Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:59 am

the real reason why I'm watching supernatural:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 am

meanwhile...full moon.:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kattlarv Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

cb5 wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@cb5: (what's "sock puppet" now again?)
A sock puppet is one someone makes a second account on a website to argue with you to make it seem as though their point is more popular.

Also Kat, I was playing touhou, do you like 2d bullet shooter games?  Touhou is a almost all female characters game, no sexism whatsoever, the creator even has said that he tries to make it as unsexual as possible and the female characters are in no way scantily clad at all.
Ah, alright. Think I have a couple people with those on my tail... know I at leas have a tendency to get downvoted, no matter WHAT I say in most places I post on a site. Like, I could more or less say the EXACT identical thing like someone that gets 18 upvotes, and I'll get down-voted, while at times they explain why what I said is wrong.

And not too much a fan of the "eye+finger-rape" games xD But I could see why others would like them.
Though, it is neat to see the characters actually wear mostly logical clothes. And potentially even have a character. Very rare, especially for a japanese game.

On a side note: this pretty much sums up my feel about morons on the internet.

@Last: (skullgirls) Yeah, heard about that.
But that said, it's more than one thing that has me a bit "eh" against it. Main being not that into fighting games.

@Robo: (dash) ... I honestly have no idea what it's trying to portray...

(turkey) *eyebrow* Personally don't even "get" twerking, nor why it even became a thing... then again, quite few fads make sense.

@String: (pants) Heh... I recall that song, it was sorta my "theme song" ages back when I played wow. My priest was known for always dying last (or not at all) when we wiped in raids, all thanks to my... leather shoes! Ah, was fun to occasionally combat res before they changed the combat xP Would mainly do that on my hunter though... point being, it was fun faffing about x3

@Katarn+Swicked: (Trixie) Heh, should I assume both you guys can guess what part in that comic that made me tonguesmirk a bit? x3
Anyhow, somewhat rather amusing comic. Technically some odd parts in it, but still better than many I see.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Robo: (dash) ... I honestly have no idea what it's trying to portray...
Neither do I.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Why does Sunset Shimmer have to have one of the best designs ever? She's so fucking beautiful.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. 144198
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Movie villains.
For 90 minutes they are the biggest threat the protagonists have ever/will ever face. 
Then they will never be heard from or talked about again.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Looking at derpiboo.ru, I must say..it's official. Today is tentacle day there. Be warned. I blame new season :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Kaidan's fic about plants is now canon. Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:28 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Fullsize-heeeeeeey-commander-58435
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:38 pm

@Katarn

That image still makes me chuckle.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:21 pm

latest ep of pones:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I have some awesome news. Around Christmas (17th of December I, believe), one of Frost's battle buddies is getting married, so Frost, Grimm, possibly our friend Darren, and myself are going to drive up to Indiana and get a motel for the wedding or something. I don't remember what exactly he said. Point being, I get to go on an awesome road trip with some of my best friends. Roid Rage

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank Ranger God for Christmas block leave, basically. And for getting our phones for a little bit because Delta 1-50 is slowly unfucking itself
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:40 pm

FROSTIE!!!! *hugz*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Thank Ranger God for Christmas block leave, basically. And for getting our phones for a little bit because Delta 1-50 is slowly unfucking itself
Good to see you again Frost! How was basic training?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

It's going well for me because I've been squared-away since Day 0. It's been a rough ride for some of our intellectually challenged brethren. The "Basic" portion of OSUT ends around the time leave starts, and the "AIT" portion will be from 1JAN14 until Valentine's day
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Mister Frost wrote:It's going well for me because I've been squared-away since Day 0. It's been a rough ride for some of our intellectually challenged brethren. The "Basic" portion of OSUT ends around the time leave starts, and the "AIT" portion will be from 1JAN14 until Valentine's day
Ah, more than a couple "that guys" in the platoon, is there?
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Mister Frost wrote:It's going well for me because I've been squared-away since Day 0. It's been a rough ride for some of our intellectually challenged brethren. The "Basic" portion of OSUT ends around the time leave starts, and the "AIT" portion will be from 1JAN14 until Valentine's day
Sorry, I don't speak military, what's OSUR and AIT mean? And what have these 'intellectually challenged' *coughdumbassescough* been having trouble on? IIRC, you joined the Army and not some other branch, right?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm

I missed your words on my eyeballs, Frost.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:14 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Sorry, I don't speak military, what's OSUR and AIT mean? And what have these 'intellectually challenged' *coughdumbassescough* been having trouble on? IIRC, you joined the Army and not some other branch, right?
AIT = Advanced Individual Training, aka job training.
OSUT = One Station Unit Training, where basic and AIT are rolled into one long course.

