Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:47 am

I agree on the adorability front. Also, what did I miss?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by TalixZero Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:00 am

Wow, I haven't posted in these threads in a loooong time o.o
Have I missed any crazy new conspiracy theories in the past half a year?
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:53 am

@Camo, Hinds, OAC, Ketchup, Harmony, and Sindri
Thank you all, I'm glad you liked Boo.

P-21 was supposed to be tonight, but it's simply not going to happen... I'll try again tomorrow though, maybe...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:24 am

TalixZero wrote:Wow, I haven't posted in these threads in a loooong time o.o
Have I missed any crazy new conspiracy theories in the past half a year?
About eleven crazy conspiracy theories, four of which turned out to be true.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 am

Cptadder wrote:About eleven crazy conspiracy theories, four of which turned out to be true.
...damn, I'll have to stay on top of this thread. I feel like I've been missing out.
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:04 am

@TalixZero
Normally, it stays relatively slow, until some topic takes up our fancy or a chapter is announced/released; I generally keep a tab open to, well, keep tabs on the goings-on and all. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Editorseses: What's the status on 53?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 pm

@Swicked: Would personally not say Shy was freakishly strong. Going with you know, "cartoon logic". She is shown otherwise to be very weak. And again, it would be wanking the whole "heritage" thing. And as said, not a fan of it. Generally, most physique is how you "live". But yes, generics have a bit that matters. But going it's PH, Psycho only got the best genes (even ones they didn't have) of both parents due to magic xD She likely also got enhanced physically with science and magic by Sanguine as well. And well, AJ is technically the only one that got kids... or a kid. Can't recall if she got any else after the one with Applesnack. But yeah, ministry mares got forced to spew out badly planned foals for no other reason than plot convenience :P And well... it depends if he managed to dope, drug, abuse, rape, violate or deceive any other other of the ministry mares during their heat. (or overall) Or if they just need to do it due to plot convenience, then maybe we'll see one or two pop up.

@Iron: Yeah, she just randomly committed suicide due to plot convenience.

@Wave: Boo pleases me.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm

This is interesting :

http://kimba77.deviantart.com/art/FoE-War-Babs-344327754

Major Babs Seed, veteran of The War.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Editorseses: What's the status on 53?
What a coincidence; we actually just got an update on this. We're planning to brush next weekend (that of the 29th).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 am

Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Would personally not say Shy was freakishly strong. Going with you know, "cartoon logic". She is shown otherwise to be very weak.
I don't know, she can be really strong when the situation calls for it (towing a full balloon while chasing RD in Return of Harmony, wedging herself in a door in Dragon Quest, throwing a pony into a bell tower in Putting Your Hoof Down) but she usually lacks commitment and confidence, making her strength really a Super Powered Evil Side.

Kattlarv wrote:And well, AJ is technically the only one that got kids... or a kid. Can't recall if she got any else after the one with Applesnack. But yeah, ministry mares got forced to spew out badly planned foals for no other reason than plot convenience :P
Yeah, but the ministry mares weren't perfect after all. They were "human" too (you know what I mean). Wants, needs, desires and all so much pressure. It wasn't too surprising that they had dalliances or full blown romances to help blow off steam. Applejack had Applesnack, Rarity had Vanity, Fluttershy had Goldenblood, Twilight had Big Mac, Dash had that weird rivalry... thing... with Gilda, and Pinkie was so incredibly unstable that it's likely the only relationships she could possibly have had were with her interrogation victims. Relationships pretty much all failed or were hushed up because leaders that got pregnant and didn't contribute to the war effort would not be good role models for the common citizen.

Sure it's convenient for the plot that the Ministry Mares had descendants, but it doesn't mean that it was some hardship that was forced upon them. For the most part they chose their relationships, their own destiny. It's also not too crazy that we keep running into them: EC-1101 IS programmed to seek out the ministry mares or their descendants. It should be expected for them to show up along the route, and for Blackjack to find them.

Still waiting on what actually HAPPENED to RD though. She's never really heard from again after she rigs up the alarm system in the ministry hub...

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Clueless virgins tend to end up with the easiest and least challenging (and emotionally unstable) prey
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:51 pm

His goal is to find someone who will ultimately look up to him, if only in a small way.
He wants to be the one who comes along and rescues somepony, winning their heart and making them his.
He wants them to see him in the same light as the rest of his community are ought to see him - as the champion who will give them the best they deserve and without him that it's all worthless.

