Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:53 am

Katarn wrote:Meanwhile in russia
Full news
1/5 Putins, would not Putin again.
Putin rating scale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RkFggCicM
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 pm

@Iron Sorry to hear that and glad you're seeking help.

In completely unrelated news I started playing MH3U again. This game is so much better when you pick a melee weapon. it's really satisfying to confront a monster that beats your ass the first time around and then return with the knowledge you learned from the first encounter and not even have to use one potion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Man, I've been looking everywhere online to watch Edge of Tomorrow
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Meet the Asshole
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Is there a distinction between transgender and transexual? I'm honestly asking here. I'm not trying to be a dick hole or anything like that, it's just that I'm confused. If I were to guess the difference (If there is one) just at the names I'd guess that just as an example a transgender person would want to keep their body as it is but would want to have long hair, make up and a dress or short hair a lack of make up and a suit.

While a transexual would want the surgery to change their genitals so they more closely resembled the genitals of the desired sex along with the rest of their body.

Is this accurate? Or am I way off? I could loook this up myself I suppose but we have two Trans(gender/sexual)? Sorry. I don't remember. And well I think it'd be best to ask directly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:17 pm

@Kentucky
Hopefully it doesn't get anywhere; it probably shouldn't, and is just a political ploy to gain the guy more votes of Bible Belt nutters, but you never know. If it passes, I'd say it's an easy notch on the belt for most judges, though. (I wonder if they keep score like that? Have a wall of legislation that they've shot down, with the documents mounted and a plaque and stuff.)

In non-news, it's still fackin' snowing here. Good thing I've been splitting firewood! Now we totally won't freeze to death if we lose power for a few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Having read that article I agree that the 2500$ bounty is just asking to be abused. I haven't read the senators words directly so maybe this guy is known for hating transgender and transsexual people. Maybe that's all there is to this, but you have to consider that some students (Male or Female) might try and take advantage of a choose your own bathroom/locker room situation.

Do you guys really think that a horny teenager wouldn't lie about being trangender so he/she can get into the opposite sexes bathroom/locker room? Unless there is a foolproof test that says conclusively whether someone is or not that would be abused as well.

In completely unrelated news I got a new pitbull puppy. Turns out while the local shelter won't adopt them out you can have a rescue group pick them up and bring them to you for no charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:46 pm

@Last: the way I understand it, the word "transgender" is a more recent take on the concept behind "transexual", worded so as to detach the notion of Gender from that of Sex and Sexuality.

Or, as some put it, "Transexuality is not a sexuality".

But that just my admittedly limited understanding of the thing. I haven't done all my research yet, and am only going from what I remember.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Also, today I found a treasure trove of Lesbians.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Last wrote:Having read that article I agree that the 2500$ bounty is just asking to be abused. I haven't read the senators words directly so maybe this guy is known for hating transgender and transsexual people. Maybe that's all there is to this, but you have to consider that some students (Male or Female) might try and take advantage of a choose your own bathroom/locker room situation.

Do you guys really think that a horny teenager wouldn't lie about being trangender so he/she can get into the opposite sexes bathroom/locker room? Unless there is a foolproof test that says conclusively whether someone is or not that would be abused as well.
Considering that this lawmaker's sort of attitude is what transgender students already face when they come out, some part of me tends to think that not a lot of people are tripping over themselves to willingly and un-"deserve"-edly take that upon themselves for the chance to maybe glimpse something the Internet will give them in abundance.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Here's the thing Frost if you're not something then I wouldn't think the negative consequences of being that would effect you as much. For instance being called a racial slur when you're not that race probably doesn't bother you at all.

And it's not just oh they might see a dick or some tits, if you think that would be the extent of it then you know you're being willfully ignorant. We don't need any more seasons of teen mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Last wrote:Here's the thing Frost if you're not something then I wouldn't think the negative consequences of being that would effect you as much. For instance being called a racial slur when you're not that race probably doesn't bother you at all.
A gang of redneck bullies' fists are gonna feel the same if you're really trans or pretending, bruh.
Last wrote:And it's not just oh they might see a dick or some tits, if you think that would be the extent of it then you know you're being willfully ignorant. We don't need any more seasons of teen mom.
Bruh.

Bruh......

Just......

Bruh.

Sex has always and will always happen among teenagers, and I'm pretty fucking certain it's not exactly an epidemic of it being among strangers in the bathrooms. They would, like, go home and do that shit. These honestly sound like the hilariously weak arguments that the lawmaker would have actually put out to try and justify the law.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:30 pm

@Last
You'd be surprised at how few people would actually want to go through with that; not to mention that there're pretty easy ways to get around teens lying, like, for instance, requiring a note from a legal guardian (yes, this doesn't work with kids who aren't out to their parents, but said kids will not be able to be out to their school district, either, so it's moot), and also not to mention that homosexual and bisexual kids already get to be in the locker rooms of people they're attracted to. Plus, with the amount of prejudice against trans folk right now, a teen would have to be a very special kind of stupid to fake it just to be able to change clothing in front of people the opposite of his/her gender. Because that's not private information, they're not getting a peepshow or something; word will spread. And, of course, sexual harassment claims can still be made, just as they would against anyone being a creep in the lockers. There are no new issues created, IMO; some existing issues might be highlighted, but we already have things in place to deal with 'em, anyway.