For example, when I joined, I went to basic at Fort Sill, and AIT at Fort Leonard Wood. But Frost is staying at Fort Benning for his entire training period.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:21 pm

@Frost, Iron
Grats on the wedding, fellas! And wb to the former!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost, Iron
Totally different meaning if you weren't paying attention like I was. Welcome back frost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Last wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost, Iron
Totally different meaning if you weren't paying attention like I was. Welcome back frost.
Moo hoo ha /deviouscow Not what was meant, but I could see the misunderstanding coming after I hit "Send." =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I get what you guys mean, and now I'm trying to keep from laughing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Ah, alright. Think I have a couple people with those on my tail... know I at leas have a tendency to get downvoted, no matter WHAT I say in most places I post on a site. Like, I could more or less say the EXACT identical thing like someone that gets 18 upvotes, and I'll get down-voted, while at times they explain why what I said is wrong.

And not too much a fan of the "eye+finger-rape" games xD But I could see why others would like them.
Though, it is neat to see the characters actually wear mostly logical clothes. And potentially even have a character. Very rare, especially for a japanese game.
It's less of a eye+finger rape game so much as a "FUCK! MY EYEBALLS!" sort of game.  The thing that sets touhou apart from other bullet shooters is that other bullet shooters don't show you were your hitbox is so half the time you die is utter bullshit.  It's not as hard as people claim it is cause in the later games you can just left shift to see your hitbox which makes it easier, but you move slower so if you need get out of the way you have to let go of the key to dodge.  The reason why a lot of people like touhou is that not only is it difficult, but it's fair.  Most games pull extreme amounts of bullshit and then slap it with the label of, "lol it's just a hard game".  If something is outside the hitbox you won't just randomly die cause the game things you're doing too well.

The reason why the clothing actually makes sense is that most of them are based off traditional eastern outfits in some sort.  Like Reimu(one of the two main characters), her clothing is based off a furisode.

Touhou is rated poorly as a whole cause there's three camps of people that review it.  The people that just don't like bullet shooters, that's fine that they don't like it.  People that like bullet shooters love it for the most part. . . . And then you get the generic frat boy that plays call of duty every day that leaves a review for the games going, "Dude bro they don't have no snipers rifles or slomo replays.  It's totally gay, 0 out of 10 worst game ever"

Popularity wise it's a lot like mlp for japan in that even though there's tons of more popular stuff out there it has a cult following and is based in a magical land.  The lore of it is really fun cause it blends shinto mythology with some western mythology and sets it both in the past and present.  It's a lot like mlp in that regard of both have modern appliances and such, but it's set as though if it's in the 1500's.

Basically touhou and mlp are so similar to each other in bases that the two franchises could be set in the same universe and we wouldn't ever notice.  I know it'll never happen, but I would so wish to see a crossover, cause it would be like that megaman and sonic crossover, or imagine if there was a star wars and star trek crossover, or such.

I know it'll never happen, but if there ever was a crossover episode then there's no way anyone would ever be able to top that episode.

A group is actually working on making a touhou anime and it's pretty much the same formula.  A slice of life in a magical land where magic is abused for even mundane things such as getting around instead of walking.

What starts out as a quest to find her donation box turns into a magic fight.

Most of the people that do like mlp when they try touhou they like it. Most of the people that do like touhou do like mlp when they try it.... I would just suggest starting out playing on easy mode, cause touhou is pretty hard. Like if you just go in and choose lunatic mode thinking you're going to 420 blaze it through you're going to die pretty fast.

Last edited by cb5 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I get what you guys mean, and now I'm trying to keep from laughing.
Is it because you're thinking of evil cow puns?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Last wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I get what you guys mean, and now I'm trying to keep from laughing.
Leather or not I can think of a pun is irrelevant. The thing about the wedding was amusing, if I understood what you got out of it.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Last wrote:
Are you guys trying to milk these puns again?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:08 pm

cb5 wrote:
Last wrote:
Are you guys trying to milk these puns again?
Do you have a beef with puns?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Last wrote:
Leather or not I can think of a pun is irrelevant. The thing about the wedding was amusing, if I understood what you got out of it.
Oh no, you did. :P

The Frost Iron wedding. There were many stabbings and puns and the occasional trip to a cellar from which none would return. But no one would forget the blood curdling screams and resounding groans that sounded from the chapel that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next