Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Mazoku Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 pm

I decided to post in this TH since the forum I usually post in is lagging behind when it comes to PH.

Spoiler:

Does anyone else think my suspicions are right and can dig up more quotes?

The amount of dots waiting to be conected is to large for me now since the story isnt fresh in my mind no more.

Mazoku
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 am

A chapter? Last night? Yeah, I saw it then, but with work in the morning . . . let's just say you gave me a specific reason to wish I had Columbus Day off.

Running Thoughts:
Editing matters:
Chapter Thoughts:
Thank you, thank you for this chapter. Congratulations, Swicked, on being made part of the brushing team; I'm sure you'll do a great job along with O. Hinds and Bronode (though if the tildes in "Sparkle-Cola" were you, you get 100 lashes with a wet noodle).

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation, Somber. I hope a CR/public debt limit increase goes through soon.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 am

*hugs Somber again*

Chapter 61 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:50 am

Mazoku wrote:I decided to post in this TH since the forum I usually post in is lagging behind when it comes to PH.

Spoiler:

The amount of dots waiting to be conected is to large for me now since the story isnt fresh in my mind no more.
Spoiler:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:16 am

Scienza wrote:
Mazoku wrote:I decided to post in this TH since the forum I usually post in is lagging behind when it comes to PH.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:37 am

Icy Shake wrote:A chapter? Last night? Yeah, I saw it then, but with work in the morning . . . let's just say you gave me a specific reason to wish I had Columbus Day off.

Running Thoughts:
Editing matters:
Chapter Thoughts:
Thank you, thank you for this chapter. Congratulations, Swicked, on being made part of the brushing team; I'm sure you'll do a great job along with O. Hinds and Bronode (though if the tildes in "Sparkle-Cola" were you, you get 100 lashes with a wet noodle).

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation, Somber. I hope a CR/public debt limit increase goes through soon.
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:though if the tildes in "Sparkle-Cola" were you, you get 100 lashes with a wet noodle
No, that was me; when checking to see how it was done, I discovered that FoE uses tildes.
…Oh. But apparently PH uses hyphens. I'll standardize to hyphens, then.

swicked wrote:So yeah, Hinds did that.

...in fact, I even remember questioning it. I believe he said that's how it had always been done, though.
Sorry! FoE uses tildes, PH uses hyphens, and I unfortunately checked the former and assumed. It's fixed now.

Icy Shake wrote:Only one space after the period.
I'm sorry, but you've left out what this connects to, and I've not been able to locate it on my own.

Icy Shake wrote:Until now, you have had these as two word names.
I noticed that, but I assumed that these were nicknames. Hm… Probably better to err on the side of caution, though.

Icy Shake wrote:"each other" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"
…Okay, the first bit I get, and I've made the correction. The second part… what?

Icy Shake wrote:You have never used the tilde for Sparkle-Cola. For the love of all that's holy, don't start now.
Sorry, again!

Icy Shake wrote:"to trust me"
No, sorry; she's speaking not just of trusting her but of trusting each other, too. Trusting in general, basically.

Icy Shake wrote:Who was eavesdropping?
Blackjack. That's how we were hearing that conversation.

WavemasterRyx wrote:*hugs Somber again*

Chapter 61 Commentary:
Ah, thank you.

Oh, by the way, your lint picture made me salute the wad of dust. I mean, I don't think that it was really as the picture depicts, but the idea of the dust standing guard for two centuries is still… not sure how to describe it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Me, approximately 1 month ago: "Could this story get any more awesome at this point?"

Why yes, month ago me. Yes it could. Almost 20% more, in fact.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazoku Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Spoiler:

Mazoku
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Mazoku wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Next time. I've set myself a reminder so that next time a new chapter is put up, I will take notes on it. Probably.

Spoiler:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:
Scienza wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
spoiler:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:15 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:
Scienza wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
spoiler:
Spoiler:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you.

Oh, by the way, your lint picture made me salute the wad of dust.  I mean, I don't think that it was really as the picture depicts, but the idea of the dust standing guard for two centuries is still… not sure how to describe it.
Oh don't worry at all, sir, I was under no illusions that it's what actually happened, it was just one of my silly, random, over-emotional ideas. And I happen to really like Sir Lint-Alot, so I just thought it would be nice to draw. I'm glad you like it still though.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:04 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Only one space after the period.
I'm sorry, but you've left out what this connects to, and I've not been able to locate it on my own.
It was probably this: Chicanery sighed. “I hope he does
Yeah, it probably didn't help that it was bracketed by the thing before it on the list and a different usage of "Babe," with the one after it in the list actually earlier in the chapter.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"each other" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"
…Okay, the first bit I get, and I've made the correction.  The second part… what?
Something Forumotion added, for some reason (and wasn't visible, I think, in the text entry box), and which I didn't notice in preview because it didn't stand out like the one right by the Youtube embed did.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:You have never used the tilde for Sparkle-Cola. For the love of all that's holy, don't start now.
Sorry, again!
Eh. I shouldn't have reacted so strongly (and it was partly in fun—as are most threats involving wet noodles), but it's just a weird bit of formatting from the original that bugs me. Also, there's my love affair with consistency (when there's no special reason to break it).

