Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+27
MrMagma
CamoBadger
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
IncoherentOrange
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
WovenTales
Ketchup
Kippershy
OneMoreDaySK
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
FeatherDust
Caoimhe
Vergil
Ironmonger
Cptadder
RoboRed
Sindri
Frost
31 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't know about you, but my parents were always terrified of razor blades and poison in my halloween candy. these fears are unjustified, and unjustified fear is one of the world's biggest problem today

that's why this year, i'm going to make all of those fears completely justified. come, friends, let us stock up on needles, razors and rat poison. if those overprotective parents want death-candy, by the God-Emperor let's give them some frakking death-candy
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I don't know about you, but my parents were always terrified of razor blades and poison in my halloween candy. these fears are unjustified, and unjustified fear is one of the world's biggest problem today

that's why this year, i'm going to make all of those fears completely justified. come, friends, let us stock up on needles, razors and rat poison. if those overprotective parents want death-candy, by the God-Emperor let's give them some frakking death-candy
Instead of murdering children, watch "Trick r Treat" - a kickass camp-celebration horror film - and give out caramel onions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I don't know about you, but my parents were always terrified of razor blades and poison in my halloween candy. these fears are unjustified, and unjustified fear is one of the world's biggest problem today

Instead of murdering children, watch "Trick r Treat" - a kickass camp-celebration horror film - and give out caramel onions.

I saw that movie. It was indeed kickass

razorblade caramel onions?

I'm trying to help people here!
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

Cptadder wrote:Don't worry that's just Iron trying to implement a face saving measure.
But his efforts there are more likely for him to end up with egg on his face. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 779695502

That will just egg me on.

Its going to take an egg-ceptional amount of effort to make up for that.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Its going to take an egg-ceptional amount of effort to make up for that.

Ironmonger does not make up for anything!
Spoiler:

Valikdu wrote:
Spoiler:

When I read "Get off" I thought of something completely different. Twilight

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Fo:E-based (with mention of PH in the description) fic spotted!

A Pony of a Different Color
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Karasu wrote:hey guys, i just found an image of what the hurricane did!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_mcoae1EXRn1qa118co1_500
is that a SHARK?
yep it's a shark..in someone's front yard.

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:41 pm

also because i feel like having a little fun, have an instructional image.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_lso022LazE1qbggrmo1_250

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 pm

...You're a tricky one, you!
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Not sure if I posted this here:
Cutie Mark Crusaders Rally Team Go!!!:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:12 pm

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD YAY
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:17 pm

There needs to be art of this.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Does this count?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 pm

...Whut.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Wouldn't repair of the body be relatively trivial, though? Maybe not if she was killed by brain trauma, but if it was a simple shot to the heart, missing lower section, even decapitation... Equestria's got the tech for that.
Healing potions and even healing talismans provide natural healing. Only Ghouls and Ramapge have built in healing and each are fueling the healing from raw magical energy. Healing potions and the like just accelerate the body's ability to repair. Without healing potions six gunshot wounds are eight months in the hospital, with them it's eight seconds. But they all require a living body to heal with. Live cells which unless you know Flutters is going to die... you just don't have time to ice her or pod her unless she happens to be visiting Project Steelpony when she's killed. Otherwise the body dies to quickly and the resident bacteria in your body starts decomposing you.
Those aren't the only sorts of reconstruction available, though. I mean, a cyborg corpse possessed by a trapped soul is still sort of a resurrection.

Karasu wrote:hey guys, i just found an image of what the hurricane did!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_mcoae1EXRn1qa118co1_500
B***** ****!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm

O Hinds, that kind of language is hardly becoming of a gentleman of your standing, don't you think?
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Bitchfist I've come so far behind on these. Ah well, better start with this before it becomes too many pages. Already 2-3 whole rule 34's behind on these.

Will firstly start with a totally random thing, anyone that hasn't seen season 3 spoilers, stay out of the spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Cpt: (way back, about avatars) I just "Ctrl+f" if I am out after a certain members post. Might not work as well if you are after several, but if only after Sombers.

@Swicked: (way back, that kingdom thing, name change prank) Is the change permanent or temporary? Just wondering.

@EP: Random RP talk:
Spoiler:

On another side note, it'd be nice if people I knew stopped trying to die. And yeah, okay, low blood pressure is not entirely their fault, but still. They might have died if there weren't people there. And seeing how it was way after midnight as well, the chance was quite bellow average.

