Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:01 pm

I think I meant bemused

be·muse
bəˈmyo͞oz/
verb
puzzle, confuse, or bewilder (someone).
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:all the others are waiting for her and Shy

Don't forget Rarity, most of her soul is still trapped.
But at least there was enough of her for her to have a star.

Vinylshadow wrote:I'm still amused by the fact it's RARITY'S soul that's in the figurines, yet it's been shown that mentally, they've all shown the images of the pony they represent (Pinkie's figure being Pinkie Pie).

By mentally, I mean when LP and BJ have those "the little pink earth pony/purple unicorn/etc pointed out something" moments.

But wouldn't that require the corresponding soul to inhabit the figure?
Although it's pieces of her soul in the figurines, she had gotten soul imprints of her friends, and used those to overwrite her own pattern with theirs.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I'm still amused by the fact it's RARITY'S soul that's in the figurines, yet it's been shown that mentally, they've all shown the images of the pony they represent (Pinkie's figure being Pinkie Pie).

By mentally, I mean when LP and BJ have those "the little pink earth pony/purple unicorn/etc pointed out something" moments.

If you recall, when BJ was under the effects of moonstone (ch. 64), the head-ponies looked like recolored Rarities.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:02 am

SilentCarto wrote:Dash is functionally immortal...
Had questions about this but moved them to the setting thread.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:19 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:all the others are waiting for her and Shy

Don't forget Rarity, most of her soul is still trapped.
But at least there was enough of her for her to have a star.

Yes, conveniently enough for Rarity a 43rd of a soul is enough to create a star.

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:51 am

Sorry things are taking so long with the next chapter.  It's an utter pain, and this time the problem is all me, not the universe screwing me.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 am

SilentCarto wrote:If you recall, when BJ was under the effects of moonstone (ch. 64), the head-ponies looked like recolored Rarities.

Just like 15% of original characters...

Icy Shake wrote:

Although it's pieces of her soul in the figurines, she had gotten soul imprints of her friends, and used those to overwrite her own pattern with theirs.

Ahh

Really need to get around to rereading PH, but there's so many other great fanfics I'm perusing at the moment on top of that...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Fret not, Somber. I suspect it will be judged worth the wait.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Somber wrote:Sorry things are taking so long with the next chapter.  It's an utter pain, and this time the problem is all me, not the universe screwing me.

I'm afraid that you have become the universe. The screwing shall last forever! Luna
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Remember, break it down into little bits so it's not overwhelming. Just out of curiosity, what does Somber use to write? yWriter? That Mac program with the index cards? I use yWriter. It's easy to chop things up into manageable chunks. I could only imagine how massive Project Horizons would be just using a word editor.  I can not function any more without yWriter5 but I'm always looking for the newest, hottest thing.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Okay, mission from Somber! What ought Blackjack's IF-88 to be named? It hadn't occurred to me that it wasn't named Ayup (which I still favor), but Somber apparently didn't intend that as the name. When the question arose, it was decided to open it up to the forum's decision. Close of voting is whenever Somber feels like it. Good luck!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:29 pm

A (semi-)serious offer.
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I think given BJ's other named weapons, Vigilance, Duty, Sacrifice, etc, and given Big Mac's characterization I think "Guardian" might be a good name while fitting the theme of the rest of the weapons.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Just remembered this poster. "Perseverance" sounds good, doesn't it?
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:03 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Okay, mission from Somber!  What ought Blackjack's IF-88 to be named?  It hadn't occurred to me that it wasn't named Ayup (which I still favor), but Somber apparently didn't intend that as the name.  When the question arose, it was decided to open it up to the forum's decision.  Close of voting is whenever Somber feels like it.  Good luck!
-Memories
-Unbroken
-Resolution
-Mine's Bigger
-Suck it, Steel Rain
-Citizen's Arrest
-Eye Tentacle Penis
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:36 pm

I think that ideally it would reflect a goal or motivation like many of the other named weapons from that era. Duty and sacrifice, and the guilt over his class's failure to uphold them, were the reasons Vanity joined the army. Doof wanted to be taken seriously, and one of his problems was that violence was his only means of persuasion. Sniping was both Psalm's sin (even before Shattered Hoof Ridge) and her penance. As the head of security, vigilance was characteristic of the role Card Trick and her line were expected to plan in helping to bring the ponies of Stable 99 safely through to the future.
Big Macintosh's reason for joining up was pretty basic, to protect his country
Big Macintosh, to Cupcake on whether Equestria can win with soldiers like the new recruits wrote:If ya’ll don’t mind my sayin’ so, Equestria’s a lot more than its soldiers.  Every single one of us loves this country.  Sure, none of us are like your guards.  I’d like to be in the south acre right now.  But Equestria needs me to fight for this land more than it needs me harvestin’ apples.  So I’ll learn whatever I need to to do it.  The south acre will be there when I’m done.
and the major thing he offered was predictable, calm stability even in the heat of battle
From the first memory orb Blackjack saw of the Marauders wrote:And the foundation of that rock wasn’t the hill itself or the fortifications.  It was Big Macintosh.  He moved constantly but did not retreat or hide behind cover.  He never swore or shouted at the enemies fighting their way up.  With the rifle he fired precise and disciplined bursts of fire.  When the enemy came too close, the shotgun would come into play with a deadly barrage of shells.  Some zebras, running more swiftly than I thought physically possible, attempted to attack him with their bare hooves!  Yet Big Macintosh remained atop that hill and took them down with awe-inspiring discipline and courage.  Some ponies were wounded.  Some ponies died.  But while Big Macintosh stood, they would not break, even as the zebra line crawled closer and closer to their fortifications.
and in the end he died, not to try to win a battle or a war, but to save a pony who didn't deserve to die
Hoss's journal entry on the death of Big Macintosh wrote:Big Macintosh wasn’t a hero for saving Celestia.  He was a hero because he’d have tried to save anypony who didn’t deserve to die.

