Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Pretty sure he's just joking. He hasn't posted spoilers before despite knowing them.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Aonee Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 pm

What last said. Though I would love to start up the WMG engine on this one, it seems like an entertaining theory. Applebloom
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Not trolling.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:07 pm

I can totally get behind Boo being the actual Maiden. Mainly because Blackjack's reaction to that would be priceless. At least the whole "maiden" definition would make sense, since at this point with Lac gone that makes Boo the only virgin in the party. Maybe. Guess the jury is still out on Lancer in that regard...
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Killing Joked Lancer would be the the Maiden of the Stars.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Close, but I'd say KD'd Xanthe over him. Her deep, heartfelt terror and obvious belief strike me as better candidates than his mere antagonism and overblown obedience.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:39 pm

I was going with people in the active group. Xanthe isn't right now. Granted how much Lancer is really apart of the group is for debate until the next chapter because right now his options are stick with the group or enjoy free fall cause he's been kicked off the airship.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Fair enough.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:04 pm

thatguyvex wrote:I can totally get behind Boo being the actual Maiden. Mainly because Blackjack's reaction to that would be priceless. At least the whole "maiden" definition would make sense, since at this point with Lac gone that makes Boo the only virgin in the party. Maybe. Guess the jury is still out on Lancer in that regard...
Depends on your definition. The way BJ seems to mean it Scotch is still a virgin.

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Last wrote:Depends on your definition. The way BJ seems to mean it Scotch is still a virgin.

Stable 99 standards are probably a lot looser on the terms of what constitutes a virgin than most others. I got the impression that Scotch Tape had fooled around some with others around her age, though it was pretty ambiguous just how far any of that went. I think its safe to say though that Boo is probably more "maiden" material than Scotch Tape... unless Boo's been up to things off screen we're not privy too. 
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 pm

thatguyvex wrote:
Last wrote:Depends on your definition. The way BJ seems to mean it Scotch is still a virgin.
Stable 99 standards are probably a lot looser on the terms of what constitutes a virgin than most others. I got the impression that Scotch Tape had fooled around some with others around her age, though it was pretty ambiguous just how far any of that went. I think its safe to say though that Boo is probably more "maiden" material than Scotch Tape... unless Boo's been up to things off screen we're not privy too. 
Just to be clear BJ's definition is whether or not the hymen is intact. That's what she was telling Lancer to check for. I don't think that definition is exclusive to 99 though.

You're right about the fooling around. Scotch openly admitted to it. Glory was pretty shocked if I'm remembering right.

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Hm, I kind of find it odd that Stable 99 would define virginity by the hymen, given that sex between mares would be the norm for romantic relationships, and sex with males being the equivalent of using a sex toy. The way the place was set up it'd make sense of virginity was defined simply by whether or not you've "had sex" with someone, which I guess it'd be possible for sex between two mares to break the hymen's, depending on how... hoof intensive they got with it. Or use of toys. Unless you could break a hymen using only your tongue? Hmm, how much force per square inch is needed to... and how much force can a well exercised tongue generate...

...Why am I thinking about this!? Why
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Funnily enough I've heard of women breaking their own hymens. So yeah it doesn't really make any sense. *Shrug* But that's the way it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Man, I just got shown Logan's Run by my roomate and I was noticing huge parallels to Project Horizons and Fallout 3 in general.

Somber, I need to know: have you been familiarized with this media?

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Yes.  Amd by virgin, she means Scotch Tape hasn't been on the breeding queue yet.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 pm

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:Just to be clear BJ's definition is whether or not the hymen is intact. That's what she was telling Lancer to check for. I don't think that definition is exclusive to 99 though.
That annoyingly seems to be a lot of peoples' definition of virginity.
Awkward learning time!

Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Somber wrote:Yes.  Amd by virgin, she means Scotch Tape hasn't been on the breeding queue yet.
I wasn't aware BJ had ever claimed Scotch was a virgin. We were discussing group members eligible for maidenhood according to BJ. The whole deal where she told lancer to check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixie Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 pm

I guess I could agree with Boo being the maiden of the stars, but... I dunno. If I had to pick any of our party, I'd choose Glory. She was so innocent.

EDIT: totally didn't see the video above me

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 pm

grabbed this quickly from Wikipedia:

Though how the hymen actually behaves is really irrelevant. What matters is how the story portrays it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:09 am

Somber wrote:
Luminous Lead wrote:Watched Logan's Run?
Yes.
Hah, I knew it!  Stable 99 is full of the scariest parts of Logan's Run.  Population limits, mandatory retirement, terrible oversight willing to commandeer workers for non-sensical purposes.  And Blackjack is a runner along with the person she's asked for sex...  
But above all that, when I watched Logan find a pair of tombstones and wonder what "Beloved Husband" and "Beloved Wife" meant, I got flashbacks to Blackjack and P-21 finding the Apple Family Photograph.  
Blackjack wrote:Family.  They were family.  Not the mother-daughter dynamic of Stable 99, but a family.  I could vaguely remember hearing about the old ways in history class, but seeing an actual, happy family like that…

And then...
Blackjack wrote:But the two pictures that really threw me had the old mare next to a buck. That it was a buck didn’t shock me.

An old buck.  He was every bit as wrinkly and crooked as the mare.
Spoiler:

Oh man, all this is just making me appreciate PH all the more!

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:06 am

Last wrote:
Though how the hymen actually behaves is really irrelevant. What matters is how the story portrays it.
The thing is that it doesn't matter what the scientifically correct relationships between virginity, hymens, and maidens are.

What matters is what the prophecy meant by them. A prophecy given in a less enlightened era.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixie Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:15 am

I would imagine the prophecy defines maiden as virgin in the innocence sense. Virginity is often synonymous with purity, and well... Blackjack has her issues but I guess it's conceivable as she has a fairly pure heart. Lancer didn't seem phased by the hymen comment though, so it's clear the state of her genitalia, or the fact that she had a lot of sex isn't going to change his idea that she's the maiden, which would mean that it's nothing to do with sex.

That, or Lancer isn't entirely sure what the deal is with the prophecy, and is latching onto some idea that Blackjack is the Maiden of the Stars and won't let anything sway him, because his father told him. If so does that mean he doesn't really have that much independent thought? He knows she's had sex in the past, and she even nearly had sex with him.

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Given Somber's proclivity towards ska swing, can we expect this discussion to be accompanied by a link to music of Cherry Poppin Daddies?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:13 pm

That's the first reference to ska from someone else I've seen on the internet in like a year

This is making me so happy  Sweetie Belle
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I've got about 50 Bosstones shows under my belt and the checkered blouses to prove it. I know what's up! :D
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Somber wrote:"I hate you."
"Hate?  Really? I know a little something about hate..."

Trollestia 

Last wrote:So something's been bothering me. P-21 has substance abuse issues right?
There have been plenty of people who got addicted to medically-administered morphine without being generally prone to addiction. And given what Medical was doing to the stallions in 99, I would tend to put P-21 in that group.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixie Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:01 am

Out of curiosity, what pronouns does Somber use? I heard; the author is male but the writing persona is female, and either pronouns are acceptable?
GQ?

Last edited by Vixie on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 am

If I recall correct - Somber (the writer) is female, while David (the human) is male..though I think you can address either way.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 am

Hey guys/Somber, I'm trying to learn how to vector and so far I feel I've done okay.
My next step is to see if I can do backgrounds, locations and the like.
Anyone got any suggestions for something I could put together?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 am

Doing from scratch or vectoring?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next