Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:I'm gonna have to stick to my guns here. Somber stated this is pretty much completely unheard of in the Stable and apparently it's the first time she encounters it in the wastes. So I still think there's a sentence missing where BJ asks why.
But that's kind of my point. If Glory said, "I don't like hoofball," would BJ be full of questions about that particular preference, or just shrug and say, "Okay, you don't like hoofball"? She didn't say BJ couldn't watch hoofball, or go to a game with friends of a similar inclination, or even hold an informal two-on-two game in the back yard. She just indicated that she doesn't have any interest in it herself.

I should clarify that I am not actually talking about hoofball.

I am talking about sex.

I think it's funny that earlier people were complaining that the song 'Love Is Bloom' is too christian idealistic. but as soon as something like polygamy is brought up everyone starts getting huffy.

I personally am hoping for a ménage à trois. Glory doesn't have to like it at first but hopefully it will work out.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
But that's kind of my point. If Glory said, "I don't like hoofball," would BJ be full of questions about that particular preference, or just shrug and say, "Okay, you don't like hoofball"? She didn't say BJ couldn't watch hoofball, or go to a game with friends of a similar inclination, or even hold an informal two-on-two game in the back yard. She just indicated that she doesn't have any interest in it herself.
Generally when your interested in someone you do ask questions. If "Hoofball" was at her stables core she probably would have questions for Glory. Look I don't think Polygamy(Well it's not polygamy but I don't Know the proper term for it.) is wrong, however it is something you should probably work out with you partner. Anyway silent if you want to continue this discussion send me an E-mail. I feel like this is becoming a "Drop it please." discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Sindri wrote:It's simple; most of us grew up knowing that heterosexual monogamous relationships were the only form of love that was honest or genuine, and that anything outside of that was perverted and evil.
Wow. I don't think that I've ever heard it explained that clearly. I know that I'm actually the minority here, but from my point of view that's a really warped upbringing.

...are you being sarcastic? Why would you think you're in the minority here?
I was using "here" to mean "on this issue" not "in this location". I apologize for the confusion.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

I swear, I leave you guys to your own devices for a few months and looks what happens. You fill up two more threads ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. Madness I say! Madness!

(Oh, and hi again everyone. I'm back for real this time.)

On a more related note, I can't be the only one who really enjoyed this chapter, can I? I mean, sure, it wasn't perfect. It was pretty obviously a transition chapter, and Stygius seemed to come pretty much out of nowhere. (Although maybe there's some backstory there we'll be getting later.) And sure, some people might get a bit squicked out by the more risque segments. (Although why people who are bothered by that are okay with reading a story about the technicolor pony post-apocalypse in the first place is beyond me.)

Aside from his out-of-nowhere appearance, I actually found Stygius pretty endearing. (This means that he's going to die horribly in the next chapter, of course. Along with Boo, Glory, and the last vestiges of my ability to feel joy.) The Batpony back story bit was pretty cool too.

In fact, all of the world-building bits were cool. Goldenblood getting some character development, the first appearance of Trottenheimer as something other than a melted skeleton, a closer look at Littlehorn, and Luna's transformation. (Holy crap, the zebras were right!) Even the geology lesson was cool. Meteor-Cthulhu killed the dinosaurs? Gemstones are their crystallized souls? Awesome. I even managed to sympathize with Goldenblood, if only for a moment.

If I had to pick out the thing I liked least about the chapter, (and I do, because I'm kind of a dick that way), it was the BJ/Stygius bits. Not because I'm necessarily opposed to a little flank spanking now and then, or even because BJ's cheating on Glory, which seemed completely in character (especially considering she was raised in 99) and will probably crop up later. Frankly, I just don't buy that she could get over what happened on the Seahorse that easily. I'm probably jumping to conclusions here, and Somber has something else up his sleeve, but I just don't like the idea that all it takes to fix that level of trauma is a pep-talk and some "exposure therapy".

