Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am

O. Hinds wrote:@SilentCarto:
Ah, thank you as always for the spotting. I've left the "ached in pain", though, as I don't think that it's a problem.
This is a little bit like saying "burned with heat" or "roared with sound". It's not technically incorrect, but it's an awkward and redundant phrasing. Is it possible to ache without pain?
It would be a nice place for a metaphor, though.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:*super-hugs Kippershy*
You always try so hard to make me feel better, but my problems are nothing compared to yours... I wish I could hug you and make everything better for you too.

-grabs and hugs you super tight-

I could go into detail about some of my problems, for a laugh - but really, my problems are all things I think nothing of any more.
Yes I have times where I can get very down, but usually I'm able to just deny myself those feelings before they arrive anyway so yeah, my problems aren't all that bad really. You shouldn't feel bad for my stuff =3

And it is completely true with each and every time I say it to you - you are absolutely wonderful. really. you are amazing =3
One day I will find a way to make you see it! I swear! haha.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 am

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:@SilentCarto:
Ah, thank you as always for the spotting. I've left the "ached in pain", though, as I don't think that it's a problem.
This is a little bit like saying "burned with heat" or "roared with sound". It's not technically incorrect, but it's an awkward and redundant phrasing. Is it possible to ache without pain?
It would be a nice place for a metaphor, though.
Hm... Well, even if there is a problem, I'm afraid that I've at present no ideas for fixing it. Perhaps one of the others will think of something, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 am

SilentCarto wrote:Is it possible to ache without pain?
Yes. <Filler> [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 521210696
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:18 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:That meant, "I suspect that "Mr. Shears" is searching for Project Eternity."

Please explain.

*slaps forehead*
I just figured it out.
Project Eternity is Rampage. If he is searching for it, she is just across the bar.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Can a body have general concussion? Or would it be concussive force? just a general nitpick.
I always assumed concussion was purely a head symptom as its caused by the brain hitting the inside of your skull.
The word has two different meanings. A shockwave is also called a concussion.

Kippershy wrote:Materiel is softer targets such as pallets of supply, equipment, radio comms... , machine can punch through light armour and was originally designed to be used against tanks.
Absolutely wrong. 'Materiel' is everything that's not 'personnel'.
Anti-Machine rifles do not exist in real life. They're called Anti-Materiel rifles.
Anti-Materiel rifles do not exist in FOE. They're called Anti-Machine rifles. Any reference to "Anti-Materiel" rifles is a mistake.

Ah, okay (On both matters), I'd never come across the use of concussion as in the force of a shockwave itself. Thanks for the lesson on that, hah.
And as for the rifle - I was mislead by someone within this group then! I could've sworn that's pretty much what someone else said a while back, perhaps even on these forums.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
@Kip
<3 mate, you take care of yourself.
NoodleNugget wrote:@kipper, you know that we're here if you need us.
Rboy474 wrote:@Kip *Bear Hugs* If ever you need help we all have
your back and I have a bottle a vodka and a truck with at full tank of
gas if you ever personally need us.

Thank you everyone - it really does mean a lot to me <3 like I keep saying, you're all wonderful people and I want you all to be as happy as you make me. Thank you.

ketchup504 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
These are my thoughts on that subject, sorta.
Spoiler:

First of all, you're included in the thanks, but also get a singular reply for a proper response.

I have no doubt that his loneliness is damaging to him. Loneliness is terrible and fucking sucks - but its still something that if you try to fix, you can without having to spend a lot (if any) money on.
He's not bad looking, he's not got standard learning problems (though I have to wonder if he has got social learning problems). he doesn't stink of a binbag at any point... but the one time he ever did even go on one date as of late, he messed it up by acting like a jealous ex the day after despite them not being together (one date does not = together).

I understand completely that pain is relative to your experiences and all that, but it's a bit insulting that he's claiming stress is getting to him when at the most, its loneliness... from his own actions.

