Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Eeyups, and it'll still be my birthday for 7 more minutes for me cause that's when it becomes midnight.

And thank you! Kinda which Heroes updated today as well but I guess if I followed more stories I could have had more "birthday chapters" haha.
Last minute happy birthday.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by jacky2734 Sat May 19, 2012 12:01 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Eeyups, and it'll still be my birthday for 7 more minutes for me cause that's when it becomes midnight.

And thank you! Kinda which Heroes updated today as well but I guess if I followed more stories I could have had more "birthday chapters" haha.

Happy birthday for another couple of minutes.

Here's your birthday muffin
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Bananachocolatechipmuffinbirthday_1
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 12:07 am

Thank you again! And thanks for the Birthday muffin haha. I feel so welcomed now haha, unlike last week when I felt like the kid outside a clubhouse begging to be let in haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 19, 2012 12:26 am

MrMagma wrote:But seriously, I thought the chapter was good. It's given Blackjack a much-needed prod forward,
*snicker*

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you. While I don't think we actually know that it wasn't called Tenpony Tower at the time (was the name ever explained?), changing it is safer.
The name comes from a photo in the monorail lobby of Twilight wearing number 10 in the Running of the Leaves. It's implied that "Tenpony" was a name that was invented during the 200 years of residence as the only building standing in its area, after the giant "MAS" was blasted off the facade.

Sindri wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:I should clarify that I am not actually talking about hoofball.
You have the best explanations.
Hee, I should point out that I borrowed that last line from this. Ice Pack is adorably bad with idiomatic expressions.

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 19, 2012 12:29 am

jacky2734 wrote:Has anybody else checked out "FOE: Anywhere but Here"? It looks to be starting out really well. Even though it did have a rather descriptive sex scene during the first chapter, it looks to be quite humorous and entertaining.
Aye, I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

Moodyman90 wrote:Kinda of a nice birthday surprise when I saw MNS had been updated today.
What?! But…What? That wasn't supposed to update again until the 28th, I thought! Oh dear… I mean, I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere, but I really wasn't expecting it.

Oh, and happy birthday! Sorry I'm late.

SilentCarto wrote:The name comes from a photo in the monorail lobby of Twilight wearing number 10 in the Running of the Leaves. It's implied that "Tenpony" was a name that was invented during the 200 years of residence as the only building standing in its area, after the giant "MAS" was blasted off the facade.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 12:32 am

No problem Hinds.

And Murky Number Seven seems to up-date on Friday every two weeks it seems. I checked earlier this week and saw it was due this week. Next chapter for it should be up June 1 if all goes well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am

Sindri wrote:
Necr0maNceR wrote:If any of Lionheart's generation of Luna's guards were pegasai, they were likely altered physically by Luna's magic and turned into batponies as per the second batpony origin story...
Both origin stories were for the original Lunar Guard, before Nightmare Moon. It's possible that the batponies returned after Luna's return, but I got the impression from Styg that they'd been in isolation for much longer than the two hundred years since the apocalypse; they were fleeing genocide after NMM's banishment, and if batponies had reemerged into Equestrian society they would have been better known. It's canon in Fo:E that the royal Guard wore armor with uniform enchantments; Luna had traditionally had batpony guards before her banishment, so after her return if they couldn't be found (which makes perfect sense given that their lives depended on how well they could hide, and it had been a thousand years since they'd been seen) she would have designed the enchantment on her Guards' uniforms to match her old friends, assumed lost.

And yes, if you assume that the modern guard were true batponies, then the details of my explanation are no longer valid. They don't need to be individually rebuked.

As for the decay on Lionheart... it could be a variance in the spell due to the ghoulification process; we saw in Steelhooves, Twilight's mother, and Puppysmiles that Canterlot ghouls tend to fuse with their equipment on more than just a physcial level. Or it could be part of the uniform itself; if the cover didn't allow damage to show through that would sabotage any attempts and medical assistance to injured Guards, so it makes sense for the spell to allow injuries (and thus decay) to show through.
Well, you did say "And yes, if you assume that the modern guard were true batponies, then the details of my explanation are no longer valid." and O. Hinds said that that is indeed the case (and so did I earlier if you hadn't noticed (and you could have simply rechecked that part of the chapter like I did before I made my last post)).

