Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks to Katarn:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 33 D0B3D0B8D184D0BAD0B8-assassin27s-cr_zps2dcdb5b2

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm

anyone going trick-or-treating? because if so watch this video:

personally I'm not because I'm a party pooper
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'm saying that getting killed pointlessly is the exact opposite of what would happen. They would employ tactics as well as you'd expect from guys who'd been doing it since childhood. They wouldn't need to by micromanaged, seeing as they'd all be educated in strategy and tactics such that you could simply give them an objective, they form their own plan and requisition their own materials. If they can calculate that they could wipe out a 200-man enemy group by throwing 35 suicide troops at it, they'd do so without hesitation. "Disposable" doesn't mean "walk at you like a fucking idiot, not even shooting back." It means "I don't care if they die so long as you do."
You're thinking of the clones as brainwashed people, completely loyal, willing to die, and knowing nothing but war. That's not what you'd get from what I've seen.

The blanks weren't willing to be sacrificed, they just had no concept of death or danger and thus would continue standing there while being eaten. You can program the clone troops to shoot back, but you can't instill in them the instinct for self-preservation that every real animal has. They could take cover and move carefully if ordered to, or under the specific circumstances they were programmed to do so, but they would still drop like flies on the battlefield, whether they've accomplished anything in doing so or not, because they have no will to live.
They would have the entire textbook of strategy and tactics instilled in them, yes. And thus under any textbook situation they would act in the way calculated to be optimal by the armchair generals back home. Now, find anyone who's been in combat and ask them how far that will get you. Ever hear the phrase "no plan survives contact with the enemy?" Because it's true, and the blanks would never properly adapt because they have all the perfect optimal training, but no creativity or flexibility.

They would be as bad or worse, tactically speaking, than autonomous robots. But without the advantages in armor, firepower, etc. that those robots would have, and without the option for someone intelligent to teleop them.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm

@Bots versus clones
14-20+ years of training (depends on when people can reach peak physical performance, something I'm not sure on) versus a day or two (maybe more, maybe much, much less) of data transfer - robots win the training fight by a landslide. Not to mention that they're sturdier, stronger, swifter, and scarier.

@Free candy
Nope, sadly. For one thing, I'm a mite too old; for another, this ain't precisely the sort of neighborhood one goes trick 'r treating in. We're gonna get a pumpkin and probably some candy or something for the kids, though, and hopefully I'll be able to convince my friend that caramel onions are a bad idea. =P

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=790

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33