He has confidence issues in a strange, strange way.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:Dash had that weird rivalry... thing... with Gilda
Wait, that was still going on? Where are you finding this?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:46 pm

The memory orb of Dash's last fight with Gilda. Don't remember if it's from the original FoE or from PH.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The memory orb of Dash's last fight with Gilda. Don't remember if it's from the original FoE or from PH.
FoE, though it was a recording, not a memory orb.
Kkat wrote:A second voice sounded on the audio recording, gruffer than the mare’s, “Sure. Which leaves a gal to wonder why you’re just sitting up here letting me find you.”

“Hello, Gilda,” the mare’s voice replied, sounding tired.

“Sorry it had to end this way, Dash.”

“No you’re not. Not really.”

“Naw. Not really.”

“…”

“Gilda… can I make one request?”

“What?”

“Can we sing it? One more time?”

“Huh? Sing what…? oh you can’t be serious.”

“Just once?”

The second voice let out a long-suffering sigh. “Ugh. Why?”

“Because, just for a moment, I want to remember an earlier, happier time. A time when the world didn’t suck.”

“Fine. …Only for you, Dash.” The voice paused. “One final time. But after that, you know I’m going to kill you.”

“You’ll try.”

The two voices blended into an odd harmony:

“Junior Speedsters are our lives. Sky-bound soars and dare…”

The audio recording abruptly cut off; the machine had reached its limit.
I don't know... I still get the impression from that that they hadn't seen each other in a while, but, now that you've brought it up, I suppose that it doesn't confirm that... but, on the other hoof, we've not, if I remember correctly, heard from or of Gilda in relation to Dash at all in PH.
(The only mention I could find was "There was even a griffin who once tried to get all of griffinkind to adopt a common clause in our Contracts putting griffin interests first… but unfortunately Gilda failed, and none know what became of her.")
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 pm

O. Hinds wrote:snippy
Was this recording dated in any way? Because this could've been before the megaspell portion of the war. That could change things.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 pm

It was shortly after Dash went through Canterlot, and Gilda was hired by the Enclave to hunt her, so this was definitely at least days if not months after the day of fire. What if any interaction the two had before and during the war is never specified, though I imagine that if Gilda was working with Equestria as a merc she and the head of black ops would almost certainly work together sometimes. And if Gilda was working with the other side, the Enclave would hardly have been willing to hire such a 'traitorous' type.

Last edited by Sindri on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Sindri wrote:It was shortly after Dash went through Canterlot, and Gilda was hired by the Enclave to hunt her, so this was definitely at least days if not months after the day of fire.
Ah, splendid. Thanks.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 am

I never read any relationship into the Gilda thing (other than what was already there in her behavior in Brush Off). If anything, the recording quoted above makes me think they haven't seen each other since the Brush Off incident, or if they have, then they haven't healed that rift.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:17 pm

@Luminous: Firstly, that balloons weight nothing really xP Secondly, don't have us pulling up the cartoon logic here xD But yes, she seems to have "unexplained hidden power", but should we have to bring up the fact both Rarity and Twi can seemingly effortlessly lift a huge rock several times their own weight?

As for the relationships: I've said several times before some of them made no sense and was just forcefully crammed in there for the sake of plot convenience. As said: Especially when it came to Fluttershy, she needed someone pretty much the complete opposite of Golden, but she could not have that, since it had to be someone with a major relevance in the plot, just like every other mane six, none were allowed to have a relation with a nobody, everyone needed to have it with a major plot point character to squeeze in more intrigue and plot convenience. And again, so far Pinkie seems to have been protected by a "bubble" in that area, sure, she was by now means shown as not getting laid, technically, but despite hurling the rest of them (bar Dash) into a semi-forced relation due to "they're not made of stone", Pinkie seems to be an exception of that.

