Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:31 am

According to Somber, Ch. 50 should begin brushing tomorrow. Also she called it terrible, and in my experience when Somber says the new chapter is terrible, it turns out especially awesome.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 am

I'm at chapter twelve of FoE; I can't do that yet. (And besides, isn't SS dead? DT is, she died at a rock farm/prison. Or did she, like other secondary/background characters, get turned into a ghoul like Ditzy?)

What puts me off about romance stories is how common the pairings that don't make sense are. For example, a great adventure, with wonderful writing and solid conflict, and then it's got AppleDash for no good reason whatsoever. It damages immersion, like having Lyra be obsessed with humans; it's not something that might occur in the show, and much worse when present within an otherwise canon-obedient story. Stories like this, on the other hand, have different spins, and are just, well, different.

I can do relationship buildup slowly; one of my protagonists takes a whole story to get to be friends with the deuteragonist, only being working partners for the duration, then pen pals, then friends, partially due to there being a practical reason for them to work together, and moreso that the aforementioned protagonist is quite pragmatic and unapproachable, like me. But, back to the discussion topic. I don't know about writing romance, really, but I do agree with you that a well-placed romance can and will function well.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:I'm at chapter twelve of FoE; I can't do that yet. (And besides, isn't SS dead? DT is, she died at a rock farm/prison. Or did she, like other secondary/background characters, get turned into a ghoul like Ditzy?)
Diamond Tiara is dead, Silver Spoon is a glowing one with emotional problems and is never included in Kkat's story but features prominently in Somber's.

What puts me off about romance stories is how common the pairings that don't make sense are. For example, a great adventure, with wonderful writing and solid conflict, and then it's got AppleDash for no good reason whatsoever.
Yeah, I see that. The problem is that a lot of shippers just assume everybody else sees the same pairing as them, so they skip the whole part where people fall in love and go straight from the show's canon to sloppy makeouts without pausing. There's theoretically potential for any of the mane six to fall it love, but it pretty definitely hasn't happened so far. Especially in that pairing. (I could kinda almost see any combination of Dash, Pinky, and Fluttershy, but the other three are very definitely not together any time soon)
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:55 am

@Swicked
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Sorry 'bout that scream
I Read Lil Miss Rarity
Could not sleep much then.

Format of your rhymes?
Can they go ABAB?
Limit of freedom?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 am

@Sindri
Hmm, taser's not a bad idea, really. Weight's not a problem, I could always use the extra exercise. =P Building one would inevitably result in me electrocuting myself (if only because I apparently have a bad habit of reaching down to touch things to see if they're as painful as they look - I saw some sort of thorny thistle today growing out of the sidewalk, and the answer was yes =P fun) though I have a friend who's probably got enough electrical engineering know-how to pull it off... Would need to look into legalities first, of course.

@CamoBadger
Thanks! I thought it was sort of a stereotypical realistic fiction synopsis, but setting it in Equestria would make for some fun ways to bend the tropes and defy expectations of the genre.

@IncoherentOrange
Hmm, well, if the clocktower one wasn't appealing, how about one of these... if any part of a prompt strikes your fancy, feel free to cut out the rest.
-Pinkie Pie and Applejack have a friendly week-long bake-off for fun and to raise sales, but the stakes are raised as the other ponies in the town start to take the contest much more seriously. [Normal]

-Fluttershy has a cold, but new laws prevent anypony from buying pseudoephedrine decongestant products without a driver's license. And nopony in town knows what that is, nor do they have one. Will anypony be able to figure this conundrum out and ease Fluttershy's suffering? Based on a true story, dammit. [Comedy]

-Big Macintosh is enlisted to lend his prodigious strength and endurance to the laying down of a new railroad connecting Trottingham and Ponyville. Though he misses the orchard and the rest of his family, he also finds himself enjoying the work, and makes friends. How will Big Mac deal with feeling torn between these two worlds? [Normal, maybe Adventure or Sad, too]

-Twilight Sparkle versus Mentos and Diet Cola, with special guest star Pinkie Pie. [Comedy, may have been done before because it's a really obvious idea, come to think of it]

-Derpy delivers a mysterious package to Rainbow Dash's door. The only identifying feature is a black-and-white stencil of her cutie mark, on the outside of the box. Where did it come from? What's inside? And why can't Rainbow Dash - or anypony else - seem to open it? [Dunno, but don't go for the Se7en route, I'd say]

-Fluttershy finds herself with no partner to watch the Butterfly Migration this year, but all her friends seem so busy! Will she end up watching it alone, or will she find somepony who'll appreciate the natural beauty of Equestria as much as she does? [Normal, maybe Comedy because Fluttershy trying to do things is funny and adorable.]

