Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+27
MrMagma
CamoBadger
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
IncoherentOrange
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
WovenTales
Ketchup
Kippershy
OneMoreDaySK
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
FeatherDust
Caoimhe
Vergil
Ironmonger
Cptadder
RoboRed
Sindri
Frost
31 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Sindri wrote:Basically if she knew about the book, and didn't shy away at the first example of seriously Black magics, she could easily be wielding the full power of the Stars within months.
I'm now wondering who would win: the Eater of Souls or Nightmare Sparkle. Because those two would definitely fight for dominance eventually...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 pm

@Black book
I'm pretty sure that Rarity would give Twilight access to the book if Fluttershy died, BUT if you needed to have her not do so for plot reasons, I'd suggest making Rarity into a Gollum. Sure, the Black Book would want to get to Twilight, but if Rarity became crazily addicted/dependent on it and secreted it away, well... maybe. And her reasons might not even be selfish - she might know in her heart that the Book is corrupting her, and wants to limit the damage by keeping it to herself as she tries to become talented enough to bring back Fluttershy. But, failing that, yeah. She'd probably hand the Book over to Twilight, likely as a way of consoling her after the death and to say, "Look; we still can fix this!" And Twilight would jump at the opportunity, I bet. (Although, this would also depend on when Fluttershy died; you'd want Rarity enthralled as much as possible by the Book, so that rather than breaking down, she'd turn to It for the power to make things right)

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 pm

I'd pay money to see that battle.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 pm

swicked wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
swicked wrote:Just... Why is it that you think Rarity wouldn't give Twilight access to the book?
I don't think Twilight knows about the contents of the Black Book, I don't think Rarity would go to Twilight and suggest they commit the ultimate sin and attempt Pony Transmutation to bring Fluttershy back to life.
FO:E is not FMA
Bringing someone back from the dead might not be forbidden... just impossible.
The pony gods are mortal and fallible. There might not even be the concept of a sin... the idea of something fundamentally repulsive and horrible. These are the ponies of paradise, of eden, and they are still learning how to sin. The thought and act of necromancy might be upsetting, but i don't think its quite as horrifying a taboo as it is for the zebra, particularly for an intellectual like Twilight that focuses on possibilities, not consequences.
The reason I keep quoting FMA is the same reason I mention pet cemetery. There has never been any indication that a successful resurrection is possible from the Black Book. Further the indications are the Black Book is a sentient, malevolent artifact which exists to teach it's dread secrets. But does it even know this secret?

Remember Celestia read the book, but the most powerful thing she did was soul jarring herself. She did not become a Lich or resurrect Luna or any of the other dread powers I've seen people assuming the Black Book knows how to do. So along with the assumption that Rarity would ask Twilight to resurrect Twilight (Which I content would be out of character for Rarity). Even if the Black Book directly offered it up, hey Page 1 How to return Dead Pegasuses named Fluttershy back to life I don't think Rarity would go for it except as noted when she was most in the thrall of the book.

And even then while I agree with you crazy Twilight if she so chose would throw herself into bring back the dead with gusto I don't believe she would do it. I believe fundamentally at her core that Twilight is a good pony and there are lines she would not cross because she would not be able to meet Fluttershy's eyes if she did. She would be unable to make the sacrifices required of herself and others.

Because lets be blunt, if the Black Book DOES have a how to to bringing back the dead, I don't believe it will involve nutmeg, two hundred pounds of meat and a bit of Fluttershy mane to pull off. I'm guessing blood its the first and last ingredient and it requires it by the bucket.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 pm

RoboRed wrote:I'd pay money to see that battle.

They outlaw cock fighting so we invent eldritch abomination fighting.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't know how I didn't know of this until now.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

If this pseudo-clone army thing could be straightened out, you could just take all the malformed or failed subjects and have them fight it out gladiator-style
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

It's normal for phones and cell phones and stuff to get all disconnected during a storm, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

One thing I do want to remind everyone of (it just keeps jarring me every time it's mentioned, sorry), is that while recording a memory orb might happen quickly, I think—and please tell me if I'm wrong—that it's been mentioned several times that viewing one takes the same duration as the original event; in order to use them as a basis for implanting combat knowledge, that's another limitation that would need to be overcome, though it might fit into one of the previously established categories.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:It's normal for phones and cell phones and stuff to get all disconnected during a storm, right?
Pretty much. Solid wires get disconnected, the atmospheric effects screw with radio signals, towers might be damaged, and even if everything is still connected there are usually enough people trying to talk that the lines are all jammed.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Its simple really. Modifying the ponies to be geared for battle and unwavering loyalty and chain of command with conditioning for hate. Three year program for growth. Education and applied training. Oooo hidden facility time travel and secret army
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:28 pm

WovenTales wrote:One thing I do want to remind everyone of (it just keeps jarring me every time it's mentioned, sorry), is that while recording a memory orb might happen quickly, I think—and please tell me if I'm wrong—that it's been mentioned several times that viewing one takes the same duration as the original event; in order to use them as a basis for implanting combat knowledge, that's another limitation that would need to be overcome, though it might fit into one of the previously established categories.
Thank you for reminding me, yes removal of memories only takes a few minutes and it seems that editing is does while still poking around people's heads. So there is another problem (7) find a way to play memory orbs super fast.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

If this pseudo-clone army thing could be straightened out, you could just take all the malformed or failed subjects and have them fight it out gladiator-style

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Deadliest_warrior_slice
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39 pm

You'd probably also want to invest in a very good telescope to watch it with.

re resurrection:
What about when Blackjack died the second time? Granted, that's not a very clear case, but, while we don't know that she was all the way dead (and that pulling a soul out of the everafter isn't significantly more difficult than wrenching it away from the EoS), it is probably the closest thing we have.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
You'd probably also want to invest in a very good telescope to watch it with.

re resurrection:
What about when Blackjack died the second time? Granted, that's not a very clear case, but, while we don't know that she was all the way dead (and that pulling a soul out of the everafter isn't significantly more difficult than wrenching it away from the EoS), it is probably the closest thing we have.

