Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:38 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:SilentCarto, you're suggesting that Eclipse became Cognitum?
Nnnno... Eclipse was Princess Luna in disguise. Cognitum is a brain-scan copy of Luna, or more likely, Nightmare Moon. At the demonstration in the passage I quoted, Horse first tried to scan Goldie, and when he avoided it, Horse put the helmet on Eclipse. He was clearly trying to sneak secrets out of their heads, and he got more than he ever bargained for.

Luna is Eclipse!? Oooooh. Guess I need to read back on those parts.  Twilight crazy
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Eh? Where does it say that Vitiosus was a Legate back then? Or even that he was alive back then?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Luna is Eclipse!? Oooooh. Guess I need to read back on those parts.  Twilight crazy
Oh, yeah. Hehe. There was a scene once where Psalm was lurking outside Eclipse's office after being dismissed, when Celestia made a surprise visit and she heard Eclipse change voices into Luna.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:43 pm

In other news, while we haven't finished brushing the chapter yet, the writing is now complete. It's about fifty-two and a half pages long, and so much happens. And the end of the chapter... :D

Also, SilentCarto, I'd really appreciate knowing where you saw that. None of us can remember it being in, and I'd like to get it taken care of.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Luna is Eclipse!? Oooooh. Guess I need to read back on those parts.  Twilight crazy
It's never been stated directly, but it's implied so heavily that it could implode a star.

The first one was in Ch 49 where Psalm visits "Miss Eclipse".

“I’ve never met this Eclipse. Do they work for the Princess?”
“Something like that,” he replied with a smile...

“Psalm to see Miss Eclipse. Also, she’s here.”
There was a pause as a mare muttered under her breath and then said, “One second. Almost… there…” And then abruptly the voice changed and became deeper. “Send Miss Psalm in.”

I’m sure that your... soul... can be absolved in service to the Princess. I know she’ll forgive you.”
“She… she will?” I sniffed, rubbing my eyes.
“I’m sure of it,” Eclipse said...

“Princess Luna needs you [Eclipse]. She needs to speak with her sister
and wants us present.”
Eclipse actually frowned and rolled her eyes. “Not again. Honestly, why
can’t she simply go stay with Cadance?” Eclipse snorted scornfully, and
my shock must have shown because she immediately coughed and forced
a smile. “Ahem. Sorry to cut this short, but sometimes there’s just no
reasoning with my… with Princess Celestia.”

Eclipse "something like" works for Luna, and is very free with stating what Luna will do in the future.  She is obviously disguising at least her voice.  Eclipse is "needed" for a meeting between the sisters, and speaks about Celestia with a shocking degree of contemptuous familiarity.  But the last bit was the real giveaway; Eclipse almost slipped and said "my sister".

So at that first meeting there were already a lot of people suspicious that Eclipse is not an OIA operative or something but Luna in disguise.

Then in Chapter 55's memory orb:
[Goldenblood] gave a small snort. “Oh please, Eclipse. The princess isn’t going to
need this report.”
“You never know. She might,” the pegasus said with a mysterious little
smirk.

“Espionage on her own subjects. What would Her Majesty think?” Goldenblood said in an almost teasing voice.
“Princess Luna knows nothing about it whatsoever. Princess Luna sits on her throne and makes impressive speeches while the Ministries do all their acts behind her back. Poor Princess Luna,” Eclipse giggled as the world began to blur away.

The banter makes sense if Luna won't need the report because Luna's the one he's talking to right then, and while the last bit could read as cold-hearted cruel laughter, it makes more sense if it's irony. What she's saying there is the fiction she's working to create for those who are in on the secrets and think they're all sneaky, but are in fact being out-sneaked by the Princess herself.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Also, SilentCarto, I'd really appreciate knowing where you saw that.  None of us can remember it being in, and I'd like to get it taken care of.
It's in chapter 26, right before the first mention of "the Eater of Souls".
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:41 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Eh?  Where does it say that Vitiosus was a Legate back then?  Or even that he was alive back then?
I was probably mistaken. I can't find it now, I suspect it was just something that mentioned the last Caesar in conference with an unnamed Legate and I jumped to a conclusion. Sorry.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Tainted One Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Nnnng. Can't wait much longer.