Furthermore, the negative consequences for being trans include not just being called a tranny, but being beaten up, ostracized, and murdered. These things tend to affect people on fairly equal levels; if I am murdered over a hilarious misunderstanding, I am still pretty killed (unless I am the Drowned God, for what is dead may never die). I can also guarantee that you will not see girls and boys flocking to fuck the fake transexual who has found his or her way into their lockers (and there are much easier, better places to fuck than a gross locker room filled with other people). If you're talking rape, I must point out again that we've already got people sexually attracted to other people changing in these places, and that we already have systems in place to punish people who commit crimes like that. Not to mention that, again, locker rooms would not be the ideal place to assault someone, compared to pretty much anywhere secluded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Also, today I found a treasure trove of Lesbians.
Also in the lesbians department is Cross Ange, but more along the lines of an All-female Penal Legion. First episodes are quite good, still on the fence about the second half. Content warning for the first two episodes for on-screen abuse.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:33 pm

In other good news...

[appropriate soundtrack]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Also in the lesbians department is Cross Ange, but more along the lines of an All-female Penal Legion. First episodes are quite good, still on the fence about the second half. Content warning for the first two episodes for on-screen abuse.
Too bad Crunchyroll doesn't have the licensing rights in France for that one, but I take note.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:42 pm

On the other hand, I see they have the rights for Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Well, I guess I don't have an excuse anymore for not trying to watch it.

Apart, of course, from being busy with other things...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:47 pm

@Harmony
Being busy is never an excuse to not binge-watch a television show. Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
Too bad Crunchyroll doesn't have the licensing rights in France for that one, but I take note.
You should install the browser extension Hola to get around region restrictions if you don't mind an increase in loading times. There's also the standard array of illegal video sites if you don't mind those places.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Harmony
Being busy is never an excuse to not binge-watch a television show. Twilight Sparkle
Heck, being busy with other things is usually the reason why I binge watch shows... Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Personally, I don't think allowing trans kids to shower with other peoples children solves the beating or murder issue and most abuse regardless of who suffers it is verbal*. And if "It happens anyway" is your only argument for allowing anyone who claims to be trans to use the bathroom and locker rooms of the opposite sex then I guess it's time we pass out free blunts and guns to anyone who wants them because "Everyone does it" and the "criminals will get their hands on them anyway".

@OAC Biexuals and Homosexuals in the bathrooms and the locker rooms is very different for many reasons. But primarily no one knows your sexuality except the people you tell, a penis or vagina can be seen by anyone and is documented from the moment your born.

*I don't need the statistics. I know the rate is abnormally high, but it's false to suggest that abuse starts with beatings and murder. And most people don't beat or murder especially not on school grounds. A trans person would most likely suffer mostlyverbal abuse on school grounds. Which is the only context I was referring to. Though that was bad on my part, it's false to suggest news of a "boy" showering with the girls wouldn't spread to the parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm

@ Last: maybe it's because it's past midnight here, but I have a hard time understanding what is the point you're trying to get at.

I'm pretty sure I must be misunderstanding something, because what I get right now is "fuck what you identify as and what verbal abuse you might receive, penises belong in the penis room and vaginas in the vagina room."

I -think- I'm misunderstanding you there. Well, I hope so.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Yes you are misunderstanding me. Personally, I don't give two rats asses about what bathrooms people want to use. I care about people possibly abusing a system for less than good reasons.

Personally I think we should just have unisex single stall bathrooms. Then if a teacher simply sees two people going into a bathroom together then they can step in. Then anyone can use whatever bathroom they want and no one has to worry about any of this. Probably too expensive a solution though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 pm

It's pointed out (and sourced) in the article that districts that already let transgendered people use their gender-preference bathrooms have....zero issues with assault or harassment.

The issue isn't solely the bathrooms, either. Schools can face a $2500 fine for letting students go to the bathroom that they feel comfortable using while any students that experience the "trauma" of seeing a trans-person in their native bathroom can also claim $2500. And it's an 'emergency' law.

But, yeah, I'm really not seeing the point you're trying to make other than that the only way to prevent sexual harassment and other violations of law is to take rights away from the law-abiding students; the same logic that leads to gun-free zones wherein only the criminal are armed (though I feel like I'm poking the hornet's nest bringing up guns, even on a forum wherein most, to my knowledge, support their ownership)

This bill is directly tied to one concerning the bullying of LGBT students--what the laws are saying, essentially, is that gay and (especially) transgender students aren't welcome, accepted, or even lawfully protected from discrimination and harassment by their peers and school districts can be punished for attempting to do so.