Her soul was being torn away from her body, she was the victim of a shadow curse meant to tear her soul out and tear it up. Her body however was fine. Remember we see the same thing with Snips and Snails, they are souls bound to a form, just another soul jar in their own body. There is no creation of new life there only the transferal of it from one place to another. From one vessel to another vessel not direct recreation of the person involved.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Deadliest_warrior_slice

Like that, only it wouldn't be a bunch of frat boys pretending to be scientists.

It's be a bunch of sadistic sociopaths pretending to be.... Not that. Litteray anything else. In my experience, everything's all fine and dandy till you drop the teensy-tiny bomb that you're a sociopath.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

@Sindri
Thanks, I'm just a bit worried. Got through to everyone a few minutes after posting, though, so it's good for now (power came back on for a second, apparently; there was a huge fireball and lightning storm outside my family's house due to high power lines getting hit or something but it's kay now). Storm hasn't even hit in earnest yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Shoving canon (read: Kkat's thinking) aside for the moment, wouldn't it be possible that someone outside of Equestria developed some of the tech needed for cloning?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Sindri
Thanks, I'm just a bit worried. Got through to everyone a few minutes after posting, though, so it's good for now (power came back on for a second, apparently; there was a huge fireball and lightning storm outside my family's house due to high power lines getting hit or something but it's kay now). Storm hasn't even hit in earnest yet.
That's the nasty bit about this storm is that it's still two hours from making landfall and already a million people are without power and we are twelve hours away from the back half of the storm and it's steady wind. Already there is 50mph-60mph steady winds but once the storm hits that jumps to 70mph-80mph with 100 mph gusts.

Ironmonger wrote:Shoving canon (read: Kkat's thinking) aside for the
moment, wouldn't it be possible that someone outside of Equestria
developed some of the tech needed for cloning?
Necessity is the mother of invention, what need except a country at war would you need for large scale flash cloning? Even if it's regular cloning that type of cloning that is useful for flash cloning assembly line soldiers.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Shoving canon (read: Kkat's thinking) aside for the moment, wouldn't it be possible that someone outside of Equestria developed some of the tech needed for cloning?

If there were other nations (pony or not) they wouldn't have had the same technological leaps-and-bounds forward that Equestria got from the war. Any tech they had would have been sold or traded to them by Equestria
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Shoving canon (read: Kkat's thinking) aside for the moment, wouldn't it be possible that someone outside of Equestria developed some of the tech needed for cloning?
Literally anything is possible, and I don't just mean that from a weird quantum thingummy perspective. Since the entirety of the world upon which Equestria lies is not defined, there could be anything beyond the next hill, so to speak. Though fitting it into the world of FOE would require that this hill be a very, very long ways away from all the main players of the war, I expect, to avoid Frost's valid point about trading/selling of technology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Just offering another perspective. Keeping in mind what Frost said I imagine most similar pieces of equipment outside Equestria would be modified and/or improved versions, even outright copies...Now I'm starting to enjoy this discussion! Roid Rage

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't think so. What purpose would a country need to develop this tech if they weren't at war? Regular cloning would be fine if someone needed organic resources like blood or organs. Flash cloning an army of people needs specialized tech to be feasible. Given what world building there was a civilization with that level of tech would have been mentioned before. There hasn't been any mention of cloning outside of Flux since other people preferred robots. It would just end up being an ass pull.

*Edit*

On a side note, I have succeeded! I have enlarged my horn profile picture! Ghost!Twilight is best Twilight.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Cptadder wrote:
That's the nasty bit about this storm is that it's still two hours from making landfall and already a million people are without power and we are twelve hours away from the back half of the storm and it's steady wind. Already there is 50mph-60mph steady winds but once the storm hits that jumps to 70mph-80mph with 100 mph gusts.

Not too bad in DC yet though if you went by the headlines on weather.com you'd assume we were all dead at this point.

My parents live in Bel Air, MD though and apparently the eye is going to pass right over that area.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

That's what I'm saying. Most nations outside of Equestria, were there any, would have gotten tech through trade or, more likely, spying (wartime Equestria didn't trust other nations)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:I have enlarged my horn profile picture!
Tee hee
Ghost!Twilight is best Twilight.
It's fine, it will all be fine...
*Nuclear Launch Detected*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Valikdu wrote:*Nuclear Launch Detected*

ALERT: Your world is about to be molested by an intercontinental ballistic dong. Enjoy.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Just recently I started following a story about a Ghost in Equestria.

Right here

It's still early in the story, but I think it has potential
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Vergil wrote:
Cptadder wrote:

Not too bad in DC yet though if you went by the headlines on weather.com you'd assume we were all dead at this point.

My parents live in Bel Air, MD though and apparently the eye is going to pass right over that area.
It's getting windy up here, but that's apparently all we are going to get aside from a good drenching.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Windows were blown out across the street from me and no one's home. All their ish is getting totally soaked. This is intense!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next