Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 am

Sindri wrote:And of course the big question... If the Harbingers are led by a mare so sweet and pacifistic that she abandoned Red Eye’s glorious (and likely to actually succeed and accomplish things) cause because he caused suffering, and she’s working for a kind and benevolent goddess... why have the Harbingers been spending the last week or two murdering the hell out of people to drag Blackjack’s leg back? I’m sorry Dusk, but you are lying, negligent, or stupid.

Derp. So yes, Cognitum is the one in Flash. Meaning she’s crazy, obsessed, and does not give a fuck about the little ponies who get in her way. And Dawn is lying or stupid, because mere negligence doesn’t fit anymore.
Dawn was a good pony before she died in the tunnels. She wouldn't condone Redeye's methods and so on. She's been twisted since she came back cyber, though. Either Cognitum has been tweaking her thought patterns, or she's just been broken so thoroughly that her ideals are getting sloppy around the edges. She's trying to cling to a core ideal while her morals are disintegrating, and that puts her right in the same bucket with Redeye.

And that said, I'm sure Cognitum doesn't show her craziest side to Dawn. The fact that Dawn brought up Flash Industries so blithely means she's unaware of how Coggie acted after the threat was over -- trying to pull off BJ's leg and all. It reads like Dawn was told Cognitum's side of the story, edited to paint Cognitum as saving and protecting BJ and glossing over the whole attempted murder thing.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 am

I'm too sleepy to make conspiracy theories, but take a look at this. Ironically enough, "cognitum" is latin for "known." Interesting question: why is this AI-thing named in zebra? Interesting note: the Professor has been noted to probably know more than she has said - perhaps she knows something about Cognitum; both are clearly well-versed in cyberpony tech, and the Professor also went into the Core/tunnels around the Core and came back, more or less alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I'm too sleepy to make conspiracy theories, but take a look at this. Ironically enough, "cognitum" is latin for "known." Interesting question: why is this AI-thing named in zebra? Interesting note: the Professor has been noted to probably know more than she has said - perhaps she knows something about Cognitum; both are clearly well-versed in cyberpony tech, and the Professor also went into the Core/tunnels around the Core and came back, more or less alive.
You know, it's just occurred to me: when I asked Somber about this while we were working, he didn't answer. I assumed that the question had just gotten lost in the clutter, but...

Then again, Stygius's sister's name is Latin too, and apparently that doesn't mean anything. The batponies at least used Greek, though... The problem is that I have no idea why Cognitum would be related to the Zebras.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Vergil wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
But if Luna was deposed or killed… why blow everything up? Some sort of vengeance? It couldn’t have worked as a deterrent because nopony knew about it.
You know, Featherdust's theory that Horizons would create a new Nightmare Moon seems more likely than ev-- OH FUCK I think I just figured out BJ's final form.

Well, uh...I'm jumping on this bandwagon right now.
Yessss. Come, my minions!

But yes, implicit in the idea was that BJ would get into the middle of it.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I'm too sleepy to make conspiracy theories, but take a look at this. Ironically enough, "cognitum" is latin for "known." Interesting question: why is this AI-thing named in zebra? Interesting note: the Professor has been noted to probably know more than she has said - perhaps she knows something about Cognitum; both are clearly well-versed in cyberpony tech, and the Professor also went into the Core/tunnels around the Core and came back, more or less alive.
You know, it's just occurred to me: when I asked Somber about this while we were working, he didn't answer. I assumed that the question had just gotten lost in the clutter, but...

Then again, Stygius's sister's name is Latin too, and apparently that doesn't mean anything. The batponies at least used Greek, though... The problem is that I have no idea why Cognitum would be related to the Zebras.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Horizon

No comment.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Horizon

No comment.
Well canonically in the mlp show there were going to be a failed moon colony, so it's possible there could be a military stable on their moon.

