Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Similar in design, not in color, is what I believe he was saying.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Serious time now...

IIRC, Boo was already showing signs of being a "special" blank even before they came into contact with Discord (at least "on-screen"), so the evidences would tend to point to Boo being something special in the first place. If only special in the "one in a million fluke of the system" brand of the matter.
But she shouldn't be undergoing such rapid increases. When Blackjack encountered her, she was at the level of a medium-intelligence dog, and if it was due to glitch in the cloning process, she should have stayed at that level.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Sure, wasn't trying to say it couldn't have done anything. Just that she was already special to some degree to begin with.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 pm

And now she's also show-canon Blackjack's sister.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In the penultimate chapter, Boo reveal that she was secretly the Eater of Soul all along, and grows wings and a horn.

"THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM"
I actually approve of the idea that Boo is the real maiden all along. Blackjack is just taking the heat for it since who would assume the little white mare is capable of such a thing.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Remind me : Hyppocratic happened BEFORE the Celestia, right ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Remind me : Hyppocratic happened BEFORE the Celestia, right ?
After. That's why Blackjack got really nostalgic when she saw her pre-robot clone.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 pm

So she had already BEEN a star (to some extent) before encountering Boo. So I'm not sure Tyler's idea could fit.

I dunno.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm not sure what to think about the whole Maiden of the Stars thing. My theories regarding it range from Blackjack being a Robot Death God to her merely being the descendant of Twilight Sparkle, fabled bearer of the star butt-mark.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 pm

My god... It all makes sense.

Ever since he was forced to do cosplay as a mare named Sparkler, the truth has been out there, revealed. Underneath his twenty-one dots, P-21 must bear the butt-mark of the stars, the ancestral Sparkle sign.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Scienza wrote:I'm not sure what to think about the whole Maiden of the Stars thing. My theories regarding it range from Blackjack being a Robot Death God to her merely being the descendant of Twilight Sparkle, fabled bearer of the star butt-mark.
Or she really is the star maiden, but the prophecy was wrong.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Or it might just be nonsense, like with the prophecy in Zebratown in the original FoE. Nonsense, yet still convincing enough to change the future.

Also, I wonder how much starmetal's in Blackjack. There's a lot the Professor never told her about her robotness, and I don't think that it's a coincidence that the Maiden stuff starts appearing right as she's dealing with her newfound non-sleeping metalness.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Scienza wrote:Or it might just be nonsense, like with the prophecy in Zebratown in the original FoE. Nonsense, yet still convincing enough to change the future.

Also, I wonder how much starmetal's in Blackjack. There's a lot the Professor never told her about her robotness, and I don't think that it's a coincidence that the Maiden stuff starts appearing right as she's dealing with her newfound non-sleeping metalness.
My money is on Four Stars being behind both and intentionally antagoinizing the conflicts.  They probably know how to predict probable futures and use that knowledge to steer history how they want it.  Think of it as bioshock infinite, it's not actually predicting the future, rather it's telling probability and knowing what is needed for something to occur.

It's theoretically possible to predict the future in such a manner if you input enough variables and you can get a theoretical percentage chance of something happening. Like in theory if you put into a machine any and all information about any and all wars to have occured in history you could theoretically "predict" when the next war was going to happen and where it was to happen.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:58 pm

It would actually be really interesting to look into Four Stars. Though they aided the zebras, their motivations seem to be a bit more complicated than that.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Scienza wrote:It would actually be really interesting to look into Four Stars. Though they aided the zebras, their motivations seem to be a bit more complicated than that.
My money is on they were "helping" zebras when in reality they knew the only way to ever take control directly instead of by proxy was for a mass exctinction to occur.

What I mean by that is they probably when the balefire bombs hit they probably were all in acapulco drinking a martini watching the bombs go off in the distance chanting, "SUCKERS!"
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 pm

That works really well with the headcanon I got really into a few pages back, in which I said that Twilacorn doesn't exist in FoE because the zebras used time travel to ensure that she never existed.

Also, Sunset Shimmer screwed up reality to become Queen of the Wasteland. Her attitude of "I don't care about Equestria if I can become demon-Satan of another world" works well with your Four Stars.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Scienza wrote:That works really well with the headcanon I got really into a few pages back, in which I said that Twilacorn doesn't exist in FoE because the zebras used time travel to ensure that she never existed.

