Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:39 am

Kippershy wrote:
"Lancer: I WILL DESTROY THE MAIDEN
The radio said: No Lancer, you are the maiden.
And then Lancer was a R63.

Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 am

Kippershy wrote:If anyone wants to see Lancer screwing Blackjack, there's now a picture I can link you to.
It came up after anon suggested he wanted to see them fucking (as I've also said before) and someone else gave it a little paragraph that convinced the artist to do it.

Blackjack: YES, DESTROY THE MAIDEN, FUCKING DESTROY HER"
Lancer can't admit he loves destroying the maiden,
Blackjack can't help but admit she loves him destroying the maiden.
I am interest.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:18 pm

I am as well.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Killing Joke proposal: Lancer becomes a sexier alicorn version of BJ.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

I desire this link
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Derpmind wrote:Killing Joke proposal: Lancer becomes a sexier alicorn version of BJ.
This.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm

You guys are crazy, you know that? Crazy 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:00 pm

This is news?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 pm

RoboRed wrote:This is news?
I was about to say, I'm pretty sure none of us chose infinite sanity.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:If anyone wants to see Lancer screwing Blackjack, there's now a picture I can link you to.
It came up after anon suggested he wanted to see them fucking (as I've also said before) and someone else gave it a little paragraph that convinced the artist to do it.

The link, if you don't mind.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm

I am uncomfortable how much I kinda want this link.

Pm it to us so no rules are broken.

Derpmind wrote:Killing Joke proposal: Lancer becomes a sexier alicorn version of BJ.
Too funny to pass up. Do it.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Sorry, was busy drawing all day. I'll make the rounds now.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm

They look so angry! Not just angry sex it's like they are locked in battle fucking.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm

@Kipper
Hey, hey, hey, this I gotta see.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Eh...not bad...but not exactly great, either.

tylertoon2 wrote:They look so angry! Not just angry sex it's like they are locked in battle fucking.
lolzbattlesex
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Battlefucking would make an excellent prime time sports show.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

So where's this picture, then?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm curious about this picture now.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Well I guess I need to see this pic too cause everybody else has seen it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Either none of us have seen it, or there's a bunch of PMs flying around. If the latter, could someone please include me in the secret picture club?
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Sent.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:57 pm

XD they're so angry at each other! Fluttershy 
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:57 pm

ANGRYBATTLESEX
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 pm

D: What is this?  Can't you NSFW link it?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm

As much as Camo loves me, no, not allowed.
I'll PM you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Pooooooorn!!!

E: That's a pretty bitchin style!

Last edited by Caoimhe on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:I'm with you through the symbolism, and probably even the influence it likely had on Celestia's choice to take on Twilight as a student. But I just see it—at least primarily—as her getting a cutie mark about magic more generally, even if it, in conjunction with the magical outburst, led to her becoming the Bearer of Magic. After all, even taking the more expansive view of the meaning of the cutie mark, it would still indicate her as a strong candidate for it.
I get the sense that you might be resisting any prophetic implications because they could seem to reduce Twi's victory to a preordained certainty. Am I off base? If that's your concern, I don't think it does. She's still responsible for being who she is and making the choices she makes.
Well, it's kind of a mixture of things. Partly I suppose it might be that, but also I guess I don't feel the need for two intersecting prophesies about the return of Nightmare Moon. Perhaps illogically, it's also wound up with my negative feelings toward Princess Celestia, which have been growing since sometime in season two: if I look at the mark as prophetic, especially as a real self-fulfilling prophesy that strongly influenced how PC dealt with her sister's escape and Twilight's role therein, well, it reinforces my feeling that she's either not a very good princess because she's incompetent or that she's deceptive, manipulative, and willing to risk the lives of her subjects for no particularly good reason—repeatedly—and therefore not a very good princess—at any rate not for Equestria; and I don't want to feel this way about her, because it's hard for me to reconcile that with the larger feeling of the show and the nation, not to mention the positivity cast in her direction by her subjects and the feeling I get that the show tries to depict her otherwise.

Anyway, sorry for the outpouring of bile. There may be some other reasons, too, but whenever I get on a roll with the Celestia thing it kind of crowds everything else out of my mind.
Oh, and since everyone else has asked, may I have the link, too?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Icy Shake wrote:if I look at the mark as prophetic, especially as a real self-fulfilling prophesy that strongly influenced how PC dealt with her sister's escape and Twilight's role therein, well, it reinforces my feeling that she's either not a very good princess because she's incompetent or that she's deceptive, manipulative, and willing to risk the lives of her subjects for no particularly good reason—repeatedly—and therefore not a very good princess—at any rate not for Equestria; and I don't want to feel this way about her, because it's hard for me to reconcile that with the larger feeling of the show and the nation, not to mention the positivity cast in her direction by her subjects and the feeling I get that the show tries to depict her otherwise.
That was a really long sentence.

I don't really understand what you're getting at, though.

Princess Celestia knew that the prison would only last 1000 years.  (It's in the book of legends Twilight's reading, so obviously Celly knew it was going to happen.)  At that point she'd have to deal with Nightmare Moon again with the whole world in the balance, only this time the elements won't work for her*.  But, prophecy and destiny being what they are, a potential wielder has to show up sometime in the decades before that 1000th year.  So she's on the lookout, finding and training potential weilders.  And when she finds Twilight, she recognizes that this is her champion, and does what she can to prepare Twilight for the battle to come.