On another side note, Did I ever post the Xanthe-Suit clopfic? If I can recall with my memory, it might have been I sent it to proofreading, got a first review of it, then waited for the reply to
that, which then got ated and the person reading it vanished from our forum... that seems like it could have happened. Just doing a check to see if I recall this right or not xP

And last side note: My teeth has not agreed with me lately. Might hopefully get better soon, gums and all overall has been sore. Going to dentist in 2 days, will likely ask for sedative this time.

@EP (the whole "furious masturbation" thing) Every seen any of the "extreme" videos? xD Also, "furious masturbation" is actually an inside joke in my RP group xD

@Cao: (scootaburger) Just because I haven't been ruining threads with the gutter for a while: Just so you know: I'd totally "eat" her, if you knowwhat I mean ;D Think of this every time you look at your avatar, I do. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 3007958872

@OBS: (people missing and welcome back) Well, I can't recall all, but the people mentioned there, and that wigglesquigglejiggle or whatever the name was. or unless that was the one being referred to. We also have some that pop in and out occasionally.

@EP: (elements of harmony) Well, Luna and Celestia found and used them against Discord, that's about what's known, and that they represent the virtues of stuff. Though, it's not even sure ponies have a religion to start with, don't know if they even need one. I mean, sure, they got Celstia (and now Luna) but nothing really indicates they have one. Could be some sort of artifacts though indeed.

And huh, I was only 2 rule 34 behind, whaddaya know... or wait, lemme check this again... fak, I was wrong, it was 3 xD *sighs and faceplants* Here goes my day... good thing I got up early for once.

(HiE) Personally really "meh" about them, since about all I've ever seen has either been fanwanking or self insert. The guy always either swoons a mane six since he is just that awesome, often with OOC acting or no logical reason, or he is just awesome and saves the day somehow, or both. Seen one amusing one, but it was made to be amusing. Some dramatic reading Mic did.

(Somber, late chapter) While way overdue, I know totally how to handle this. (apparently impossible to find outside of it's book, but) Take a fitting weapon, such as a whip. Give it the "healing" enchant from the Warcraft tabletop RPG. Apply to Somber repeatedly with force. The perfect mix! Can help her at the same time she's being punished xP

Unrelated: ... gah! People/family want to know what I want for x-mas/jul! And my mind is blank, can't really see any material thing I'd want or that would brighten my mood. And blah, now I slumped down and my stomach hurts as well, perfect way to resume the day. *yay* Expect skimming to increase. As always, mention if I miss something.

@Kipper: (fic) Gl with it, soon done with my... what's the opposite of masterpiece? Especially if you combine the two xD

@Cao: (Alicorns) As said, people overuse and abuse them. Just like Pinkie and cupcakes, after the 3974'th time, it's just not freaking funny, unique or interesting anymore. (and we've talked about several times before you know) Yet people keep doing it like it's the most awesome and innovative thing ever. Even in the clopfics as said it's similar, pegasi, and especially unicorns are being fanwanked like I don't know what. And again, earth ponies are just seen as "meh". I mean really, where does it say just because something is "better" or "has more" that they need to be rewarded for it? It's a bit like saying politicians shouldn't have to pay for anything and not be restricted by something as silly as the law. It's just... ugh, if people only could see how stupid some of the things they do is in perspective. Average length rambling about an RPG that has a great "unfair" factor:
Spoiler:

@Admiral: (shining armour voice) He was totally on the wrong track, Twiley needs to learn how to use pessars (dunno what they are called in eng) and lickpatches xP Though, it was quite amusing. Laughed a the cat part, dunno why xD Moreso than the buttplug quote.

@Iron: (FoE-RPG) There's already acouple in the making, mostly scrapped ones though. I'm doing a d100 one, that might be done sometime next year if I can manage to get the mood to it... and is still alive. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 4206338362 Kkat has made some crappy rip-off something herself though. (and yes, I am insulting it, not on accord that I am making one, but by the fact she stated she had no time to help any side project or whatnot, she was just going to relax for some months, read a couple side stories and such. She even dropped by the RPG making forums and commented on some of the projects. Then half a year later came out with a "Hai gais! I made my own RPG for FoE!" and unless I recall wrong, she basically had ripped a lot from another RPG that was in the making, or scrapped, something like that. I think it is a D20 system or something right? In either case. I still have a couple grudges again her, all with a solid foundation. And atop it all, I still don't know if she was immature about a certain topic/question or just avoided it for being a plothole, or just personal preference/ignorance. So yeah, still extremely slowly working on my RPG. And dunno if I'm snappy than usual, but currently sacrificing to Khrone so to speak.

