Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Scienza wrote:Black Pony Mountain's gonna be important, ain't it. This is like the second time it's been specifically dismissed as not important, and this is definitely creepier.
I know, right?

That's an incredibly powerful defense spell it's got going.  A megaspell level "don't notice me" spell, if it's able to affect perceptions from a site dozens of miles away, if not more...

I thought that was actually creepier than the Goddess. The Goddess was a mental invasion, but it's big and overt. This is so subtle that it's terrifying.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Scienza wrote:
Downloaded Skill wrote:Who said there were only 5 chapters left?
Somber mentioned at the end of the chapter that there were probably only about five chapters left, give or take an epilogue or two.
Wait, what? That's not what it --

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:I hope that Thunderhead will post the link  be finished in 1-2 chapters, the core in 2-3, and the story in 5.  Then done... hard to imagine.
Well, firstly (actually, firstly, I'm pretty sure that the "post the link" thing is a typo, but I try not to edit author's notes too much), I expect that, whatever estimate Somber gives, the actual number of chapters will be more than that.  Secondly, I believe that that five is just for the stuff after the Core (the details of the stuff not being specified for reasons of spoiler prevention), putting the total estimate at 8-10 chapters.
Okay, yes, that's the same way I read it -- Five chapters from now we'll just be finishing the Core, and AFTER THAT, it's five MORE to finish the story.  (And yes I'm seeing that as a low estimate as well.)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Somber wrote:Ah, but if they did wash off, would he be white, black... or pink?
My immediate thought would be white. But I'd say pink for comedy's sake, heh.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I thought the dreams were a bit short, but I don't feel like they should be longer. Blackjack is finally having "normal" dreams and those don't last very long to begin with.
But are they normal?

The first of this kind of dream was more like one of Psalm's memories of a geology class, with people Blackjack knows inserted into the roles; a mix of memories and dreaming.

I'm not convinced this isn't the same thing.  She's picking up the general outline from somewhere else and re-interpreting it with faces and personalities she knows already...

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:BJ lost Folly at the Celestia.  Don't worry.  Somepony found it.
Oh, whew, that is such a relief!  I'm sure, after all, that whoever now has Folly couldn't possibly have any bad intentions!  :D
That brings up an interesting point.

Blackjack had just fired Folly to destroy the Celestia; it was empty when she lost it.  All known Silver Bullets are in cases that appear to be DNA-locked to Twilight Sparkle.

So who else could possibly open one to get anything to shoot with it?

swicked wrote:Whoever might of found Folly, almost every bullet they've come across has been in a bio-locked case, the only exception I recall being the dissected bullet.
Is there going to be another ministry mare descendant?
...yes, that.

Unless they are able to build a brand new shell... Cognitum.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:*cue TVTrope marking this as a literal "Noodle Incident"*
Heh, I hadn't thought about that, it's been a while since I went to TVTropes.  Though I don't know, would it be more fitting as a 'subverted' Noodle Incident possibly?
Not A Subversion, of the Square Peg, Round Trope variety. A subversion means you specifically set up the audience to expect a trope to be used, and then fail to use the trope or use it in a surprisingly reversed way; an incident that happens on screen right in front of us that happens to involve noodles is not at all related to a Noodle Incident.

A Noodle Incident is something vaguely referred to but never directly addressed on-screen.  The only subversion I can think of would be something like,
Bert: "Heh, this is just like that time in Manilla with the grease pit and the monkey."
Phil: "Oh, you mean that time I was visiting my grandparents in Manilla when a rogue monkey stole my grandmother's beloved pearl earrings and ran off with them, and I chased him through the whole town, and when I finally caught him, we both rolled down a hill and wound up crashing into the grease pit out back of the Fry Daddy and it took a week before I didn't smell like rancid grease?"
Bert: <long pause> <through gritted teeth>  "...yes.  That time."
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 am

Thus why I put normal in quotations. Honestly I have no idea what normal for Blackjack would be now haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:55 am

Ch. 60 Commentary:
Can I gush? Of course I can, it's my post, why am I asking you? This chapter was just amazing. I think this is my favorite chapter for a long time! A great contrast with the previous chapters, too. Maripony had this sense of unstoppable dread, with BJ getting dragged along whether she liked it or not and the reader knowing what's about to happen. This chapter, on the other hoof, was a wild, wooly, utterly unpredictable thrill ride. I loved how the shift in setting provided so much opportunity for sudden reversals and unexpected opportunities (and a decent dose of hilarity!) I think pretty much everyone just got a wrench thrown into their plans (except maybe Cognitum), and it'll be fascinating to see how it all shakes out.

