Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:00 pm

stringtheory wrote:just found this:
awesome image:

She didn't ask for this...
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Damn, that's badass. Now I'm picturing her digitigrade hocks are just pneumatic pistons and she goes "kachunk kachunk" when she get her trot on.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Vergil wrote:
awesome image:

hasn't that line appeared in the story? and if it hasn't it needs to
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Maybe/maybe not but she she did say her vision is augmented!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Maybe/maybe not but she she did say her vision is augmented!

The funny part is that's something pretty in character for BJ to say
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 pm

You guys seem slow to notice new fanart.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Ironmonger wrote:You guys seem slow to notice new fanart.

I prefer to say we "savor" new fanart
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm glad Somber mentioned minotaurs in the new chapter. FoE was starting to feel out of date to me.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 am

stringtheory wrote:
Vergil wrote:
awesome image:

I don't think it has. But there was the one about her vision being augmented [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3796487374
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:14 am

Valikdu wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Vergil wrote:
awesome image:

I don't think it has. But there was the one about her vision being augmented [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3796487374
Back in meatlocker we got the Deus Ex "My vision is augmented" line, we all had a good laugh.
Not much discussion going on today, barely a page worth, so odd from the nine pages that instantly appear some days.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am

FeatherDust wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.
Not really true. A trickster who does anything they want because they think it's funny comes off as cruel, since they're causing pain for no purpose other than their own amusement, while a noble trickster uses his powers to teach lessons to others and fix unfairness (like Robin Hood, for example). A merely mocking trickster may only be mildly cruel rather than outright evil, but more often it's one or the other. Anyway, I'm not gonna get into an argument over whether or not D&D alignments are full of crap.

In anime, a squint-eyed character is still usually either good and uses a playful exterior to hide their true feelings (like Chichiri, for example), or is actually evil and putting up an affable front (like Ichimaru Gin). And when they open their eyes, that's when things have just gotten serious, because they've put aside the mask and are about to reveal their true feelings (whether kind or bloodthirsty) -- and, I should mention, they usually become abruptly badass as that point.

that is where you are wrong, Gin was actually working as a double agent to watch aizen, even almost manages to kill him were it not for the hyogoku...

You must be far too fixated on good and evil as a single point of perspective. It is good to sacrifice your firstborn because your god commanded it. it is evil to take concubines,

its all a matter of perspective, to a trickster, its not always the laugh that they are after, its not always funny, its always about pulling those invisible strings to manipulate, buy killing seven warriors and mounting their heads on spears and presenting them to a force of over 200 after they have been drenched by torrential rainfall... they become so riled up that they neven notice when the trickster send an electrical current throught the entire group incapacitating the great majority and killing a few. when they recover all they know is this warrior whom they believe to be a ghost, or a mighty warrior bested so many of them. the trickster wages war on the mind, not with the body. they guide with riddles and words of truth or deception keeping secrets, everything is a game, but it is not all a laugh for them. A trickster is out for their own ends, it may benefit them, it may not benefit them. Hermes was a trickster god, but was not evil, he had his fun and pranks, , Loke was the more malicious and covetous of Gods, Same could be thought of Set god of Chaos and evil in egypt. The ultimate evil was that which opposed te natural order, the order of the gods, or that of society. tricksters walk the line of the natural order of law and lawlessness all to meet their own ends, be it because they desired it to spit in the face of higher powers, or because they truly intend to free a town of parasites. Perhaps they are fueld by rage and erase something from existence? Tricksters are clever, but cannot truly be classified as something as predictable as good or evil.

Also i had a thought, In anchient egypt, The sun Ra Ruled the Day and Apophis Ruled the night. To keep the order, Ra's boat would traverse the egyptian afterlife battling the evils of apophis and his demons. During that time the moon would watch over the sky. and the moon was what allowed Geb and Nut 5 extra days to be together giving birth to Horus, Isis, Set, Osiris, and (The god of the Nile Nehkt or something). the moon would oversee time. So perhaps another unexplored domain of Luna's is time.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:22 am

@Admiral
At this point I give up trying to explain Bleach. Methinks a lot of the stuff is just made up as they go along. Like the most recent arc: SUDDENLY quincies. SUDDENLY Soul Society is getting wrecked. SUDDENLY Commander pops up and pwns all of them. BUT WAIT, the enemy boss was a clone. SUDDENLY Commander is dead. Then the hero shows up.
No foreshadowing whatsoever that's what bothers me. Same thing with Naruto. One Piece is the only one of the big three that seems still interesting to me.

Eh tricksters have a bad rep because it's seen as dishonest. Of course in this day and age any possible advantage is usually taken in a fight. No such thing as honorable fights anymore. Especially since not everyone is physically capable of being fair. *rambles*

Anyways. HEY SWICKED! WISH GRANTED! SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 am

just found this: Why Fallout: Equestria is Worth Reading Even if You Hate it is extremely interested, if a little favorably biased while the comments are more balanced
discuss, I'm going to bed
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Admiral
At this point I give up trying to explain Bleach. Methinks a lot of the stuff is just made up as they go along. Like the most recent arc: SUDDENLY quincies. SUDDENLY Soul Society is getting wrecked. SUDDENLY Commander pops up and pwns all of them. BUT WAIT, the enemy boss was a clone. SUDDENLY Commander is dead. Then the hero shows up.
No foreshadowing whatsoever that's what bothers me. Same thing with Naruto. One Piece is the only one of the big three that seems still interesting to me.