Also, I recall not a SINGLE instance that would lead me to believe that Steelhooves was fused to his armor on more than a physical level. Sure, his armor would monitor his vitals and administer drugs, but so would any set of power armor for any Steel Ranger. As I said earlier, while his armor may repair itself, which is similar to his regeneration, it is not tied to it. His armor only repairs itself due to it's repair talisman, which will not work if the spell matrix is disrupted or the armor is out of scrap metal. I also see nothing that would lead me to believe that Star Sparkle has anything more than a physical connection to her wheelchair. Sure, she turns the wheels with her magic, but that is no different than what any other unicorn in any other wheelchair who is not fused to it can do. As far as Puppysmiles goes, 1: she had some sort of cursed zebra talisman in her suit, which changes everything, and more importantly, 2: Pink Eyes is NOT canon to Project Horizons, so that example is meaningless. Thus, there is no evidence of any kind of special magical connection between a canterlot ghoul and whatever it may have been wearing. As far as medics treating Luna's guards if they were just pegasai with uniform spells go, 1: they would likely have to remove the armor anyways to treat most significant injuries, and 2: injured bat wings look WAY different than injured avian wings, so injuries showing on a batpony wing made by a uniform illusion would not help medics treat a pegasus wing.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 am

Jeeze, I'm gone to work for a week and you just leave me... *sniff*

An you gots lots of posts up already.

So I just read chapter 44 last night. I was enthralled with it. Its a great overcoming story, Seriously slow on action oriented bits, but with Stygius being there and being male and attracted to her, openly hitting on her and such. I felt like I could cut the tension with a freaking knife. I mean really felt like it could go one way or the other. I

Now I think about this carefully, and now I know I can totally relate to Blackjack about the sex bit. It was so well executed in her body's desire to romp and a good chunk of her mind, but then that little bit of fear inside of her just being the thing which scares her most. The finish, loved it, I would like for my girlfriend to ask for more, but she is so reserved.

I wonder if the Professor and the doctors had to remove the contraceptive implant for some reason, oh boy that would make for a serious bit of screwed upness

I had a thought, perhaps Psalm was pregnant and knew of fluttershy's secret pregnancy.

anyway I'm gonna see about putting up an avatar
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 12:59 am

Oi! Admiral on deck!
Glad you could join us! If you don't know who I am don't worry, I was a no-name until the move when I put my best hoof forward and got in.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

As you were,

I saw you around a couple of times on the original comments threads moody, at least your moodyman nick seems familiar, looks like folks got sick of intense debate
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 1:04 am

Ahoy Admiral, welcome

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 1:08 am

And now the whole group is here, glad to have you Admiral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 1:09 am

I did post some but it was only three or four at most. And while I'd like to think Moodyman is unique a name there's a reason I put 90 on the end of it, and not because 1-89 was already taken haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 19, 2012 1:15 am

NoodleNugget wrote:Ahoy Admiral, welcome
ITs good to find everyone again

TheLastDefender wrote:And now the whole group is here, glad to have you Admiral.
it won't be long before I can say something all intellectual sounding whilst I'm not sober

Moodyman90 wrote:I did post some but it was only three or four at most. And while I'd like to think Moodyman is unique a name there's a reason I put 90 on the end of it, and not because 1-89 was already taken haha.
so you're 22 huh?

oh its funny, you see my sister was born in 91 turned 21 a couple of weeks ago... good on ya mate

oKay, I must confess I've tried to avoid forums,but what can ya do?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 1:19 am

Aye, turned 22 tod.. err. I mean yesterday seein' how it's no longer the 18th for me. Ah hell, the whole weekend is my birthday haha.

I like ya already Admiral! If I was a drinkin' man I'd take a shot for your health.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 1:23 am

Moody, A song I dedicate to you!

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat May 19, 2012 1:31 am

@Admiral nice to see you here finally. So now the whole gang is here?
@Moody. Happy belated birthday to you.

Currently rereading the whole thing. Nice to hindsight all the little details, like P21's addiction. Still hoping for the radboom to supercharge Blackjack though.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 1:34 am

Haha thanks. And I always liked hearing "You're closer to death" since I did come close to death a few years back. Obviously I lived but most people wrote me off for dead cause "trapped in a corn bin" usually means death.

I sometimes forget I do have an interesting life at times...
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 19, 2012 1:51 am

oh funny story my birthday was on the sixth, I turned 25 and people were like you're a quarter centruy old, you're getting old... others were saying you're halfway to fifty and things along those lines, naturally I just said, "if I am 'getting old' what does that make mom?" naturally they are all saying these things right there infront of my mother, everyone kind of flapped their mouths and blustered a little bit before she broke into a laugh

I want to throw a proper birthday party for myself, which I think is kind of sad to think about... usually you want someone to throw the party and not have to throw it yourself... anyway I've been having to push the bloody date back because of work and its getting frustrating...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 19, 2012 1:52 am

Glad you could rejoin the harbor of lunatics, Admiral.

@Moody's Birthday
I hope you had fun celebrating the 22nd year of your existence. I think a chapter of PH is a wonderful birthday present, but my birthday is 6 months from now, and PH will have likely concluded... which makes me think of what will happen to this group after its over.
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Currently rereading the whole thing. Nice to hindsight all the little details, like P21's addiction. Still hoping for the radboom to supercharge Blackjack though.
Am I the only one who clued into P-21's addiction right away? He's been addicted since very early on in the story.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 am

ketchup504 wrote:Glad you could rejoin the harbor of lunatics, Admiral.