-Flim and Flam have moved into fashion retail! They offer to work as salesponies for Rarity on commission in Canterlot, promising to bring both fame and bits in spades. Applejack and the rest of the Apple family still resent the scheming unicorn brothers, but Rarity finds herself very tempted by the offer. Will Applejack be able to warn Rarity off of deals with the slick businessponies? Or will she be forced put aside the past and admit that the Flim and Flam can deal fair? [Normal? Comedy? Musical?]

-Celestia and Luna decide to take the week off, and leave the Mane Six in charge of, well... everything. Will the elements of harmony be able to get Equestria through the end of Autumn and the Running of the Leaves? Will Pinkie Pie go mad(der) with power? What's Cadence up to - isn't she a Princess, too? And where exactly do two royal alicorn sisters go for vacations, anyway? [dunno, sorta been done before, I think]

-Stephen King gets sucked into Equestria, and can't find a typewriter fit for human hands. With a new 1500-page novel running through his head, will he be able to learn to write legibly with a quill before going insane? (Note: I am convinced that Stephen King goes insane if he does not write everything that comes into his head) [Comedy, maybe Grimdark 'cos it's Stephen King] [Also, you could replace King with Somber, though that might be... weird; or you could replace him with George RR Martin, and instead of trying to reach a typewriter, everypony reads the ASOIAF series and then tries to get him to write more, but he's having too much fun procrastinating.]

Okay, that's some prompts. It's fun to think of these! :)

@Sindri again, re: Somber
Sweetie Belle

Last edited by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 am

I have to admit it would fill me with sorrow
Since I couldn't read Chapter 50 tomorrow.

IncoherentOrange wrote:Veering off-topic (whatever the topic is), I'm looking for a one-shot fic challenge to help reignite my creativity. If anyone has any ideas, throw 'em, please.

A story for bronies?
Would this involve... ponies?

Twilight Sparkle

Brutus and Big Daddy both have deep conversation
On Big Daddy's inexorable expiration

Rover and the Psychic Fish Seller from Riverside
Slowly become friends, she friendly he snide.

Psychic Fish Seller harasses
Every traveller through Riverside passes

When she was younger (at least she assures)
Psychic Fish Selling Lady had great adventures!

Don't you give me that look or call me (too) crazy
But I'd say anything with Psychic Fish Selling Lady.

They can feed off the hate, and boy they are trying.
But in nuclear winter even windigoes are dying!

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
-Flim and Flam have moved into fashion retail! They offer to work as salesponies for Rarity on commission in Canterlot, promising to bring both fame and bits in spades. Applejack and the rest of the Apple family still resent the scheming unicorn brothers, but Rarity finds herself very tempted by the offer. Will Applejack be able to warn Rarity off of deals with the slick businessponies? Or will she be forced put aside the past and admit that the Flim and Flam can deal fair? [Normal? Comedy? Musical?]
Hm...

IncoherentOrange wrote:I'm at chapter twelve of FoE; I can't do that yet. (And besides, isn't SS dead? DT is, she died at a rock farm/prison. Or did she, like other secondary/background characters, get turned into a ghoul like Ditzy?)

You haven't read Horizons yet?
Then my suggestions won't make sense, I bet...

swicked wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Format of your rhymes?
Can they go ABAB?
Limit of freedom?
It's not my challenge... ask Mel, I guess? "Talk like Zecora" is all he'd stress.

Just rhyme and have fun! That's all that she'd ask.
And I think more rules would just limit that task.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Swicked
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Sorry 'bout that scream
I Read Lil Miss Rarity
Could not sleep much then.

There there, it will all be fine...

