Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Still, can't deny the idea's fun!
Nope.  No no no.  I don't know if Somber would be okay with me sharing some of the things he's told us publicly here, so I won't, but...  Oh dear, the mess that could make.
(And yes, also probably illegal and whatnot.)
Some things to remember:
1. There's a difference between fun for the people involved and fun for people watching.
2. Metaphorical train wrecks can be the latter (and, for some, literal too, I suppose).

But certainly, lots and lots of "fun" at different stages, like potentially getting flooded with submissions that will tend to be at best repetitive and at worst actively unhelpful; if you try to avoid that, it'd probably amount to favoritism; it's generally unethical to solicit help from students on personal projects; parents would tend to be unhappy with the violent content; same with the sex if it's a chapter that includes any, and if so, you could well be looking at employment and legal issues related to giving erotic materials to a student (and yet more so if they are a minor); and they would lack the requisite background knowledge of the story. I'm probably missing plenty.

But if the legal etc. issues weren't there, and there were no intent of actually trying to use the suggestions, I think it could be genuinely fun to see what a bunch of high school students getting dropped in at this late stage would come up with.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Some things to remember:
1. There's a difference between fun for the people involved and fun for people watching.
2. Metaphorical train wrecks can be the latter (and, for some, literal too, I suppose).
Ah, yes. This is true. :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 am

Right. And don't take any of that to mean I'd value the entertainment value of watching the wreck play out over all the problems it would cause. Not everything we imagine is something we want to come true, after all.

So, a perceptive, acrobatic quadruped possessed by an often malicious (if sometimes playfully so) spirit of chaos? Sounds like a cat to me! Applebloom

Chapter Sixty Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Four Overall Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 am

Chapter Sixty Four Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:58 am

Frost wrote:"Delegating" work, "Acquiring" gear, "Scheduling an appointment", "Supervising" and "securing" an area are all skills that require a good bit of art and subtlety to perform. That's something that just about every work of fiction gets wrong--patriotism and dedication to one's cause are great, but there's only so much menial work you're going to get from an underpaid and overworked joe or all-that-plus-babysitter NCO.

The depiction of Lieutenant Butterbar eagerly telling a main character that "we stand ready to perform our duty without fail! [organizational motto]!" Is entirely accurate--so long as it includes his platoon standing behind him, collectively rolling their eyes and muttering "shut the fuck up....." Under their breath.
"So, in short, you want us to do nothing while looking like we're doing something while actually doing nothing, albeit with half-assed motivation?"
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 am

@Icy Shake: Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:So, a perceptive, acrobatic quadruped possessed by an often malicious (if sometimes playfully so) spirit of chaos? Sounds like a cat to me!
:)

Icy Shake wrote:(also, why spell "sure" accent-phonetically when that's how it's pronounced anyway?)
[shrugs]

Icy Shake wrote:should "Wastelander" be capitalized or not (6 times it is, ~13 it isn't)
I don't know, but it looks like decapitalized is currently prevailing, so...
This probably means you'll need to add the other four to your list of things to post.  Sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:(it's referring to the other two rockets, right, not something like two of the other four launchpads that weren't the central launchpad?)
No, the other two remaining launch clamp supports.

Icy Shake wrote:I believe that it should be white panes.
Ah, yes, you appear to be correct.  I've changed the earlier description as well.

Icy Shake wrote:I believe the language was supposed to be "Pony", not "Equestrian", right?
Yes.

Icy Shake wrote:This is after Blackjack was knocked out for three days, which raises a potential plot hole: why didn't she do whatever she's working on with the servants of Cognitum during that time?
I'd guess it's because carrying Blackjack through the Core to Cognitum would be too much of a risk (to Blackjack, that is).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Icy? um... though you assumed initially that there weren't many too many souls in the talisman, don't you remember a point in the story where fluttershy talks to rarity about how she didn't want the talisman, and how the hospital patients sent to rarity were supposedly "test subjects"?
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:This is after Blackjack was knocked out for three days, which raises a potential plot hole: why didn't she do whatever she's working on with the servants of Cognitum during that time?
I'd guess it's because carrying Blackjack through the Core to Cognitum would be too much of a risk (to Blackjack, that is).
Yeah, but there's still going to find Steel Rain and having a group of Harbingers bring her back with mechasprite suppression from Cognitum. I guess another explanation is that she couldn't know how long Blackjack would be out, and couldn't risk the questions raised if she were gone for a long time after she woke up.

pokeperson1000 wrote:Icy? um... though you assumed initially that there weren't many too many souls in the talisman, don't you remember a point in the story where fluttershy talks to rarity about how she didn't want the talisman, and how the hospital patients sent to rarity were supposedly "test subjects"?
Yes. The most relevant point is this:
Chapter 43:
It indicates Rumble was the seventh. Later, Snails gives us this:
Chapter 48:
So while there could have been some between Rumble and Razorwire, we aren't talking about many; there's only so many you can really round down to "a half dozen." Then there are the two gaps, the first after Softheart and going until Octopus. The number in there is unknown, but based on Rampage's cutie mark and the way everyone we can identify that had the talisman after Rumble has surfaced and none before, it's not too unreasonable to think that there probably weren't many in between. Then it was the simple track from Shujaa to Twist to Peppermint.

What I think is probably going on is that most of the souls seen in the MoI scene weren't recipients of the phoenix talisman like the personalities that have emerged, but souls directly harvested and put in the talisman before it was implanted in the first test subject. That could also explain why some were distinct, some vague.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Yeah, but there's still going to find Steel Rain and having a group of Harbingers bring her back with mechasprite suppression from Cognitum. I guess another explanation is that she couldn't know how long Blackjack would be out, and couldn't risk the questions raised if she were gone for a long time after she woke up.
Aye. Leaving Blackjack alone had the potential to be much more problematic than just waiting a bit longer. Rampage didn't actually want to hurt Blackjack, and Cognitum wanted to convert Blackjack; spooking Blackjack and making her feel suspicious and/or betrayed in an uncontrolled situation would not have been good for either of those.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Did PH introduce Hydra and Turbo?

Asking because they appear in the Fallout Equestria game and I'm pretty sure they don't come from FoE.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Hm, you're right; they don't seem to appear in FoE.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 am

We have made an edit in Chapter 19.
Old Text:
New Text:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 am

O. Hinds wrote:We have made an edit in Chapter 19.
Old Text:
New Text:

So.... I'm gonna have to redownload the file? And reread...   Big mac
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am

The edit was only in one part of that one paragraph.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Did PH introduce Hydra and Turbo?

Asking because they appear in the Fallout Equestria game and I'm pretty sure they don't come from FoE.
Those chems appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Hydra has been a plot point in one (or several?) chapter(s) of PH already, back in the first or second Book.

Turbo... I'm not sure but I think it got covered as the drug called "Dash" in PH.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Dash is Jet, I think.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Right, one of the games all this is based on. Oops. If I ever knew those were in NV (I've only played 1 and 2), I'd forgotten. Also, turns out PH didn't include Turbo at all.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:16 am

Icy Shake wrote:Also, turns out PH didn't include Turbo at all.

Rainboom? I think.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

We have edited 72:
Old Text:
New Text:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:14 pm

These changes are tantalizing, since they're relatively small changes but obviously made out of necessity for upcoming events.
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Valikdu, i thought rainboom was mentioned by razorwire as a mixture of dash and something else, wasn't it?

correct me if i'm wrong (which i most likely am)
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Dash plus a couple drops of Flux.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:29 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Somber11
73, from us to thee!
(Which is singular, yes, but I was tired when I thought of it.  It seemed clever.  Um, consider it a more personalized service?)

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1222
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31