@Moody's Birthday
I hope you had fun celebrating the 22nd year of your existence. I think a chapter of PH is a wonderful birthday present, but my birthday is 6 months from now, and PH will have likely concluded... which makes me think of what will happen to this group after its over.
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Am I the only one who clued into P-21's addiction right away? He's been addicted since very early on in the story.

I remember realizing he was addicted the moment his brace came off and he still was asking for Med-X... technically, though, I'm pretty sure he was addicted since before chapter one.

EDIT: Wait, no, wanted to say more!

Happy belated birthday, Moody; and welcome to the new place, Admiral!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Sat May 19, 2012 2:15 am

ketchup504 wrote:Glad you could rejoin the harbor of lunatics, Admiral.

@Moody's Birthday
OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Eh, kinda. I figured he was addicted but didn't really think it was that important to the story. Somber surprises again.

As soon as I heard him begin to vocalize his distaste for mares though, I instantly knew he was gay. Wanted to strangle Blackjack because I thought she didn't see it. She didn't see it at first, did she? My brain is fuzzy on the details.
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 am

Welcome back. Heck, not just to the Admiral- to everyone who made it over since the move.

NoodleNugget wrote:Here, a Sekashi story.
Anansi may be best trickster but Crow is my favourite. Fan of Neil Gaiman? Ever read Anansi Boys? Fun take on trickster tales.
Princess Celestia wrote:Warning: big pics
This pleased me!
NoodleNugget wrote:I don't like goldenblood <snip> 'it's my way or the highway and since you don't want to play anymore, you are not allowed to play ever again.".
He wasn't obstructing her because she did stuff he didn't like. He was blocking her because she would not only have distracted an important official (whose state of mind would have direct ramifications in the war effort) but probably would have influenced her as well. It's not as if she would have popped in for tea, agreed with all of her crimes, and left. Twilight's work (Goldenblood's work) could have been impacted or ruined.
He was yelling at her because she did stuff he didn't like.
Quotidian wrote:On a more related note, I can't be the only one who really enjoyed this chapter, can I? I mean, sure, it wasn't perfect. It was pretty obviously a transition chapter, and Stygius seemed to come pretty much out of nowhere. (Although maybe there's some backstory there we'll be getting later.) And sure, some people might get a bit squicked out by the more risque segments. (Although why people who are bothered by that are okay with reading a story about the technicolor pony post-apocalypse in the first place is beyond me.)
Twilight Sparkle Been waiting to hear... pretty much all of this.

but I just don't like the idea that all it takes to fix that level of trauma is a pep-talk and some "exposure therapy".
Maybe it isn't quite fixed?

NoodleNugget wrote:Wasn't Stygius' cutie mark a shield? I think it was mentioned to be that but I'm not sure
Either that or he literally has a shield glued to his butt. There is a tragic story behind that. Or... was it a funny one?

Moodyman90 wrote:Currently other then PH I've only been following Heroes and Murky Number Seven. Kinda of a nice birthday surprise when I saw MNS had been updated today.
It was still your birthday when I began typing this!

Now it's finally time for some personal reactions to the latest chapter, diluted through my poor memory and ENHANCED with GRATUITOUS CAPS LOCK. And with what is practically a god-damn essay/letter to Stygius. I don't even like him that much... man I'm tired. Wall of Text Warning.

Spoiler:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 am

I said I wanted to post art, so here you guys go.
(warning, it's in spoilers cause its terribad, cheesy, and hand drawn)
(i think this is how you spoiler)
Spoiler:
hopefully this works, and then i get to hide forever because of the embarrassment! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 4206338362

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 2:58 am

oh god, someone kill me please

also I added a couple of pictures of Boo

Last edited by NoodleNugget on Sat May 19, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 19, 2012 3:05 am

NoodleNugget wrote:I said I wanted to post art, so here you guys go.
(warning, it's in spoilers cause its terribad, cheesy, and hand drawn)
(i think this is how you spoiler)
Spoiler:
hopefully this works, and then i get to hide forever because of the embarrassment! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 4206338362

I believe that the idiom is "I has a sad".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 am

Happy birth day, Moody *yay*
Only now I noticed, my bad -.-
@Noodle
Your drawnings are good, really.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat May 19, 2012 3:45 am

Guess what everybody. Heroes just updated. As if I didn't have enough fanfics to read in my back log.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat May 19, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah, I saw it update a couple hours ago while I was reading stuff on my phone. No way in hell I'm reading it right now, though...(so tired...)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat May 19, 2012 3:53 am

I already have read that. It was awesome! Rainbow
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next