Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 am

@OAC: (Relationships) That they can, but as said, some just have no interest in them. And for all Twilight shown in FoE, she either was an ice queen, or went on willpower. It was a too important assignment for her to simple waste it and toss it away. While she's been known to be irrational, it's always been FOR her task, not against it. About everything she did struck me as very odd. She risked her work and the entire country's morale in a brash and careless attempt to try and get pregnant? It doesn't feel very Twilight at all. And as for Fluttershy, as said, she literally couldn't get much "affection/attention" from Golden, as he was just a wheezing pile of miserable pony, and thus needed her to give him constant affection/attention of her own. Which as said, totally would help with her stress to have to spend all her free time taking care of him. Not being allowed to once get rid of having to work, think of the war or get something for herself. Point being, there's just such a row of bad decisions and whatnot that needs to be filled for it to even have a remove chance of working. It's like... they have to find out a Lich's weak point is his third nipple to the right by pure coincidence by conveniently having a cabbage in their pocket, while said lich has a weak spot for dutch polka music, which they of course happen to be playing at that exact moment, while wearing purple lederhosen, which negates his powers on Wednesdays, which it just so happens to be. Then again, with that having happened about seven times in PH, I don't see why I am surprised... (can't remember that either if they did or not. But it either means they recklessly used no protection at all, wanting to get pregnant. Or that all contraceptive failed, for all characters. Though, going with Twist, it either uses heat, or it's smart enough to not use the 190 % pregnancy chance fiction often have. Heck, did you know the whole "water broke" rarely even happens irl? Just another of those urban legends or what to call them. Anyhow, the anti-preg implant could also just be overall practical. As said; not much point with just placing it inside during each heat if it might as well live in there.) And as said with Golden, the whole thing was just an overall retarded idea, even Golden concluded so, yet kept doing it since (so far most seeming) he was either selfish or wanted to use her womb. And Flutter was just thrown in there and was made to pity fuck him, instead of taking any other of the plethora of choices out of plot convenience, and since every mane six needed to have a relationship with Golden, and that any sexual relationship HAD to be with a major plot point character. While Twi had a more logical and possibly solid relation, she was still made to act very odd, a bit of ~child mindset given to her. And while her going ice queen after could be a possibility, it feels a bit... forgot the word for it. But overall, it is more or less that she went back to "IC" AFTER mac died. Having her act irresponsibly, immature and reckless among other things, such as not "taking her job seriously" or being the OCD Twilight we know from the show and FoE until Mac got killed. Prolly rambling somewhat. But my point being, it's the fact that they are always given these "it COULD happen" things. Overall, some of them have "fit" to a degree, quite many have "worked", but a lot have also just been on this "natural 20!" chance area. Pretty much like stating that Golden totally loved being sounded while Shy did him in the ass with a strap-on/feeldoe. Since it COULD happen, thus it does, for the sake of inconvenience. And please correct me if I am wrong, but Twi and Mac met with Twi disguising herself as someone else (to get some "spare time"), they met like, once, and Twilight was hurled at the "nerdy, shy schoolgirl" stereotype or something like that. Then they basically met every now and then to fuck in the dark after one date, then occasionally went out to dinner or movie every now and then in between the "quickies", so overall it developed over some weeks, with a meeting like, once or twice a week if they were lucky? (which imo, could possibly to a degree collide with her workaholic personality, but as said, that could be written off as her simply "becoming like that after".) Though, have to disagree on the "less, even" part, since yeah, might sound a bit... whatever to call it, but don't see why it would be more in character just because it's with someone else than her close friends. Though yes, I will agree that many shipping stories are very lacking in "depth" in that area, just playing on the fact that "they've known each other". There are the few rare ones that have an actually IC and plausible story though. Of both main six, and "out of mane six" pairs.

(MPS) Yeah, I'd say cartoon logic, quite a bit of which have been removed to make FoE "work" :P
But overall, would put shy as weak. (in comparison) So when translated to FoE, she'd be what? a 3-4 in Str? (perhaps with a "weapon handling" perk, but for certain situations... or overall a modified "nerd rage" perk.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:50 pm

I tried to read what you wrote, Kim. I tried.
I got half way through, but for gods sakes, you need to break that shit up with proper formatting.
I was getting lost on where I was at with each line, so yeah.

Anyway, I agree it is all too convenient, but I shrug it off simply to enjoy the story... on the first go through, anyway.
I did the same with the original.

Next time I read the original, I'll look at it for flaws and such. Next time I read Horizons once it's complete, I'll look at it for flaws.
First time round is for pure enjoyment.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:22 pm

RoboRed wrote:
dealer:
Oh wow. I kind of COMPLETELY LOVE THAT.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:24 pm

So, I was just on the Fimfiction PH Discussion thread in one of the groups I'm a member of. There was a lot of members badmouthing Goldie, so I said he's definitely not as bad as many believe.
I also said I'd explain but people wouldn't believe me, which none of them did and all demanded for me to explain.

Anyway, after putting it off for a little while because not really having the energy for all that, I've finally written it out in some small detail, and I just thought I'd share here too.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm

This exchange from 40 is perfect and is everything you needed to know about Goldenblood.

“But. . . ah. . . you’re not what I expected at all. From the way Rarity and
Scootaloo talk about you, I thought you were some kind of blood-drinking monster.”
Goldenblood looked at the flushing pegasus for a moment. “Oh no, Miss Belle. I’m afraid I’m quite an ordinary monster.”

