Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 am

And finished.

Other than what I said in my last post, I don't have too much else to say other than I enjoyed the chapter.

Well, other than you managed to set up and interesting scene for the next chapter.

And that ending again, hahahaha. Guess there's only room for so much awesome in one chapter. That or it was a certain jokes last hoorah hehehe.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:41 am

This chapter was balls to the walls insanity and I loved every word of it.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 am

61!

Quick thoughts!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:08 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:61!

Quick thoughts!

Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 am

Aaaaaaand I'm done reading it. Now to sleep to compose my thoughts.
Ch. 61 Initial Reactions Spoilers:

Quick question, does Pink Eyes fit into Project Horizons Canon? Especially with the eventual Sweetie Chronicles chapter?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:01 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Quick question, does Pink Eyes fit into Project Horizons Canon? Especially with the eventual Sweetie Chronicles chapter?
Well, it doesn't have to? What with each TSC chapter being set in a different universe.

Um... The "couple" in the AN isn't literally two, right?
Someone please reassure me.
I'm about to have a panic attack here due to my literary super-drug running out sooner then I thought it would.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 am

*hugs Somber gently*  I'm sorry the background check is keeping you from getting a job...  I really hope things will be okay... just try to take care of yourself, and please try not to give up.
Thank you for creating Project Horizons, sir, and for taking the time to devote to it even in the midst of such a hostile situation.  I wish I could show my appreciation more...

Thank you Hinds, Bronode, and swicked for your help and hard work in editing it.

This was an incredibly intense chapter... probably the only good thing to come out of today for me.
initial thoughts:

I'm sure there tons of other things I wanted to say, but my head feels like it's slowly melting again, so I'll just promise to have my full comments in as soon as I can, and wish you all goodnight.
Like that, yeah.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:17 am

Done reading. What can I say?

Blackjack is best Han Solo. :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:07 am

Chapter 61? Already?

I love you, Somber and assorted amazing magical editmen.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:52 am

One hour ago: Me - "Oooh, a new chapter. I wonder who Mare Do Well is."

Now: Me - "...Heeheehee..."

Spoiler:

In regards to Cognitum:
Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Fucking Somber and his plot twists. Jesus christ, fuck.
11/10 chapter.
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Valikdu wrote:Um... The "couple" in the AN isn't literally two, right?
Someone please reassure me.
I'm about to have a panic attack here due to my literary super-drug running out sooner then I thought it would.
No no no! Have no worries there. The plan is for rather more than two chapters, and you know how these things have tended to grow.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:
Spoiler:
I'd like to know the answer to the first question too. :)
I'm not sure what your second question means, though. "what's time"?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ISuckAtNaming Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey; posting some typos I noticed in chapter 61 here.

Spoiler:
ISuckAtNaming
ISuckAtNaming
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Snrub Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Nope.jpg
Mr. Snrub
Mr. Snrub
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : -3

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Strange how I'm not surprised that it showed up here. 

Still, no. Keep 4chan stuff on 4chan.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 pm

ISuckAtNaming wrote:Hey; posting some typos I noticed in chapter 61 here.

Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.

SuckAtNaming wrote:From context I think the "he" is P21, but Scotch is the current subject, so I believe it should say, "and P21" sighed... or perhaps it was simply meant to be "she".
No, actually, this is correct; while in general I have something of a dislike for gendered pronouns, this is one example of an instance where they're useful.  The pronoun uses the last valid antecedent, which is here, due to Scotch being female, P-21.

SuckAtNaming wrote:I suppose this should be get the hell out of Neighvarro, or just get the hell out of here?
No, this is an instance of Blackjack using "the Neighvarro" to mean "the Neighvarro pegasi".  She's done it before.

edit: Ah, finally got the tags in this post fixed.

Mr. Snrub wrote:<image>
…Why did you even bother to post that here, Mr. Snrub?  I mean, first criticism: the author of this post appears to have not actually read anything written by swicked.
…Is this actually some example of humor running into Poe's Law?  It is rather too ridiculous to take seriously.
(Though I do note that BTCOTAMIDFHA seems to have a relatively high opinion of Bronode, who is ordered to be f***** only for liking the story as opposed of the additional f****** which Somber and I are told to have or BTCOTAMIDFHA's apparent extreme hatred of swicked.  :))

Ah, and thank you, CamoBadger.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey, you know what they say: cunts will be cunts, and you shouldn't be surprised by it.

