Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Aonee
Cptadder
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
Scyto Harmony
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Frost
Kattlarv
Katarn
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
20 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:34 pm

And Scyto likes Rarity and Thunderlane... just saying.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 pm

@Scyto
yes..how could i forget..:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm

I guess Babs Seed and Fleur to some extent count as Harmony-bait?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Everything counts as my bait to some extent or another, especially shooty-splodey stuff.

On another note, I've got some pretty damn good news. First off, my back pain has gone from "crippling and unbearable" to "minor annoyance", so the Crazy Train is back on the rails. Second, I'm trying to get a job at a local bakery owned by some friends of the family, and I'm hoping to eventually become a butcher since the pay and benefits is fucking awesome.

EDIT: The thing with the back pain actually turned out to be a combination of how I was holding my head while sitting and a lack of exercise.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:39 pm

@Iron
Iron: "MY PROFESSION? A baker. Yes, a baker."
Told'ja exercise was good fer ya.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Both professions give me several opportunities to make a lot of food-based puns.  Pinkie Pie 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

I don't think they're bready for you Iron.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

"Knife to meat you" would probably become a common joke for me.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Now there was just no knead for that.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm

I won't be cutting it out anytime soon.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

I hope you weren't planning on getting a rise out of me Iron.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Nah, just trying to keep myself sharp.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Really? Are you sure you have the chops?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm offal-y certain that I do.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:09 pm

You fool! You broke from the pattern of baking and knife puns! You shame your family!
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm

You were on a 'roll' too.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:20 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 FOOLS

Huzzah! It was butcher-related! Huzzah!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Sorry to cut in here, but reading <a href="http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24229/two-peas-in-a-pod">this fic</a> reminds me of something Iron would try to pun. Did not understand until the comments pointed it out. I feel embarrassed.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm

@SK

I laughed pretty hard at that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:19 pm

@Baits
If we're still talking about them, I'm also a fan of Sunbutt.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 pm

I enjoy gryphons and zebras as well, for the record.

Also, Chinese restaurants amuse me. I order some General Tso's Chicken and Shrimp Lo Mein and I end up with like fucking nine forks and a billion sauce packets. Folks, I realize in good ol' Commie Land this shit'll feed a family for a month, but A.) I'm American, B.) I'm a soldier, and C.) I'm a 6'1'' 19-year-old. This might feed one guy.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm

A good two to three pounds of General Tso's Chicken was one of the first meals (that I remember) I had out of basic. Ripped ass so hard people on the other side of the street had their nostrils turn inside out.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:05 pm

The chicken was fucked up this time around. Given that they asked for me by name with a "Z" instead of a "K" and (of course) an "R" instead of an "L", I'm not surprised.

also,

"You only have today. There is no tomorrow or yesterday." Joke's on you, bitch. I'll just ask God for yesterday and tomorrow back. How's your own dick taste, Karma?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 pm

@Robo

Somewhat relevant image.

The vicious cycle of when I get bored.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 am

Mister Frost wrote:Well, Kim, you seem really upset that the idea of an utterly female-dominated society where males are worthless fuck toys wasn't seen through to its fullest. That's the main vibe I'm getting here.
Spoiler:

Case and point. If you make a fucking warrior Amazon tribe. Don't make them a pacifistic patriarchy. It just doesn't work, nor make any fucking sense. BJ is like a warhammer orc that speak eldar, act like a tau and use necron psychic powers. And became waghboss, because she has the best teaparties. Have to stick to some fucking logic. If you say you're ex: writing a accurate warhammer fanfic, you can't have all of the orc race be purple, and hate fighting, while  everything else is as it should. It sticks out like a sore snotling.
So no, it's not that Somber didn't "fulfil my man-hate fantasy", it's that they... kinda did a Metroid other M. Like "Yeah, have a story about a confident space merc bad-ass, and spend the entire game not once being bad-ass, instead: sulk, have daddy issues, and whine about being pathetic! Yeah!"
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 am

I see where you're coming from, but it's like I mentioned earlier--Blackjack grew up socially awkward, virtually friendless, and generally self-loathing and pathetic (that's, uh......hell of an OC, Somber......) so most of her problems stem not from gender roles, but from being a fucked-in-the-dome weirdo with suicidal tendencies and self-obsessive/destructive behavior. Her trying to "pleasure dicks" is likely more a matter of her trying to pleasure her partner so he'll like her and she can have another friend (having not developed a horrible and flat relationship with Stygius first as she did with Glory). As for the slang, that's not any malicious intent on Somber's part, it's just lack of thought put into the matter. Which, on one hand, is understandable, considering you've got an entire world to write with approximately way-too-fucking-many characters, like nineteen motherfucking opposing factions, and an absolutely labyrinthine and far-fetched plot to worry about, and only like 37 million goddamn words to write it all in. On the other hand, it's the main character--the character the goddamn world revolves around--it's her background. It's the culture she grew up in and the one that molded who she became. Kinda fucking pointless to give this big, elaborate backstory with a strange and unusual culture and then take that fucking nowhere. That's about 97,000 fucking words padding out the titanic story for no damn reason.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 am

Kattlarv wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Well, Kim, you seem really upset that the idea of an utterly female-dominated society where males are worthless fuck toys wasn't seen through to its fullest. That's the main vibe I'm getting here.
Spoiler:

Case and point. If you make a fucking warrior Amazon tribe. Don't make them a pacifistic patriarchy. It just doesn't work, nor make any fucking sense. BJ is like a warhammer orc that speak eldar, act like a tau and use necron psychic powers. And became waghboss, because she has the best teaparties. Have to stick to some fucking logic. If you say you're ex: writing a accurate warhammer fanfic, you can't have all of the orc race be purple, and hate fighting, while  everything else is as it should. It sticks out like a sore snotling.
So no, it's not that Somber didn't "fulfil my man-hate fantasy", it's that they... kinda did a Metroid other M. Like "Yeah, have a story about a confident space merc bad-ass, and spend the entire game not once being bad-ass, instead: sulk, have daddy issues, and whine about being pathetic! Yeah!"
Female characters are inherently difficult to write, especially for male writers. Emotionally unstable characters are even harder. Add on to that a character having grown up in a situation that's hard to even imagine, and being a different species altogether and you've got an incredibly difficult character to write.

Maybe Somber hasn't written BJ perfectly, but at the very least he's been fairly consistent. But as far as I remember BJ had her values and she stuck to them, unless something world shattering has caused her to reconsider them altogether. And I applaud Somber for making the effort for 60+ chapters.

Kim, while some of your complaints are valid (and some are completely off the wall and have little to nothing to do with what you're complaining about or are completely inaccurate.) you're looking for something you're just not gonna get, and I think your main problem is that you are incapable of exercising suspension of disbelief .

Also I'm getting some serious mixed messages.
1. Are you saying the stable wasn't matriarchal/feminist enough?
2. Were you under the impression that BJ was full on lesbian? (my guess is you did)
3. You want the story to address sexuality more?
4. Why are you complaining about a story you clearly don't like and have actually stopped reading?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Everyonebait story.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 pm

XD:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next