Good luck in Vegas, Somber! Watch out for Fiends!

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 am

Icy Shake wrote:And this MDW can teleport and has wings . . . interesting. I guess the wings could be mechanical but more likely the armor has built-in teleportation capability, or there is armor to cover the wings, even if the user doesn't have them. Can't say which, just yet, but I'm leaning toward the latter.
I'm not quite prepared to accept that she can teleport. It may just be a special effect to disguise her cloaking.

Icy Shake wrote:Is that a jab at Homage? I might just be reading in something not intended. Not that she was presented as a 10kw bulb originally, but still.
More like a barometer of Chicanery's incomplete view of events. He saw Pip with some mare named Homage, but he has no idea who she is or how significant she is.

Icy Shake wrote:Most incomprehensible of all was a strange pink filly with a toy gun that somehow brought down beams of light from the skies.
This . . . makes some weird canon things happen. I'll just hope that that one's (seriously, horrendously) terrible Nightmare isn't part of PH.
You're taking what happens inside the head of a mad Canterlot ghoul as canon? :) (Assuming the Nightmare stayed inside Puppy's head, that is. I haven't actually read past chapter two.)

Icy Shake wrote:Nice to see Glory's mom again, and I guess the thing keeping everyone down is the ambient Enervation field? This should be good, and it's interesting that she seems to be at least somewhat in control.
More importantly, whatever it is that's knocked everyone out doesn't affect Boo. I'm not surprised that BJ isn't affected, since she's got super-organs that resist toxins and some kind of magical protection, but the blank? What the heck are you, Boo?

Icy Shake wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to say that KKat almost certainly made a mistake considering the context of her one use of "laser," but to paraphrase Dr. Farnsworth, I was thinking it loudly.
Pfft, like Kkat's writing is even remotely error-free.

Somber wrote:I tried to make lasers= incineration beams and plasma - disintegration spell. But Raptor plasma cannons kinda mehed that.
Well, plasma is a disintegration spell, they just happen to call it "plasma" too. I'd personally prefer to avoid using the word "plasma" as much as possible without making the wording super-awkward.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Eef

Somber wrote:Loved your observations and I'm glad I gave you some laughs. Things are going to go down hill rather quickly the next two chapters... but now BJ is tough enough to handle it.
That's the best part of the roller coaster!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:26 am

O. Hinds wrote:
However, you should leave.  Thunderhead law enforcement will be occupied tomorrow, so you should just pad your ship again and go home.
I just realized this means MDW saw them enter Thunderhead. Not sure what that means yet, but... hmm.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Technowolf wrote:Is it bad that I really want 'The Adventures of Royal Guard Blackjack & Her Friendly Friends' as a thing now?
…Well, I guess we've got an idea for one of the PH spinoffs now. :D

WavemasterRyx wrote:My immediate thought would be white. But I'd say pink for comedy's sake, heh.
:)

[quote="SilentCarto"]
Ch. 60 Commentary:
Can I gush? Of course I can, it's my post, why am I asking you? This chapter was just amazing. I think this is my favorite chapter for a long time! A great contrast with the previous chapters, too. Maripony had this sense of unstoppable dread, with BJ getting dragged along whether she liked it or not and the reader knowing what's about to happen. This chapter, on the other hoof, was a wild, wooly, utterly unpredictable thrill ride. I loved how the shift in setting provided so much opportunity for sudden reversals and unexpected opportunities (and a decent dose of hilarity!) I think pretty much everyone just got a wrench thrown into their plans (except maybe Cognitum), and it'll be fascinating to see how it all shakes out.

Good luck in Vegas, Somber! Watch out for Fiends!

Editing:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:No need to tell this in the past perfect tense.
No, because Blackjack is describing something that happened prior to her saying this; since the story is told in past tense, simple past tense here would put it in the story's "present"… I think. That's how Blackjack was able to describe what the inside looks like.

SilentCarto wrote:I would advise you to make this "books that had been old".
Sorry, but why?