I had him pegged from day one, for the record.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm

What's with the Mr. Burns bloke?

I'm an idiot.
Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:What's with the Mr. Burns bloke?[/spoiler]
They posted some over-the-top 4chan hate, though I don't know why.  It was so ridiculous that I'm skeptical that anyone would take it seriously while at the same time being too hateful and uncreative to be effective humor.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ISuckAtNaming Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:22 pm

O. Hinds wrote:No, actually, this is correct; while in general I have something of a dislike for gendered pronouns, this is one example of an instance where they're useful.  The pronoun uses the last valid antecedent, which is here, due to Scotch being female, P-21.
Good to know. Albeit my native language, and regardless of me knowing the occasional big word, English really isn't my forte; or at least not in regards to knowing and following the proper rules of grammar. I'm much more accustomed to programming language grammar, where if you mess up, things don't compile and angry red error messages show up... but then again, that's kind of there in spell/grammar checker.

O. Hinds wrote:No, this is an instance of Blackjack using "the Neighvarro" to mean "the Neighvarro pegasi".  She's done it before.
Ah; you are correct sir. My bad; for some reason I just didn't process it that way. Anyway; I figured I might as well post these things now that I created an account.

As I'm new to this thread, I'd also just like to thank Somber and the editing team for making a great story that is far better than many things I have paid to read.
ISuckAtNaming
ISuckAtNaming
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Glad you're enjoying it.  :)

And, yeah, English is, to put it politely, rather complex where grammar is concerned.  I expect that I'd hate having to learn it if it wasn't my native language, and I'm constantly amazed by the quality of the English of various nonnative speakers.  I am, sadly, a monoglot; I did pretty well in my two semesters of Mandarin, but by now I think that I might be able to say "I don't speak much Mandarin" (Wo bu gong hen zhongwen). Probably sounds horribly mangled, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Ch. 61 Quote:

This quote seems all too appropriate given that this image popped up in the Fanart thread a few days ago.

Image:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 pm

O. Hinds wrote:I expect that I'd hate having to learn it if it wasn't my native language
*Shrug*
I can't say that I've ever put any grand efforts into learning it. Well, I did okay at the school and college courses, which were just the standard ones. After that, I've just... well, read things and listened to things, all for entertainment. I guess that, after a certain threshold, it just rubs off on you.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ISuckAtNaming Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Glad you're enjoying it.  :)

And, yeah, English is, to put it politely, rather complex where grammar is concerned.  I expect that I'd hate having to learn it if it wasn't my native language, and I'm constantly amazed by the quality of the English of various nonnative speakers.  I am, sadly, a monoglot; I did pretty well in my two semesters of Mandarin, but by now I think that I might be able to say "I don't speak much Mandarin" (Wo bu gong hen zhongwen).  Probably sounds horribly mangled, though.
Just in case you misread me, I am a native English speaker; which probably only makes me worse at it.Spike 

I took two semesters of Spanish in college and I can't really say I speak it either. I also sometimes rewrite work emails several times to try to simplify my language for the sake of non-native speakers; though I'm not sure they need it. They seem to have more trouble with spoken than written language. As a software developer, I work with a fair deal of Chinese and Indian immigrates... I really do not envy the task of them understanding me; especially because it's my understanding there's a preference towards teaching the British flavor of proper English in many schools, adding another layer of confusion no doubt given my locale; and I tend to use overly large words where smaller will do. I also tend to write really long sentences and pepper them with semicolons :). That said, they manage just fine... I really doubt I could if I were the one learning their languages.

Anyway; I am happy to help in some measure. I consider myself a pour critic because when I am reading, I want to just roll with the story and lose myself in it rather than question it.
ISuckAtNaming
ISuckAtNaming
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Relevant.

Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Scienza wrote:
Ch. 61 Quote:

This quote seems all too appropriate given that this image popped up in the Fanart thread a few days ago.

Image:
Appropriate?  It was inspired!
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Somber wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Ch. 61 Quote:

Image:
Appropriate?  It was inspired!
That's awesome. Though I wonder where the artist got the idea of Dictator Blackjack.

[/fangushing]
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next