Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm partial to Resolution, but I'd have no problem with Perseverance.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
Macintosh's locker. wrote:I brought up the locker of Big Macintosh.
Password Clue: Where the heart is.
... Is it weird that I kind of want it to be called "Heartbreaker"?
Not at all, because that's what it's going to be doing. It's going to cause tragedy, as well as avert it.

@Vote 
Personally, I'm a fan of "Resolution" (probably because I submitted it), but if not, I like "Steadfast" and "Hope."

Honestly though, I'd be happy with any of these names.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:05 pm

I would probably vote for "Victory", but Endeavor and Perseverance also seem like pretty decent choices.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Hmm, Victory is probably the one that rolls off the tongue easiest and fits Blackjack most. So that's my vote.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by DaWarWolf Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 am

I gotta go with Victory too, for some reason it feels the best to me.
DaWarWolf
DaWarWolf
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name: WarWolf
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 am

Too late for much else, but I've got another long shot (this time actually based on Blackjack naming it, though): is "Forgiveness" pushing the irony button too hard (and maybe stepping on Penance's toes even more than Perseverance on Vigilance's?)?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:10 am

Evilgidgit wrote:There are lots of good potential names there. For reference, I'll list all of the names here for everyone:
-Victory (Valikdu)
-Guardian (Downloaded Skill)
-Perseverance (Decumos)
-Memories (Scienza)
-Unbroken (Scienza)
-Resolution (Scienza)
-Mine's Bigger (Scienza)
-Suck it, Steel Rain (Scienza)
-Citizen's Arrest (Scienza)
-Eye Tentacle Penis (Scienza)
-Boomstick (CD)
-Diligence (Silver136)
-Heartbreaker (Luminous Lead)
-Steadfast (Captain Stramash)
-Endeavor (Captain Stramash)
-Hope (Captain Stramash)
-Forgiveness (Icy Shake
-Foundation (Evilgidgit)
-Inspiration (Evilgidgit)
-Tarot (Evilgidgit)
-Brevity (Evilgidgit)
-Turkey Call (Evilgidgit)
-Humility (Evilgidgit)
-Good Samaritan (Evilgidgit)
-Macintosh's Shadow (Evilgidgit)

You forgot "Cupcake" XD

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Luminous Lead,Cupcake was the name of the soldier that the gun was sent to. you remember Colonel Cupcake, don't you?
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Could Colonel Cupcake be considered a tenth Marauder or rather their go-to commanding officer?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
Macintosh's locker. wrote:I brought up the locker of Big Macintosh.
Password Clue: Where the heart is.
... Is it weird that I kind of want it to be called "Heartbreaker"?
That's good too!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Once again, we interrupt your regular programming to bring a probably post-breaking wall of text. I'd offer the resulting IF-88 name proposal here, but I did that last night. Anyway, there was a lot to like about "The Best Night Ever," and I think it in some respects succeeded as a large-cast party chapter in ways that chapter seventy was a little weaker, probably for two major reasons: it had a smaller cast, so the characters who were given focus (notably Grace, Splendid, Pain Train, and to a lesser extent Stronghoof and Steel Rain) had a little more room to breathe; and the event was an end in itself (which incidentally meant that many of the people there weren't brought there for Blackjack specifically), culminating in a major decision of undeniable importance, rather than just being a last hurrah before the coming battle.

Chapter Fifty Seven Running Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Seven Overall Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Chapter Fifty Seven Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:24 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

…Oh dear, that is a lot in the other chapters section. Laggy times ahead…

Icy Shake wrote:inverted quotation mark, should have second space after quotation
Negative on the second bit, I think; sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:“And get me on your back, damnit!” Please!
…That's not in 5. More lag!
…It's in 24?! Wow, what happened there?

Icy Shake wrote:Handing you over to Deus and Usury will calm a lot of air for me,” he replied matter of factly.
…Aaaaand that's not in 14. Looks like it's in 13.

Icy Shake wrote:(everything after this for the chapter is related to quotation mark and apostrophe formatting, so handle that how you will)
I think I'll pass on them, sorry. They're barely noticeable to me, and I have no idea what controls them. My correction strategy is just to retype them and hope that whatever thing is/isn't suppose to happen does/doesn't.