Also, Sunset Shimmer screwed up reality to become Queen of the Wasteland. Her attitude of "I don't care about Equestria if I can become demon-Satan of another world" works well with your Four Stars.
Actually twilight travelling to a parallel universe and the one time she time travelled probably created a parallel universe in the process. Also no it's not time travel. If you input enough variables to estimate probable future history events you could theoretically "predict" the future. What I mean by that is if you have a machine that predicts probability if someone time travels or goes to another universe and comes back it will really screw up your machine and make it not able to predict even a coin toss anymore cause the future you predicted has been irreprebably changed to something else.

What I mean by that is in mlp canon there could be a four stars company, but their plan probably fell through the floor in season 2 cause how they "predict" the future stopped working all together cause mlp canon timeline's got altered and whatever four stars uses for telling probability couldn't do it for the new timeline. What I mean by that is what if someone had a machine that could tell the future ONLY for a timeline where Obama wins the presidency, now imagine if someone were to go back in time and change the timeline to Romney winning instead? Well then tough shit cause all that money you put into making it went to waste.

The reason why predicting the future in real life doesn't work is that it only would work in a newtonian universe cause the littlest variable cause completely fuck your research. In real life if you spent the entire GDP for the world for a hundred years on a machine that can predict the future all it would take for the machine to break is for someone to accidentally step on a twig somewhere when they're not supposed to timeline wise and there goes all that money down the toilet.

Tl:dr; FoE has not been canon ever since season 2's "lesson zero" cause Twilight changed the timeline.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 pm

cb5 wrote:Tl:dr; FoE has not been canon ever since season 2's "lesson zero" cause Twilight changed the timeline.
Um, unless I'm missing something, isn't the time traveling episode 'It's about time'?[/quote]
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 pm

stringtheory wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:Tl:dr; FoE has not been canon ever since season 2's "lesson zero" cause Twilight changed the timeline.
Um, unless I'm missing something, isn't the time traveling episode 'It's about time'?
Shit, whoops.

Well you get my point.  Predicting the future is impossible, predicting probability is, but predicting probability of something can only give you the probability of something happening so even if something has a 99.9999% chance of happening all it would take is for the 0.0001% chance of happening and there goes all future probability predictions.

Basically physics wise you can only predict the future until you guess wrong and then any and all future predicts are automatically void cause the probability of such events happens have changed by unknown amounts.  The easiest way to break someone from predicting the future is to shuffle a deck of cards one hundred times and then ask them to predict the top card and then it's forever broken for the rest of time cause even if they guess right the variables have changed so much that it's impossible for them to make any future predictions.

Tl:dr; The easiest way to break a set definite timeline and set points in time is with a deck of cards.

Also that's kind of funny in a sense. The easiest way to break a fixed timeline is a deck of cards and that blackjack's cutie mark is cards.

Last edited by cb5 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:"Cloud clothing" - Well that's certainly something new.
Are you sure? "Don't forget some magic in the dress..." I always kind of assumed the cloudy bits of Rainbow's gala dress were actually clouds.

Speaking of which, some folks have been complaining about objects not falling through the clouds. While I understand the argument, Rainbow's house in Read It and Weep and the weather factory in Sonic Rainboom both have apparently normal flooring to put the furniture on. The flight camp in Cutie Mark Chronicles and the Wonderbolts Academy both have signposts and flagpoles planted directly into the clouds in the background. I have to assume that they don't get unicorns to enchant every single thing they want to put on a cloud, so they presumably have some way to either make "construction-grade clouds" that can support objects, or they can consciously make objects "cloud-compliant". There's no obvious difference between 'regular' and pegasus objects, which suggests the latter, but Dash demonstrated the former ability when she saved the other five (...four) in Wonderbolts Academy, so... maybe it's a little of both.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Also yeah, Chicanery, most ponies don't like being spied on, you're very lucky Blackjack didn't slug you. Or you know... take your berries...
Glory threw her into a wall last time she did that. Twilight Sparkle

WavemasterRyx wrote:"[...] all played some kind of electronic game involving shooting ponies for fun." - I've always had such a dilemma with this... while Call of Duty / Battlefield games would be sweet ponified, I don't know how I could bring myself to ever shoot them... maybe if it were just paintballs or something...
Pies. Sweetie Belle 

FeatherDust wrote:Oh geez, it took until the end of the chapter when BJ gave the raspberries to Boo before I figured out he was selling fruit, not drugs.
Glory mentioned that back in chapter 28, if you recall.