SilentCarto wrote:I supposed that the Enclave would have liked to cover it up entirely, but when a balefire bomb went off, some ponies were likely to notice.
Sigh… I still think that that sentence is fine as is, but, given the sheer number of people pointing it out as an error, I'll put your correction in.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Third Wind Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto
No need to tell this in the past perfect tense.
No, because Blackjack is describing something that happened prior to her saying this; since the story is told in past tense, simple past tense here would put it in the story's "present"… I think.  That's how Blackjack was able to describe what the inside looks like.
Sorry, but Blackjack isn't saying anything, it is story's "present", isn't it?

Third Wind
Foal

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:50 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:And this MDW can teleport and has wings . . . interesting.
I'm not quite prepared to accept that she can teleport. It may just be a special effect to disguise her cloaking.
It could be that, but it looked like a teleport, and Blackjack described it as such, so we really have no reason to decide it wasn't one.

For that matter, we didn't actually see that she had wings.  We saw that the all-concealing power suit had wings, which isn't the same thing.  We didn't see Mare Do Well flying on 'em, so we can't be sure.  She might've been a teleport-capable unicorn under the hat, using a cloudwalking spell (which is common knowledge among the Tower-dwelling unicorn population).  Anyway, Rampage reported that MDW on the surface sometimes uses powerful magic to fight, other times unarmed or guns.  I think that alone supports the idea that MDW is continuing as a persona shared by many individuals.

All of which doesn't exclude Ghoul-Dash, Robo-Dash, or Cyborg-Dash from having been the founding member, of course.  It's entirely possible.  (And I could totally see the head of the Ministry of Awesome commissioning a realistic brain-scan droid from Apple Bloom to cover for her when she wanted to get out of the office or something.)

But, I think it's more likely that Dash's fate remains a mystery, and MDW is just a legacy passed down through two centuries as the non-face of an utterly secret organization.  And when the authorities got too close, they provided a scapegoat to deflect suspicion (or possibly Spruce tried to copycat, too awkwardly to be accepted in to the order, and they turned him in as a handy scapegoat).
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Third Wind wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto
No need to tell this in the past perfect tense.
No, because Blackjack is describing something that happened prior to her saying this; since the story is told in past tense, simple past tense here would put it in the story's "present"… I think.  That's how Blackjack was able to describe what the inside looks like.
Sorry, but Blackjack isn't saying anything, it is story's "present", isn't it?
She's narrating from the story's (past tense) present something that happened in the story's past.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:17 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Scienza wrote:Black Pony Mountain's gonna be important, ain't it. This is like the second time it's been specifically dismissed as not important, and this is definitely creepier.
I know, right?

That's an incredibly powerful defense spell it's got going.  A megaspell level "don't notice me" spell, if it's able to affect perceptions from a site dozens of miles away, if not more...

I thought that was actually creepier than the Goddess.  The Goddess was a mental invasion, but it's big and overt.  This is so subtle that it's terrifying.
Aye. There's definitely something big there, an Ursa Major by most accounts.

Speculation:

Also, is Dream Blackjack who she'd be in show canon?

FeatherDust wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Downloaded Skill wrote:Who said there were only 5 chapters left?
Somber mentioned at the end of the chapter that there were probably only about five chapters left, give or take an epilogue or two.
Wait, what?  That's not what it --

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:I hope that Thunderhead will post the link  be finished in 1-2 chapters, the core in 2-3, and the story in 5.  Then done... hard to imagine.
Well, firstly (actually, firstly, I'm pretty sure that the "post the link" thing is a typo, but I try not to edit author's notes too much), I expect that, whatever estimate Somber gives, the actual number of chapters will be more than that.  Secondly, I believe that that five is just for the stuff after the Core (the details of the stuff not being specified for reasons of spoiler prevention), putting the total estimate at 8-10 chapters.
Okay, yes, that's the same way I read it -- Five chapters from now we'll just be finishing the Core, and AFTER THAT, it's five MORE to finish the story.  (And yes I'm seeing that as a low estimate as well.)

*rereads*

I have brought dishonor upon my family. I will now read an incoherent Twilight fanfic in penance.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Scienza wrote:Also, is Dream Blackjack who she'd be in show canon?
...I haven't even thought of that. I was just associating those dreams with Happyhorn, for some reason. Derpy Hooves
Well, people were interrupting me while I read.