Icy Shake wrote:"never-ending"
Hm… It really seems significantly better to me without the hyphen; sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:Don't know if two different names for it is how it's supposed to be.
I've changed this one to "Lunaria" to match the other.

Icy Shake wrote:italicize "she" or "shes"?
I opted for inverted commas instead; sorry.

Whew! Took nearly an hour to get through those. On to the main chapter!

Icy Shake wrote:maybe drop the "quite happily"?
Why?

Icy Shake wrote:"Majesty", given it's his job I'd expect him to get it right
I'm hoping you meant that that's what "Royal Highness" ought to be changed to, as that's what I did. Your text was unclear, though, so please let me know if it ought to be "Royal Majesty".

Icy Shake wrote:In 69, we have "Sagittarius didn’t seem too happy either, though, what with the rain and all soaking his golden mane and goatee", so it should change either there or here (personally, I like the green-and-gold, which also goes with the occasional archer coloration of blond guy wearing green (Link, Green Arrow, sometimes Robin Hood), which I actually thought the latter case was a reference to)
Aye, a nice point; thanks.

Icy Shake wrote:Later, you have Crumpets as, in 64, "The crispy-brown-coated mare’s reflection in the window betrayed her smile" and in 70 as "Steel Ranger Crumpets. The buttery yellow brown mare with the freckles wore her armor casually" and "The yellow mare thumped Psalm’s chest."
…Urrrrrrgghhhh…
…Opening 64 and 70…
Yes, I know the scripts are unresponsive! I can see that! The warning boxes just provide even more things to slow down!
…And joy of joys, the bit in 64 isn't actually in 64! Closing 64, opening 63…
Right, I've made her toasty/crispy yellow-brown.

Incidentally, I just do not get the whole "buttery" thing. Thinking about butter just tends to make me mildly nauseous.

Icy Shake wrote:I just realized what this reminds me of, now that it's a thing: Trixie/Maud.
…I had not heard of this ship. It is oddly attractive. :D

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, so unless he only got to the Hoof very recently, that means that the pit fights predated Red Eye. Interesting.
Are you reading Wasteland Bouquet? That might be relevant. Alternatively, I suppose he could indeed have gotten here recently; there'd probably be quite a story in that.

And done, a bit more than two hours after starting! Whew!
Sorry for maybe sounding ungrateful at a few points; I do very much appreciate how much you put into this. It's just that it's a lot of work on my end, too (see the "a bit more than two hours" thing above), and sometimes frustrating. Thanks again!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm disappointed that for a shotgun that BJ is going to name, none of you made any Whiskey-related ideas. Something related to kicking or hangovers, maybe. Like "Morning After". (That's a terrible idea. Time for more!) Aftermath, Wasted, Fuck! Or... Consequences? Consequence. I actually really like that last one, though it's a bit long.

Anyways, I wouldn't put it to a vote, but for what it counts of the names suggested by others Victory, Guardian, Heartbreaker, and Boomstick are the only ones that feel right. And Perseverance doesn't even feel like a name you would use on any gun, let alone a shotgun.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Derpmind wrote:I'm disappointed that for a shotgun that BJ is going to name, none of you made any Whiskey-related ideas. Something related to kicking or hangovers, maybe. Like "Morning After". (That's a terrible idea. Time for more!) Aftermath, Wasted, Fuck! Or... Consequences? Consequence. I actually really like that last one, though it's a bit long.
"I call this baby 140 Proof 'cause one shot from it'll make you wake up in hell with a headache."
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:13 pm

"Consequence" sounds kind of appropriate, in a judging karmaic sort of way. Something that occured as I am digging ditches though, is "The Good Stuff". Alcohol related, and a high quality gun. Now, if only the shotgun fired shot-glasses... XD