The Tainted One
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 pm

yay  Fluttershy 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Tainted One Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

swicked wrote:You really won't need to, the final touches are being enacted as I post this.
No midnight posting this time.
<3 yay

The Tainted One
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Pardon me for getting on my soapbox...or whatever type of box you stand on to say something, I speak for everyone here when I say thank you to Somber and the PH editing team for creating such a wonderful story. Someone with Somber's writing talent and ability to tell such an amazing story should be a professional author. And special cheers should go to O. Hinds, Bronode, and swicked too, along with Snipehamster, Hidden Fortune (even if they aren't involved any more), and Icy Shake and everyone else for their aid in making the story even better. Well done.

Dash clapping
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Somber11
And 65, a big chapter in both length and impact!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:22 pm

O. Hinds wrote:And 65, a big chapter in both length and impact!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 539603__safe_pinkie+pie_animated_smile_bipedal_bow_dancing_pinkie+pride_spoiler-colon-s04e12_top+hat

Geez, look how excited Lyra is.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Borsuq wrote:Legate... with the last chapter, some people began to suspect that he migth have been around for the last 200 years.
Oh, we've been suspecting that for a lot longer. He was a member of the last Caesar's cabinet, remember? There's good reason to believe that he is in fact Orion, the Eternal Warrior from Sekashi's story. Though there's also those ghouls in Rocket Town who follow someone named Orion... hm.
Orion? I thought he was just a Silly Zebra.

SilentCarto wrote: I mean, why would he help to create the Tokomare only to turn around and want to destroy the "cursed city" and break the Maiden of the Stars on its molten ruins?
Maybe it isn't the maiden that needs breaking. One of the things I hope we get answered in the new chapter is how much of the suicidal tendencies fof the Eternal Warrior from Sekashi's story was to reflect Blackjack's current conflicts with self-dustructiveness and how much of it was an actual need for Viti to... to...

O. Hinds wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Somber11
NO I HAD TO DO THINGS TODAY YOU MONSTERS! YOU BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL MONSTERS!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:35 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I was probably mistaken. I can't find it now, I suspect it was just something that mentioned the last Caesar in conference with an unnamed Legate and I jumped to a conclusion. Sorry.
Ah, no problem. Yes, while Vitiosus may often be referred to in PH as "the Legate" (a title which I do not believe he deserves), Legate is, or at least was, a nonunique military rank.

Evilgidgit wrote:Pardon me for getting on my soapbox...or whatever type of box you stand on to say something, I speak for everyone here when I say thank you to Somber and the PH editing team for creating such a wonderful story. Someone with Somber's writing talent and ability to tell such an amazing story should be a professional author. And special cheers should go to O. Hinds, Bronode, and swicked too, along with Snipehamster, Hidden Fortune (even if they aren't involved any more), and Icy Shake and everyone else for their aid in making the story even better. Well done.
You're welcome, and thank you for the thanks.

Meleagridis wrote:NO I HAD TO DO THINGS TODAY YOU MONSTERS! YOU BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL MONSTERS!
:D

Speaking of things to do, though, I'd better go wash dishes...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 pm

O. Hinds wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/17/51/22/96/somber11.jpg
*hugs Somber and Hinds each gently*
Thank you Somber, and to all of the editors for your hard work.

I had a little trouble with google, but managed to get my copy downloaded, so I'll be looking forward to reading it tonight.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:58 pm

I hope that you enjoy it. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Itty bitty typo near the start, I think? 
"out of way" should maybe be "out of the way" or "out of his way"

Yay, chapter! I'm excited. Text to Speech pegs this one as 3 hours 52 minutes 27 seconds long, so I'll probably be listening to this one for quite a while.
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 pm

I read it! I read it! Loved it! Oh sweet Celestia! It was... Rainbow 

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Retl wrote:Itty bitty typo near the start, I think? 
"out of way" should maybe be "out of the way" or "out of his way"
Ah, thank you. The chapter is already full enough to prevent me from getting in, but I've put this on a list.