Also my money is on Cognitum not being a stable AI. If Cognitum was behaving rationally or such it wouldn't be having emotional attacks whenever she comes into contact with EC-1101 and blackjack. It may be behaving stable in front of the harbingers or be able to convince them to join her side, but as soon as it sees blackjack it goes out of it's mind level crazy.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm

CannonFodder wrote:Well canonically in the mlp show there were going to be a failed moon colony
Wait, what?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:Well canonically in the mlp show there were going to be a failed moon colony
Wait, what?
It was supposed to be a episode in season 3 of mlp:fim. There was supposed to be a episode that they travelled to Luna's failed moon colony.

So it would only stand to reason if they can go to the moon that long ago then of course they would try to install a stable on the moon in project horizons in case their planet got utterly destroyed.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm

CannonFodder wrote:It was supposed to be a episode in season 3 of mlp:fim. There was supposed to be a episode that they travelled to Luna's failed moon colony.
[citation needed]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Wait, what?
It was supposed to be a episode in season 3 of mlp:fim. There was supposed to be a episode that they travelled to Luna's failed moon colony.
I'm with Hinds here. Not that I disbelieve you per se, but where are you getting this? I keep up with the news pretty well and I've never heard of such a thing...
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Wait, what?
I'm with Hinds here. Not that I disbelieve you per se, but where are you getting this? I keep up with the news pretty well and I've never heard of such a thing...
At new york comic con during the panel part of the discussion was about Jayson wanted a episode about a griffon kingdom, whereas Meghan wanted to see luna's failed moon colony. But unfortunately it didn't fly(joke intended)
http://www.mlponies.com/2012/10/11/new-york-comic-con-panel-details/
You can watch the panel video on youtube or such.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Getting into epileptic tree territory here, but what if pre-balefire actually succeeded in a moon base, and that's where Goldenblood got stuck? (I'm still not buying that he actually got executed) EC-1101 could be being routed to a transmission base that has the capacity to transmit to outer space.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:Getting into epileptic tree territory here, but what if pre-balefire actually succeeded in a moon base, and that's where Goldenblood got stuck? (I'm still not buying that he actually got executed) EC-1101 could be being routed to a transmission base that has the capacity to transmit to outer space.
Doubt it. Nuclear explosions don't work the same way in space. There'd be a flash and a flash of radiation and nothing else. It'd need for there to be air for there to be a kaboom.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't see the link between nuclear explosions in space and Equestria's eventual success at establishing a (secret ?) moon colony.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Luminous Lead wrote:Getting into epileptic tree territory here, but what if pre-balefire actually succeeded in a moon base, and that's where Goldenblood got stuck? (I'm still not buying that he actually got executed) EC-1101 could be being routed to a transmission base that has the capacity to transmit to outer space.
Doubt it. Nuclear explosions don't work the same way in space. There'd be a flash and a flash of radiation and nothing else. It'd need for there to be air for there to be a kaboom.

Sorry, I meant "Pre-balefire equestria". As in, produced by equestria before all the shit hit the fan, rather than suggesting that construction of a sophisticated colony was enacted by explosions (that would be just silly). :D

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 pm

CannonFodder wrote:At new york comic con during the panel part of the discussion was about Jayson wanted a episode about a griffon kingdom, whereas Meghan wanted to see luna's failed moon colony. But unfortunately it didn't fly(joke intended)
To my knowledge that was in no way canonical or "going to be". It wasn't even pitched. Meghan just said, spur if the moment, that she would like to see that, and it was said in a joking manner. It was a response to somebody asking where each if them would like to see the show go outside of Equestria.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm

FeatherDust wrote:So, opinions:
Does Dawn still exist inside that cyber-monstrosity, or did the remainder of her brain get burned out along with the rest of her flesh? I'm thinking that last sad look that got consumed by the green light was Dawn dying...