His mistreatment and lack of respect for people pushes other people away and despite everyone telling him that he needs to be more tolerant and just let go of his frustration, he holds it more inside and acts like a child, storming off and throwing a tantrum/not speaking to anyone if he's the slightest bit upset.

It's just amazing that someone can say they hate people who act like they deserve life to be given to them on a platter yet... expects life to be given to him on a platter and throws a tantrum when it doesn't work out exactly how he wished.

but thank you for letting me vent all this out. I completely needed it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 am

NoodleNugget wrote:
swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:That meant, "I suspect that "Mr. Shears" is searching for Project Eternity."

Please explain.

*slaps forehead*
I just figured it out.
Project Eternity is Rampage. If he is searching for it, she is just across the bar.

swicked wrote:I KNOW Project Eternity is Rampage.

WHY does Silent think that's what Mr. Shears is searching for?
THAT is what I am asking.

This was confirmed when I was being stupid and Somber said so, for the record.
As for the whole Mr.S thing - it could still be about P.E
There's been no in-story reveal and its highly likely something to do with it, given Barbed Wire or whatever her name is.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 am

Why else would he be willing to go into a shithole like that if not for something as important as a project. hell, why would he know about ec-1101 if he wasnt looking for it.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:48 am

swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:

Why else would he be willing to go into a shithole like that if not for something as important as a project. hell, why would he know about ec-1101 if he wasnt looking for it.

Just tell me where we were told Project Eternity was being carried out within Hightower Prison. Or whatever the place was called.
I don't remember being told that.

Razorwire. the whole part about her being in there and then becoming a part of it some how.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 am

Kippershy wrote: stuffs
glad you're feeling better atleast

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 am

dear somber, if you write snips in as a survivor of the whole thing as a ghoulds, I will love you more intimately with my heart than I thought I would. Seeing as i am not sure if you;'re aware of my idea but... Snips surviving as a ghoul, well I called it long before this chapter came out... actually it was about a week before this was coming out and even approached couple of artists about an idea...and a friend, an old one, for Fluttershy after the Post epilogue of Fallout Equestria....

I mean I know I did not fully announce it and only shared it with Kibugami Kenzo and maybe mister mech... although i am not sure if he wants to touch it with a stick I mean who would like to include a ghould bg character which has yet to be touched, and you sir will have made everything complete, as a matter of fact you will have further confirmed my suspicions that I have some form oextra sensory gift which when I am impulsey and I act on it, then...I have a Pinkie Sense... not twitch a twitch but a more or less I do this here or go there and things go okay or my luck rating is really high...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 am

SCREW IT I WANT ATTENTION FOR THE IDEA...

bone of the father unknowingly given, flesh of or the servant willingly given and blood of the enemy forcibly taken... throw it in a cauldron with 42 different little ahem Horcruxes and sew them all together, as I recall a certain goddess did read the whole book and well it would be nice for someponyelse to come back, and if snips survives as a ghould without beng killed you've got the recipe right there... I mean discords taint was all forcibly taken, and if it were so rare after gardens would it not be so hard to think it was... taken out of Equestria as well as in it?

also when I type Ghould i mean Ghoul

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:21 am

swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:
swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:

Just tell me where we were told Project Eternity was being carried out within Hightower Prison. Or whatever the place was called.

Razorwire. the whole part about her being in there and then becoming a part of it some how.