So in all seriousness, I think you could do a whole lot worse than Security. Because it's what he wanted, it's what he gave those around him, it's what he died for, and even if the motto didn't exist at the time, Security Saves Ponies. It would also make for one motherfucker of a reveal, and be a reminder of/connection to how Blackjack isn't just Twilight's great^n granddaughter, but his as well, since (let's be honest) the story has, for very good plot reasons and Blackjack's magic-use development, focused much more on Twilight as her ancestor than Big Macintosh.

"Guardian," per Downloaded Skill, would also be good, but I think doesn't fit with the others as well because a guardian is a person or substantial thing, rather than a concept like the rest.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

decumos wrote:Just remembered this poster. "Perseverance" sounds good, doesn't it?
I second this idea.  (It's the only suggestion so far that seems to match the other weapon names)

Edit: Didn't notice the next page, I also second Icy Shake's post. The only qualm I have with Security is that I think the other weapons were named by their previous bearers, so it should be the same way with the shotgun. That's assuming we can feign Blackjack not having noticed an engraving on the shotgun, edit the last chapter or have her learn about it some other way.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Dekshuduph wrote:
decumos wrote:Just remembered this poster. "Perseverance" sounds good, doesn't it?
I second this idea.  (It's the only suggestion so far that seems to match the other weapon names)

Edit:  Didn't notice the next page, I also second Icy Shake's post.  The only qualm I have with Security is that I think the other weapons were named by their previous bearers, so it should be the same way with the shotgun.  That's assuming we can feign Blackjack not having noticed an engraving on the shotgun, edit the last chapter or have her learn about it some other way.
Interestingly, perhaps, I feel just the opposite (not about the mechanics of the name reveal—that is an issue I wasn't particularly thinking of): Perseverance is probably one of the best names possible . . . for Blackjack to give to a gun (if she's being serious rather than playful or silly at the time) (and I was assuming that the name was one given by Big Mac, prompted I think by O. Hind's post with AeupAyup). I think that perseverance was more her thing than Big Mac's, and if he got the Ironpony towards the end of his life, he may already have been thinking about leaving the army after his tour of duty wrapped up. Granted, I suppose it could work in the sense that he just needed to persevere through the end of it, plus his one last mission, but I do think it would be more appropriate for someone who wanted to be reminded of their intention to push through to the end of the war, come hell or high water, regardless of—or for the sake of—who and what they had waiting for them on the home front.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Ah, sorry about the confusion; it seems I forgot to mention something: yes, unless we edit an earlier chapter or the name is Ayup, Blackack would be the one doing the naming. I'm not sure if editing the earlier chapter is on the table, but, given that it would be changing one word, it presumably would be if Somber liked the prospective name enough. The default is that Blackjack gives it any non-Ayup name, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Boomstick, because Blackjack is the ponification of Ash Williams.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:04 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, sorry about the confusion; it seems I forgot to mention something: yes, unless we edit an earlier chapter or the name is Ayup, Blackack would be the one doing the naming.  I'm not sure if editing the earlier chapter is on the table, but, given that it would be changing one word, it presumably would be if Somber liked the prospective name enough.  The default is that Blackjack gives it any non-Ayup name, though.
So it seems Icy's big reasoning spiel is for naught, if this is the case. Ah well.

Hey, if there comes to be multiple suggestions and we can't all agree on one, would you do the honors of making a poll? I know it probably goes without saying, but I would hate for Somber to pick a suggestion that the majority disliked.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:09 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, sorry about the confusion; it seems I forgot to mention something: yes, unless we edit an earlier chapter or the name is Ayup, Blackack would be the one doing the naming.  I'm not sure if editing the earlier chapter is on the table, but, given that it would be changing one word, it presumably would be if Somber liked the prospective name enough.  The default is that Blackjack gives it any non-Ayup name, though.
:(
Oh well. Glad it'll be (re-)named, though, because although I can see where Ayup's coming from—Macintosh is an uncomplicated, humble character and that fits him well—and it works individually, and I could even see breaking the cycle for that because of it, but I just don't really want to read narration with stuff like "I fired Ayup" or "I was running out of ammo for Ayup."

