Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeah, a mix of physical sharpness and taint-induced magic is probably the cause.

My point was that in my opinion, as far as cutting alicorn shields go, the balance between incredible sharpness (incredible as in I can't believe it) and some kind of freaky taint-magic, I'm more ready to believe the cause is taint-magic.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 pm

"Glory, guess what ?"
"What ?"
Spoiler:

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm

But if Luna was deposed or killed… why blow everything up? Some sort of vengeance? It couldn’t have worked as a deterrent because nopony knew about it.
You know, Featherdust's theory that Horizons would create a new Nightmare Moon seems more likely than ev-- OH FUCK I think I just figured out BJ's final form.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

CannonFodder wrote:I wonder what the bumper sticker would say.
No bumper sticker, just a pair of truck nuts. Luna
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
But if Luna was deposed or killed… why blow everything up? Some sort of vengeance? It couldn’t have worked as a deterrent because nopony knew about it.
You know, Featherdust's theory that Horizons would create a new Nightmare Moon seems more likely than ev-- OH FUCK I think I just figured out BJ's final form.

Well, uh...I'm jumping on this bandwagon right now.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Well, I finally read the chapter last night. My god, it's so relieving to have all of that action going on again. And all the twists and turns and reveals...well done, Somber.

I'm with the idea that Dawn is really dead - that's just a construct of some sort taking her place. Also, that was freaky when it did the skin-ripping thing. I hope Sky survives.

Ironmonger wrote:How I imagine Deus. Snipehamster said the same thing. There was also some imagery of Fluffy Deus.
tanky:
Yeah, I envisioned something similar, but a lot closer to the Mammoth Tank from the Command & Conquer series. An amalgamation of all of them really, my mind can't settle on one design. But it doesn't matter which one, really, because let's face it, that thing is frightening. (and my god, do I love it. Sweetie Belle )
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Same
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Glory, guess what ?"
"What ?"
Spoiler:
Yeah, Glory is going to need a ton of help from blackjack. At least Blackjack isn't racist cause that will help Glory knowing that Blackjack loves her regardless.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I imagine Deus as the "interwar dream" tank.

It'd be large, not really efficient [everyone knows that a dual-barrled turret on a tank is a bad design choice, right?], but with lots of gunz pointing it all directions. Something like an Independent, but bigger and with more turrets, some of them with dual guns (including the main one).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Well, when I heard there was a Fallen Star in Hoofington sucking the life out of the area, and which would eat the life of the whole planet if it could,

and knowing that it turned a benevolent Princess into a monster fascinated by its own power,

I thought more of Lavos.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Chrono-trigger-but-the-future-refused-to-change-300x225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaSPXr2syLQ
Pretty much what I've been thinking, too. I'm not sure what would happen if the star took power, all I know is it would really, really not end well. Lavos is a good analogy for this.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Also, there's the whole "scream" thing going on.

Man, Lavos' scream is fucking blood-chilling, even coming from a 16-bit sound system like the SNES' one.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 pm

I never played Chrono Trigger on the SNES, only on NDS. But my god...that scream...the last thing you hear after the entire world is roasted and ravaged to bits...that's still very, very unnerving...

Bad end, man...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Heh, I just remembered...back in the days when I had just joined the PHCC community right before ch33, when I was still posting soundtracks for the chapters, I had "Ruined World" playing for the scene where BJ's mind was going through the bad-end scenario, where The Core rose, Glory mutated, Scotch got turned into a baby-maker, P-21 ruled and yada yada yada, and everything went horribly wrong.

It just fit.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah, it fits.

Also, I too didn't play it on the SNES but on the NDS.

Challenge (to answer in the chat thread 'cause this is getting off-topic) :

Find me a moment in the story where the following track would be appropriate => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Yeah, it fits.

Also, I too didn't play it on the SNES but on the NDS.

Challenge (to answer in the chat thread 'cause this is getting off-topic) :

Find me a moment in the story where the following track would be appropriate => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0
When BJ is riding that cleaning robot through the tunnels of the building where Taint was made.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Good question.

I can't recall anything specific, but it would work best in a "past" situation, like a memory or during one of the memory orbs. Given the setting of the song in the first place, possibly during some Ministry discussion or major company discussion.

This was also on my list of stuff to play, should the group ever venture above the clouds again.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

@ Camo : Good play on word. Does it fit with the atmosphere of that passage, though ? I don't remember.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
When BJ is riding that cleaning robot through the tunnels of the building where Taint was made.
That kinda works, too. Also, for any interim silent period where BJ was wandering around there with Boo.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 pm

@ Robo : in the Chat thread, I suggested that this tune may be appropriate to the scenes of festivities from the previous chapter. It's at the same time happy and sad. Bittersweet.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm

And a last one just to finish in beauty :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtwEpQe6w0
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Good play on word. Does it fit with the atmosphere of that passage, though ? I don't remember.
I don't know. But that's the scene I thought of when I heard that song. Probably because the tunnels were very well maintained by the robots to the point that they were in the same condition as before the war, kinda a piece of the past.
Also, like Robo said, her walking around with Boo in the tunnels.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Nah...song's a little too grandiose for the party in chapter 51.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And a last one just to finish in beauty :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtwEpQe6w0
That one 'might' have been good for Dawn's initial appearance.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Considering the final fate of Schala in that game, this may be totally appropriate.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Considering the final fate of Schala in that game, this may be totally appropriate.
Makes me wish I could have gotten into Crono Cross but that game was so @#$@#4 unattractive and the early game lost it for me all three times I tried to play it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:34 pm

On another note, during the part of Ch52 where BJ went to talk with Dawn, it mentioned that it was raining, and she was listening to Octavia.

I popped open www.rainymood.com and went to my collection of classical music to play this:

Mind-blowingly good.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Okay! Chapters. In. Review. For 52 – “Reunions”

Spoiler:

edit- spoilers!

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm

RoboRed wrote:On another note, during the part of Ch52 where BJ went to talk with Dawn, it mentioned that it was raining, and she was listening to Octavia.

I popped open www.rainymood.com and went to my collection of classical music to play this:

Mind-blowingly good.
Very nice, good work on that combo Robo
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm

I just remembered that Somber mentioned something related to intelligent tanks called "Bolos", IIRC, that could develop human attributes and even personalities and relationships. That is quite similar to Deus' current form, eh?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm

IIRC, I also remember him or someone else saying they really didn't like the concept of Bolos.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next