Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Oh, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Rayndalf wrote:Looks like I two more instances of 12/12.7 mm.
Chapter 65 wrote:"dozens of twelve-millimeter semiautomatic weapons tumbled out"
Chapter 65 wrote:"I replied as I loaded up on magazines of twelve millimeter rounds"
12.7 mm rounds were surprising prevalent in this chapter...
If only they were this common in Fallout New Vegas
Is this an issue? Blackjack's been using 12.7's for a while and she's almost always very specific about caliber.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm

I was pointing out two additional points in the story were 12.7 mm rounds were referred to as 12 mm if thats what you're asking

On a side note 12.7 rounds are a real thing... used by the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union in place of 50 cal and were actually a different size than traditional 50 cal bullets.
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 pm

I guess. It doesn't seem as much of an issue since caliber specification is more flavoring than necessary plot detail and it just seems to be abbreviation for the sake of convenience. To give a different example, every time she fires her carbine, she could list the caliber as 5.56 x 45 mm, but that seems a bit excessive.

Maybe I'm wrong on this. Whatever floats your boat.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

It just seemed odd to me, as in a previous line multiple calibers were all referred to by game accurate names but 12.7 mm seems to be getting the shaft recently... Shy  

Besides, 12.7 mm is a far more awesome sounding diameter than 12 mm. 
12 mm just doesn't roll off the tongue quite the same way Spike  
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Might be like the Mauser rounds. They're 7.92 millimeter but everyone calls it 8mm because it's a lot simpler to say.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:47 am

So I started chapter forty four on Sunday afternoon, and midway through find that there'd been a new one released! Obviously, some things take priority over others. But I can't shake the feeling that there was some serendipity in the timing, as I can't think of many chapters so far apart that were so closely linked.

Chapter Forty Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Four Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Four Editing:

Anyway, I forgot to mention this over the weekend, but there's yet more to show that ponies have always been carnivores: Rarity transmuted up some shrimp for the foals to eat at the party she . . . classed up. (Take that, Velvet!)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:08 am

Icy Shake wrote:So I started chapter forty four on Sunday afternoon, and midway through find that there'd been a new one released! Obviously, some things take priority over others. But I can't shake the feeling that there was some serendipity in the timing, as I can't think of many chapters so far apart that were so closely linked.

Chapter Forty Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Four Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Four Editing:

Anyway, I forgot to mention this over the weekend, but there's yet more to show that ponies have always been carnivores: Rarity transmuted up some shrimp for the foals to eat at the party she . . . classed up. (Take that, Velvet!)
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:second hyphen for dash, symmetrical spacing about dash?
I left off the symmetrical spacing since the dash ends the sentence.

Icy Shake wrote:a more unusual case that may depend on exactly how the line was delivered. A stutter probably works as-is, but if it's a halt-pause-full title, then "princess" might want to be capitalized.
Hm, yes, I think that it sounds better as it is.

Icy Shake wrote:symmetrical spacing about dash?
Here, again, I think that I'll leave it as it is.

Icy Shake wrote:You know, it seems like Black Pony Mountain is a rock that has the same effect on most ponies that everything that isn't a rock has on Maud.
:)

Icy Shake wrote:And that's the introduction of what? the second most hated/controversial character in the story after Goldenblood. From small beginnings . . .
Actually, now that you mention it, I'm pleasantly surprised that more people haven't complained about Sytgius making a return.