Robo+Cao: (cars) There's a really big "turn on" pun with the whole car talk, ignition engine and all that xP

@EP: (Power armour) Power armours was not that common on the field, most EP, PP and UP fought in light combat gear if any if I recall. And overall, as said before: Technically an EP is worth more than a PP or UP. Since sure, they are very vital in battle, but without EP's, no crops. Augh, it's so hard to make them a balanced race without slapping a "tank" label on them. Atm they're just a jack of all trade with increased toughness... but as said, if they really would toss a large majority of EP's to the frontlines, they'd quite quickly get fucked with the decrease in the only population portion that does food. Still find it overall kinda stupid that the pegasi would be so "whimpy" so to speak. Like, they complained that pegasi died? Their race had the warrior culture, not to mention: So does the other two races! Not like only pegasi died. Overall though imo, going with that it was rare for a unicorn to have any other magic than their talent, they'd be about as much use as an EP. Pegasi has a flanking advantage, unicorns could likely quickly counter grenades, depending how good they were with handling magic, not seen any "toss" something that much magic wise, kinda slow levitation. And EP's just overall likely having a bit better stamina, along with possible terrain advantage with their ability to commune with nature... though it seems a lot more "useful" out of battle... on a side note, anyone comparing Stronghoof a bit to the "YEAH!" pegasus?

@Kipper: (compensation/driving) Same here *tonguesmirk* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 3845856932

@Necro: (Points) Why can't I write seemingly well thought out and properly formulated posts? :< I do agree to some points in there though. And on the thing as a whole: I am quite sure I recall Somber mentioning that a main character was going to die soon, or something like that. Added comment: And As most of you all am aware off, you should know I think Somber limit herself with not going anywhere far from our worlds stereotypical standards in quite a few occasions. Along with similar things like that. Kkat did the same thing, but some speculate she did it out of sexual preference. But yeah... it feels a bit like she snuffs out interesting things at times. Just breaking off course to appease the social norms some expect to see. Happened several times I was expecting something good, insightful or interesting, just to be slapped in the face with a more or less "Nope, just Chuck Testa.", like it's afraid to go all the way. As said, I suck at explaining. But I can't recall the name of that movie where that horse sinks into the quicksand, and it is all sad and stuff. To compare as best as I can, to a degree it is like Somber is reading that story, and when she comes to that part, has an internal gasp, concluding she can't say the horse dies after realizing what is about to happen, and makes something up (like pixies saved it) or steers away from that scene entirely, afraid what might happen if they tell it. But in the other hand not afraid to emphasise, or crank up the level on other scenes, especially ones that are "generic" in their sense. There, likely badly explained, but eh... it's the best I can do...

On a side note of that, I have to say I find to really stupid that the goddess can "control" BJ. BJ hasn't even been close to the "goddess vat", she has no connection with the unity or whatever it
now is called. Sure, a dozen of alicorns tried to mind control Pip, but failed. Here the goddess for some reason has clear access to BJ, possibly trough Lac, but it was still nothing she had shown ever being capable of before. Just found that random and sorta pulled out of no-where... then again, Somber pulls allot off stuff out of nowhere :P

@Somber: (Pinkie) A small part of me have to say I am a bit surprised you have a "weak point/limit" that went with being burnt to death. I can certainly see said point, but in the other hoof you've technically done worse stuff... you have a really uneven "scale" or whatever it is called. (meaning overall, not just that. But I've, and other have said that before when pointing out odd or contradicting things.) And upon reading further, I did understand it more why.

And ugh... what was I thinking taking a break? Now it's late as hell and I need to get up early, blargh xD

@Swicked: (childkiller) Mine does now xD (and augh! it is sometimes really bad that gdocs have a date counter on their documents, partially hurts to see how slow I am ^=^'

@EP: (Sombra) Huh... well, it does sound a tad bit too feminine. I still find it funny though. And augh... will so bail in 20 minutes, 79 pages of stuff has been too much, especially after that un-allowed break I took. Will take the rest ~40 or so tomorrow, since I guess they will add up to at least that... on a unrelated side note, if you for some reason remove your ovaries, you are
not allowed to gell them up and keep them in jars, due to the national threat you can create biological weapons with them. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 2322646808 (don't do it Cao)

(Random commentary) And if it turns out P-21 "locked" the door, I still call bullshit on it. Jam it? Possibly, sure, but not lock, that's just retarded imo. (unless they managed to do it in some way that makes sense)