Is that really it? Seems like a rather flimsy connection to me.
I would imagine Rampage was put together in a medical center. That's where they did Gorgon's fusion, plus Rampage has a super healing talisman, so yeah...
So what if two of her ponies are criminals? None of the others are and we've been given nothing to hint that they were all arrested and sent there.

ctually if you think about it, Sekashi when outside of the museum was in control of Rampage, she complained to Blackjack about being shot in the head, even if it would not kill her...

also that pink thingy that talisman would have rested in sekashi's heart too... and we saw her remains...

confused again... gotta go to be stupid tournament tomorrow at work... I really do think it is stupid

I'm not exactly knocking golf, but stupid is as stupid does.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:
swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:

I would imagine Rampage was put together in a medical center. That's where they did Gorgon's fusion, plus Rampage has a super healing talisman, so yeah...
So what if two of her ponies are criminals? None of the others are and we've been given nothing to hint that they were all arrested and sent there.

ctually if you think about it, Sekashi when outside of the museum was in control of Rampage, she complained to Blackjack about being shot in the head, even if it would not kill her...

also that pink thingy that talisman would have rested in sekashi's heart too... and we saw her remains...

confused again... gotta go to be stupid tournament tomorrow at work... I really do think it is stupid

not sekashi
shujaa
Speaking of which, Blackjack forgot to tell rampage about the zebra camp.

Last edited by NoodleNugget on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : little bit more)

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:15 am

swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:
swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:

Perhaps it was one of its stops? We already know it had previously been at the zebra camp, Hightower would be a prime location for test subjects. Hell, look at Deus, he's a prime example. Perhaps the project started there.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 am

swicked wrote:

Let's see... here's what I can glean about Eternity from a quick CTRL+F and what we know for sure:
-Project Eternity is Rampage
-Some technical aspects involved the Professor's expertise.
-"Eternity was a complete flop. Rarity micromanaged that project into the ground and wouldn’t let me get past setting her up at Hightower Jail" -the Professor re: Eternity (My guess is that she got shut out of it because Rarity didn't want her finding out about the Black Book)
-More quote: “It’s… it’s a new kind of magic. Or perhaps a very old kind. I’m not sure… but… I don’t trust it. I need to make certain it won’t hurt my friends,” she said softly, keeping her eyes on the water as it trickled over the edge and through that dark gap. “If it works, I can keep everypony safe forever.”
“You need test subjects,” Goldenblood murmured softly in his watery, rusty voice. Rarity flinched but then nodded. “Say no more. I’ll get you situated. We’ll call it…” He mused a moment as he stared at the rock before saying softly, “Project Eternity. After all, forever is a long time to keep a pony safe.” (Definitely the Black Book, then)
-Sanguine says it was "old news" by the time Horse assumed OIA directorship.
-The Cakes used their dying seconds to write "Project Eternity" on the wall.

From this, it does indeed look like the project was started at Hightower, and Snips was almost certainly involved with it since he was responsible for the final phase/end result of it (making the statuettes). However, this doesn't necessarily mean he's intending going back in after it specifically.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 am

It's 4:30 in the morning... but I... I actually managed to finish my commentary on the first day (as far as, "day" to me means "period of time between waking up and going back to sleep" ) after the story... for the first time in months...
Again, thank you so much to Somber and to Hinds, Snipe, and Bronode. You're all so wonderful for taking up so much of your time to provide this story for us. Thank you.

Chapter 45 Commentary:

Kippershy wrote:-grabs and hugs you super tight-
Well I worry that I'm just a parasite like your co-worker (maybe a harsh way to put it, but... it's 4:37 in the morning now, and I can't think of a better way to word it), that I really don't have anything to be rightly depressed about and I'm simply spoiled because... let's face it... I've got a pretty easy life, far better than I deserve to have.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hello, hello hello hello hello hello hello
hello hoell hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
helol
Please don't give Infermon anything to drink, Admiral.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 am

So I get sick, drop off the forums for a couple days. Recover, check email, see Somber online, say hi. Turns out a new chapter went up right after I left. And Somber has the gall to apologize to me. I’m telling you, there’s something wrong with that kid.

So, belated reaction time, followed by reading the past five pages of discussion.

Spoiler:
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirbuu Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 am

"shears" (snips) wants ec1101 because dealer is SNAILS. also any chance that the final unarmed ranger was a blank? explains the non reaction. and if the "boo loves cake" theory turns out to be real then a blank of similar genetics would definitely bypass shields
Kirbuu
Kirbuu
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 am

@Kim and Kipper
You realize that I need to ship you in my head now, right?

