Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Somber wrote:Some day I'll be brave enough to release the alternate ending of how BJ saves herself from Lancer by thoroughly 'cursing' him.  Love the review as always, Icy.
Sweetie Belle
Um, that is to say . . . That sounds like something I'd have no interest in at all.  Applejack  

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Icy Shake wrote:the capitalization of "Eclipse" should match that in 62.2
…Which is?  Opening chapter…  Gdocs seems to be running amazi--  Wait, no, even as I was tying that, "Unresponsive script".  And there goes the second one…  "Trying to connect"…
(Sorry if I sound ungrateful; I am indeed, as usual, quite grateful for the work you've done and am happy to do my part of it.  I'd just like it if my part of it was sometimes a bit less annoying.)
Ah, okay, so 62.2 has it lowercase.  Hm…  Yes, that seems better.
Sorry. That was originally supposed to be part of a matching pair agnostic to which way it went, since I could see a justification for capitalizing the specific event that was the first eclipse the Enclave saw after the princesses' fall. Screwed it up, though.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:need a comma there at the end
…I don't see why, sorry.  There ought to be a period there, though, I think, so thank you.
Don't know why I said that.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:extra space after quotation. Does "tried to catch myself" count as a speech tag?
…Interestingly, it occurs to me that the contraction form of "Sekashi is" is the same as that of "Sekashi was", so the slip of the tongue actually wasn't noticeable.  At least if we're assuming either that Pony is directly English or that the translation convention preserves that similarity.  Either way, though, Blackjack might only have thought of the meaning she put into the contraction.
It's something I take advantage of from time to time, but I admit a certain uneasiness with it, since dropping the hard consonant is something that seems to make a less natural contraction to me.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:One of the better uses of "hysterical" I've seen in a while.
Hah!  I hadn't even noticed that before!  :D
There are some benefits to being etymologically inclined.

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Some day I'll be brave enough to release the alternate ending of how BJ saves herself from Lancer by thoroughly 'cursing' him.  Love the review as always, Icy.
...I think that makes two alternate versions of scenes you've mentioned having written that end up as clop, if I remember correctly.
Why do I suspect there to be many, many more? Spike
Well, I don't think I've heard of another alternate clop ending here, but there was that time he mentioned something about a futa Rarity.

Last wrote:
chapter 70 wrote: they'll incinerate not just the city but Twilight's descendent as well.

Does this bother anyone else? Maybe it's just me, but reading that it seemed BJ wanted Lifebloom to relay that message and to me that implies a deal. Don't shoot and I'll cooperate with you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone tell BJ or somebody else in BJ's party that the Twilight soceity would likely want BJ to have a child or multiple children for them? Seems strange to set out to take her baby back from Cognitum only to make a deal with another group that wants it.  
It doesn't really bother me. Yes, Life Bloom did relate that they wanted some of her children, and wouldn't be averse to some pretty unpleasant methods to getting them, perhaps going so far as a Stable 99 solution. But I didn't take this as any kind of offer or agreement, but an implicit threat, perhaps at the weakest a reminder that even if they didn't care about Hoofington, they'd still be losing their best shot at descendents of Twilight remaining within the world.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Screwed it up, though.
Icy Shake wrote:Don't know why I said that.
Eh, no problem.

Icy Shake wrote:It's something I take advantage of from time to time, but I admit a certain uneasiness with it, since dropping the hard consonant is something that seems to make a less natural contraction to me.
The "is" contraction does feel somewhat more comfortable to me, interestingly.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 pm

swicked wrote:
...I think that makes two alternate versions of scenes you've mentioned having written that end up as clop, if I remember correctly.
Why do I suspect there to be many, many more? Spike

As amusing as that thought is, I wouldn't fault Somber if there's only two or two and one half scenes.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:02 am

Icy Shake wrote: But I didn't take this as any kind of offer or agreement, but an implicit threat, perhaps at the weakest a reminder that even if they didn't care about Hoofington, they'd still be losing their best shot at descendents of Twilight remaining within the world.

Typically speaking threats would be delivered from the party with the megaspell not to them. Not that BJ wouldn't try that, just that since that's the situation it doesn't really come off as a threat. Least not to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 am

Last wrote:
Icy Shake wrote: But I didn't take this as any kind of offer or agreement, but an implicit threat, perhaps at the weakest a reminder that even if they didn't care about Hoofington, they'd still be losing their best shot at descendents of Twilight remaining within the world.