Personally I'm guessing she's still inside, but her own will is mostly overridden. Cogs forced her to kill Sky Striker, her last connection to real people, so it's unlikely that the old Dawn will show through much in the future, but her flying off afterward instead of pushing her advantage implies that it wasn't a complete takeover yet.
Dramatic convention says she'll probably surface exactly once more, as she's dying, to give her last words to her daughter. The author being Somber says that any prediction I make without real evidence is probably wrong, so I'll make a better guess after she makes a few more appearances.

FeatherDust wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:At new york comic con during the panel part of the discussion was about Jayson wanted a episode about a griffon kingdom, whereas Meghan wanted to see luna's failed moon colony. But unfortunately it didn't fly(joke intended)
To my knowledge that was in no way canonical or "going to be". It wasn't even pitched. Meghan just said, spur if the moment, that she would like to see that, and it was said in a joking manner. It was a response to somebody asking where each if them would like to see the show go outside of Equestria.
Yeah... I don't see any way that could fit with what we've seen so far about the show's tech level, the nature of Luna's thousand years in the moon, or basically anything else. Pretty sure it was a joke based on insufficiently-thought-out fanarts and such.

IIRC, there was however a mention of a moon-base Stable (along with the undersea 'Rapture' Stable) a while ago... when Blackjack first met Applebot I think?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Sindri wrote:IIRC, there was however a mention of a moon-base Stable (along with the undersea 'Rapture' Stable) a while ago... when Blackjack first met Applebot I think?
I don't recall a moon base, unless the Luna I Astrostable was supposed to be on the moon -- but I don't think so; it seems like it was supposed to be a space station.

Chapter 19 wrote:Over the workstations were more stable designs flickering and rotating silently on their screens. ‘Rapture Hydrostable’ resembled dozens of bubbles. Was it supposed to go underwater? ‘Sea Star Hydrostable’ looked more like some sort of floating island. ‘Celestia I Astrostable’ had rotating wheels like a wagon and long sweeping wings while the ‘Luna I Astrostable’ didn’t appear much different from the big Stable Two. ‘Big Macintosh Megastable’ was positively huge, looking as if it’d been designed to hold thousands instead of hundreds. ‘Scootaloo Aerostable’ seemed more designed for cloud dwellers, while the ‘Pinkie Pie Aerostable’ hung from huge balloons! There were other designs that seemed even less concrete.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Sindri wrote:IIRC, there was however a mention of a moon-base Stable (along with the undersea 'Rapture' Stable) a while ago... when Blackjack first met Applebot I think?
I don't recall a moon base, unless the Luna I Astrostable was supposed to be on the moon -- but I don't think so; it seems like it was supposed to be a space station.

Chapter 19 wrote:Over the workstations were more stable designs flickering and rotating silently on their screens. ‘Rapture Hydrostable’ resembled dozens of bubbles. Was it supposed to go underwater? ‘Sea Star Hydrostable’ looked more like some sort of floating island. ‘Celestia I Astrostable’ had rotating wheels like a wagon and long sweeping wings while the ‘Luna I Astrostable’ didn’t appear much different from the big Stable Two. ‘Big Macintosh Megastable’ was positively huge, looking as if it’d been designed to hold thousands instead of hundreds. ‘Scootaloo Aerostable’ seemed more designed for cloud dwellers, while the ‘Pinkie Pie Aerostable’ hung from huge balloons! There were other designs that seemed even less concrete.
It would make sense a Luna stable would be sent bang zoom straight to the moon.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:I don't recall a moon base, unless the Luna I Astrostable was supposed to be on the moon -- but I don't think so; it seems like it was supposed to be a space station.