NoodleNugget wrote:Ghosts in suits of armor that walk around?

They also wouldn't happen to say "Hey! Who turned out the lights?" would they?
Ohdear.

still not happy about styg/shy *crosses arms and pouts*
[Boo]deal with it.[/Boo]

ScytoHarmony wrote:I don't think Rampage is his type...

...or gender.
Hey, she's partly male! Of course all the parts of her that we know the orientation of are either straight stallions or lesbians. Except maybe Razorwire?

O. Hinds wrote:...
Now I'm wondering what will happen when P-21 and Stygius meet.
I fully support this crack pairing.

swicked wrote:I always forget, what's the difference between anti-material and anti-machine?
Anti-materiel is a category of weapons (including very heavy rifles, most missiles and artillery shells, vehicular mines, breaching charges, etc.) intended for use against vehicles, armor, and fortifications rather than personnel. Anti-machine is a specific variety of rifle named in Kkat's story designed specifically for use against zebra robots.

Any anti-machine rifle is an anti-materiel weapon. The anti-materiel rifles used by the Seekers may or may not be the specific anti-machine weapons mentioned by Applejack; they could be lighter, heavier, use different ammo, whatever.

NoodleNugget wrote:This chapter, Blackjack basically told everyone else that she used Styggie for sex to help her get over her trauma
Meanwhile he used her to have sex. Because he wanted sex. With her. That was the whole reason he was there, right? It's not like she raped him, or even seduced him, she just gave in to his advances. That bitch.

Scootaloo

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:(shears and snips)
Oh, you're right. Makes perfect sense. But why?

Kippershy wrote:
Snuggles for all!

Mister Nikel wrote:Poor misguided Blackjack. That Vault really cheapened her sense of loyalty to lovers.
What are you talking about? She's completely loyal to Glory! All she did was have sex with a strange bat-pony; what's the big deal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Skin
That stuff isn't actually anywhere near as good as claimed. There was all sorts of hype about it being practically invulnerable, but in the actual testing it didn't do any better than the armor the military'd already been using; as a matter of fact the USAF terminated their contract and the Army demonstrated in several tests that the armor failed to meet its specifications under anything resembling combat conditions. Basically, the company looked at the standard test procedure and made something that would look great in a lab or on the news but failed as soon as it was heated (to temperatures lower than a normal summer), dropped, or gotten wet. For about half again the weight of comparable normal armor, it failed to meet even minimal protection requirements.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Kippershy wrote:-grabs and hugs you super tight-
I'm a silly ponyI'm a silly ponyI'm a silly pony. Also? I'm a silly pony

-grabs you and holds you and doesn't let go until you realise its okay-

You really are a silly pony. you may be depressed, but that's a mixture of chemical imbalance and habit.
You don't act anywhere near as spoilt, bratty or insufferable as he does.
A girl who he recently asked out, who is a mutual friend - and his old best friends ex, along with me, takes the piss out of him for being a miserable, grumpy, no life cunt. (behind his back as stress relief)

Not because we're evil, nasty people - but because like everyone else, we're sick and tired of him. Everyone is.
When he's in a good mood his humour is limited and he only cares about himself. He's only in a good mood 20% of the time.
When he's in a bad mood, for any reason, he'll take it out on EVERYONE around him by being a rude shitbag who ignores you no matter what - to everyone. everyone.

He has no hidden life, he literally just plays call of duty non stop when he's home and acts like the world owes him one huge favour for it.
He is arrogant and rude, uptight and without a sense of humour. He benefits no-one and does nothing good to make his mark.

Now, here's what makes all that information important;

You are nothing like him.
You are in no way like him at all.
You are liked if not loved by this whole community (I know I adore you to pieces). You do something creative and wonderful. You give back to those around you, even if its only a smile and a laugh - and to us, you give us your skill in drawing and your wonderful personality and humbleness.