Typically speaking threats would be delivered from the party with the megaspell not to them. Not that BJ wouldn't try that, just that since that's the situation it doesn't really come off as a threat. Least not to me.
Well it isn't really a threat, is it? She's not threatening that she'll do something to them if they don't help, she'd warning them that their biggest clubhouse trophy is about to get wiped off the map and reminding them that they have the power to stop it. It's their own need for a descendant that would motivate them, not intimidation.
This could really come back to bite BJ, though. Suppose they don't go for helping the Hoof and instead focus on 'retrieving' their 'prize.'

Icy Shake wrote: Butler <> Artemis.
Explain the <> to an outsider, would you?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:29 pm

LancerxBlackjack hate-sex scene or something...

Not sure if pomf or cringe
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Probably a little of both.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Depends on who writes it, I imagine.

Heh, omakes are fun
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 pm

iLateralGX wrote:Damn Neutrals...
What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were they just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Vergil wrote:Probably a little of both.
Cromf?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Last wrote:

Well it isn't really a threat, is it? She's not threatening that she'll do something to them if they don't help, she'd warning them that their biggest clubhouse trophy is about to get wiped off the map and reminding them that they have the power to stop it. It's their own need for a descendant that would motivate them, not intimidation.
This could really come back to bite BJ, though. Suppose they don't go for helping the Hoof and instead focus on 'retrieving' their 'prize.'
This exactly. It's similar to a hostage situation, with Blackjack as the hostage. The ransom is not burning Hoofington.

Meleagridis wrote:
Icy Shake wrote: Butler <> Artemis.
Explain the <> to an outsider, would you?
Let me tell you about Homestuck . . .

It's the chat symbol for moirallegiance, one of the four romantic quadrants for trolls.
The Homestuck Wiki wrote:Moirallegiance is a process that occurs between a troll and their "moirail" (also informally known as a palemate). It is a form of guardianship, but it isn't simply about being platonic soul bros forever: see Andrew's comment. They are a protector of their moirail's heart. They keep each other grounded.

A troll is compelled by fate to watch over their moirail and keep them in line. Despite the platonic appearance of this role (as we currently understand it) to us humans, trolls consider it a type of romance. Moirallegiance may also entail pacifying one's partner, like what Nepeta does for Equius and Karkat for Gamzee. Moirallegiance may translate (roughly) to our human concept of "love for siblings", which contains no intent for reproduction.

It is one of the two conciliatory relationships, the other being auspistice. As it is a redrom, it is linked to pity in the same way that black romance (blackrom) is linked to hate.

Moirallegiance is a portmanteau of "moira" (fated) and "allegiance." This kind of relationship may be most similar to the Greek concept of στοργή (storgē), or "like family," which can be defined as "a desire to ensure the well-being of another."

Butler often was a moral anchor for Artemis, especially after the first book, and Artemis gave Butler meaning outside of simply being a gun for hire. The trust and protectiveness between them was (within the limits various plots allowed) both exceptional and consistent.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
This exactly. It's similar to a hostage situation, with Blackjack as the hostage. The ransom is not burning Hoofington.

What? Are you arguing they are making a deal now? If you take someone or yourself hostage and demand ransom the deal, or at the very least the implied deal, is the hostage is returned to the person who paid the ransom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Last wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:

What? Are you arguing they are making a deal now? If you take someone or yourself hostage and demand ransom the deal, or at the very least the implied deal, is the hostage is returned to the person who paid the ransom.
"Similar to." She's not saying that she'll do anything for them if they refrain; she's saying that if they fire, they'll lose any chance at getting something that they want.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am

I'm trying to figure out if they have a "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" mindset.

Besides, it's not like Blackjack and Littlepip are the only descendants of Ministry Mares.

It's been 200 years, I'm sure there's others out there somewhere living in blissful ignorance of the fact they're keys to untold power.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:
Besides, it's not like Blackjack and Littlepip are the only descendants of Ministry Mares.

It's been 200 years, I'm sure there's others out there somewhere living in blissful ignorance of the fact they're keys to untold power.

Wildcard from Murky Number 7 could totally be Pinkie's descendant. He's crazy enough. What I'm surprised at is that none of the CMC seem to have had kids. I mean, one of them was an Apple for goodness sakes. They must be born pregnant as many Apples and Apple related accessories as there are running around the show.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:36 pm

...And my brain started imagining the Apple Family as My Little Tribbles...