Want a cupcake? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2113965524
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:47 am

Sindri wrote:The second was a scared hungry teen with a gun he looked about to drop; ten minutes of conversation later he'd given me the gun, I bought him dinner, and then I used some of my contacts in the area to get him an honest job and passed the weapon I "found" to the police (evidently it hadn't been used in anything terrible beforehand because I didn't hear from them again about it). I don't think either of those (or any of the other fights that I probably shouldn't have gotten myself involved in) would have been improved by carrying a firearm; I think the first was too drugged or overconfident to have run and while it might have saved me some blood I felt better carrying an unconscious guy than a corpse (and the legal fallout would have been much worse on me), and in the second I can't think of any way it could have made things better and many ways it could go much worse.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Anlsm
It's a good thing knifey didn't nick an artery, probably from his lack of fighting capability/state of mind.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:10 am

ketchup504 wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Anlsm
Those eyes... *shudder*
It's a good thing knifey didn't nick an artery
Aye. It's also a good thing I had a roll of duct tape on me at the time; excellent for keeping most of your blood on the inside. It was a less good thing that I didn't have a phone with me.

And it was a downright stupid thing that I carried him the mile and a half to the hospital rather than checking his pockets for a phone or asking those living nearby to contact an ambulance, but in my defense it's very difficult to think clearly when you've been stabbed repeatedly and you had to strangle the guy to get him to stop attacking and you didn't hold on too long did you I mean I think that's a pulse and anyway if he were dead he wouldn't be bleeding so much and oh god so much blood and this guy is heavy and it's how much further to the hospital and why am I so lightheaded oh god was the knife poisoned no that's just the blood loss and shit how much did I lose before I got myself patched up and will I even make it there...

Yeah, it's an experience I would not recommend, if you have the chance. Shy
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 am

Valikdu wrote:
Want a cupcake? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2113965524
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2e853ef0
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

I know next to nothing about guns, so if I ever write the FoE story I've had in my head for ages it would be from a pegasus' standpoint where everything runs on lasers and phlebtanium.

IRL I used to know one person who got a firearms license when she was 18. That's actually pretty rare here since by and large guns are illegal- she was part of a gun club that used a shooting range somewhere earby. She told me once about transporting and storing them that the weapons have to be in a locked box or steel cabinet respectively and the ammunition must be stored seperately and in a different room. you also get police visiting from time to time as well to make sure you're not doing anything illegal as well. At least that's what I remember, it was a long time ago.

I also did a whole load of PH fanart for the newbie artist training grounds 2.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 am

Sindri wrote:
I've actually been on the receiving end of attempted mugging twice. The first used a knife and refused to listen to anything I had to say about my lack of valuables or the foolishness of his course of action; it was very painful and I gained a few new scars before carrying him to the hospital and spending several unpleasant hours talking to the authorities, but he really had no idea how to fight. The second was a scared hungry teen with a gun he looked about to drop; ten minutes of conversation later he'd given me the gun, I bought him dinner, and then I used some of my contacts in the area to get him an honest job and passed the weapon I "found" to the police (evidently it hadn't been used in anything terrible beforehand because I didn't hear from them again about it). I don't think either of those (or any of the other fights that I probably shouldn't have gotten myself involved in) would have been improved by carrying a firearm; I think the first was too drugged or overconfident to have run and while it might have saved me some blood I felt better carrying an unconscious guy than a corpse (and the legal fallout would have been much worse on me), and in the second I can't think of any way it could have made things better and many ways it could go much worse.

But there are a lot of people who don't fight as well as me, and there are a lot of criminals who fight a whole lot better. Guns are a great way to level the playing field between the guy who's spent months working out in prison and years fighting on the streets and the guy who sits in an office all day on accounting problems, and I support their availability here, even if I doubt I'll ever get one.

You sir, are a better man than I. It may be due to my lack of self control, but I guarantee I would have gone a bit further than just knocking the first guy out. The second guy...I probably would have made him shoot me because I would be straight up pissed, yelling, and overall just trying to make him feel stupid. (I don't like being aimed at, by anyone, for any reason. Been shot at enough in my life, don't point that crap at me. I also might have a few screws loose)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 am

I couldn't do that, but I made friends with all the homeless in my neighbourhood, which means:

1) they don't ask me for cash all the time since they know me

2) they look out and hail cabs for me when I go into Dunkin Donuts for morning coffee (usually tip them a dollar for it),

3) I'm mostly protected from crazy schizos and harassers since homeless people indeed see and hear everything and know what's going on
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:36 am

Sindri wrote:Heh... I tried learning karate as a kid, but quit because my sensei had a heart attack and quit teaching, and the only other places within a reasonable distance were stupid little mcdojos that didn't actually teach anything useful. When I need to fight I tend to use a lot of improvisation, good reflexes, and the aforementioned pain tolerance.

