Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:14 pm

@OAC

I think it will be more along lines of this AC/DC song.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 pm

But Katarn...

PUNS! Think of the puns! =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Nah, if they're handled bad, it's bad puns. And it's 'thunderstruck' and about artillery, not about actual thunder =P
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

And even more. that song that I've linked describes this whole BJ's crew altitude, I think, towards what they are doing.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 pm

True, Highway to Hell's a classic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:44 pm

I think it's an unanimous decision to go to Thunderhead.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

If you're close enough to a lighting strike to be considered Thunderstruck I don't think it matters what the song is about. Plus Thunderhead is a military base so it could fit in that way.

And arguably Highway to Hell covers just about every single road and path around Hoofington, let alone anywhere Blackjack decides to heads to.

I did some digging and confirmed what I knew but wasn't sure of. Tolstoy was paid by the page and was writing for serial installments rather then one huge book.

But that still doesn't mean PH should be cut short. Oh yeah, it has to end some day, but I'd rather Somber complete his vision than to cut it short. To the gamers out there, isn't it annoying when you get to what you feel is the half way point of a game and the next then you know the game is over?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Hmm, a multi-part arc focusing on a city that's part of my favorite FoE faction? Yes please. Seriously, the story is already past the Length Event Horizon, no point in trying to curb it or cut it short now. For those of us who like our epics to be of epic length this is all just more nummy story for us to enjoy. For those who don't like epics of epic length... well I doubt you got many folk like that still reading this, so why bother worrying about it?
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Somber wrote:Currently, I'm wrestling with a dilemma.  Part of me wants BJ to reach Thunderhead.  It will really give me a chance to show off Glory, explore a little with P-21 and Rampage, and get a little zebra involved as well.  However, another part of me wants to short cut to shadowbolt tower.  I'm not sure which would be better...  If I did go to Thunderhead, it would likely become a three parter.  Otherwise, I could just hurry things up and maybe get it done in one and a half.  Thoughts?
Well, in addition to what everyone else has said, I'd like to see Thunderhead.

SilentCarto wrote:"Pew-Pew" was hyphenated in the last chapter.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:You've given more focus on the Enclave in your story and if BJ and crew could justifiably go to Thunderhead it could prove very interesting.
I was just thinking about that earlier today. The alicorns and Enclave form the main ongoing threat toward Pip in FOE, but as such, we see them mostly as homogenous, large-scale threats, and Red Eye's slavers and what's left of the Zebra population are varying degrees of frienemies. PH inverts that, with BJ on relatively friendly terms (heh) with both the Unity through Lacunae and the Enclave via Glory, while BJ puts out a blanket threat against all slavers and the Zebra Remnant plays the prominent, monolithic endgame threat.

Katarn wrote:@OAC
I think it will be more along lines of this AC/DC song.
Now, now, I think we should save that one for the road to the Core.

swicked wrote:Littlepip: Blackjack! Hey, Blackjack! I finally found something I can beat you with!
Blackjack: Beat me with? Look, if you wanted something like that, there's a bat right over there.
Littlepip: ...what? No, no, I mean in our "who's survived through worse" thing.
Blackjack: Mmmk, let's hear it.
Littlepip: You know that balefire bomb that blew up the goddess? That was me! I was right there when it blew up, too!
Blackjack: Mmhmm, I know.
Littlepip: ...what?
Blackjack: Yeah. Good job with that safe room, too. All I could find was a rock to hide behind.
Littlepip: ...really.
Blackjack: I think I even died, again, too.
Littlepip: Right.
Blackjack: So, was that all, or...?
Littlepip: Oh, no, that's all. On a separate note... where did you say that bat was, again?
Hah! Unfortunately, Pip doesn't remember that conversation...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:59 pm

swicked wrote:Littlepip: Blackjack! Hey, Blackjack! I finally found something I can beat you with!
Blackjack: Beat me with? Look, if you wanted something like that, there's a bat right over there.
Littlepip: ...what? No, no, I mean in our "who's survived through worse" thing.
Blackjack: Mmmk, let's hear it.
Littlepip: You know that balefire bomb that blew up the goddess? That was me! I was right there when it blew up, too!
Blackjack: Mmhmm, I know.
Littlepip: ...what?
Blackjack: Yeah. Good job with that safe room, too. All I could find was a rock to hide behind.
Littlepip: ...really.
Blackjack: I think I even died, again, too.
Littlepip: Right.
Blackjack: So, was that all, or...?
Littlepip: Oh, no, that's all. On a separate note... where did you say that bat was, again?
This is great. I read it, and then read it again because it was entertaining the first time. It was also entertaining the second. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm

swicked wrote:Derpmind, did you see my post about how to find all the songs in Project Horizons?
I can't do so right now, but I could compile a list of all the ones currently used and linked tomorrow. I've already got most of the chapters downloaded as word documents.
Well, I had some free time to kill, and looking at the pages again I determined that finding all the youtube links would only take a few seconds per page, so I went manual through all of them. And then the website started crashing. :( Anyways, I have all the links now, so I'm gonna take a break and then do some organization on them.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

What I don't understand is how BJ had a moment of independence (threatening to kill herself) only to be suddenly under the all powerful control of the goddess moments later.