And I am soooo skimming so much stuff right now :<

(Video games) even if they are canon in Equestria, BJ stated the only thing to do in 99 for "amusement" was fucking. Either with another mare, getting each-other off (or one, depending if it was a bet, exchange or bullying or whatnot.) Or have a stallion take care or your needs... or take care of his as well or entirely apparently in BJ's case. (or heck, likely possible almost every mare in 99 cared a lot about the stallions pleasure, going with nothing else has been "rough/mean" in that regards, it is fully possibly only P-21 thought it was a living hell) That and the card games and whatnot. Nothing else was indicated to be in the stable. So her knowing what a game is is kind of out of the arse/blue, as said, Somber does these quite often. Some less grounded and unrelated than others. And some just out of nowhere, then are treated like a core character trait the character commonly uses everyday or often, but we just simply haven't ever seen it up until this very chapter, about 40+ chapters in with the character, since there was somehow just never any situation or time for them to mention it before, despite them being in the same situation a couple of times at least. But it still totally has always been a quirk of theirs.

... also, with the mention of the "text adventure", why do I picture secretaries and overall ponies sitting and clopping to erotic adventure games? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 64684025

@Cao: (screwing lightbulbs and housework) Actually, pegasi wings are like, super prehensile or whatever it is called. They've been use in show to read an newspaper and flip the pages while holding it. So wings are efficient appendages.

(Shoes) Heh, actually have a centaur in D&D with a couple of pairs... or quadropairs or what to call it that has different effects. Like running faster or levitating over the ground.

And augh, giving up now xD My eyeballs throb too much andstuff. If I have morning dew in the morning, I am going to be so ticked off... if I don't get tackled all day, can hopefully finish comments tomorrow.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : gah, damn "cut text in half" things. takes me another 10 min just to cut the text down.)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd say that rated a seven on the Kim koherency scale of posts. Not bad, certainly a respectable score, and the East German judge did not help matters at all. Personally I think he is racist.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Wouldn't repair of the body be relatively trivial, though? Maybe not if she was killed by brain trauma, but if it was a simple shot to the heart, missing lower section, even decapitation... Equestria's got the tech for that.
Healing potions and even healing talismans provide natural healing. Only Ghouls and Ramapge have built in healing and each are fueling the healing from raw magical energy. Healing potions and the like just accelerate the body's ability to repair. Without healing potions six gunshot wounds are eight months in the hospital, with them it's eight seconds. But they all require a living body to heal with. Live cells which unless you know Flutters is going to die... you just don't have time to ice her or pod her unless she happens to be visiting Project Steelpony when she's killed. Otherwise the body dies to quickly and the resident bacteria in your body starts decomposing you.
Those aren't the only sorts of reconstruction available, though. I mean, a cyborg corpse possessed by a trapped soul is still sort of a resurrection.
Yes but the point was that Equestria lacks any resurrection tech and there are no cyborg corpses running around possessed by their own souls running around except maybe Blackjack. Everyone else made cyborg was quite alive at the time and the point is that a crazy Twilight would give up because once Fluttershy is dead she's dead dead all the way dead. No amount of cyborg parts or soul jarring can help once you've already lost the soul to the veil of death.

Remember why we are killing Fluttershy, because if we don't kill Fluttershy she'll find out about Mister Frosts rape factory clone army to help us win the war but we can't keep it secret from Fluttershy so she has to die. Except when she does die her friends who are all in charge of important ministries of government will either a little to full blown crazy.

*Edit also Kattlarv posted
I'm not sure about what, but I can sure as heck see that Kattlarv has in fact posted around topics and subjects and nouns.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Erumpet wrote:O Hinds, that kind of language is hardly becoming of a gentleman of your standing, don't you think?
The street is underwater, and it has a shark in it. My apologies, though.

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Yes but the point was that Equestria lacks any resurrection tech and there are no cyborg corpses running around possessed by their own souls running around except maybe Blackjack. Everyone else made cyborg was quite alive at the time and the point is that a crazy Twilight would give up because once Fluttershy is dead she's dead dead all the way dead. No amount of cyborg parts or soul jarring can help once you've already lost the soul to the veil of death.

Remember why we are killing Fluttershy, because if we don't kill Fluttershy she'll find out about Mister Frosts rape factory clone army to help us win the war but we can't keep it secret from Fluttershy so she has to die. Except when she does die her friends who are all in charge of important ministries of government will either a little to full blown crazy.