Is that deceptive and manipulative?  I dunno.  Maybe?  If it is, I don't see how that makes her a bad princess, or even wrong for doing it.  From CMChronicles, we know that before Celestia was even aware of Twilight, there was some kind of bond between her and the other five, so it's not like she pointed at a random kid and said, "You, you have to go fight Nightmare Moon."  And if Twilight had known what was going to happen, it wouldn't have worked, because (knowing Twilight) she'd be looking at friendship as a means to an end, and that's the wrong mindset; the elements wouldn't work for fake, manipulative friendship.  All Celestia could do was prepare her as best she could (by taking her as a protege and helping her master her Element) and hope things would work out.

Assuming Twilight's cutie mark made it clear to Celestia that she was the Chosen One destined to bear the Element of Magic, what did Celestia do that was incompetent, cruel, or unnecessarily risky?

* Headcanon: Princess Celestia used the Elements on Nightmare Moon, but in doing so she ended her ability to use them at all.  Maybe this is because one person was never meant to wield the full power of the six; or maybe it's because striking down her own sister was an act of unkindness and disloyalty, and she just isn't qualified to use them anymore.  (Alternatively she subconsciously feels that because of that act, she is not loyal; because she allowed the problems to grow between them, she was neither honest nor generous; and so on, and without those in her heart, she can't use the Elements.)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

RoboRed wrote:ANGRYBATTLESEX
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 “You,” the word echoed through the darkness once and then again.  Greythorn looked up from where she sat. There was nothing but darkness and the hungry eyes of vermin lining the bars atop the neighboring cell. “You,” it trailed back from one ear to another like nails against stone.  She stared across from her. A set of eyes lingered in the other cell, the darkness bending around him like smoke. He stepped close to his bars, a small light swaying from a crack not far from him. His face was ragged as was the rest of his body. From what she could tell, his hide was a hard rusty color that was lost with the bars.  He reached his hooves from the cell across from her and spoke again. “I know you.” Many ponies had passed her by when she lingered in the streets or near shops. Most paid her no heed, dismissing her as another beggar who would likely die the next morning. But there were few who frequented the Chapel that did stand in her memory. He was not one.  “Gods give you a good day, young mistress,” he said with a humble rasp.  Who are you? she thought, wanting nothing more than to have a friendly pony to talk to. Talk... she thought again with a terrible depression wrenching her heart.  “What sin has made you so quiet?” he asked. “Or are you just slow in the mind?”  Doesn’t matter, she thought, letting her head slide against the coarseness of the bars. Doesn’t matter at all anymore.  He gave a small cough and patted his hooves on the ground once. “One for yes,” he said, and clapped his hooves on the ground twice more. “Two for no
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 <a href=[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 George11

Thanks for the link haha.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:47 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:if I look at the mark as prophetic, especially as a real self-fulfilling prophesy that strongly influenced how PC dealt with her sister's escape and Twilight's role therein, well, it reinforces my feeling that she's either not a very good princess because she's incompetent or that she's deceptive, manipulative, and willing to risk the lives of her subjects for no particularly good reason—repeatedly—and therefore not a very good princess—at any rate not for Equestria; and I don't want to feel this way about her, because it's hard for me to reconcile that with the larger feeling of the show and the nation, not to mention the positivity cast in her direction by her subjects and the feeling I get that the show tries to depict her otherwise.
That was a really long sentence.
Confession time: after seeing the part up to the semicolon was nearly a hundred words, I decided to swap a full stop for a semicolon just because I could.

FeatherDust wrote:I don't really understand what you're getting at, though.

Princess Celestia knew that the prison would only last 1000 years.  (It's in the book of legends Twilight's reading, so obviously Celly knew it was going to happen.)  At that point she'd have to deal with Nightmare Moon again with the whole world in the balance, only this time the elements won't work for her*.  But, prophecy and destiny being what they are, a potential wielder has to show up sometime in the decades before that 1000th year.  So she's on the lookout, finding and training potential weilders.  And when she finds Twilight, she recognizes that this is her champion, and does what she can to prepare Twilight for the battle to come.

Is that deceptive and manipulative?  I dunno.  Maybe?  If it is, I don't see how that makes her a bad princess, or even wrong for doing it.  From CMChronicles, we know that before Celestia was even aware of Twilight, there was some kind of bond between her and the other five, so it's not like she pointed at a random kid and said, "You, you have to go fight Nightmare Moon."  And if Twilight had known what was going to happen, it wouldn't have worked, because (knowing Twilight) she'd be looking at friendship as a means to an end, and that's the wrong mindset; the elements wouldn't work for fake, manipulative friendship.  All Celestia could do was prepare her as best she could (by taking her as a protege and helping her master her Element) and hope things would work out.

Assuming Twilight's cutie mark made it clear to Celestia that she the Chosen One destined to bear the Element of Magic, what did Celestia do that was incompetent, cruel, or unnecessarily risky?

* Headcanon: Princess Celestia used the Elements on Nightmare Moon, but in doing so she ended her ability to use them at all.  Maybe this is because one person was never meant to wield the full power of the six; or maybe it's because striking down her own sister was an act of unkindness and disloyalty, and she just isn't qualified to use them anymore.  (Alternatively she subconsciously feels that because of that act, she is not loyal; because she allowed the problems to grow between them, she was neither honest nor generous; and so on, and without those in her heart, she can't use the Elements.)
Rant that is at best tangentially related to PH (all the long sentences are organic, though):

And I'm sorry to repeat the request, but could someone with the link please PM it to me?
[Edit: And thank you, TalixZero]
[Edit II: That's some good intensity in the faces, and I like how the shading interacts with the heavy, bold principal outlines.]

Last edited by Icy Shake on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next