…Hey. I just realized something. At this point, his civilization is composed only of batponies. Who don't need a chalkboard to understand him. And, since he wasn't supposed to contact any other ponies and radhogs aren't known for their literacy… he had no legitimate reason to have it with him. He planned this. Not this specifically, of course, but he set out with the intention of making contact.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:09 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:…Hey.  I just realized something.  At this point, his civilization is composed only of batponies.  Who don't need a chalkboard to understand him.  And, since he wasn't supposed to contact any other ponies and radhogs aren't known for their literacy… he had no legitimate reason to have it with him.  He planned this.  Not this specifically, of course, but he set out with the intention of making contact.
...uh, what?
I mean, he used his magic to escape his people so he could find some tail that wasn't his sister's. Of course he wanted to make contact. Repeatedly.
I don't know when he would have picked up the chalkboard, to be honest. Was it at Goldenblood's house? The guy was a teacher, after all. Her didn't have it when he was first attempting to talk to Blackjack.
Oh, I must have missed that.  Why would he need to use his magic to escape, though?  I mean, he met Blackjack while on a legitimate hunting trip, even if he had an ulterior motive.
However, in return, he certainly did have his chalkboard with him:
Somber wrote:He stood and trotted to his armor, then pulled out a chalkboard and a piece of chalk.  He popped the latter into his mouth and wrote ‘Yes’.  Just like Ditzy Doo, as I recalled.  Okay, so we had communication… sort of.  He erased the board with the tip of his wing and then wrote ‘Stygius’ and grinned as he tapped his chest with a hoof.  “Your name?” I asked, and he nodded once.
That's before even meeting Tenebra.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 am

O. Hinds wrote:Aye, I think Whisper is probably the only person in this chapter who's having more or less nothing but a good time.
It certainly seems that way, doesn't it?  Heh.  She has been through a lot, so I suppose she's earned a little happiness...  She does still deserve a trip through a wood chipper though, just one that has the blades replaced with feathers, or brushes, or something like that.

*hugs Somber very gently one more time*

Chapter 66 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am

swicked wrote:Random thought: the number of voices in Blackjack's head has reduced to 1. No Dealer, no six little ponies, no Goddess, no other goddess. Not even any Lacunae.
I wonder if she gets lonely?
I think Lucidity proved that Blackjack's perfectly capable of creating her own crazy.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Blades Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 am

Okay, so, I made an account here just to comment.  First and foremost, I love this fic, it's second only to the original Fallout Equestria.  That being said, I hated chapter 65!  The first half was fine, but the last half was so BAD!!!  But, chapter 66 made up for much of that.

The new chapter was fantastic.  I'd of loved to have seen Blackjack get her cutemark again after beating Steel Rain, but oh well.  It was so great finally seeing that bastard get what he deserved.

I loved the story book style of the start of the chapter and then the final switch back to BJ's return.  And the talk with Luna was so revealing and knock me on the floor surprising!

The only thing I'm still not okay with is The Dealer's betrayal!  It came out of left field and I'm not okay with it.  Maybe I thought him better than he was....I hope not and he has some grand plan going on.  But..yeah, not happy about that

Anyway, Somber, I love your story.  Blackjack has been an amazing character I relate to a great deal.  I have no idea how your fic is going to end, but I am along for the ride and will enjoy every minute of it.
Heart of Blades
Heart of Blades
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:17 am

https://youtu.be/SllRPRj4cUw?t=35s - this is pretty much my reaction to whenever a new chapter comes out ;p

https://youtu.be/xk_JQuvPo-Y?t=55s - and this could be rather well said about Blackjack, don't you agree?

Okay, now some follow up comments regarding the newest chapter::

Oh, and some newest theory I have:
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 am

Borsuq wrote:

I don't think that's a possibility. Blackjack killed her father long before she killed U-21.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronRed Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am

Borsuq wrote:

Not recent spoiler!:

Also, I'll do a real introduction later,  but until then 'Hi all!' and 'Thanks Somber for the amazing ride so far!'

Edit: Aww, curse you slow phone typing abilities.

Last edited by BaronRed on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo and ninjaed.)

BaronRed
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Wow, we are getting an influx of new users. Welcome one and all. Just be sure to leave your sanity by the door and keep your arms and legs inside the Crazy Train. Somber's the boss, and Hinds is the conductor. Swicked will arrive soon to check your tickets. Next stop is Dysfunction Junction. Oh and me? Well, don't worry about me too much. I'm totally not bumming a ride.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Ryx wrote:She does still deserve a trip through a wood chipper though, just one that has the blades replaced with feathers, or brushes, or something like that.
:D

Ryx wrote:"She was a beautiful Princess, for everyone told her so, and the sweetest Princess, for everyone proclaimed it." - How accurate a way to describe me as well...
…I don't really follow, sorry.