Eh tricksters have a bad rep because it's seen as dishonest. Of course in this day and age any possible advantage is usually taken in a fight. No such thing as honorable fights anymore. Especially since not everyone is physically capable of being fair. *rambles*

are you talking about the manga or the anime because the anime is jacked up on filler
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Admiral

are you talking about the manga or the anime because the anime is jacked up on filler

Manga, no time to watch. Also, your avatar is now a purple Chikorita. O.o
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 am

its twilight shaking her tail...

2 min later it is dash's tail
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 am

@Stringtheory's link

Stupid people like action and sex
Objection! BULLSHIT! Roid Rage
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Tumblr_m2onls6cym1rpyclmo1_500

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:45 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:its twilight shaking her tail...

2 min later it is dash's tail

Nope, now seeing a blue Chikorita. XD
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 am

the avatarless one does this on purpose
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 am

So you stuck a fork in it and now you're done?

While trying to find a picture of Blackjack posing with the EoS Sword, I stumbled across this. Apparently he is an OC made completely separate from FO:E. The similarities make me laugh. Anyways I'm still trying to find the pic. Dropping this off:
Spoiler:
Edit: Found the picture. It was by Fore-Trekker: Reaper.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OBS.GS.§S Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:So you stuck a fork in it and now you're done?

While trying to find a picture of Blackjack posing with the EoS Sword, I stumbled across this. Apparently he is an OC made completely separate from FO:E. The similarities make me laugh. Anyways I'm still trying to find the pic. Dropping this off:
Spoiler:
Edit: Found the picture. It was by Fore-Trekker: Reaper.

BURN BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!!

Edit: After putting the fire in my eyes out by running them under water for a few minutes, I managed to find this for you:
Spoiler:
Hopefully this helps?
_________

Btw,
Spoiler:
OBS.GS.§S
OBS.GS.§S
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Character List:
Name: Flashpoint
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 am

Chapter 51 Commentary, Part 2:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 am

OBS.GS.§S wrote:Edit: After putting the fire in my eyes out by running them under water for a few minutes, I managed to find this for you:
Spoiler:
Hopefully this helps?
Why does this picture instantly make me think of Kingdom Hearts..?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:47 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:You must be far too fixated on good and evil as a single point of perspective. It is good to sacrifice your firstborn because your god commanded it. it is evil to take concubines, its all a matter of perspective, to a trickster, its not always the laugh that they are after, its not always funny, its always about pulling those invisible strings to manipulate
I'm not going to have an argument about good versus evil. I'm not. I'm not. Applebloom

All I will say is that in the work a Trickster is presented in, they are presented as either cruel or noble, if that terminology makes it easier for you to swallow than "evil or good".

Whether he has a higher purpose or not, Gin is a cruel person. He has no problem with murdering innocents to achieve his goal. No matter how laudable or important that goal may be, he's at best an antihero, and more likely he's just a villain who happens to have goals that coincide with the heroes'. (And yes, Bleach is pulling crap out of its ass so I'm not really concerned with what retcons get thrown in two hundred chapters down the line to try to change his character from "evil" to merely "The Unfettered".)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

Not to go off topic (But to totally go off topic) Gin is not a trickster in the traditional sense. He's got the "you can't tell what's going on in his head" look, but he's not a classic trickster. He's first four appearances the closest he gets is mischievous at best. His "tricks" consist largely of stabbing people with his extending sword. Not exactly top notch on the prank scale.

Also the Gin ass pull is an ass pull because if Mr Snake had wanted to kill Aizen, he literally could have done it any day for years until Aizen got the magical whatisit and even then when Aizen was chilling in the Hueco Mundo he could have killed him at any time up and he never did. That's joining the mafia to take down the mob boss then waiting until the mob boss is diagnosed with terminal cancer to shoot him.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am

Found this and felt like sharing it. This is the Mondragon rifle, the world's first automatic rifle designed in 1908 by General Manuel Mondragon, badass last name. Despite the design's age I think the rifle has very sexy lines. EDIT: 666 posts. Call a fucking exorcist ponies!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Mondragonpic

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

FeatherDust wrote:
OBS.GS.§S wrote:Edit: After putting the fire in my eyes out by running them under water for a few minutes, I managed to find this for you:
Spoiler:
Hopefully this helps?
Why does this picture instantly make me think of Kingdom Hearts..?

The chains? And the dark theme of the costume?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 am

That is a sexy rifle, actually. It's got nice, blocky "I was stamped out of sheet steel" lines and gorgeous wood furniture to boot. And is that a drum clip I see?

Unrelated note:

Spoiler:

Other unrelated note:

Spoiler:

Third and final unrelated note:

I know I haven't been posting much lately. Life started kicking my ass again. School and work and a fun little relapse into good old clinical depression on top of the usual dysthymia. I don't know if my input is ever really valuable, but I do like following you guys' conversations, so I'll try to contribute more.

Last edited by Quotidian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a whole sentence.)
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 am

Speaking of Masons, I actually have a lot in my family. Can't say anything more than that. *secret agent style go!*
Used to be a group of Masons before the modern ones that gave them a bad name. None of the myths you hear are true.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 am

AUGH. Well, my ISP finally did a DNS clear or... something... as of five minutes or so ago, so I'm back online!

And I missed all the chapter talk. :( Well, anyway, I'm back, and theoretically anyone else who got screwed over by the forumotion thing should be trickling back in sooner or later if they're still checking, once things normalize. Blech. Very annoying process over the past few days, trying and failing to get this working. Good to be back. Sad to have missed stuff. Missed you lot. :( Gonna read chapter, review, answer e-mails tonight.

Let's see... anyone watched the first episode of American Horror Story's second season? From what I saw, I'm cautiously optimistic - the pacing was insane, but if they can pull it off, this could be a very memorable season. And I'm liking the possible aliens - "close encounters" are part of Americana that could do with some exploration in the show's style, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next