Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

@Somber
Well, it looks like something's all fucky with the period and the forward slash. They're next to one another, so it could be something is stuck under there or something like that - or, the drivers might be messed up. Either way, try updating the driver and see if it helps; if it doesn't, you might want to take it back to wherever you bought it and see if they can fix or replace it.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CD Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Doctor 0 has been leaving his new trademark symbol. We should probably go back to calling him 'Ooow' until he puts them back in his 0s.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:29 pm

I ordered it online.  I can't contact the manufacturer, so hopefully Newegg will be able to help me out.\
\\\\
\\\
\\\\
\\\
\\\\\\\\\
fucking annoying\
\\
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 pm

I imaging that would make writing pretty hard, yeah.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 pm

i didn't get rid of my old keyboard tho.  I'll use it till I can get a replacement, even if keeps lagging horribly.\
\
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Some word editors (can't check from here) have a function to remove all instances of a word or phrase you select. See if you can use that to remove all "/" after you've typped up some stuff.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Derpmind wrote:Some word editors (can't check from here) have a function to remove all instances of a word or phrase you select. See if you can use that to remove all "/" after you've typped up some stuff.
Problem is you would still be left with all kinds of formatting problems after that though.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:16 am

Better stay away from Terminals then

They love you give 'Y/N' prompts...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:58 am

Sent the old keyboard back.  Apparently it has a whole ton of issues, so I'll be thinking of what to do.  My old wireless keyboard keeps dropping info.

My head's been a lot worse than usual lately.  Sorry for that.

Going to try and pull out a few more pages tomorrow, resolve some stuff from last week, and make a little progress.

Still don't know what to name her Ironpony.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 am

Man, just a few minutes ago I was going to suggest making it something phallic.
And oh, believe me, it's been several times, though fairly well-spaced and more weighted to the front of the story. Appropriately, the Ironpony got her going more than most guns, though she did also want to "cuddle" with Little Macintosh.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:51 am

Somber wrote:
Still don't know what to name her Ironpony.

You could name the Ironpony after that one giant muscular pony. I hear that during the war he became a special forces pony who flew behind enemy lines extracting P.O.W. from Zebra camps.

He and his team was the best at what they did but then something weird happened in the jungle, he was the only one to make it out alive with one civilian mare. The details were classified but some suspect that the resulting explosion that wiped out the jungle could have been the result of him interrupting the first mega-spell tests. Those are only rumors however as all information has been redacted.

It was decided that it would be best that he be returned to Equestria where became a police officer. After breaking a big case where he had to pose as a kindergarten teacher he became a media darling and eventually became the Governor of an area on the West coast of Equestria.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 TheGovna
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:29 am

swicked wrote:As much much as I think it'd be interesting if it was named after whiskey or a virtue or something else, I could swear I remember her getting aroused by the topic of guns more than once.
Thus, all I can imagine is someone asking what she wants to name the gun and her getting bedroom eyes, straddling it, giving the barrel a long lick and moaning out "Oooooooh...'Sexy'."

"Horny" sounds appropriate as well. Sweetie Belle

*sings*
♪My Little Horny, My Little Horny...♪
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:44 am

Stupid Sexy Blackjack's Sexy Gun?

Pretty sure LP also got aroused at the thought of a gun as well...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:39 am

If there was time I would actually put the characters in a situation where BJ is trying to figure out a name herself and others are offering her help, then it evolves into a conversation about baby names. TRANSITION
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 am

Mm~nothing like the kick of a very powerful gun to make you feel alive...

I could imagine BJ thinking of names for her gun while at the same time Glory and Velvet are thinking of baby names and the two conversations overlap in a comedic manner and confusion ensues...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 am

There is only one appropriate name for Blackjack to name the Ironpony now that I think about it: Moneyshot.

But the baby names thing is a good idea too. I think that would be a great distraction technique.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:10 pm

What about Ante Up?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Meleagridis wrote:What about Ante Up?

Huh.

I like that.

That's basically her main catchphrase for when she's about to do something awesome. While it's a great name and I could see someone naming it that in memory of her, given that she proclaims it often enough I think it might get a bit confusing.

A lesser name that might avoid confusion could be "All In", given how she tends to rush in head-on in to firefights, or "Call", whereby she forces their "hand".

Calamity had "Spitfire's Thunder", so I think something like "Blackjack's Gambit" might be appropriate (a-la-Batman's Gambit) or "Big Mac's Gambit", would work too I guess, given it was made for him and she's not likely to name it after herself (or Watcher's Gambit, I suppose, given that it was the big manipulator who gave her the "do everything to make it right, even though you'll never make it" moral core). "Discord's Gambit" doesn't make as much sense for the gun itself, but given how her current body is basically his daughter and her continued existence is the wrench he's thrown in Cog'ss/Amadi's/EOS's plans, I think it would be a rather sentimental homage.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Yeah, Ante Up is a fine name.
Also, considering card-related names, I think something like "Ace" could be a nice option. Or "Queen's Ace".
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:03 pm

I like Queen's Ace because of BJ's Cutie Mark

(Although she's lost her Cutie Mark, right? So what if she gets it again, but this time it's two of the same card and she goes back to her original name of Go Fish?)
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:32 pm

"Double Down" it's a verb so it leaves itself open to all manner of horrible puns. "Looks like I'll have to Double Down" or "I'm always ready to Double Down" and so forth and so on. 

Also she could name it Justice because it's long and hard and makes her wet when it goes off just like p-21.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:27 pm

There's also Slapjack. Screw Your Neighbor and Spoons
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Queen's Ace or Double Down sound good. Very appropriate for Blackjack, and they roll off the tongue better than some of the other suggestions.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Okay, why didn't we think of "ante up" before now? That's perfect.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Ante up is more her theme or catch phrase than something she should use for a gun. It would be, I don't know, tacky for it to be more than one thing.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Vergil wrote:Okay, why didn't we think of "ante up" before now? That's perfect.
I agree, Ante Up is great!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm

JadedPony wrote:Ante up is more her theme or catch phrase than something she should use for a gun. It would be, I don't know, tacky for it to be more than one thing.
I agree. I don't like it as a name...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 am

Slightly off topic but I just started using Firefox instead of Chrome and I can't get the things you guys write under the spoilers tag to show up. Also there are no buttons to edit the text or edit things and such. Just preview and send. Any idea how to fix it?
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 am

JadedPony wrote:Slightly off topic but I just started using Firefox instead of Chrome and I can't get the things you guys write under the spoilers tag to show up. Also there are no buttons to edit the text or edit things and such. Just preview and send. Any idea how to fix it?
Do you have JavaScript enabled, and not blocked for the site? You need to allow forumotion.com, illiweb.com, and ajax.googleapis.com.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of "Ante Up" or "Double Down." None of the cards-based ones are really striking me so far, and the best I could come up with on that front is "Ace in the Hole." On the phallic front I'm mostly drawing a blank of what could fit the theme while being a good gun name. "Cannon" so far, and that's it, and weak at that.

Chapter Fifty Eight Running Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Eight Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Eight Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:49 am

Ah, thanks! It was my noscript blocking ajax.googleapis.com. All fixed.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next