Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Take the chick's opinion on your penis enhancement. :)

I ain't got no dick which is why I augment it with a shotgun.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Take the chick's opinion on your penis enhancement. :)

I ain't got no dick which is why I augment it with a shotgun.

Oh, don't worry about me. I don't need no penis enhancement and anyone who wants to go back a few threads could get you the specifics as to why.
Or I could always prove it -wink wink-

hahaha, I'm just messing with that last bit. ANYWAY.

I'm not from the U.S, I've never touched a gun in my life. Even still, I don't need to. When I fight, I fight with pure brawn.
My 'manliness' doesn't require anything external to my body.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Nice. I'm into Tai Chi for defense. It's relaxing and surprisingly brutal against drunk college dudes. I'm little but bros best not fuck with me!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:02 pm

I know no martial arts disciplines, and am not strong or scrawny. I'd be a person who'd be best off with a handgun for self defense. I wouldn't ever need one around here, though. I live in a very peaceful region.
I have been mugged before, but they didn't get anything valuable since my friend was there to fight the one who didn't run off with my sub. They were 2 years older than me, idiots. It was very shaking though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey guys, look what Wanderer D used in his latest lecture in the form of a blog post on FimFic: How to write original characters. Somber's in it. You guys like Somber. His advice is very strong and enlightening.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm

If you lived where I live, you would need a gun. The Cincinnati area (technically I live in Clermont county) is home to a large population of rather prejudice black people (no I'm not a biggot) an there is a lot of crime around here. Most of us carry a firearm of some sort and I know no one with any knowledge of hand-to-hand martial arts. I'm 5'-10" and very strong but I prefer to keep threats at a distance due to a problem-solving glitch in my brain. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3932362616

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:56 pm

@Iron: Neat. And good thing it doesn't affect the e-vag size [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3845856932

@Robo: (chart) No, but I... I actually don't know what I am on about...

@Iron: (Deagle) Cuz it has a cool name and looks neat? xP

@Cao: (seeming gender confusion) You have to like, mention your labia size or something, that'd be enough to have enough concussion to make people pay attention to your gender, if you'd want. At least to my experience. ;P

@EP: (Guns) Like most things, I noticed I am good with what I am ~meh/okay with. I personally find the thought of dual wielding like, revolver/pistols to be *squee*, but I am much better with a rifle, and grenades, and I don't even like grenades xD I'm good at tossing them though apparently. Overall quite efficient in sniping, but get bored to easily heh. My dad owes around 5 rifles, and a bayonet. 4 of said are antiques but still work. I got good aim with single pistols though. Same goes for medieval, I like dual daggers, but am best with a bastard sword. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2322646808

@Rum: (video) Meh, original is better.

@Derp: (NV) So, but I can offer you this: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/amnesia-and-story-structure

@Cao: (guns) Totally random, but a friend of mine once said: "We girls aren't normally interested in penis compensations, because we don't need to compensate for anything." ... or something like that. It's bad when I can't even quote stuff properly xD But I can say I quite like shotguns. I tend to aim for a shotgun and some pistol or semi-automatic with good aim as a secondary in games. But yeah, like Kipper said, I ain't need to compensate for anything, I got more meat than a few average girls combined. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 403243246Besides, when will people learn about 90 % of it lies in the performance, not the equipment? Same goes with the compensation as well, if you ain't got a drivers licence, what is a fancy car gonna get you? ... bar from leeches xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm

And good thing it doesn't affect the e-vag size

Analyzing...nope...nope...nope-nope-nopenopenopenopenope.

404 ERROR.

But srsly I don't understand. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 908227573 Then again, I might not want to-*thermonuclear explosion* .-.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Honestly I don't understand either. O_o
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 pm

I've... no, I've not been mugged before. I've had someone think of mugging me before.

He tried to hold me up, shouting that he wanted my wallet and he would stab me if I tried anything.
I grabbed his hand, asked him if he has the guts and then pulled the blade across my throat so it touched ever so gently...

He ran of crying out that I was a freaky madman and that I'd hurt his wrist, wahh wahh wahh. fucking baby.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:I've... no, I've not been mugged before. I've had someone think of mugging me before.

He tried to hold me up, shouting that he wanted my wallet and he would stab me if I tried anything.
I grabbed his hand, asked him if he has the guts and then pulled the blade across my throat so it touched ever so gently...

He ran of crying out that I was a freaky madman and that I'd hurt his wrist, wahh wahh wahh. fucking baby.

Gravity cat is not amused. Seriously that is weird.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 pm

What? That doesn't sound real. C'mon now.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Also, Admiral is kinda right on the Glock 17. It has three safeties on it: one on the trigger itself that blocks the rearward motion unless deliberately pulled, one that moves up and blocks the firing pin, and one in the back somewhere. It's not a conventional safety system so it's a little weird. Might be best to go with something else. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 403243246

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Hey guys, look what Wanderer D used in his latest lecture in the form of a blog post on FimFic: How to write original characters. Somber's in it. You guys like Somber. His advice is very strong and enlightening.
That was a good read.

