Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+27
MrMagma
CamoBadger
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
IncoherentOrange
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
WovenTales
Ketchup
Kippershy
OneMoreDaySK
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
FeatherDust
Caoimhe
Vergil
Ironmonger
Cptadder
RoboRed
Sindri
Frost
31 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:00 pm

A grenade rifle would be a real blast to use.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Frost Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, me, the Mage, our half-Orc barbarian, our Human fighter and our Elf Ranger were the backup for our shapeshifting Gnome assassin, who passed as the Dwarf Baron's wife and killed him in his sleep
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Ketchup wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I figured he wanted to give it an explosive that could make a shockwave within the body since, as you say, fragmentation would be useless. To do that, he needs magic. I mentioned 20mm being the start point for useful explosive loadings earlier.
Edit: Oh, and he wanted to save metal. Not sure why he'd need to, a bullet is very small.
So make it a rifle grenade, it's quite easy to mount up to 40mm grenades from any standard 6mm or above rifle and explosives don't need to move fast for infantry use.
A grenade rifle as a military's primary close quarters combat firearm?
I think he meant something like this.
Ah, I see. Still, though, that and a rifle to fire it from does not seem like the ideal general-issue firearm for use inside buildings or cramped shipboard conditions.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Bah, can't think of how to make FO:E cast, so instead I'm going to add y'all to my XCOM team. Any classes, genders, and playstyles you want in particular? Also have no idea, but I've gotten a whole lot of female characters instead of guys. O.o

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Bah, can't think of how to make FO:E cast, so instead I'm going to add y'all to my XCOM team. Any classes and playstyles you want in particular?

I prefer either shotguns and heavy weapons or assault, in other words close or medium range.

EDIT: Post screenshots! Applejack

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 pm

IRL I favor shotguns, carbines and knives. I know nothing about X-COM
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 pm

They call him Mister Frost because he ices his enemies, and you'll only take his rifle from his cold, dead hands. Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Bah, can't think of how to make FO:E cast, so instead I'm going to add y'all to my XCOM team. Any classes, genders, and playstyles you want in particular? Also have no idea, but I've gotten a whole lot of female characters instead of guys. O.o
No problem, can I be a Shiv?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 pm

You can make another SHIV me.

Speaking of, does anyone want to have members of my Pokémon White Version 2 party named after them for shiggles? I've got:

Drifblim, Haxorus, Stoutland, Ampharos, and Lucario. If someone wants to be Serperior of Unfezant, they can.

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=798
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 am

Caoimhe wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
And this is why dead ponies should stay dead.

"She was raped by an entire raider gang, killed a room full of foals, and died in one of the worst ways imaginable as her body slowly broke down from taint and radiation...WE SHOULD BRING HER BACK TO LIFE!"

Yes, I do have serious issues with Glory's logic at this point.

Oooh, controversial.

While I disagree because STORY, you can argue that it's nature to want to do everything to save the ones you love. She was .00000000001% living at that point and with Rampage's nervous system, there was hope and a way to save her, so they did. When you look at everything that's happened since, even with all the negatives, it was worth keeping her around, even for herself.

I'm with you here. It's also worth noting that Glory was perhaps the strongest believer that life always should have a chance to go on, even if the costs are high and there's a high probability the person would never really recover--she was the vote in favor of not killing the room full of foals, after all.

CamoBadger wrote:That is true, it ended up being a good thing she stayed around, but they couldn't have known that ahead of time, so it was a pretty dumb choice for them to have made like that.

Also, it really conflicts with my beliefs on death, because if your time has come then that's it, it's over. Giving one pony a second chance to live like that is incredibly selfish, and I'm pretty sure the other ponies living around Hoofington might be slightly pissed off that Security was saved when their loved ones all stay dead.

I'm afraid I can't jump on board that fatalism train. While there is much to be said for dying with dignity, at the time of one's choosing. But on the other hand, I do think that if one wishes to keep going on, and it's a feasible option, then I think that it should be up to them. And Blackjack did give Glory permission to do whatever she wanted to keep her alive, short of going to Sanguine. Sure, she didn't expect it to work, but ultimately that's just another case where Blackjack and Glory did a poor job of communicating.

As for the selfishness/envy line of argument, I just don't see it that way. Look, the fact is that in their odd time of techno-magical marvels combined with extreme scarcity, amazing things can happen--once or twice. They can't save everybody, but the owners of the tech certainly have the right to use it to save whom they wish, and the It's a Wonderful Life scenario that played out is a testament not only to the generosity of those who pitched in, but to the selflessness of the mare who gave so much to them first. While certainly her renewal could inspire envy among some in the wasteland, the same could be said of any other good turn of fortune or work of charity.

Blackjack of course feels guilty about the costs she believes she imposed on her benefactors, but personally I think that's more in keeping with the fact that she feels that way about everything she is involved in than a rational line of thought.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32