Glory smirked at me. “Believe it or not, that’s one of the major selling points of the VC. The fact is that only a few surface crops were adaptable to cloud seeding. It gives us basic staples but lacks something in the way of variety. Have you ever tasted a strawberry?” I shook my head, and she gave a shiver. “Well, neither had anypony in Thunderhead. Father won a major vote to get the VC more assistance from the security forces after passing out a dozen cartons. And there was nearly a riot when blueberry samples were provided.”
“A riot? For berries?” I muttered, stunned.
“Oh, yes. Cloud grain may be nutritious, but it’s hardly tasty,” she said with a laugh. “Folks were so amazed by the flavor that now anything with the word ‘berry’ in the name is classified as a controlled substance. So, despite all the stories of death and disease, VC recruitment numbers haven’t dropped off as much as some anticipated.”
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Depends on the universe, and what you're trying to predict. The card trick wouldn't do a thing to someone making, for instance, predictions based on the science of psychohistory. And remember, you can always run the probabilities again based on new information, react to them, and it all just turns into a problem in control theory.

Oh, and as far as I remember, Glory never reacted too badly to Blackjack taking berries, as long as she didn't return them afterward. Spike 
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:"Cloud clothing" - Well that's certainly something new.
Are you sure? "Don't forget some magic in the dress..." I always kind of assumed the cloudy bits of Rainbow's gala dress were actually clouds.
I guess so. Just, you know... don't upset any pegasi when you're wearing clothes made of clouds.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Depends on the universe, and what you're trying to predict. The card trick wouldn't do a thing to someone making, for instance, predictions based on the science of psychohistory. And remember, you can always run the probabilities again based on new information, react to them, and it all just turns into a problem in control theory.

Oh, and as far as I remember, Glory never reacted too badly to Blackjack taking berries, as long as she didn't return them afterward. Spike 
That's why I said it would work in a newtonian universe.  Considering that radiation exists I would have to say that it's not a newtonian universe.

The problem with pscyhohistory and taking into account new variables is that again it only works in a newtonian universe.  Once new variables are introduced any and all past variables are void as well.  In short it breaks your entire machine completely.  That again is why probability prediction is possible cause it only gives you probability of something happening, whereas predicting the future is not possible in any and all non-newtonian universes.  If a universe has stars in it then predicting the future can not exist cause a universe which stars are possible means that there has to be subatomic particles and thus is non-newtonian.

Tl:dr; If a universe has stars in it then 100% predicting the future can not exist cause a universe where there's stars means it's non-newtonian and non-newtonian universe directly conflicts with predicting the future.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:That works really well with the headcanon I got really into a few pages back, in which I said that Twilacorn doesn't exist in FoE because the zebras used time travel to ensure that she never existed.

Actually twilight travelling to a parallel universe and the one time she time travelled probably created a parallel universe in the process. Also no it's not time travel. If you input enough variables to estimate probable future history events you could theoretically "predict" the future. What I mean by that is if you have a machine that predicts probability if someone time travels or goes to another universe and comes back it will really screw up your machine and make it not able to predict even a coin toss anymore cause the future you predicted has been irreprebably changed to something else.

What I mean by that is in mlp canon there could be a four stars company, but their plan probably fell through the floor in season 2 cause how they "predict" the future stopped working all together cause mlp canon timeline's got altered and whatever four stars uses for telling probability couldn't do it for the new timeline. What I mean by that is what if someone had a machine that could tell the future ONLY for a timeline where Obama wins the presidency, now imagine if someone were to go back in time and change the timeline to Romney winning instead? Well then tough shit cause all that money you put into making it went to waste.

The reason why predicting the future in real life doesn't work is that it only would work in a newtonian universe cause the littlest variable cause completely fuck your research. In real life if you spent the entire GDP for the world for a hundred years on a machine that can predict the future all it would take for the machine to break is for someone to accidentally step on a twig somewhere when they're not supposed to timeline wise and there goes all that money down the toilet.

Tl:dr; FoE has not been canon ever since season 2's "lesson zero" cause Twilight changed the timeline.
The only problem is that I think that assuming that any universe with a Pinkie Pie obeys any predictable or constant laws of physics seems doomed to encounter issues.

Also, my personal theory behind the canon split at It's About Time is that zebra time commandos won the Time War by ensuring that Twilight never learned time travel. We already have robot zebras. Austrian time-traveling zebra robots doesn't seem that big of a stretch.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Scienza wrote:
The only problem is that I think that assuming that any universe with a Pinkie Pie obeys any predictable or constant laws of physics seems doomed to encounter issues.