And

Thunderhead please, if it pleases the Somber.
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

That did seem odd, but between trying to kill Lacunae, having to undo what she did to Blackjack, and Little Pip arriving, there probably was a moment where the Goddess' hold was at it's weakest.

Plus all it would take is a twitch to pull the trigger, and while she couldn't hold her off for long Blackjack had been shown to resist some. At least enough to pull said trigger.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 pm

I meant finding the youtube links from the Fallout: Equestria Resource page, not the actual story and certainly not on Gdocs. So I guess we've been doing two separate things. (And the "Only take a few seconds" part must really have made no sense.)

Derp.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 pm

swicked wrote:
Derpmind wrote:I meant finding the youtube links from the Fallout: Equestria Resource page, not the actual story and certainly not on Gdocs. So I guess we've been doing two separate things. (And the "Only take a few seconds" part must really have made no sense.)

Derp.
Kay, still don't quite get what you're doing, but whatever, then.
My computer is now back to creating large files of semi-random information for no purpose beyond taking up all the free space on its hard drive.

I take some sort of strange pleasure of making it do pointless tasks just to wear it out. I imagine I picked it up from murky number 7.
Hah!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 pm

ARoundCorner wrote:What I don't understand is how BJ had a moment of independence (threatening to kill herself) only to be suddenly under the all powerful control of the goddess moments later.
As packed as Lacunae was, the Goddess could ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of either BJ or Lacunae, but not both at once. The bits she had to rip off to make BJ tractable pushed Lac over the edge. At least, that's how I rationalize it.

And for the folks who don't watch the art thread:
Nuclear Brohoof!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Couple editing things on ch 58.
Spoiler:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 am

FeatherDust wrote:Couple editing things on ch 58.
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.  I'm afraid that I don't really agree with the first or third ones, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:37 am

If folks care to be handy with a PDF, any chance folks can list all the zebra tribes I've mentioned so I don't horribly their names?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:10 am

Somber wrote:If folks care to be handy with a PDF, any chance folks can list all the zebra tribes I've mentioned so I don't horribly their names?
Off the top of my head:
Starkatteri
Propoli
Achu

Also, while checking the spelling of Propoli, I discovered a brief mention of Servi. I'm afraid that I don't recall whether the has or has not been a fifth, though; perhaps someone else here will be able to help there.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 am

Oh, and swicked, I've been busy and didn't have anything in particular to say in response to it, but I did enjoy your recently BJ/LP scene.  :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:10 am

Just a few comments on 58:

Spoiler:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 pm

I nominate this song for the Eater of Souls battle soundtrack:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:44 pm

RoboRed wrote:
I nominate this song for the Eater of Souls battle soundtrack:
On that note I'd like to nominate this for anything close to a climactic battle with Dawn:
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Didn't she get that kissed by discord perk at one point though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:18 pm

And? She recieved it so retroactively stronghooves was born into the universe.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Wild Wasteland allows expy characters, items, and pop-culture references to become apparent in New Vegas. Not to mention how much of it Fallout 2 had.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Somber, I have a question for you. Is the theme of identity something you deliberately built Project Horizons around, or is it just something that crept in because it interests you? Because practically every main character has issues that orbit that theme.

• Rampage, Lacunae, and Boo all introduce questions of identity and personhood by the sheer nature of their existence.
  • Blackjack struggles with the disconnect between what BJ, the mare, wants to do and what Security, the persona, should do. For that matter, in the past, she has tried hard to disconnect the security mare called Blackjack from the daughter called Go Fish. And going forward, she had to deal with her changing self-image as she mutated, lost parts of her body, and had them replaced with synthetics, with Deus looming as the worst-case outcome.
  • Glory's physical transformation into Rainbow Dash, obviously.
  • P-21 was never given an identity in 99 -- not even a name. He's been called "blue colt" and "P-1" through "P-20", and it was only after the story began that he took P-21 as his permanent name.
  • Twilight took on an alternate persona so she could be herself when her real identity became a facade she couldn't keep up 24/7.

And those are just the big ones. The theme shows up over and over -- Caprice concealing her identity from BJ, Echo taking on the appearance of Smiling Jack because he didn't like who he was, Deus shedding his given name after his Steelpony transformation. I know that "Who am I?" is, by some lights, the core question of any story, but that's more often faced in the sense of "What sort of person am I?", while Project Horizons seems to go out of its way to explore the question in a very literal sense.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HillBilly-Drew Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 pm

does anybody know were i can find the new chapter? i havnt read it yet and cant seem to find it. ..... please help.

HillBilly-Drew
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next