All in all, it wasn't spectacular, but it certainly wasn't a screw-up by any measure, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

(Also hi Somber!)
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Kattlarv wrote:[Goldenblood]
Goldy isn't actually that charsimatic; he never makes a good first impression, he rarely manages to convince anypony of anything unless they're right on the balancing point of the decision... yes he's fairly intelligent and makes incredibly convoluted, long-term plans accounting for almost all available variables. But he got what power he has through care and work over the course of decades, and even with that he makes mistakes, he fails to account for details, and without his elaborate set-ups and his legion of minions he'd be completely powerless. He's definitely less of a Sue than Red Eye in any case.

In D&D terms, he's the guy who rolled a 14 Int, 11 Cha, and 3s in everything else, so he compensates for it with good roleplaying and a truly ridiculous amount of time formulating plans and contingencies.

Necr0maNceR wrote:If any of Lionheart's generation of Luna's guards were pegasai, they were likely altered physically by Luna's magic and turned into batponies as per the second batpony origin story...
Both origin stories were for the original Lunar Guard, before Nightmare Moon. It's possible that the batponies returned after Luna's return, but I got the impression from Styg that they'd been in isolation for much longer than the two hundred years since the apocalypse; they were fleeing genocide after NMM's banishment, and if batponies had reemerged into Equestrian society they would have been better known. It's canon in Fo:E that the royal Guard wore armor with uniform enchantments; Luna had traditionally had batpony guards before her banishment, so after her return if they couldn't be found (which makes perfect sense given that their lives depended on how well they could hide, and it had been a thousand years since they'd been seen) she would have designed the enchantment on her Guards' uniforms to match her old friends, assumed lost.

And yes, if you assume that the modern guard were true batponies, then the details of my explanation are no longer valid. They don't need to be individually rebuked.

As for the decay on Lionheart... it could be a variance in the spell due to the ghoulification process; we saw in Steelhooves, Twilight's mother, and Puppysmiles that Canterlot ghouls tend to fuse with their equipment on more than just a physcial level. Or it could be part of the uniform itself; if the cover didn't allow damage to show through that would sabotage any attempts and medical assistance to injured Guards, so it makes sense for the spell to allow injuries (and thus decay) to show through.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Kinda hope that Blackjack tries to eat Steel Rain's suit.
So. Much. Yes.

SilentCarto wrote:I should clarify that I am not actually talking about hoofball.
You have the best explanations.

I do believe that we've figured out one of the mysteries of the Hoof in the process of all of this though: Glory would never really have been up for the foursome with Littlepip and Homage.
Alas.

Quotidian wrote:I swear, I leave you guys to your own devices for a few months and looks what happens. You fill up two more threads ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. Madness I say! Madness!
Quotidian is back! Pinkie Pie
Is there anypony else we're missing? Or is the gang all here?

Unrelated note: I find it amusing how many people are talking about how Blackjack's upbringing is responsible for skewing her views on monogamy/polygamy and love/sex, while being completely secure in the teachings of their own upbringing on the subject.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Sindri wrote:
Quotidian is back! Pinkie Pie
Is there anypony else we're missing? Or is the gang all here?
I think we're still missing Admiral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 18, 2012 9:53 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:I think we're still missing Admiral.
...damnit. How did I miss that? Where is he? He was with us when we left the old comments, wasn't he?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Sindri wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:I think we're still missing Admiral.
...damnit. How did I miss that? Where is he? He was with us when we left the old comments, wasn't he?

I believe Admiral posted on the old comments just a day or so ago - along with all the other lost lambs who apparently can't read comments stating we moved. Spike
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Sindri wrote:
I just checked the old comments, looks like he never made the move.

Last edited by TheLastDefender on Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Sindri wrote:And yes, if you assume that the modern guard were true batponies, then the details of my explanation are no longer valid. They don't need to be individually rebuked.
Sorry Sindri, but canon's against you here.
Stygius wrote:Luna came back from the moon so we sent our strongest to be her guard, but keep families hidden away.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Sorry Sindri, but canon's against you here.
Derp.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm

WaffleSmart wrote:mfw everyone loves Stygius

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Kinda hope that Blackjack tries to eat Steel Rain's suit.

This would be the best. possible. thing.