CD wrote:Boomstick, because Blackjack is the ponification of Ash Williams.
Already done with an IF-84 Stampede riot shotgun in 65.

So yeah, one of the things I was thinking after I started on the line of thought that led to "Security," but before I think I got around to the battle scene quotation, was "Okay, it can't be too close to Vigilance. And his whole this was protecting ponies, I mean, I'd like to work the Hoss thing in somehow. But there's no way I'm suggesting Big Macintosh name a gun 'Protection'!"
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:13 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Okay, mission from Somber!  What ought Blackjack's IF-88 to be named?  It hadn't occurred to me that it wasn't named Ayup (which I still favor), but Somber apparently didn't intend that as the name.  When the question arose, it was decided to open it up to the forum's decision.  Close of voting is whenever Somber feels like it.  Good luck!
I like Valikdu's suggestion of Victory.

However, Mac seems like a simple, sentimental type. So I'm going to suggest Miss Maripony. Granted, it's maybe more of a fighter plane name than a gun name.

Edit:
O. Hinds wrote:Ah, sorry about the confusion; it seems I forgot to mention something: yes, unless we edit an earlier chapter or the name is Ayup, Blackack would be the one doing the naming.
Oh! Well. Um. In that case I'm just going to second Valikdu. It's her alleged talent, after all.

I don't like "Ayup" at all (or my preferred spelling, "Eeyup".) It seems to suggest Mac isn't thoughtful at all and just named it after that thing he says a lot.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:44 am

...I kind of like "Victory", actually.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:06 am

I thought "Perseverance" sounded good, especially given PH's reoccurring theme of "get up and do it again." However, just to throw it out there, I thought "Diligence" sounded good too, because Blackjack is "Security", the defender of those who can't defend themselves.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Macintosh's locker. wrote:I brought up the locker of Big Macintosh.
Password Clue: Where the heart is.
... Is it weird that I kind of want it to be called "Heartbreaker"?

At the Lockers in Chapter 70 wrote:The locker clicked open. Inside was a large black case with a note on the top. I leaned over and read it. Thought you should have the prototype, Cupcake, since it was made for him. Sadly, anti-machine rifles are more effective against zebra robots and infantry. Might roll out a model for power armor. Hope you can use it to inspire others to follow in his hoof steps. Braeburn.
Or, you know... it would be terribly embarrasing to be killed by "Cupcake" XD

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Stramash Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Hey folks been donkeys since I last commented =)

Hmm... I like Perseverance most out of whats been suggested so far.

Personally I think "Steadfast" "Endeavor" or "Hope" would be symbolic of the story. However...something humorous would certainly be in line with her character.

anyway thats my two bits on the matter.
Keep up the good work nearly there now=)

Captain Stramash
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Captain Stramash wrote:However...something humorous would certainly be in line with her character.

I for one believe that giving a humorous name for her gun at this point, when the story is so close to its conclusion, would be extremely anticlimactic. This weapon could be the one that kills the last standing bad guy, thus it must have a serious and symbolic name.
That is why I also don't like variants like "Ayup".
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:02 pm

There are lots of good potential names there. For reference, I'll list all of the names here for everyone:
-Victory (Valikdu)
-Guardian (Downloaded Skill)
-Perseverance (Decumos)
-Memories (Scienza)
-Unbroken (Scienza)
-Resolution (Scienza)
-Mine's Bigger (Scienza)
-Suck it, Steel Rain (Scienza)
-Citizen's Arrest (Scienza)
-Eye Tentacle Penis (Scienza)
-Boomstick (CD)
-Diligence (Silver136)
-Heartbreaker (Luminous Lead)
-Steadfast (Captain Stramash)
-Endeavor (Captain Stramash)
-Hope (Captain Stramash)
-Forgiveness (Icy Shake
-Foundation (Evilgidgit)
-Inspiration (Evilgidgit)
-Tarot (Evilgidgit)
-Brevity (Evilgidgit)
-Turkey Call (Evilgidgit)
-Humility (Evilgidgit)
-Good Samaritan (Evilgidgit)
-Macintosh's Shadow (Evilgidgit)

Last edited by Evilgidgit on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:There are lots of good potential names there. For reference, I'll list all of the names here for everyone:
-Victory (Valikdu)
-Guardian (Downloaded Skill)
-Perseverance (Decumos)
-Memories (Scienza)
-Unbroken (Scienza)
-Resolution (Scienza)
-Mine's Bigger (Scienza)
-Suck it, Steel Rain (Scienza)
-Citizen's Arrest (Scienza)
-Eye Tentacle Penis (Scienza)
-Boomstick (CD)
-Diligence (Silver136)
-Heartbreaker (Luminous Lead)
-Steadfast (Captain Stramash)
-Endeavor (Captain Stramash)
-Hope (Captain Stramash)

And for my own contributions:
-Foundation
-Inspiration
-Tarot
-Brevity
-Turkey Call
-Humility
-Good Samaritan
-Macintosh's Shadow
I vote Perseverance
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next