*Edit also Kattlarv posted
I'm not sure about what, but I can sure as heck see that Kattlarv has in fact posted around topics and subjects and nouns.
Eh, I guess that maybe pulling souls back could be beyond even the Black Book's abilities.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Sindri wrote:Spend a few days running the clone through the equivalent of twenty years of life. They experience the same input that the template soldier did, over the same subjective period, and learn the same things from it. Then they come out and yes their body isn't properly adapted to use their "experience" but a few months of physical therapy fixes that up. The training would be suboptimal because it wasn't tailored to the individual's learning speed and talents, but you'd get a lot of bodies on the field rapidly.
Memory orbs run at a one-to-one timescale; it takes the same amount of time to experience one that it did to record it. The only high speed memory dump we've ever seen is a direct mind-to-mind spell that requires a living, active mind behind it (the un-discording spell). Well, that and the Crusader Supercomputer Mind Scanner, but we have even less information about how that works than we do about Twilight's memory-burst spell.

And again, I disagree that they would gain experience from that process; more likely you would not come out with a brain that knows how to be a soldier (even in a rudimentary way), but rather one that has been trained through long (subjective) experience to be passive. A brain that has never known agency -- one that doesn't recognize that it has control over the world around it. It spent twenty subjective years being able to only see and experience, but not to do. How broken would it be by that time?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Eh, I guess that maybe pulling souls back could be beyond even the Black Book's abilities.

On that note, do we know what kind of turnaround time there is for souls returning to the living world, taking a new life? Because it seems like no matter what that could either set a hard limit--if not in time then at least in the occurrence of a discrete event--on when a soul-fetch could take place or complicate things greatly--along the lines of babies losing souls and such.

Anyway, this is pretty off-topic and may have been posted while I was away, but I found this salute to the Soviet fighters at Stalingrad to be very moving, and it will perhaps be of interest to the historically inclined.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 pm

One of the most moving things I've heard is this

Also if anyone is wanting to get into vector art but think its difficult, there is this program called Inkscape that lets you do vector graphics, and it seems pretty simple from what I've seen.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Icy Shake wrote:On that note, do we know what kind of turnaround time there is for souls returning to the living world, taking a new life? Because it seems like no matter what that could either set a hard limit--if not in time then at least in the occurrence of a discrete event--on when a soul-fetch could take place or complicate things greatly--along the lines of babies losing souls and such.
Eh, give the war another decade and Equestria would probably have a whole line of foalsoul fuels in production.

Icy Shake wrote:Anyway, this is pretty off-topic and may have been posted while I was away, but I found this salute to the Soviet fighters at Stalingrad to be very moving, and it will perhaps be of interest to the historically inclined.
Interesting; that's a side of it that I've not thought of before. Thank you for posting this.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Ironmonger wrote:One of the most moving things I've heard is this

Also if anyone is wanting to get into vector art but think its difficult, there is this program called Inkscape that lets you do vector graphics, and it seems pretty simple from what I've seen.
...How many songs are there with the same music as God Save the Queen?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:One of the most moving things I've heard is this

...How many songs are there with the same music as God Save the Queen?

If I remember correctly, this song was the first...I think. My Country Tis of Thee used the same exact music and was based upon it from what I've read.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Also if anyone is wanting to get into vector art but think its difficult, there is this program called Inkscape that lets you do vector graphics, and it seems pretty simple from what I've seen.
And not only that, but it's pretty powerful as well. As I understand it, you can do enough with the simple (free!) interface to make it one of the more common/recommended/tutorialed vector drawing programs. Still have to take the pieces somewhere else for animation, though, and for that you do pretty much need Flash. Synfig is probably the best free way to get your art to move, but it falls short in other areas. (Admittedly, my largest problem with it was that individual symbols do not have their own timelines. Call me stubborn.) Note that none of this means that I am actually good at vector art or animation.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:42 pm

I originally went searching around for vectoring programs because I need art for my story. Every artist I've seen does commissions instead of requests, my reaction being "I don't have any money! FUCK!" so I decided to do it myself.

Also

I think it needs some Viagra.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 H_50576737-397x512

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Anyway, this is pretty off-topic and may have been posted while I was away, but I found this salute to the Soviet fighters at Stalingrad to be very moving, and it will perhaps be of interest to the historically inclined.
The perspective taken by the article is rather interesting, I've never thought of what could have happened if Stalingrad had been taken. Along similar lines, What if Operation Overlord had failed? Or Operation Market-Garden succeeded? Thankfully, I suppose, we'll never find out.
That article also mentions the Soviet workforce that was one of the Red Army's real strengths, which you don't see mentioned often enough in these sorts of articles.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 am

Sheesh Sandy took out my internet for most of the day.
What're we talking 'bout again? I'm lost.

Lesse, from what I see there's:
A whatif discussion on Fluttershy's supposed death by assassins.
Some music discussion
Some art discussion
Ironmonger posting a great deal of pictures.
Kim posting.

That it?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next