Great. Now I'm as crazy as the rest of y'all. Soon as I get my laptop back from repairs I'll try to join the madness regularly.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Great. Now I'm as crazy as the rest of y'all. Soon as I get my laptop back from repairs I'll try to join the madness regularly.
It's not so bad to be crazy Crazy EMBRACE IT
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri May 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:
It's not so bad to be crazy [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 2113965524 EMBRACE IT

Wait, Nightmare Moon is crazy? Sounds like we've got an outbreak of...

/glasses

...Lunacy.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Quotidian wrote:
Nightmare Moon wrote:
It's not so bad to be crazy [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 2113965524 EMBRACE IT

Wait, Nightmare Moon is crazy? Sounds like we've got an outbreak of...

/glasses

...Lunacy.
I like this Brony, he understands Luna
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Wait... I just realized: You stopped your pony post script. Derpy Hooves
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Aonee wrote:
Nightmare Moon wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Wait... I just realized: You stopped your pony post script. Derpy Hooves
Yeah, some people didn't enjoy it as much as others, and being a mod technically I should set a good example for others Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri May 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Also, favorite character so far is Dealer. Strange that no one really mentions him when discussing characters they like/dislike.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 18, 2012 11:04 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Also, favorite character so far is Dealer. Strange that no one really mentions him when discussing characters they like/dislike.
I don't really like him, because he's the one that makes BJ start regretting killing bad ponies...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Wasn't Stygius' cutie mark a shield? I think it was mentioned to be that but I'm not sure.
my little drawings may be pathetic, but I can at least try to be accurate with my favorite character.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 18, 2012 11:42 pm

NoodleNugget wrote:Wasn't Stygius' cutie mark a shield? I think it was mentioned to be that but I'm not sure.
my little drawings may be pathetic, but I can at least try to be accurate with my favorite character.
"a strange heart-shaped gothic shield"
There you go.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 18, 2012 11:47 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:Wasn't Stygius' cutie mark a shield? I think it was mentioned to be that but I'm not sure.
"a strange heart-shaped gothic shield"
There you go.

Thank you!

Yay [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 1639762117 , I can trust my brain, if only a little. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 2113965524

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Has anybody else checked out "FOE: Anywhere but Here"? It looks to be starting out really well. Even though it did have a rather descriptive sex scene during the first chapter, it looks to be quite humorous and entertaining.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri May 18, 2012 11:51 pm

jacky2734 wrote:Has anybody else checked out "FOE: Anywhere but Here"? It looks to be starting out really well. Even though it did have a rather descriptive sex scene during the first chapter, it looks to be quite humorous and entertaining.
First I've heard of that one.

Currently other then PH I've only been following Heroes and Murky Number Seven. Kinda of a nice birthday surprise when I saw MNS had been updated today.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 18, 2012 11:51 pm

jacky2734 wrote:Has anybody else checked out "FOE: Anywhere but Here"? It looks to be starting out really well. Even though it did have a rather descriptive sex scene during the first chapter, it looks to be quite humorous and entertaining.

Was debating whether or not to give it a shot.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:

Currently other then PH I've only been following Heroes and Murky Number Seven. Kinda of a nice birthday surprise when I saw MNS had been updated today.
IT WAS!!!???!!!

HUZZAH! wait...that means I have another thing to read on my list...CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Oh, and Happy Birthday!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:

it's your birthday? happy birthday!

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Also, favorite character so far is Dealer. Strange that no one really mentions him when discussing characters they like/dislike.
He's definitely one of my favourite characters in PH.
Nightmare Moon wrote:
I don't really like him, because he's the one that makes BJ start regretting killing bad ponies...
That's one of the reason I like him.
For some reason I like the mysterious characters that keep telling you in the back of your head how you fucked up.

Last edited by Ormag_Necros on Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:

It's your birthday? Well happy birthday Moody.

Regarding FOE:Anywhere but Here I'll have to give that one a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Eeyups, and it'll still be my birthday for 7 more minutes for me cause that's when it becomes midnight.

And thank you! Kinda which Heroes updated today as well but I guess if I followed more stories I could have had more "birthday chapters" haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next