I would take you into my home in a heartbeat if it came to it. I wouldn't even consider allowing him in even if it began to flood.
You bring something to the world, even if you have no job.
You have people who care about you, love you and admire you.
You may be depressed, but we're all here for you and if you need someone to talk to - like I say, I've attempted suicide eight times, though I'm stronger now then I was before - so I know every last little feeling and detail and I'm always always always there for you.

And I would never ask for anything back, nor would I ever need to, because you give it all back to us in your own ways.
My co-worker doesn't.

That's why you will never be the same as him.

Sindri wrote:@Kim and Kipper
You realize that I need to ship you in my head now, right?

Kippershy wrote:
Snuggles for all!

I'm okay with both of these things [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 2182320263
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 am

swicked wrote:
Please explain.
Well, we know the Eternity core talisman was created, or at least charged up, at Hightower. We know Snips was at the heart of Rarity's soul research. What would he be doing there on the Last Day, if not something related to Project Eternity?
And yeah, maybe, maybe he wanted to go back for Snails, but that doesn't seem like something that he would still be urgently trying to do 200 years later and requiring EC-1101 to accomplish. The only thing EC would be needed for is to unlock Eternity. To what end, I can't guess yet. It just seems ironic that Rampage is sitting in the same bar with him.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am

So - I know it sucks and I know it seems unrelated... but this is a second late birthday present for Somber.

In my original plan (in my head) there was a pine tree hanging off to the right on the left of the picture.
but I couldn't get it quite right.
Then I considered something easy like a beach ball, but as I even when to place the red spot to work from there on the picture, I noticed something...

It doesn't need it. it's great (in a my shitty at art way) as it is because how simple it is, how true to itself it is.
And that's how Somber is.

He's an amazing guy who tries his best to impress us each and every time, he does what he can and tries anything to make himself better - but he doesn't need to.
because in the end, all the things that aren't him fall off and turn to dust, only leaving us with his true effort, who he really is.

We're left with his true essence, and we love it more then any artificial add on.

The original intention of the picture was to show how he makes me feel inside, and it still does touch on that in one way (I couldn't show it with a single picture) but now that second meaning has come along, I like it even more for it.

So without delay; my shitty art.
Speed-paint done within... 10 minutes, I think. maybe 15.
Not because he's not good enough for anything longer then that, but because that's the only style that hides how shit I am. lol.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 pm

swicked wrote:Is that really it? Seems like a rather flimsy connection to me.
The first mentions of Hightower Prison were in relation to Rarity using prisoners in dangerous magical experiments. They were used in all her soul experiments, not just the creation of the Eternity core; that was the end goal, but there was a lot of research to do first. Razorwire mentioned that ponies sent to "the Attic" never came back, so it clearly wasn't just a couple of times.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Kippershy wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Absolutely wrong. 'Materiel' is everything that's not 'personnel'.
Anti-Machine rifles do not exist in real life. They're called Anti-Materiel rifles.
Anti-Materiel rifles do not exist in FOE. They're called Anti-Machine rifles. Any reference to "Anti-Materiel" rifles is a mistake.
I was mislead by someone within this group then! I could've sworn that's pretty much what someone else said a while back, perhaps even on these forums.
Yeah, I know -- I'm sorry to be so forceful about it, it's not really directed solely at you. This keeps coming up and bugging the hell out of me.
Because someone is wrong on the internet!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Absolutely wrong. 'Materiel' is everything that's not 'personnel'.
I was mislead by someone within this group then! I could've sworn that's pretty much what someone else said a while back, perhaps even on these forums.
Yeah, I know -- I'm sorry to be so forceful about it, it's not really directed solely at you. This keeps coming up and bugging the hell out of me.
Because someone is wrong on the internet!