And yes, it was a hardship that was forced upon them. They were made OOC for the sake of being used for their wombs. They took reckless, uncaring choices just to get pregnant for a poorly explained reason, just throwing in a pity "every female wants to be a mom" thingamajig or something, and man my head is foggy right now... anyhow, part being. In FoE, Twilight was the most "ice queen" of the mane six. Having a relation was far too time consuming, dumb and damaged the view of the ministries. Twilight had no desire to have a child in the "businesswoman" sense in FoE, she didn't have time for it, and knew she wouldn't be a good mother. But now she got a personality flip (just like Psycho) to want it for the sake of her being female. And then we have Fluttershy, that somehow decides it's a great idea (if going with that this was totally their idea to get inseminated while in heat and use no protection whatsoever, since it is totally what they'd see as the best possible action) to get pregnant with an incompetent and crippled father that won't be able to do shit for their child, along with her having a ~95 % miscarriage chance due to her current condition, despite being barely mentally fit enough to even take care of herself or handle another setback. So yes, that THE Fluttershy is fully willing to gamble with the life of her unborn child as carelessly one might do with 1 $ on a roulette table, yes I totally see her being fully willing and capable of that. It was her choice to be that reckless with the life of her own child. And I totally see her with having a "generic religious/selfish american mindset" of "it HAS to be a biological child of mine, fuck adoption, but screw abortion!" and sorry if rambling. Just in a very odd mood currently. But overall, keep in mind the chance they made a 170 % secret descendant, or had their eggs stolen, the chance they would have survived for 200+ years is very small.

As for Dash, there's quite a few interesting speculations of what happened to her. Same goes for Scootaloo. (also, according to Kkat, her minstry mares were all straight, bar from Dash, who got bi when she was drunk.)

@Swicked: It's chill. It depends on what exactly is talked about him. But yeah, overall, he seems even more... "bloated/selfish" now with that pointed out xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:38 pm

@Relationships
I think I must disagree on some points, here. As little as I may know about relationships, I do know that they can come very unexpectedly. For somepony like Twilight or Fluttershy, the former being consumed with her work and the latter being, well, shy, they might not normally consider ever being in a relationship, and certainly would not seek one out. However, this absolutely doesn't mean they would not be happy to receive the attentions of another - frankly, this could well make them more inclined to do so. This is not the recipe for true love or whatever, but that doesn't mean none of the ponies involved wouldn't go for it, anyway. Heck, lots of folks who haven't exactly been social butterflies will jump at the chance to be in a relationship - like has been noted, even a little bit of affection can make people fall in love. And what's worse is that Goldenblood was just as bad, and it's possible that Big Mac was similarly shy, going by what's been seen on the show and by the general fanon interpretation of his stoicism. So, you end up with two pairs who are stupidly inexperienced at relationships, and make a lot of big, bad decisions. (Also, still not sure whether or not ponies being in heat is a thing in FOE/PH - can't remember. Might be that they go into heat but can still become pregnant at other times, or something... actually, based on the anti-fertility implant, seems likely that pregnancy at any time is a possibility) Goldenblood and Fluttershy getting together was clearly a bad idea, logically - neither had time and secret relationships are fraught with problems - and ended up being a bad relationship emotionally. This doesn't mean that they wouldn't fall into one, though. I dunno; I may just read the situation and characters differently. As for Twi and Big Mac, that one seemed to be going rather well; Twilight only went ice queen after his death, which is never something anyone is prepared for - especially when Big Mac was just about to be out of the military for good. Yes, their relationships were probably convenient for the plot, but they're realistic enough, in my opinion, and no more out of character than any shipping story - less, even, since there wasn't inter-mane 6 shipping, and since the relationships develop over a significant amount of time. Anyway, that's just my take.

@Massive Pony Strength
Who knows whence comes that hideous strength? Mostly, I'd guess cartoon logic; ponies are clearly quite strong, since they regularly lug around pretty heavy loads without collapsing from exhaustion (saddlebags, carts, apples) in scenes that aren't done for comedic effect, but Tom is just plain crazy heavy. Adrenaline could help, along with muscle training or something, and magic drugs. Magic gene therapies and the like, too. But mostly cartoon physics, especially in the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 pm

dealer:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Sorry everyone... I hoped to brush 53 but I got my stupid ass sick again. We'll see what I can get done, but head hurts really bad.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Somber wrote:Sorry everyone... I hoped to brush 53 but I got my stupid ass sick again. We'll see what I can get done, but head hurts really bad.
too bad to hear that Somber, get well soon Santa
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 pm

It's quite alright Somber. Just take it easy till you're better.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Somber wrote:Sorry everyone... I hoped to brush 53 but I got my stupid ass sick again. We'll see what I can get done, but head hurts really bad.
Hey, whenever you feel better. Health is priority numero uno ^^
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 pm

You could always write in a fever-dream state! Applebloom

Just kidding, get well soon!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Don't forget to take some placebos. Did you know that Viking death metal cures headaches? Or... causes them I don't remember which.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:06 am

Feel better soon, boss!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next