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"to trust me"
No, sorry; she's speaking not just of trusting her but of trusting each other, too.  Trusting in general, basically.
I thought that might have been the case, but applied too rigid an interpretation on the basis that they were clearly capable of trusting some, just not all, and crucially not the ones it would most behoove them to trust.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Who was eavesdropping?
Blackjack.  That's how we were hearing that conversation.
Wow. That was a bad one on my part. I missed that Blackjack had hung back, and thought the one who said it had left and reappeared when the line was said, not been there the whole time with Blackjack's knowledge.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by chinman Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 pm

So calling it now, my crazy fan theory is that the ultimate fate of Thunderhead depends entirely on whether or not Blackjack can prevent Lighthooves from channeling the Hoofington Core's energy into Thunderhead's defense systems.

On a related note, does anyone recall the scene (in chapter 20-30 I think) that describes what happened when the military tried to activate the Core shield on the day the bombs fell?  Yeah...
chinman
chinman
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazoku Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Spoiler:

Sry for the big spoilers. I rather have a big one than 800 small ones.

BTW one thing I almost forgot to mention. The final battle will probably be of epic proportions and there is a character ho has yet to come back:

Spoiler:

Mazoku
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Mazoku
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazoku Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Spoiler:

Mazoku
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Derpmind wrote:And, uh, even though Batman existed before, Batman: The Animated Series made Batman... Batman.
Huh?
I'll give a (virtual) muffin to whoever decodes my oblique statement first.

Mazoku wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Well, I mean, Batman certainly existed before TAS, but the show codified and defined the character for much of the generation that grew up with it, in addition to probably being the gold standard example to exemplify what Western small-screen children's animation could achieve. (Also, Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.)

But I was (not clearly, I suppose) inquiring regarding the context, or what brought you to say it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Icy Shake wrote:But I was (not clearly, I suppose) inquiring regarding the context, or what brought you to say it.
Uh, no. That's exactly what I thought you were asking me. And it's related to ch. 61 of PH.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Is it related to the memory orb, since that immediately preceded the Batman thing?
Otherwise, all I've got left is the similarities between Darkwing Duck and Batman, prompted by the
Spoiler:
with DWD serving as one of the closest things to Batman on TV from the end of Adam West and Superfriends Batman until the creation of the more serious Timm version, making the actual character of Batman be the "Batman" on TV (and match up more closely with the much darker, serious tone struck in the comics since at least the mid-eighties).
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 am

Icy Shake wrote:It was probably this: Chicanery sighed. “I hope he does
Yeah, it probably didn't help that it was bracketed by the thing before it on the list and a different usage of "Babe," with the one after it in the list actually earlier in the chapter.
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:Something Forumotion added, for some reason (and wasn't visible, I think, in the text entry box), and which I didn't notice in preview because it didn't stand out like the one right by the Youtube embed did.
Odd. Well, I compose most of my posts here in TextEdit anyway now.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am

I had thoughts on TVTropes and now I'm curious your thoughts to my thoughts.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13213768970A31636800&page=432#10798
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 am

Somber wrote:I had thoughts on TVTropes and now I'm curious your thoughts to my thoughts.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13213768970A31636800&page=432#10798
My thoughts: Keep it as it is, but don't do anything more with it. This keeps it vague as to what happens, and provides a nice plot hook for other authors.

Also, you typed Jetfire on TVtropes, but I think you meant Spitfire.  Unless you want to cross over with Transformers...
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:43 am

thanks.  sorry.  Somber is stupid.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:49 am

No, that's called an oops. Stupid is repeatedly asking if professors are available for a thesis defense on Friday, October 31st, being corrected that that's a Thursday, then doing it again anyway. Twice. I'm awesome.

Please, keep it. I love it the way it is. I think Technowolf has the right idea though, if you can keep it vague after this. I'd think that will do the trick.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:32 am

Personally, I'm glad you put RD in Project Horizons. My one complaint about Fallout Equestria was leaving Rainbow's fate unresolved (and Steelhooves unceremonious death) but I'm very glad you did what you did.

Changing topic slightly, I was just having a poke around TV Tropes sections of Project Horizons, where I've helped with the character section. In the Wild Mass Guessing page, it said Goldenblood likely survived his execution, which is shown in Chapter 55 via a photo. I realised reading the section that Goldenblood was executed by a green and purple dragon - aka Spike. And well know that Spike's dragon fire can transport stuff. So, either Goldenblood did die or he perhaps Spike transported him for safety (or unintentionally), saving his life.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm with Gidgit, I do like the use of Rainbow. Maybe it's a little convenient and sudden, but I do like that Rainbow gets some closure, as opposed to the utter lack of any in the original. Given how the original left her fate completely up to the imagination, Rainbow is pretty much the only one of the Mane 6 that you can do drastically new things with without conflicting with the original. Feel free to go wild.

The only question I have is why she didn't use the SPP to just make the Enclave go fwoosh, since the shield would have let her through.

Last edited by Scienza on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next