Wait; wasn't this on an episode of South Park?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Last wrote:Personally, I don't think allowing trans kids to shower with other peoples children solves the beating or murder issue and most abuse regardless of who suffers it is verbal*. And if "It happens anyway" is your only argument for allowing anyone who claims to be trans to use the bathroom and locker rooms of the opposite sex then I guess it's time we pass out free blunts and guns to anyone who wants them because "Everyone does it" and the "criminals will get their hands on them anyway".

@OAC Biexuals and Homosexuals in the bathrooms and the locker rooms is very different for many reasons. But primarily no one knows your sexuality except the people you tell, a penis or vagina can be seen by anyone and is documented from the moment your born.

*I don't need the statistics. I know the rate is abnormally high, but it's false to suggest that abuse starts with beatings and murder. And most people don't beat or murder especially not on school grounds. A trans person would most likely suffer mostlyverbal abuse on school grounds. Which is the only context I was referring to. Though that was bad on my part, it's false to suggest news of a "boy" showering with the girls wouldn't spread to the parents.
I had a response to all this but I pressed the kill button on the tab because I'm horrifyingly decaffeinated and my fingers are uncooperative. Anyway, if we're primarily worried about abuse of a system, then we should first ban alcohol, cars, and the nighttime, all of which are far more associated with sexual assault and rape than letting trans people use their preferred locker rooms. And if we try to ban the night, we'll have issues with Luna and vampires and stuff, so, uh, let's not. The reason we're at all caught up on this isn't because the situation is terribly ripe for abuse, it's because it's not what we already have and therefore people are frightened and focused on the unlikelihoods that they completely ignore with stuff that's already in place. Stuff like the nighttime.

Think about it like travelling on a plane. Some people, mostly those who haven't flown, are scared of planes. They know planes can crash. Therefore, they only take trains for long-distance trips. What they ignore is that the cars they use everyday are far, far more deadly; but it's their familiarity that makes them seem safe, whereas the new, worrying planes seem like they're an incident waiting to happen. Why change their patterns when there's an inherent risk involved? If the risk is non-zero, then it's still gambling with your life! But looking at it closely, you can see that pilots are extensively vetted and trained, that crashes (when they do happen) are heavily investigated to ensure they don't happen again, that incidents are statistically negligible and moreover you expose yourself to far greater dangers with everyday activities that you'd never consider giving up. Like the nighttime.

In conclusion, Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:07 pm

But if we get rid of the nighttime, the stars shall never be right and we will be saved from what is not dead and now eternal lies.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:27 pm

@Frost
Talking of, you ever heard of Chick tracts? Apparently they have a website now, so you can peruse their special brand of holiness. If you haven't before, read a few. Then: here's my favorite parody.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:56 pm

lastbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Look, alright let's assume nothing bad at all ever happens from this. I already from the beginning disagreed with the2500$ reward I said "I can see nothing but negative consequences".

Here, how about this. If your transgender or tansexual the school talks to your parents about it. That way chances are no one claiming to be transexual or transgender is lying about it. I'd be happy with that, would you guys agree?

Just to be clear here I'm not trying to be a dick head when I say guys. If everyone here was a woman I would still say guys, pretty sure it's gender neutral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 pm

@Cobalt: I grew up in a super-Protestant psycho-church, son. I remember being given Chick Tracts to read and distribute in an entirely un-ironic fashion. 

@Last: I still think you're seeing an issue where there is none. Schools that allow transgendered students haven't had any issues with harassment or assault, and, should issues arise, conventional reporting methods will suffice. The more attention is drawn via regulations and parent-school conferences to the issue, the more it hurts the plight of students who are already discriminated against for being transgendered--especially since you're implicitly accusing people who are already seen as 'creepy' and weird by a fair set of the population of being rapey, creepy molesters. 

The issue isnt a target for abuse because, as has been brought up, the bulk of transgendered people stay in the closet--pretty much no one is going to claim that whole barrel of issues just to maybe get to see/grab some tits'n'butts'n'stuff
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:26 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost
Talking of, you ever heard of Chick tracts? Apparently they have a website now, so you can peruse their special brand of holiness. If you haven't before, read a few. Then: here's my favorite parody.
Well, I don't think it's quite that bad. Bast is an Elder Goddess, isn't she? And, even besides that, I've heard some... less-than-usually-unpleasant, at least, things about Shub-Niggurath. There's not no hope. Oh, and of course it doesn't point of the strategy of just being ready to kill his family if the Old Ones arise in their lifetimes and enjoying life in the meantime.
...Which is actually kind of brilliant, really; as Chick Tracts are radical and biased Christianity, so too is this a radical and biased presentation of its belief structure!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next