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Icy, even while Red Eye was still in Fillydelphia, ponies were given freedom from the pit, assuming they survived seven(i think it was seven) matches in there. it IS possible that Brutus simply won in the pit, became free, and just ran away and ended up in the hoof instead of becoming a general in Red Eye's army.
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Derpmind wrote:I'm disappointed that for a shotgun that BJ is going to name, none of you made any Whiskey-related ideas. Something related to kicking or hangovers, maybe. Like "Morning After". (That's a terrible idea. Time for more!) Aftermath, Wasted, Fuck! Or... Consequences? Consequence. I actually really like that last one, though it's a bit long.
As much as a silly name, whiskey-related or otherwise, would certainly be amusing for readers, the Blackjack naming this gun isn't that Blackjack anymore, she hasn't been since the death of the Goddess. She turned down learning how to make it rain whiskey, after all... Plus as has been said before, it wouldn't be very respectful of Big Mac's memory.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 pm

We still talking about gun names for BJ?

Cuz I submit "Vindication."

E: That was my vote for BJ's virtue anyway.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 pm

I vote for "Rooty Tooty Point-n-Shooty".
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:“And get me on your back, damnit!”  Please!
…That's not in 5.  More lag!
…It's in 24?!  Wow, what happened there?

Icy Shake wrote:Handing you over to Deus and Usury will calm a lot of air for me,” he replied matter of factly.
…Aaaaand that's not in 14.  Looks like it's in 13.

Icy Shake wrote:Later, you have Crumpets as, in 64, "The crispy-brown-coated mare’s reflection in the window betrayed her smile" and in 70 as "Steel Ranger Crumpets.  The buttery yellow brown mare with the freckles wore her armor casually" and "The yellow mare thumped Psalm’s chest."
…Urrrrrrgghhhh…
…Opening 64 and 70…
Yes, I know the scripts are unresponsive!  I can see that!  The warning boxes just provide even more things to slow down!
…And joy of joys, the bit in 64 isn't actually in 64!  Closing 64, opening 63…
Right, I've made her toasty/crispy yellow-brown.

Incidentally, I just do not get the whole "buttery" thing.  Thinking about butter just tends to make me mildly nauseous.
Looks to me like I need to add some extra validation at the end of the process, with this kind of chapter error rate . . .
What happened was probably a copy/paste location error with the two chapters being adjacent at the time. Just a guess, though.
I'm guessing in her case, it's tying to using butter on crumpets. More generally, it's just a color comparison for pastel yellow, I'd think, along the lines of cream/creme. Also, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about butter. I personally find it to be very useful, in fact one of the almost-magical ingredients that has broad and very positive uses in the kitchen.
Incidentally, I forgot to mention it with the chapter remarks, but it seems to me like her accent changed over time—I've headcanoned that either stress is getting to her or that prolonged exposure to Enervation can progressively (regressively) change someone's accent from upper-class British (explicitly compared to Octavia), if on the colorful/profane side, to Cockney/whatever accent Bronode hates writing. Which is, of course, only further evidence of the evil of the Eater of Souls.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"Majesty", given it's his job I'd expect him to get it right
I'm hoping you meant that that's what "Royal Highness" ought to be changed to, as that's what I did.  Your text was unclear, though, so please let me know if it ought to be "Royal Majesty".
"Royal Majesty" would be preferable to just "Majesty" as an introduction of this sort. Sorry for the confusion.
It's funny, it seems that I've been doing a lot of this sort of thing lately—just a few days ago, I was telling horizon that "marquesses" are men, not women ("marquises" (Continental) or "marchionesses" (British), incidentally).

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:I just realized what this reminds me of, now that it's a thing: Trixie/Maud.
…I had not heard of this ship.  It is oddly attractive.  :D
It was this comic that got me in to it.

pokeperson1000 wrote:Icy, even while Red Eye was still in Fillydelphia, ponies were given freedom from the pit, assuming they survived seven(i think it was seven) matches in there. it IS possible that Brutus simply won in the pit, became free, and just ran away and ended up in the hoof instead of becoming a general in Red Eye's army.
I was thinking more in terms of how Red Eye is a relative newcomer to the Wasteland, at least as a great power, so if Brutus had come via Red Eye's pit fights, that put a ceiling in how long he could have been in Hoofington, when I'd thought he'd been there a pretty long time.