Also, my personal theory behind the canon split at It's About Time is that zebra time commandos won the Time War by ensuring that Twilight never learned time travel. We already have robot zebras. Austrian time-traveling zebra robots doesn't seem that big of a stretch.
Actually it's a physical impossibility under any and all possible laws of physics. It's like stating something has a negative mass level of violation of basic potential universal laws of physics. I'm not talking about tackyons breaking the speed of light level of violation of the laws of physics, I'm talking someone beating contra 1 without the konami code blind folded level of violation of physics.

What I mean by that is Four Stars probably invented probability prediction, thought it was predicting the future then got their plan fucked up when twilight travelled back in time in the show and everyone began thinking they were a bunch of loonies. In the mlp canon universe if four stars exists they were all probably locked up in a mental asylum. In the FoE universe their probability prediction was never thwarthed cause twilight never travelled back in time and/or equestria girls never happened.

Tl:dr; FoE is a parallel universe and is NOT canon.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 pm

FeatherDust wrote:A Noodle Incident is something vaguely referred to but never directly addressed on-screen.  The only subversion I can think of would be something like,
Bert: "Heh, this is just like that time in Manilla with the grease pit and the monkey."
Phil: "Oh, you mean that time I was visiting my grandparents in Manilla when a rogue monkey stole my grandmother's beloved pearl earrings and ran off with them, and I chased him through the whole town, and when I finally caught him, we both rolled down a hill and wound up crashing into the grease pit out back of the Fry Daddy and it took a week before I didn't smell like rancid grease?"
Bert: <long pause> <through gritted teeth>  "...yes.  That time."
*gigglefit*

FeatherDust wrote:
swicked wrote:Whoever might of found Folly, almost every bullet they've come across has been in a bio-locked case, the only exception I recall being the dissected bullet.
Is there going to be another ministry mare descendant?
...yes, that.

Unless they are able to build a brand new shell... Cognitum.
Or maybe the other significant Ministry Mare descendant we know of. Whisper.

swicked wrote:Oh fooey balooey huey dewey and louie... you're gonna be right, aren't you?
Steelhooves, bathed in pink cloud while in his power armor, made canterlot ghoul.
Rainbow Dash, flying down through Canterlot in her power armor, straight through miles of pink cloud...

I don't think it has much chance, since it isn't a persistent legend and was propagated by that "Spruce Mane" pony, but given MDW's behavior, I don't see any other likely theories.
Mare-do-well's been seen for all two centuries since the attack. Yeah, it's Rainbow Dash.
Wellllll... the fact that her "Mysterious Stranger" appearances use different methods of attack does suggest that this is the White Lotus Society that Featherdust suggested. But then again... who's to say there's only one MDW costume in play? Maybe Spruce saw the real MDW and decided to copy her. Or Spruce was a crazy guy that only needed a little nudge to become a perfect patsy when Enclave security started getting too close. Or he was a member of the White Lotus himself. Need more data.

If the MDW is Rainbow Dash, I doubt that she's a Canterlot ghoul. Her fight with Gilda happened after Canterlot, and she wasn't all robo-voice then. This is either a Dash who needed cybernetics to survive her injuries from Gilda, or it's a robot not unlike...

Oh.

A new theory approaches!

Applebot! She said, "Maybe [I'm really Apple Bloom]. Or maybe I’m just a copy of her. Hard to say, really. But there’s some truth to saying that you shouldn’t use yourself as a test subject. Just ain’t healthy." Implying that she was an early test of the brain scanner technology. So it's a brainscan we already know exists, who had firsthand knowledge of the original MDW. She also implied she was remoting in to the robot that did the repairs, so it wouldn't be weird to imagine that she could control other robot bodies just as well. And she would have every reason to be interested in this Rainbow Dash lookalike.

You know, because we didn't have enough possibilities already.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 pm

I just realized something. FoE timeline wise could have never existed if Luna was killed in the past. It's the classic grandfather paradox. In order for FoE to exist Luna HAD to become ruler of equestria. If a pony were to time travel and kill Luna any and all timelines in which FoE could or might have happened would have never existed.