It goes without saying that I'd read a story about that too, if it existed.

I have brought dishonor upon my family. I will now read an incoherent Twilight fanfic in penance.
SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Scienza wrote:Also, is Dream Blackjack who she'd be in show canon?
...I haven't even thought of that. I was just associating those dreams with Happyhorn, for some reason. Derpy Hooves
Well, people were interrupting me while I read.

It goes without saying that I'd read a story about that too, if it existed.
It also reminded me of Happyhorn too. In my headcanon multiverse, Happyhorn is Blackjack in FoE proper (no Goldenblood, OIA, etc.) Rarity's still doing some equivalent of Project Eternity, and the war's going on, but the additions to the canon aren't there. 

You could also probably say that the dreams are Blackjack's "mended" (I use this term in the loosest possible sense, since this is still Blackjack we're talking about) brain recreating a nicer version of the Happyhorn simulation.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!
Shy
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Scienza wrote:
Speculation:
Personally I think the Eater of Souls is a alicorn inside the star metal.  If it's called star metal then it obviously comes from a star, and when blackjack died she saw a alicorn go supernova.  So that means the star the alicorn was linked to is dead, the question is what happened to the alicorn?  All non-hydrogen elements came from stars.  The matter that we are made of came from stars.  When the super massive stars at the beginning of the universe went supernova all of the elements we come to love were created.  Equestria was made from the explosion of a star.  All planets were made from stars.  Our sun was made from the original stars in the universe.  It's not that big of a stretch to guess that star metal came from a star or that the Eater Of Souls came from a star either.

If that is true then wouldn't that mean the eater of souls is a alicorn from one of the stars at the beginning of the universe?

It is theorized that our universe is part of a larger multiverse.  The multiverse theory states that our universe is a m-brane in a massless energyless universe, and that the big bang wasn't the only big bang to have existed.  The reason being is that energyless space is extremely unstable and that it destabilizes and in a instant the big bang happened.  Eventually our "universe" will go through entropy decay until all our matter and energy dissapates into to near nothingness and then probably another universe will be born.  At the beginning of our universe super massive stars were born made from hydrogen, then they lost energy rapidly cause the larger a star the faster it goes through it's energy, when it hits iron game over it dies.  The iron in your frying pan is the ultimate destroyer in the universe cause it EXPLODED a star.  I'm not even talking about massive amount, rather when iron hits the internal fusion reaction in a star it starts a rapid chain reaction in which it creates heavier and heavier elements none of which produce enough energy to keep the fusion reaction going until it dies.  Then the fusion reaction stops and if it's large enough it explodes and creates our planet and such after a long time.

How does this tie into FoE and mlp?

If their universe was made in a similar way then that would mean magic and "souls" or what have you are a type of energy that was created from stars as well.
Meaning:
1)The EoS is a alicorn.
2)The EoS's supernova is what created celestia, luna, equestria and such.
3)Magic is a type of energy.
4)Magic was created in the center of stars as well.
5)Magic probably is a type of radiation.  It could be something like their universe follows a difference set of rules and that a type of radiation in our universe follows different rules in their.  It would explain balefire bombs cause that would mean the radiation from a h-bomb instead of emitting gamma radiation and such would exert "magic" radiation instead.
6)That would mean magic is effected by gravity due to Celestia and Luna having no clear origin in any FoE lore or mlp canon, but exist.  Meaning the stars' and planets' gravity well causing "magic" radiation to get sucked up like regular matter and thus Celestia and Luna are magically brewed beings.
7)Enervation is a magic "gravity" well sucking up "magic" instead of letting it dissapate.
8 )The reason why Celestia and Luna exist, but not a equestria alicorn is that there's no life on the sun or moon thus the magic that would have normally gone into making a alicorn in equestria went into life instead.