nah, that's fine! and I remember now it was over on EQD, still, where it was is unimportant.
interesting to find out the truth though.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Actually if you think about it, [Shujaa] when outside of the museum was in control of Rampage, she complained to Blackjack about being shot in the head, even if it would not kill her...
also that pink thingy that talisman would have rested in [Shujaa]'s heart too... and we saw her remains...
Yeah, I have some theories based on that. Shujaa clearly had the Eternity talisman significantly before the Last Day, and she was herself, not some mix of Shujaa and all the other souls inside. Then, during their scouting mission near Brimstone's Fall (Shujaa's last memory) something bad happened -- it sounds like Twist was fatally shot.
My theory is that, somehow, Shujaa was able to shut off the talisman's regeneration function and implant it into Twist, using the helaing talisman's basic function to save her life without giving her full Eternity regeneration. We have photos of Twist in the hospital looking dour, which is probably right after that -- healed just enough to get back to friendly territory or survive until rescue arrived. Shujaa's body was recovered, undamaged but dead. Possibly that's because the body was technically alive but soulless after the transfer, so when Twist woke up she fed Shujaa a bunch of healing potions that fixed the damage, but she wouldn't wake up because there was nopony home. The body eventually died and was sent to Yellow River to figure out how the immortal Proditor could die, on the assumption that something went wrong with the talisman, but they couldn't find it -- because, unbeknownst even to herself, Twist had it.
In the last photo, Twist driving a tank, she has a dead look in her eyes. She's lost everything. It sounds like she survived the Last Day, but that was the last straw. She crawled into Miramare Crater with her photos and waited for the radiation to kill her. But she didn't die. Since the Eternity talisman was in 'absorb' mode, it consumed her soul and added it to the mix.
After that, there's a gap. Somehow the talisman got switched back into 'regenerate' mode and created the new body we know as Rampage. Somehow, the addition of Twist scrambled the system so that Shujaa was no longer in command. I don't know whether the tank was just in the way the first time she regenerated, or if she was up and active while the souls sorted themselves out and the Rampage personality emerged, and the tank fell on her at a later date. Either way, though, the Rampage personality's first memory is being found by the ghouls in the crater.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Sindri wrote:Meanwhile he used her to have sex. Because he wanted sex. With her. That was the whole reason he was there, right? It's not like she raped him, or even seduced him, she just gave in to his advances. That bitch.
Yes, thank you! I sure don't see Stygilicious giving Psycho any form of brush-off in favor of BJ. I think he's okay with this.

Sindri wrote:I really hope that Styggie’s shadow jaunting works in a fundamentally different way from normal teleportation. Getting him out of an interrogation cell because he crossed some invisible line would be a bitch even without the radiation and enervation.
Well, he was teleporting into the processing building, not the prison proper. But yeah, if he comes along -- which I doubt he will -- he'll need to be careful not to teleport.
Still, I suspect that Styg and Psycho are going to have a nice date night instead while BJ raids the prison. It's just too hot in there for standard mortals. I'm worried about even letting Lac accompany them... all the radiation in the world won't help if she loses her soul in the process. (Assuming she still has her soul, and didn't go and plug it into BJ at some point...)
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't think his teleport is the same as Lacunae's teleport.
Lacunae imagines a point, envisions it, and uses magic to go to it.
Styg travels within the shadows within an instant.
he doesn't teleport as such as he just moves "as fast as light" through the darkness.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Kippershy wrote:I don't think his teleport is the same as Lacunae's teleport.
Lacunae imagines a point, envisions it, and uses magic to go to it.
Styg travels within the shadows within an instant.
he doesn't teleport as such as he just moves "as fast as light" through the darkness.
Styg moved through a solid window to enter the processing building. He doesn't have the range of Lacunae, and I think he needs to see his destination, but it's still a form of teleportation, not a 'flash step' type of power.
Anyway, he doesn't have to fly into a shadow to do it or anything. He just poofs out in a cloud of darkness and reappears in another one.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next