Think of FoE and any and all fanfics as parallel universes. If you stop the timelines from ever happening then it would never happen. Think of it as bioshock infinite when Elizabeth kills booker thus erasing any and all potential timelines of bioshock. All the ponies involved in time travel or have been effected by time travel would have just woken up in ponyville in a nice comfortable life not remembering the original timeline at all cause it would have never happened.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:05 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Third Wind wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto
No need to tell this in the past perfect tense.
No, because Blackjack is describing something that happened prior to her saying this; since the story is told in past tense, simple past tense here would put it in the story's "present"… I think.  That's how Blackjack was able to describe what the inside looks like.
Sorry, but Blackjack isn't saying anything, it is story's "present", isn't it?
She's narrating from the story's (past tense) present something that happened in the story's past.
It's just that the section in question is fast-forwarding us from just having broken the cloud layer in the previous chapter to already inside the city, so there's not really a need to tell 'what happened before now' as if it had been framed by an important event. But, it's not technically wrong, so never mind. I'm prepared to drop the other changes you objected to, also -- they were just suggestions, and if you're okay with what's already there, fine.

Scienza wrote:Given the enemies that Blackjack's fought so far, that actually really wouldn't surprise me.
Especially if it is Black Pony Mountain.
I don't think the Eater of Souls lives in/under/is Black Pony Mountain. That's where the batponies live, remember? If anything, it's probably an Enervation safe spot, like Chapel. The drifting soul motes suggest that the Eater is directly under the core, and the Necropolis is practically right on top of it.

Now, yes, Black Pony Mountain contains an ancient fortress of some sort with a tremendously powerful defense system, which was apparently retrofitted into the Redoubt. I think we can chalk up the original construction to pre-Nightmare Luna and/or Nightmare Moon. It might predate either of them, though. Not enough data on that. Either way, it seems like a relatively wholesome location.

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Remember, Thunderhead does have unicorns. They live in the tower and use the cloudwalking spell to do magical jobs for the city.
Somber didn't originally say they were in disguise. I didn't think of the fact that the earth ponies could just be wearing fake horns until halfway into that rant. I just left it in because I don't tend to delete anything as it goes against the point of the reading review.
Oh, okay. I didn't pick up that you were specifically complaining about the earth ponies. It sounded like you were saying the horns would make it really hard to masquerade as pegasi.

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:But when Celestia invested her soul into the system, shield included, one of the effects was making the shield effectively impermeable to everyone. Thus the Enclave's increasingly frustrated attempts to penetrate it.
...what.
Where does it say that?
Why is the shield in any way a part of the SPP system? It makes about as much sense for the shield to be integrated into the weather controls as it would to have the AC plugged in as well. These systems have nothing to do with each other.
“The secrets of the Black Book were a temptation that played on centuries of habit.” No wonder the shield around the S.P.P. Central Hub was so invulnerable. No wonder it had lasted so long. It was being powered by Celestia’s soul.

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Perhaps it looks similar to Dawn's cyberskin?
She was white? All I remember is her glowing green.
No, she's black with green highlights. But the white armor might be the same or a similar material to Dawn's hexagon-patterned cyberskin. I'm just saying... when Lighthooves reappeared with mysterious upgrades, I started to kind of suspect he'd tossed his hat in with Cog, just like Steel Rain. After all, with the power of the Core defenses, Thunderhead would be unassailable. They would have access not only to surface scrap, but to the subsurface factories that provided the Seekers with brand-shiny-new AMRs and battle armor. Not to mention food. Farmland. The Society's greenhouses. And all he has to do is get BJ on his side, or take EC-1101 off of her corpse...

swicked wrote:You all theorized it could be enervation. I don't remember enervation making you sleep like you were drugged, snoring and all. Maybe it could put them in a coma, but not at levels where Blackjack couldn't even feel the field's effects...
I don't think it's Enervation. I think Stargazer had her pet unicorns drop a sleep spell on the house, and BJ's abnormal biochemistry made it fail. Maybe Boo is sufficiently abnormal, too. I dunno. But it sure seems weird that Stargazer arrived 12 hours early, in the middle of the night, with a cadre of personal guards, and nobody can wake up. I think she had betrayal on the mind.

swicked wrote:Then P-21 gets hit with some mega anti-magic blast, and his real butt mark turns out to match Sparkle's!
...nah, probably not. It'd be funny to see his response to being declared a maiden, though.
Hehe. Nah, but I'm waiting for him to get some solvent on his butt-mark so we can find out what it REALLY is!