Kattlarv wrote:
@Robo: (chart) No, but I... I actually don't know what I am on about...
*pats Kim on head* It's alright, you'll figure it out one day.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:37 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Hey guys, look what Wanderer D used in his latest lecture in the form of a blog post on FimFic: How to write original characters. Somber's in it. You guys like Somber. His advice is very strong and enlightening.

Awesome.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:58 pm

My dad was almost mugged once. He works nights in boston delivering bundles of newspapers and such.

Guy walks up behind him. My dad feels a pressure on his back, like that of a knife, the mugger shouts demands for his wallet/money.

My dad asks him to calm down and makes a motion for his wallet.

Then spins around and decks him. He is in his forties but in very good shape from his job. The Guy falls onto the side walk.

Something rolls out from under his shirt. A little plastic coke bottle. Very foolish mugger runs away while he screams threats at him.

tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Went there for Somber, stayed there for interesting advice for characters. I especially liked the game show. Hm, the lasting effect a character has means you shouldn't be wasting too much time developing a one-shot character... unless you're actually planning to bring the character back.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:53 pm

I like cao drunk... we should meet for a drink
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

So, after a month or so of waiting for the second proofreader to give a sign of life, I've decided to go with what the first one did and release the first chapter already.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/34781/Prince-of-Zebras
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Wow sorry about the wait random
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Some of us had the fortune of learning character balance on our own. Others are not that fortunate. Somber and Kkat are hands-down the best character-makers I've seen. I recall someone saying that Blackjack is more powerful than Deus "ever would be" or something along those lines, why exactly is that? I mean Deus was designed as a light armored assault walker for pete sake. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2066584637

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Some of us had the fortune of learning character balance on our own. Others are not that fortunate. Somber and Kkat are hands-down the best character-makers I've seen. I recall someone saying that Blackjack is more powerful than Deus "ever would be" or something along those lines, why exactly is that? I mean Deus was designed as a light armored assault walker for pete sake. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2066584637
The power of friends(hip). As corny as that is. Blackjack has shown the ability to make allies and friends, which Deus didn't.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm

RandomBlank wrote:So, after a month or so of waiting for the second proofreader to give a sign of life, I've decided to go with what the first one did and release the first chapter already.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/34781/Prince-of-Zebras

I really need to get going on mine. Currently it's a disjointed mess of ~6.5k.
...Well, first I need to finish the mod, and then I'll probably be busy with Baldur's Gate EE, and then... something else will probably come up.

swicked wrote:Where were those fallout mods posted? I liked the game upgrades they boasted.
I thought I'd finally play a bit but can't find where we talked about it...

Ehm... Was the rhyme deliberate? O_o
Anyway. Did you mean this one? http://donitz.deviantart.com/#/d5brdhf
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:I want some of those recs too since I'm playing for the first time.

Spoiler:

*Edit*

For those of you looking for mods I realized I missed a few. They are added at the bottom.

*Edit* #2

I realized I left out an important tool and note. These have been added at the bottom.

swicked wrote:Where were those fallout mods posted? I liked the game upgrades they boasted.
I thought I'd finally play a bit but can't find where we talked about it...

Quoted here since this thread is going to be split soon. Have fun.

*Edit*

Make sure you download the compatibility patches too. Things like WMX, Project Nevada, Book of Earache, A World of Pain, and Eve have patches that integrate all the new features together and improve stability.

Last edited by Downloaded Skill on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 pm

How long are you going to keep this rhyming up? I can't decide whether I like them or am annoyed by it. Your rhymes are of significant merit.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Merit:'The quality of being particularly good or worthy...as to deserve praise or reward.'
That was meant as praise.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 pm

swicked wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Merit:'The quality of being particularly good or worthy...as to deserve praise or reward.'
That was meant as praise.
You mean these ones? If you say so.
I'm not trying that hard, you know... :P
At first it might have been fun I know.
But now I want to talk about oranges, nothing but oranges.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Cptadder wrote:But now I want to talk about oranges, nothing but oranges.

AAAAAAAAAAAND HE BROKE THE GAME, G'DAY. Kidding. I'd start rhyming now to get in on the fun but being a machine cultist and a christian, zealous in both accounts, I would go from offensive chaos spirit to screaming space marine chaplain of the black templars. Twilight

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Wait, what?! I missed the rhyming fun?! Damn you Adder, I would've won!

I have been praised for my zebra rhyming, 'cause I pay attention to meter and timing. Just having the last words rhyme is no plan; to do it all right, the entire line must scan.

Either way, on the topic of bullets and guns: I myself live in Texas but don't have a one. I've shot pistols and rifles at a friend of mine's farm, but honestly I feel no need to go armed. If I got a revolver, a .357, or if it's semi-auto, a 1911. (I didn't make anything up for that rhyme; the truth is that I've had both those thoughts for some time.) I'm shocked that revolvers are seen as complex; I always heard they had the simpler specs. But maybe that's based on the old-school type guns -- bad materials, tolerance, and limited runs.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 pm

I cannot do rhymes.
So I can't join in this fun.
This will have to do.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next