Caoimhe wrote:We still talking about gun names for BJ?

I like this. Shares some commonalities with "Forgiveness" while being a far better gun name, and doesn't creep into another name's concept-space like I feel "Perseverance" does on Vigilance's.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
…I had not heard of this ship.  It is oddly attractive.  :D
Yeah, FouDubulbe has a series starting here. It is oddly cute, partly because Trixie can rage and posture all she wants, and Maud gives exactly zero fucks.

Scienza wrote:
"I call this baby 140 Proof 'cause one shot from it'll make you wake up in hell with a headache."
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

P.S. "Consequences" is a great name, too. In fact, I think I'm changing my vote to that. Twilight Sparkle
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Looks to me like I need to add some extra validation at the end of the process, with this kind of chapter error rate . . .
What happened was probably a copy/paste location error with the two chapters being adjacent at the time. Just a guess, though.
Thanks, and good luck.

Icy Shake wrote:I'm guessing in her case, it's tying to using butter on crumpets. More generally, it's just a color comparison for pastel yellow, I'd think, along the lines of cream/creme. Also, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about butter. I personally find it to be very useful, in fact one of the almost-magical ingredients that has broad and very positive uses in the kitchen.
Oh, I was thinking particularly about Somber's tendency to use the word "buttery" as a pleasant descriptor. But… thanks for your sympathy, I suppose?
As for kitchen uses, that I wouldn't know about; my culinary skills are still more or less limited to combining ingredients to put into a rice cooker.

Icy Shake wrote:Incidentally, I forgot to mention it with the chapter remarks, but it seems to me like her accent changed over time—I've headcanoned that either stress is getting to her or that prolonged exposure to Enervation can progressively (regressively) change someone's accent from upper-class British (explicitly compared to Octavia), if on the colorful/profane side, to Cockney/whatever accent Bronode hates writing. Which is, of course, only further evidence of the evil of the Eater of Souls.
Heh. :)
"I swear, I try to talk posh, but yer city's just so 'orrible it doesn't seem worth it."
(Disclaimer: I have no idea how accurate that was.)

Icy Shake wrote:"Royal Majesty" would be preferable to just "Majesty" as an introduction of this sort. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, okay.

Icy Shake wrote:It was this comic that got me in to it.
Hm, might read that; thanks.

SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, FouDubulbe has a series starting here. It is oddly cute, partly because Trixie can rage and posture all she wants, and Maud gives exactly zero fucks.
Icy Shake just linked it, but thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:We still talking about gun names for BJ?

I like this. Shares some commonalities with "Forgiveness" while being a far better gun name, and doesn't creep into another name's concept-space like I feel "Perseverance" does on Vigilance's.

The act of vindication is also stronger and more resolute than forgiveness because it not only acknowledges wrongdoing but also provides absolution, which is something Blackjack needs to do personally to lead a happy life due to blaming herself constantly.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I've headcanoned that either stress is getting to her or that prolonged exposure to Enervation can progressively (regressively) change someone's accent from upper-class British (explicitly compared to Octavia), if on the colorful/profane side, to Cockney/whatever accent Bronode hates writing. Which is, of course, only further evidence of the evil of the Eater of Souls.

The next stage would be Australian? Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:50 am

Ponies running around yelling " u wot m8??" I can see this.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:23 am

Sigh...\
I got a new keyboard after the other one died...\
However, it seems to have a bug.\
Can you spot it?\
\More importantly, can you think of any way to fix it?\
\I'd really love to know
\
\
\

\

\
\\\
\\\
\\
\\
\
\\
\\\\
\\
\\
\\\\\\\\
\\
And worse, sometimes it doesn't do it.  ugh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:42 am

...Well, that's odd. I'm sorry, Somber, but I have no idea what might be doing that or how to stop it. Can you return the keyboard? This is a pretty obvious flaw in it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 am

Is it time to throw some cash Somber's way for him to get a new keyboard?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Is it time to throw some cash Somber's way for him to get a new keyboard?
It's always time to throw cash Sombers way!  :D
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next