"Mcdojo" is a good name for them. I was put into a few of those when I was a kid, and none of them taught me anything that would ever help me defend myself. Honestly, I'm not very prepared to defend myself, really. I know how to move fast, and I'm good at running, (two different things,) but that's not exactly useful against someone who's trained in combat or has a gun. Eh.

Not really a story idea, more of a crazy what if: A summoning for one of those Cthulhu monsters is interrupted and instead of an Elder thingy, Somber is summoned to Equestria. Somber has to convince everypony that she's not angst ponified, which isn't helped by her new cutie mark compulsion to write stories so beautiful that they make even dragons cry. Also, Princess Luna meets Somber. They fight crime!
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am

Derpmind wrote:
Sindri wrote:Heh... I tried learning karate as a kid, but quit because my sensei had a heart attack and quit teaching, and the only other places within a reasonable distance were stupid little mcdojos that didn't actually teach anything useful. When I need to fight I tend to use a lot of improvisation, good reflexes, and the aforementioned pain tolerance.

"Mcdojo" is a good name for them. I was put into a few of those when I was a kid, and none of them taught me anything that would ever help me defend myself. Honestly, I'm not very prepared to defend myself, really. I know how to move fast, and I'm good at running, (two different things,) but that's not exactly useful against someone who's trained in combat or has a gun. Eh.

Not really a story idea, more of a crazy what if: A summoning for one of those Cthulhu monsters is interrupted and instead of an Elder thingy, Somber is summoned to Equestria. Somber has to convince everypony that she's not angst ponified, which isn't helped by her new cutie mark compulsion to write stories so beautiful that they make even dragons cry. Also, Princess Luna meets Somber. They fight crime!
Hint on fighting: GO FOR THE DADDYBAGS! You'd be surprised how many people will assume you fight "fair", and leave those things wide open... (side note: There is no such thing as 'fighting fair', that's just some bullcrap that people say because they're afraid of getting hurt)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 pm

swicked wrote:
Sindri wrote:
It's a good thing knifey didn't nick an artery
Aye. It's also a good thing I had a roll of duct tape on me at the time; excellent for keeping most of your blood on the inside. It was a less good thing that I didn't have a phone with me.

And it was a downright stupid thing that I carried him the mile and a half to the hospital rather than checking his pockets for a phone or asking those living nearby to contact an ambulance, but in my defense it's very difficult to think clearly when you've been stabbed repeatedly and you had to strangle the guy to get him to stop attacking and you didn't hold on too long did you I mean I think that's a pulse and anyway if he were dead he wouldn't be bleeding so much and oh god so much blood and this guy is heavy and it's how much further to the hospital and why am I so lightheaded oh god was the knife poisoned no that's just the blood loss and shit how much did I lose before I got myself patched up and will I even make it there...

Yeah, it's an experience I would not recommend, if you have the chance. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 4206338362
That is quite the strong sense of morality; far more than I think that most will ever be...

A hero he is.
Could be made into movie.
It leaves me speechless.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 pm

@Ideas Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do. I've fabricated the idea of a future Spike fic, while sleeping last night, with lotsa sadness. (I've used a >160-year-old Spike in one story, and a ~30-year-old Spike in another, and present-Spike in the other two. Hey, Spike is in all of my stories. Huh.) But all of these ideas are quite interesting, thanks!

@Sindri Faith in humanity +5. A good person is you.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:22 pm

^This^ Congratulations on being the only thing to actually increase my faith in humanity in the past 3 years Sindri.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:23 pm

@Iron: The thing you linked? The picture? "You won an internet"? It stated "Does not affect e-peen size". Or something like that.
Shesh, keep up with what you post xD

@Robo: I am far too brave to figure things out :P

@Random: Normally, I would give it a try to read, but currently a bit unsure about stuff. And not sure how I think of the premise/resume. But will have to see.