Retl wrote:Yay, chapter! I'm excited. Text to Speech pegs this one as 3 hours 52 minutes 27 seconds long, so I'll probably be listening to this one for quite a while.
That long? Wow.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Well... another chapter that makes me super excited and yet pissed... especially over the fact that I'll have to wait to find out what happened to Blackjack.

Also, when I get back from my five-day trip, I am posting a list of ways I want Steel Rain to die. It's really amazing how you made me hate him even more with this chapter. Kudos!

But seriously, now he is my second most hated fictional character, righ after Garrosh Hellscream. I want him to die. I want him to suffer. And if Blackjack will stop over his corpse for a moment to feel guilty, I am going to spend every breathing second of my life to create a portal to this story and slap her.

I... think I'm taking it to seriously... I think I'll go to sleep now...

Overall, awesome chapter. Here, this properly desrcibes how I feel right now:

Two, four, six, eight!
Name a story that's really great!
One, two, three, four!
Keeps you coming back for more!
Two, seven, nine, three!
The story that we all wanna read!
Four, three, two, one!
Somber's Project Horizons, that's the one!

Well, not exactly what I feel, I suppose. Would need a few lines about maiming a certain clad in a power armor tailhole... okay, I stop now.

I would love to write more about what I think about this chapter, but I really need get some sleep now. See you in a few days!
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 pm

...I am way beyond my ability to even right now.

Spoiler:

Apart from the various song playing around, this one was stuck in my head for most of the story. Fits kind of well, though.
Spoiler:

Last edited by RoboRed on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Not reading comments yet.

Hinds: "From the left came a colossal crash, and I gave the striped mare a nod. She returned it, and together we raced towards the red bar on my EFS."

To my recollection, EFS still doesn't work in the core because of the vast numbers of red bars. Did that get cleared up or something?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Not reading comments yet.

Hinds: "From the left came a colossal crash, and I gave the striped mare a nod.  She returned it, and together we raced towards the red bar on my EFS."

To my recollection, EFS still doesn't work in the core because of the vast numbers of red bars.  Did that get cleared up or something?
Hm, perhaps it's simply clearer in the big empty warehouse area than it is outside? There ought to be periods there, though, so I've put the bit on my list for that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:31 pm

too much awesome:

Too much awesome. At one point I just couldn't comment anymore it was so everything. Thanks you for another chapter, and thank you again for the story itself.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:52 pm

You know, Somber was worried that this chapter wouldn't be well-received? :)

Derpmind wrote:Logic error. If this was made before Canterlot was destroyed, how would Cognitium learn of Spike's cave through LittlePip's memoirs? Even worse, Spike's cave is supposed to be kept a secret untill Gardens of Equestria is activated.
For the first, there's a simple explanation: she made it a while ago and updated it but liked the Canterlot-blowing-up animation she made so much that she kept it in.
For the second, though, hm. Checking…
Ah, no problem, I think. Whether or not LittlePip left out Gardens of Equestria (I didn't find anything saying that she did, but I also didn't find anything saying that she didn't), Spike's cave, if not in the Book of LittlePip, would be an obvious hole: mention of the Battle of Dragon Mountain, and the fact that it was over a very important secret, was included in the two-weeks-later radio address.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am

So, okay chapter then?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 am

Somber wrote:So, okay chapter then?

Chapter 65:

Yes.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 am

I'm enjoying it thus far, but still haven't finished. 3:04:51 / 3:52:27. Off of the top of my head, there's at least three things that press my fun buttons in particular.
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 am

Emotionally nerve-wracking, but great.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next