I don't know, it sounds to me like the Luna I was intended as a subsurface lunar colony, complete with a greenhouse.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I don't know, it sounds to me like the Luna I was intended as a subsurface lunar colony, complete with a greenhouse.
It would make sense why Luna was so angry with Goldenblood. Luna was obsessed that she could win the war and would have thrown the cmc in prison in a heartbeat for their work on stables if they were part of the government, the idea that Goldenblood actually thought she would lose the war would be downright blasphemy to her. Sure with gardens of equestria he could just walk it off as, "well the zebras are crazy and will probably try megaspells" and say it's just a counter to stop the zebras, but working on government funded stables would be outright saying, "NO I do not think we can win this war".
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

CannonFodder wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:I don't know, it sounds to me like the Luna I was intended as a subsurface lunar colony, complete with a greenhouse.
It would make sense why Luna was so angry with Goldenblood. Luna was obsessed that she could win the war and would have thrown the cmc in prison in a heartbeat for their work on stables if they were part of the government, the idea that Goldenblood actually thought she would lose the war would be downright blasphemy to her. Sure with gardens of equestria he could just walk it off as, "well the zebras are crazy and will probably try megaspells" and say it's just a counter to stop the zebras, but working on government funded stables would be outright saying, "NO I do not think we can win this war".
not even as a contingency plan?... jeez, we need more exposure to Luna, just to see how convinced in winning she was
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

stringtheory wrote:not even as a contingency plan?... jeez, we need more exposure to Luna, just to see how convinced in winning she was
Think about is as cold war usa during the redscare. Imagine what would have physically happened to you if you even so much as questioned the usa's ability to win a nuclear war.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

CannonFodder wrote:
stringtheory wrote:not even as a contingency plan?... jeez, we need more exposure to Luna, just to see how convinced in winning she was
Think about is as cold war usa during the redscare. Imagine what would have physically happened to you if you even so much as questioned the usa's ability to win a nuclear war.
good point, you would've been blacklisted as a communist sympathizer, thereby ruining your life. but really, at the highest levels of government? That's where you're supposed to look at things rationally...guess not
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am

stringtheory wrote:good point, you would've been blacklisted as a communist sympathizer, thereby ruining your life. but really, at the highest levels of government? That's where you're supposed to look at things rationally...guess not
When was the last time a hegemony ever acted rationally?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:37 am

CannonFodder wrote:It would make sense why Luna was so angry with Goldenblood. Luna was obsessed that she could win the war and would have thrown the cmc in prison in a heartbeat for their work on stables if they were part of the government.
I disagree. She might not have liked it, but she wouldn't react like that. Whatever Horizons was, the reaction it caused was one of horror, not just anger. Not just "that's terrible and wrong and I don't like it", but "That is so wrong that I can't even let you live." That's why I think it's the Nightmare Moon protocol or something of that nature -- not just hideously dangerous, but personally horrific to Luna, in particular.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 am

CannonFodder wrote:

Recalling the "missile gap" scare, it would put you in great company, including a sitting US senator and future POTUS, or before that (during the "bomber gap" times) the USAF, which operated on the principle that air defense was a waste of resources because "the bomber will always get through"; in fact, you were more likely to be targeted for saying that things were fine, undermining support for further investment.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am

swicked wrote:Someone check my logic here:
1. Glory said said she thinks she may have "wet" (they were in the rain, so they were all wet to a degree) herself while fighting the harbingers.
2. She fought them by flying around above their heads, shooting while doing tricks to dodge their fire.
3. Ponies don't wear pants or underwear, and Glory is no exception.

Does this, or does this not, mean that she likely "wet" far more people than just herself? XP
"Wait. . . that's not rain!"
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 am

swicked wrote:Someone check my logic here:
1. Glory said said she thinks she may have "wet" (they were in the rain, so they were all wet to a degree) herself while fighting the harbingers.
2. She fought them by flying around above their heads, shooting while doing tricks to dodge their fire.
3. Ponies don't wear pants or underwear, and Glory is no exception.

Does this, or does this not, mean that she likely "wet" far more people than just herself? XP
Well, I believe some armor types do actually come with pants, they're just not very often described or depicted.

Seriousness aside... this made me laugh for the first time in a week, thank you swicked.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 am

Just found this picture when searching <a href="http://calamityb31.deviantart.com/">this guy</a> so I could ask him for a commission. Haven't seen this picture posted before...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Mischievous_p21_by_calamityb31-d5k1yrx
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next