@Cao: (Smoking) I prefer to not break my body down any more than it already is. If it is referring to type I think it is referring too. Not doing drugs is one of the few things I've managed to stick to not doing hehe. And again, as that anatomically is correct, yet technically not overall accurate, I will have to let is slide, again xP
@Derp:
Spoiler:

@OMD: (LMR) Eh, like the Pinkamina blog, she's a tad bit overly fanwanked imo. The artist doing it has serious anatomy problems in their art (like very many artists seem to have. Granted, was ages since I checked LMR out, but it went bland a while ago, though it has some neat ideas, and unlike the Pinkamina, Rarity wasn't a pussy. Anyhow, was ages as said, so not sure if it is done by the one I am thinking off, but if it is, they do have anatomy problems, along with a couple other, such as compatibility and proportion.) they don't seem interested in dealing with due to the common "it works, and people don't know better" attitude.

@EP: Hey, anyone else noticed our "Rule 34" doesn't seem to have been implemented yet?

@Inco: (story) I'll just sit here and be quiet for everyone's well being xD

@Cao: Never underestimate hobo's man :3

@EP: New chapter soon eh? This time I am actually ready for it, yay! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 3007958872

@Sindri: I think I missed some story thing here, but I think I got what was going on... maybe. Ugh, really have to get my sleep under control.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Catching up on the thread before the split what to say...

Knife fights are nasty things, nastier than gun battles because gun fights tend to be short sharp affairs while knife fights tend to end when one person passes out from blood loss or dies. And passing out from blood loss is normally the same thing as "dead" unless you got bystanders willing to do something within the first few minutes.

Also
@Overlong Analysis Cobalt
If you don't want a gun because your only options are shooting someone you don't need a gun because you don't understand the purpose of a firearm and how most fights end when a gun is pulled. For every incident with a firearm there are three when the simply threat of the fire arm was enough to end the confrontation. A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.

On the other major forum I frequent the spat of shootings has started a gun control discussion and it's not exactly pretty because to many people hold strong misconceptions about guns and actively avoid trying to expand their knowledge on the subject.

Suffice it to say if you want to defend yourself and you don't feel ready for a gun then a taser is a good fallback, so is Mace.

Just be sure not to confuse the Mace with the Yankee Candle Air Fresher which is much easier than you think. Plus macing yourself thinking it's hairspray, be sure to get only one can and keep it somewhere you keep nothing else.

The point is I might have maced myself on accident a few times growing up, one of which in retrospect was not only my fault but utterly hilarious looking back at it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Cptadder wrote:Catching up on the thread before the split what to say...
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws, the laws called Stand your Ground. In some states we've seen some very messed up cases as a result like in Georgia where two youths were stealing from the house across the way and the owner of the house not being robbed called 911 told them about this and then told 911 he felt in fear for his life as he left his house with a gun and shot and killed both of them which would have been double homicide in some other states but was ruled justified homicide in his state.

I'd sure as hell not move to a Stand you Ground State and I move every two years if I can because frankly Stand your Ground laws are way to abuse able since it removes the requirement that if they run away you can't fire and that if you feel in danger for your life you can use your gun, as long as you kill the other person then it's only your word on the record and you stand an excellent chance of getting off if you managed to get the other person to do anything at all to you.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws, the laws called Stand your Ground. In some states we've seen some very messed up cases as a result like in Georgia where two youths were stealing from the house across the way and the owner of the house not being robbed called 911 told them about this and then told 911 he felt in fear for his life as he left his house with a gun and shot and killed both of them which would have been double homicide in some other states but was ruled justified homicide in his state.

I'd sure as hell not move to a Stand you Ground State and I move every two years if I can because frankly Stand your Ground laws are way to abuse able since it removes the requirement that if they run away you can't fire and that if you feel in danger for your life you can use your gun, as long as you kill the other person then it's only your word on the record and you stand an excellent chance of getting off if you managed to get the other person to do anything at all to you.
Colorado has something similar, Make My Day, where if someone breaks into your home you are allowed to kill them under the statement that "They threatened my family and property". I honestly like the laws, because if I'm not allowed to kill someone in my home and they harm the ones I care about or cause significant financial problems for me, I'd be pretty upset. But that's just me; morals looser than Hired Gun.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Sindri wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:What? That doesn't sound real. C'mon now.
Kipper is freaking huge, kinda crazy, nigh-suicidal overconfidence, and does not appear to feel pain. I believe it.