Witty, haunting and perfect. oxford comma be damned
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, unfortunately, Somber is feeling so ill that we've called off brushing for the weekend.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Well, unfortunately, Somber is feeling so ill that we've called off brushing for the weekend.
It is what it is. You guys should enjoy these last few days of the year anyway.

Feel better Somber!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm

@Somber
Rest and fluids. Remember them, and I hope you get better before New Years.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:27 pm

@Somber's Sickness
I totally get you - I'm kinda in the same boat, though it's only a cold for me. Can't hear properly 'cos of pressure, but it's not the worst I've ever had. Very distracting, though, and I took NyQuil last night under the impression that it somehow wouldn't completely knock me out. Boy, was I wrong! Anyway, feel better, dude, and don't intentionally dehydrate yourself just to get rid of the nose running and stuff! (It isn't worth it, trust me on this)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Get well soon, Somber !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:10 am

stringtheory wrote:just found this piece of fan art:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Scotch_tape_and_p_21_by_whispir-d5orn6a

OH MY GOD. I LOVE THIS!

Get better Somber, than write. And don't get stressed over it.

@Kip and Goldie

Good lord. I weep for such a man. Oh wait, he fucking toyed with Fluttershy. Nevermind.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:25 am

Well, I already wished Somber to get better quickly on IRC, but it never hurts to say it again. Just try to take it easy and get better soon, Somber. *hugs you gently*

I'd hoped to be able to post this on Christmas, and wish you all well, but several rather bad days later, it just didn't happen... So I hope you all had a lovely Hearth's Warming, and will have a nice New Years.

Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/39209289922
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, I already wished Somber to get better quickly on IRC, but it never hurts to say it again. Just try to take it easy and get better soon, Somber. *hugs you gently*

I'd hoped to be able to post this on Christmas, and wish you all well, but several rather bad days later, it just didn't happen... So I hope you all had a lovely Hearth's Warming, and will have a nice New Years.

Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/39209289922
Shouldn't Rampage be doing that? She's the one with all the Melee skill. Spike
Let's all hope he doesn't decide to use his Explosives skill to cook...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:19 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Let's all hope he doesn't decide to use his Explosives skill to cook...
" That's not how a crêpe flambée is made, you know ? "
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"That's not how a crêpe flambée is made, you know?"
I have this mental image of P-21 poised with a can of gasoline in his mouth and a road flare in one hoof, going, "Huh?"
(Or is it Glory? How many terrible cooks can this group contain before they all die from food poisoning?)
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:41 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:"That's not how a crêpe flambée is made, you know?"
I have this mental image of P-21 poised with a can of gasoline in his mouth and a road flare in one hoof, going, "Huh?"
(Or is it Glory? How many terrible cooks can this group contain before they all die from food poisoning?)
I can just imagine one of them finding a half-burned old world cook book and just seeing the name and thinking that's how you make it
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah that's got Glory written all over it
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Huh, I think it has been showed that P-21 is in a fact a really good cook.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 pm

@Harmony
Methinks they're just joking on how a demopony has such fine cooking skills.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 pm

@Ryx
Cool! I knew this was gonna look flippin' awesome when it got colored and all! The details on his outfit are top notch.

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

I was just thinkin' about the Apple Family Reunion episode from before Christmas.

Okay, so I don't know if everyone heard this, but Sibsy (one of the staff) confirmed that the double-meteor that showed up twice in that episode was meant to symbolize AJ's lost parents -- they're pretty much officially dead at this point, as close as you can possibly get to saying so in a kids' show (without doing a "very special episode", anyway).

It mostly just got me thinking about the Horizons version of the pony afterlife, where the souls become stars and so on.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

FeatherDust wrote:I was just thinkin' about the Apple Family Reunion episode from before Christmas.

Okay, so I don't know if everyone heard this, but Sibsy (one of the staff) confirmed that the double-meteor that showed up twice in that episode was meant to symbolize AJ's lost parents -- they're pretty much officially dead at this point, as close as you can possibly get to saying so in a kids' show (without doing a "very special episode", anyway).

It mostly just got me thinking about the Horizons version of the pony afterlife, where the souls become stars and so on.
Now that you mention it, it does give a few similarities. Interesting.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Ketchup wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:I was just thinkin' about the Apple Family Reunion episode from before Christmas.

Now that you mention it, it does give a few similarities. Interesting.
Inb4 someone makes the claim that the writers read PH instead of taking the symbolism at face value.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Lauren Faust may hate the show now but I sincerely believe at least some of the writers have at least some experience with fanworks. In fact I can confirm at least some of the folks that work for the studio browse at least EqD frequently.

Someone did send printed vanilla FoE to one of the voice actors.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Inb4 someone makes the claim that the writers read PH instead of taking the symbolism at face value.
Well that is just silly. Besides, the "stars" in PH can't be simply seen in the night sky. Then again, neither can dead people.
Remember when there was a great big pink shield around Canterlot? Easily a coincidence.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Ah, yes, the authors reading fanfics. The so-called reason why a number of things happen in the series the way they do.

We have dismissed that claim.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that the writers of The Lion King went forward in time to read Project Horizons and based the whole "kings of the past" thing on a My Little Pony fanfic.

It's really the only theory that makes sense.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Ketchup wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
Well that is just silly. Besides, the "stars" in PH can't be simply seen in the night sky. Then again, neither can dead people.
Remember when there was a great big pink shield around Canterlot? Easily a coincidence.
The writers aren't allowed to read fanfics due to copyright concerns.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Lauren Faust may hate the show now

When did this happen?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Lauren Faust may hate the show now

When did this happen?
agreed, when did this happen?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next