@Heart of Blades:
Welcome to the forum!

@BaronRed:
And the same to you!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:She does still deserve a trip through a wood chipper though, just one that has the blades replaced with feathers, or brushes, or something like that.
:D
Well I'm glad you got a smile out of that.  Maybe it'll happen, eventually.

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:"She was a beautiful Princess, for everyone told her so, and the sweetest Princess, for everyone proclaimed it." - How accurate a way to describe me as well...
…I don't really follow, sorry.
Ah... well basically Charm is saying how she is these things (that she clearly isn't) because everyone tells her she is...  They may not say I am beautiful, but I certainly hear it about my drawings all the time...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Ryx wrote:Ah... well basically Charm is saying how she is these things (that she clearly isn't) because everyone tells her she is... They may not say I am beautiful, but I certainly hear it about my drawings all the time...
Ah. Somber's still under the impression that his writing is horrible, you know…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkodus Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 pm

New user roll call? Alrighty then. What's up what's up. I have been lurking for awhile so just wanted to tell Somber that he is awesome. Loved the new chapter and I'm looking forward to what's next! Also editing team, you guys are fantastic thanks for all you guys do. ^_^
kingkodus
kingkodus
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Steam group thread. We're always looking for more people.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu May 01, 2014 6:56 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Steam group thread. We're always looking for more people.
Is that an invitation?
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 am

Sure. Steam games have been in a slump lately though. Get togethers have been small. L4D2 and TF2 and Cards have been the latest viable games. Moody and Ketchup's been in Payday 2, Adder in Civ and Dead Island, Aonee in SR4, Stone in World of Tanks, and I've been Warframing.

TS has been quiet as well.
~It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms, just watching the hours tick by.~
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu May 01, 2014 8:49 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Sure. Steam games have been in a slump lately though. Get togethers have been small. L4D2 and TF2 and Cards have been the latest viable games. Moody and Ketchup's been in Payday 2, Adder in Civ and Dead Island, Aonee in SR4, Stone in World of Tanks, and I've been Warframing.

TS has been quiet as well.
~It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms, just watching the hours tick by.~
I'd gladly play some Warframe, and I own most of those other games as well. I also know some good free to play games that aren't too taxing on a computer.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

Well, please do so on the Steam Games Thread.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 pm

kingkodus wrote:New user roll call? Alrighty then. What's up what's up. I have been lurking for awhile so just wanted to tell Somber that he is awesome. Loved the new chapter and I'm looking forward to what's next! Also editing team, you guys are fantastic thanks for all you guys do. ^_^
Welcome, and thank you. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic55514 Thu May 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Seeing as aparently a lot of people are making post and coming out of lurking... Hello I've been stalking ya'll for quite some time now but, I guess it's time to post at least something since I been able to enjoy somber's wonderful story for so long now

Last edited by Sonic55514 on Thu May 01, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sonic55514
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by SS117 Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Joining those coming out of lurking to say something nice, I want to say that I've greatly enjoyed the story and consider it one of my top favorite stories of all time.

Spoiler:
SS117
SS117
Blank Flank

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Sonic55514 wrote:Seeing as aparently a lot of people are making post and coming out of lurking... Hello I've been stalking ya'll for quite some time now but, I guess it's time to post at least something since I been able to enjoy somber's wonderful story for so long now

SS117 wrote:Joining those coming out of lurking to say something nice, I want to say that I've greatly enjoyed the story and consider it one of my top favorite stories of all time.
A welcome to both of you!  We certainly do seem to be getting a lot of new faces around here.

SS117 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ooh, interesting idea!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu May 01, 2014 8:51 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

SS117 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ooh, interesting idea!
Spoiler:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next