Tl:dr; What if instead of gamma radiaton a universe had "magic"?
Don't worry take your time.  If you need to expand the chapters any bit do so.  If you need to take more time to make them then we can wait.  Just do what you need to do to write the story, just don't wrap it up too fast.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:04 pm

So I haven't gotten around to that re-read yet, but I just realized this:

PH ch. 60 wrote: I raced past the living room, where my little sister Boo waited impatiently in her soft pink dress. “You’re not dressing up? You should dress up. Mom, make her dress up!”
“Ugh! We don’t have time,” I groaned. “He’s not going to care if I’m not all frou-froued up!”
We need speculation on who 'he' refers to. Is it P-21? Stygius? Lancer? It is of utmost importance! Twilight crazy

Third Wind wrote:What else Russian perspective would you like apart from telling that PH is awesome?
Two questions please: What's the address for that imageboard, (I can't find it for some reason,) and will stuffing it through google translate give a semi-inteligible translation?
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:13 pm

cb5 wrote:
Wow... that is some intense theorizing. I don't think that the EoS is an alicorn though, or at least not in the same sense that any of the princesses were alicorns. I think it's something more akin to Discord except ramped up by a thousand. A deeply malicious and intelligent neutron star, its immense physical and metaphysical mass sucking in all that approaches. It's seen as a whirling maelstrom of damnation because it's a whirling maelstrom of damnation. It's not an alicorn in the starmetal, the alicorn is the starmetal.

That, or it's that goddamn space whale.

Derpmind wrote:

PH ch. 60 wrote:I raced past the living room, where my little sister Boo waited impatiently in her soft pink dress.  “You’re not dressing up?  You should dress up.  Mom, make her dress up!”
“Ugh!  We don’t have time,” I groaned.  “He’s not going to care if I’m not all frou-froued up!”
We need speculation on who 'he' refers to. Is it P-21? Stygius? Lancer? It is of utmost importance! Twilight crazy
Goldenblood?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Scienza wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Wow... that is some intense theorizing. I don't think that the EoS is an alicorn though, or at least not in the same sense that any of the princesses were alicorns. I think it's something more akin to Discord except ramped up by a thousand. A deeply malicious and intelligent neutron star, it's incredible physical and spiritual mass sucking in all who approach. It's seen as a whirling maelstrom of damnation because it's a whirling maelstrom of damnation. It's not an alicorn in the starmetal, the alicorn is the starmetal.

The EoS could have been a alicorn before it's star died, but yeah it's probably not a 100% alicorn anymore with it's star dead. If it still has a physical body that it could walk around in it probably is not going to be a pretty sight at all.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Wow... that is some intense theorizing. I don't think that the EoS is an alicorn though, or at least not in the same sense that any of the princesses were alicorns. I think it's something more akin to Discord except ramped up by a thousand. A deeply malicious and intelligent neutron star, it's incredible physical and spiritual mass sucking in all who approach. It's seen as a whirling maelstrom of damnation because it's a whirling maelstrom of damnation. It's not an alicorn in the starmetal, the alicorn is the starmetal.

The EoS could have been a alicorn before it's star died, but yeah it's probably not a 100% alicorn anymore with it's star dead.  If it still has a physical body that it could walk around in it probably is not going to be a pretty sight at all.
Given the enemies that Blackjack's fought so far, that actually really wouldn't surprise me.

Especially if it is Black Pony Mountain.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Scienza wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:
cb5 wrote:

The EoS could have been a alicorn before it's star died, but yeah it's probably not a 100% alicorn anymore with it's star dead.  If it still has a physical body that it could walk around in it probably is not going to be a pretty sight at all.
Given the enemies that Blackjack's fought so far, that actually really wouldn't surprise me.

Especially if it is Black Pony Mountain.
I was thinking more along the lines of a super lich ghost zombie alicorn with it's guts falling out and evaporating into nothingness and every step it takes anything it touches dies instantly as the victim's soul is sucked instantly out with it constantly saying, "make us whole" and every time it touches a victim you can see the victim's soul get sucked out and part of the alicorn's body you can see a head and hooves under the alicorn's skin of it's victim mouthing and hear in your head the words, "help me" psychically before being silenced.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:To state the obvious, the fact Dawn showed up in time to kill the Councilor can't be a coincidence. No, my thing is... if the whole house has been affected by the sleep spell, who let the Councilor in? And what more, was Dawn waiting for them, or just happened to show up and start killing them anyways? Only thing I can safely say is that Dawn did not go out of her way to kidnap the Councilor and all her guards just to slaughter them in the house, they somehow got in the house and was killed when they was deeper inside.
I suspect that Stargazer was coming to capture the "Dashite" and her surfacer friends, either on Moonshadow's say so or after giving Moonshadow a big smile and assuring her that she'd do the right thing. The question, I think, is whether Dawn is under continuous control by Cog or if she's still in charge unless she crosses Cog. If Dawn is in charge, she may have acted to protect her family. If not, then I'm concerned that Cog is setting the household up for a murder rap.