This man here knows.
And especially with the unable to feel pain part, hah. The amount of things I've done that should've caused me massive injury (like the time I put a dent into my shin, which is still there as a dent.... or the time I got hit by a car multiple times... or the time when I got my foot crushed to less in 1cm deep and was still able to walk/didn't break nor fracture anything... or a lot of other instances).

I'm a very... strange doesn't cut it, freaky almost cuts it, guy.
I go through so damn much and yet carry on because like Blackjack, I don't know how to stop.
The only way I know how to stop is by clocking out, which I've tried somewhere around 10 times total now. (Lost count, stopped caring in keeping track. Some have been pathetic attempts, others have been extremely strange that I survived unharmed.)

Someone trying to mug me and using their knife to intimidate them by showing them I don't care is what comes natural to me.
I don't think "Oh shit, he's trying to mug me! Better hand over the cash!" I just think "Okay, fuck you, you wanna fucking see how brave you really are? Lets do this."
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Hey, anyone else noticed our "Rule 34" doesn't seem to have been implemented yet?
No, there are a few pieces out there.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Yes, as well as more explicit fanfic pieces, I bet.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Actually, depending on where you begin R34 classification, I had something that may sit on the borderline, commissioned via Ryx.
(French maid outfits... Mmmmmm. Can't get enough of 'em!)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Derpmind wrote:One-shot prompt: Your One True Pair of ponies are on their first date.
Lyrabon. It would have to be epic. And preferably giving Bon Bon much more personality than just being the straight mare to Lyra's antics.
Derpmind wrote:Crazy idea that no-one will every write and probably couldn't if they wanted to: All the Mane 6 falling in love with each other, (each one is in love with the other five,) and it's totally believable and romantic. Somehow.
The major hurdle here is for any of them to start getting into polyamory. Maybe Fluttershy's had a crush on Dash forever but can't bring herself to say it, and then Dash and Pinkie start dating, and... damn. Flutters wouldn't make a love confession to Dash, she'd just curl into a ball and not say anything.

Okay, how about Dash and Pinkie start dating, and Applejack reveals her crush to Dash, and Rainbow... is loyal to Pinkie. Argh.

Maybe if Pinkie and Dash started dating, but Twilight didn't know cause she was in a particularly deep study session, and then Pinkie has casual sex with Twilight, and Dash is angry she didn't ask her about it, and they work out an arrangement, and Applejack starts acting weird around Rainbow and Pinkie, and Rainbow jokingly asks her if she has a crush on her, and Applejack freezes up, and they talk about it and Rainbow starts dating Applejack while still dating Pinkie. If Rarity didn't approve of it since it isn't what proper ladies are supposed to do, that would prevent Fluttershy from getting involved cause she'd need her friends to be universally supportive before she did something that weird. So Rarity would either have to associate it with being high-status or think that it wasn't a significant impediment to being high-class. Or take the hit because being involved with one of her friends was super-important to her--not likely. Or already be in a very secure position within the Canterlot elite, such that being openly simultaneously romantically involved with multiple ponies would hardly damage her standing. So before the whole romantic thing started, she was appointed Duchess of Canterlot or something. And she starts courting Twilight while Twilight's friendship with benefits with Pinkie transitions pretty smoothly and openly to a romance. Then Fluttershy confesses long-held feelings for Rainbow Dash since it's clear none of her friends would think less of her for it. And Applejack asks Fluttershy out. Oh god so many pairings left to make. Six out of fifteen have been made so far. I'll just handwave it and say that at this point it's reached critical mass and the friendship meetups start turning into group romance meetups.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yes, as well as more explicit fanfic pieces, I bet.
You weren't here for when someone decided that, since after 34 pages of posts, the topic goes down to 1 or 2 pages, thus, the rule of 34. Looks like everyone forgot.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Oh, that Rule 34. Uh... What gutter?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next