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Speaking of which, some folks have been complaining about objects not falling through the clouds. While I understand the argument, Rainbow's house in Read It and Weep and the weather factory in Sonic Rainboom both have apparently normal flooring to put the furniture on. The flight camp in Cutie Mark Chronicles and the Wonderbolts Academy both have signposts and flagpoles planted directly into the clouds in the background. I have to assume that they don't get unicorns to enchant every single thing they want to put on a cloud, so they presumably have some way to either make "construction-grade clouds" that can support objects, or they can consciously make objects "cloud-compliant". There's no obvious difference between 'regular' and pegasus objects, which suggests the latter, but Dash demonstrated the former ability when she saved the other five (...four) in Wonderbolts Academy, so... maybe it's a little of both.
No discernable difference after processing.
The origin material could have come from cloud-seeding plants.
In show canon?

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 am

swicked wrote:Do canterlot ghouls have to of been there right when the bomb first went off? I figured they could go ghoul later through prolonged exposure and/or no small amount of luck, much like with normal ghouls.
No, but the circumstances for the creation of a Canterlot ghoul seem to be fairly strict. Too little exposure, you end up like Goldie. Too much, you melt. But there seems to be a band of exposure that creates a ghoul. From the examples of Steelhooves and the Zebratown ghouls, and the ghouls of Stable City, the condition seems to be brief exposure to highly concentrated Cloud. In Zebratown's case, that was a flood of Pink water which then flowed away. For Stable City and the feral Canterlot ghouls, that was dashing out of the cloud into the protection of the Ministry or School buildings. After Celestia dropped the shield, Canterlot doesn't seem to have sufficient concentrations to complete the transformation before the cloud simply kills the victim.

That's my theory, at least.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:“The secrets of the Black Book were a temptation that played on centuries of habit.” No wonder the shield around the S.P.P. Central Hub was so invulnerable. No wonder it had lasted so long. It was being powered by Celestia’s soul.
Weird.
Where does it say Celestia's presence made it no longer accept anypony at all?
It doesn't, specifically, but the shield resisted every attempt to bypass it, from an alicorn wearing Luna's bones to Rainbow's statuette. If DNA didn't work, and soul didn't work... what's left? The only conclusion I can come to is that, for some reason, there is no bypass now. Okay, granted, Celestia said she had control of some of the security systems at the Hub, which is why she was able to appear on the screens and activate turrets. So maybe she deliberately shut off the bypass. But I kind of doubt it...

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:I'm just saying... when Lighthooves reappeared with mysterious upgrades, I started to kind of suspect he'd tossed his hat in with Cog, just like Steel Rain. After all, with the power of the Core defenses, Thunderhead would be unassailable. They would have access not only to surface scrap, but to the subsurface factories that provided the Seekers with brand-shiny-new AMRs and battle armor. Not to mention food. Farmland. The Society's greenhouses. And all he has to do is get BJ on his side, or take EC-1101 off of her corpse...
Why would he trust Dawn? Why would he trust Cognitum?
Stargazer's death weakens Thunderhead, one way or another. A power vacuum right before a big battle throws stuff into chaos.
It's very odd. Maybe I could see him possibly doing this as a last resort, but to intentionally throw his lot in with theirs... he's doing this for his people. I would think he'd rather die than sell them out to such evil. He's not Steel Rain, only interested in personal power.
I never said he was complicit in Stargazer's death. I don't even know whether that was Dawn's doing, or Cog's. He's only interested in Thunderhead's superiority, and Dawn could certainly say all the right things to feed that.

Anyway, even if he was in on killing Stargazer, what's a temporary power vacuum if it buys you unassailable firepower? Worst case scenario, Thunderhead's defenders are in chaos when the beam weapons from below the clouds start chopping up the incoming Raptors. But only if he can get EC-1101 before they arrive...

It's all theoretical, anyway. I'm not positive that the new armor is Cog-made. Maybe, as others suggested, it's similar in design to Mare-Do-Well's. Maybe it's a full-body Project Steelpony recon setup (though I think the components would require Cog's manufacturing capabilites anyhow.) In any case, something about it is strangely familiar to BJ, and there aren't that many kinds of power armor around that she's seen that aren't Enclave standard issue.

swicked wrote:Well, yeah? There might have been an entire floating forest in the vicinity of the wonderbolt academy.
I know it's a big assumption to make, but I can't otherwise figure out why furniture can be supported by clouds but sentient beings cannot be.
...unless sentience is its own weight class o_O
Your point is well taken, but I'd counter that griffons, all types of bird, wasps, and bats can also stand on clouds. In fact, anything that can fly is apparently possessed of the same magic that pegasi have that lets them interact with clouds as solid objects. So it's not something that's unique to pegasi, whatever "it" is.

Honestly, this may be a good time to just shrug and apply Bellisario's Maxim.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next