swicked wrote:Okay, let me get this straight...NO ONE is stopping them to ask how they got up there? I mean, MAYBE they might not pay enough attention to notice the lack of wings, but the horn should be a dead giveaway and would immediately pull attention to the earth ponies in their number who have no obvious reason to be up-
Remember, Thunderhead does have unicorns. They live in the tower and use the cloudwalking spell to do magical jobs for the city.

swicked wrote:Seriously, if I recall correctly, the ministry of awesome was kinda sitting on a lot of funds since its leader uh... kinda lacked the direction the others had. Mostly because she was never cut out for administrative work, anyway, and field work was where the real action was.
But to control the weather throughout Equestria? Sure, it was a weapon. Sure, it was a defense system, too.
And, yeah, sure it meant there'd be no more need for weather ponies. This was industry, though. We could make it, so we did. At least it was protected by a shield that NOBODY BUT RAINBOWDASH should have been able to enter. Not that that stopped Celestia.
Okay, lemme see here... first, remember that the MAw was Equestria's black ops division. Dash didn't just lead the Shadowbolts; that's simply all she did publically (outside of the SPP). Second, the shield was originally keyed to all the Ministry Mares, both princesses, and probably several other higher-ups. But when Celestia invested her soul into the system, shield included, one of the effects was making the shield effectively impermeable to everyone. Thus the Enclave's increasingly frustrated attempts to penetrate it.

swicked wrote:
I hissed like ruptured steam pipe as I looked at him; he wore some fancy new white power armor. Something about it seemed… familiar.
Ugh, not a bad look for the jerk, but it looks familiar? In a way other than him having worn it before?
White with no armament makes me think "medic", so would Fluttershy of ever worn something like this?
Perhaps it looks similar to Dawn's cyberskin?

swicked wrote:
What was the weapon he’d mentioned? Had he found Folly? That might be good for one Raptor.
Totally don’t even remember her losing that thing.
Edit from the future:
She didn't lose it on the Celestia, since she showed it to Sanguine in chapter 39.
So... what happened?
She did drop it when she destroyed HMS Celestia. Her having it in Ch. 39 was an error I pointed out in my chapter review, and Hinds corrected it -- you must have an outdated copy of the chapter.

swicked wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 240px-Toaster_OWB
“Yes, you match the advertisement perfectly!” the doctor crowed. “‘Wastelanders!’ And that LittlePip! Ooooh, she can fix my toaster any day.” He then blinked. “No. Really. She can. Darn thing has been broken forever!”
Toaster: IT KNOWS WHAT IT DID
Thanks for the laugh. Spike 

swicked wrote:There isn't a poison in existence that could possibly take her out.
Must be magic... though, if that's the case, why wouldn't they hit Boo with it?
I mean, Mare-do-well might want to talk with Blackjack again, but not Boo...
Edit from the future:
Okay, even more confused... why is Boo awake?
That is an excellent question...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 pm

In the penultimate chapter, Boo reveal that she was secretly the Eater of Soul all along, and grows wings and a horn.

"THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In the penultimate chapter, Boo reveal that she was secretly the Eater of Soul all along, and grows wings and a horn.

And it turns out that Boo was Folly all along.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In the penultimate chapter, Boo reveal that she was secretly the Eater of Soul all along, and grows wings and a horn.

cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Wait...

I just realized something.

Is Boo getting smarter because Discord went inside her head?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Folly IS the Eater of Souls IS Boo IS Discord

all is clear
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Serious time now...

IIRC, Boo was already showing signs of being a "special" blank even before they came into contact with Discord (at least "on-screen"), so the evidences would tend to point to Boo being something special in the first place. If only special in the "one in a million fluke of the system" brand of the matter.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm

(continuation of my previous post regarding Boo)

She was special in the sense that while the other blanks seemed happy enough to stay close to each other and close from the machine that birthed them until they died of thirst and hunger, Boo actually moved from the herd and started acting as an individual, with some measure of survival instinct.

And what we see today is that her survival instinct is among the things that makes us say that she "has a score of 10 in luck".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next