More seriously regarding the CMC reproducing, though, hm.  We know that Sweetie Belle had at least one child after entering Stable 2, given that Velvet Remedy is her descendant, but I don't recall anything about her having even a romantic relationship before that, or anything for the other two.  I'm pretty sure that Scootaloo's last messages didn't mention anything about family.  Apple Bloom… it's more difficult to tell.
FoE Chapter 27 wrote:The good news is that Sweetie Belle’s got muh family safe an’ sound in Stable Two.
That's talking about the Apple Family in general, but I suppose it could also mean Apple Bloom's hypothetical mate and children.
On the other hoof, they were all pretty dedicated to what they were doing; I could see them eschewing romance to continue focusing on the work.  There are probably still some stories in this, though.

edit: And I've just found Scootaloo's last recorded words. No mention of a family in them.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Though now I'm wondering... What did Rainbow Dash think of the revelation of Scootaloo's fate in the Book of LittlePip?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Though now I'm wondering...  What did Rainbow Dash think of the revelation of Scootaloo's fate in the Book of LittlePip?

I'm guessing she tries not to. That must have been soul crushing to know Scoot died alone like that while Dash tried to get the Enclave to help only to be attacked by a childhood friend. That's the problem with Loyalty, there is never enough of it to go around.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Sure, sure, but, in addition to Scootaloo being the first and someone Dash knew personally, I imagine that there might also be significance in the whole "died in this particular way and place that I never returned to while waiting for me to return" thing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:09 am

O. Hinds wrote:Sure, sure, but, in addition to Scootaloo being the first and someone Dash knew personally, I imagine that there might also be significance in the whole "died in this particular way and place that I never returned to while waiting for me to return" thing.
I would imagine she wouldn't want to know. RD is a practical pony, no sense in trying to find out about ponies almost assuredly dead long ago when there are living ponies to help.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:48 am

O. Hinds wrote:And I've just found Scootaloo's last recorded words.  No mention of a family in them.
Well... not to be grim, but she could have had a family in Cloudsdale. She spent what sounds like weeks in the hospital waiting for her wing to heal, so it's sensical that a message recorded at that point wouldn't include mention of people who've been dead for that long.

That said, you're totally correct that none of them ever said anything that even suggested that they had families of their own. Except, as you mention, Sweetie's relationship after Stable 2 was sealed.

O. Hinds wrote:Though now I'm wondering...  What did Rainbow Dash think of the revelation of Scootaloo's fate in the Book of LittlePip?
Scoots might have idolized Dash years ago, but then she went off and led her own life. Dash lost friends (and presumably family!) that were much closer than that in the apocalypse. It's sad that she died, but Dash probably gave up playing "what if" many decades ago.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:44 am

Good points.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Can't change the past, but you can change the future by looking at the present and keep yourself from repeating your mistakes

RD's probably come to the conclusion herself already

And she probably takes time to mourn the loss of her friends - didn't we say she's probably gone around to the locations of her friends to pay her respects a while ago?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:54 pm

I'd like to think when Fluttershy is freed, Rainbow may approach her, though poor Fluttershy may be frightened by her appearance.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:49 pm

What's not to love about rotted flesh?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'd like to think when Fluttershy is freed, Rainbow may approach her, though poor Fluttershy may be frightened by her appearance.

She's one to talk. Fluttershy was a tree for 200 years. She should be a little more conscious of the fact that a two-and-a-half centuries old mare might look more dead than alive.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Fluttershy has:

• Cared for
  • Dated
  • Fallen in love with
  • Presumably had sex with
  • Gotten pregnant by
  • Had her heart broken by

someone damn close to a Canterlot ghoul, and for that matter whose general condition actually improved after going that last step. I'll go out on a limb and say that, despite those differences between Canterlot and vanilla ghouls, she can handle seeing Rainbow as a ghoul. Especially since she might well meet Ditzy first.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'd like to think when Fluttershy is freed, Rainbow may approach her, though poor Fluttershy may be frightened by her appearance.
That's assuming Rainbow survives the next day or two, of course. I kinda think it would be sad if she did -- all the others are waiting for her and Shy, and while Shy will eventually die of old age, Dash is functionally immortal...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am

SilentCarto wrote:all the others are waiting for her and Shy

Don't forget Rarity, most of her soul is still trapped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm still amused by the fact it's RARITY'S soul that's in the figurines, yet it's been shown that mentally, they've all shown the images of the pony they represent (Pinkie's figure being Pinkie Pie).

By mentally, I mean when LP and BJ have those "the little pink earth pony/purple unicorn/etc pointed out something" moments.

But wouldn't that require the corresponding soul to inhabit the figure?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 pm

...Why is it amusing? That's how Rarity meant to make them.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next