Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 am

Well, I think 59 was hardly a horrible or boring chapter.  In fact, it was so engaging I got over halfway through before even realizing how long I'd been reading and that I really needed to stop and stretch.

Initial comments:

As always, I shall try to get my full commentary done as soon as possible...  Unfortunately I need to prepare for Boo heading into the Chrysalis Building still, because I'm absurdly behind schedule, but I'll try not to let that get in the way too much...

Thank you, Somber, for everything.  I really hope that things get better for you soon.
Thank you Hinds and Bronode for all of your help with editing, and special thanks to Hidden Fortune as well.
*hugs each of you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:26 am

I don't know if someone suggested it already, but we need Admiral/Pirate Capitan Blackjack art.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 am

So, I was looking through the reddit comments about the new chapter when something was brought to my attention by one of the comments:
The Legate had twelve wives, and is lying about which tribe he's from. This was told to us right after Lancer's story about the Twelve and One.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaidon Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:55 am

Just a few notes, likely not in order.

Spoiler:

Kaidon
Foal

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 pm

So, if there's a lot of officers like those Harbinger's pets in the Enclave... yeah, the incompetence from the original FoE becomes more plausible.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaidon Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Also I should add, hello everyone!
I've posted one or two times and lurked for a while but evidently lacked the manners to introduce myself >.>
Pleased to be here :)

Kaidon
Foal

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by HillBilly-Drew Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 pm

im still kinda new here an all this stuff, i cant seem to find the new chapter.... please help.

HillBilly-Drew
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Spoiler:
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:38 pm

HillBilly-Drew wrote:im still kinda new here an all this stuff, i cant seem to find the new chapter.... please help.
There's a Google docs index page. I'd link it but I'm on mobile. Try checking the first post of this thread, should be a link there.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Kaidon wrote:Also I should add, hello everyone!
I've posted one or two times and lurked for a while but evidently lacked the manners to introduce myself >.>
Pleased to be here :)
Welcome!

HillBilly-Drew wrote:im still kinda new here an all this stuff, i cant seem to find the new chapter.... please help.
There's a link to the hub page in my signature.

Technowolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you. It is a mistake and, while I can't get into the chapter at the moment due to the crowd, I've placed it on a list.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:14 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Technowolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.  It is a mistake and, while I can't get into the chapter at the moment due to the crowd, I've placed it on a list.
The Aioli tribe, known for their delicious sauces... Spike

Actually I had an editing suggestion too. This was part of the preview bit that Somber posted a while back, and I was hoping it'd be changed in editing but...
Spoiler:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:27 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Technowolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.  It is a mistake and, while I can't get into the chapter at the moment due to the crowd, I've placed it on a list.
The Aioli tribe, known for their delicious sauces... Spike

Actually I had an editing suggestion too.  This was part of the preview bit that Somber posted a while back, and I was hoping it'd be changed in editing but...
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Woohoo! Onward to Thunderhead!

Chapter 59 Commentary:
Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Woohoo! Onward to Thunderhead!

Chapter 59 Commentary:
Editing:
Ah, thank you as always. I didn't agree with that everything you pointed out was an error, but I corrected what I did.

SilentCarto wrote:This sentence seems out of order to me. Did you mean, "but for once, being the not-smart pony made it impossible..."?
The double negative is deliberate.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Okay, got home from the convention, got my stuff set down, obviously made some post here and been reading the chapter.

I may go back and look at what's been said, but right now I have no idea what's keeping me going.

In short, I liked it, nothing bothered me at all about it, and I look forward to what comes next.

Though I do like how it seems Somber is going with the whole Enclave isn't compliant and it shouldn't be, but also with how the major hit on the command structure and how the military is full of overly gun-ho, inexperience commanders or playing the blame game, or are both.

Oh, and while at the con I met a few readers and did my best to direct them to the site if they want to. Most seemed to be of the opinion of "yeah it's long but at least it's good and interesting."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 am

O. Hinds wrote:The double negative is deliberate.
Okay... can you explain what the sentence means, then? Because I wasn't complaining about the double negative per se, I just don't understand what you're trying to get across.

...but not being (for once) the not-smart pony
So she's saying she's somehow become smarter for the moment?
made it impossible to resist.
And now I don't follow. She's saying that, because she is, for once, not the not-smart pony, she must shoot off her mouth? It seems more like being the not-smart pony makes her prone to provoke the mare who already wants to kill her.

Are you trying to say she's feeling cocky because, for once, she's not the dumbest person in the room? Because that doesn't make her not "the not-smart pony", it just makes her less not-smart than someone else.

And in any case, just to keep things sane, "for once" should go before "not being".
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:11 am

New chapter, Enclave focused. On the bright sight this means more of my favorite xenophobic pegasi. On the down side, I'm wondering just how much damage Blackjack and co. will end up doing inadvertently or otherwise before this is done. 

Comments:

Quick Edit Thing:
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:The double negative is deliberate.
Okay... can you explain what the sentence means, then? Because I wasn't complaining about the double negative per se, I just don't understand what you're trying to get across.

...but not being (for once) the not-smart pony
So she's saying she's somehow become smarter for the moment?
made it impossible to resist.
And now I don't follow. She's saying that, because she is, for once, not the not-smart pony, she must shoot off her mouth? It seems more like being the not-smart pony makes her prone to provoke the mare who already wants to kill her.
It seems pretty clear to me, sorry. Basically, the sentence means "Hey, somepony dumber than me; I must be smug while I have the opportunity!"

SilentCarto wrote:Are you trying to say she's feeling cocky because, for once, she's not the dumbest person in the room? Because that doesn't make her not "the not-smart pony", it just makes her less not-smart than someone else.
And if she was in fact not the not-smart pony, she might have phrased it that way. :)

SilentCarto wrote:And in any case, just to keep things sane, "for once" should go before "not being".
Okay, I'll change it back. Wording it that way was actually an edit I made after someone else got confused by the meaning…

thatguyvex wrote:New chapter, Enclave focused. On the bright sight this means more of my favorite xenophobic pegasi. On the down side, I'm wondering just how much damage Blackjack and co. will end up doing inadvertently or otherwise before this is done. 

Comments:

Quick Edit Thing:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

SilentCarto wrote:Woohoo! Onward to Thunderhead!

Chapter 59 Commentary:
...How is it that I completely overlook these things?

Last edited by RoboRed on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:55 am

I didn't pay enough attention when the Fleur was described.

reading reaction I found when I opened my clipboard the following morning, with some additions:

Also, is this a grammar error? If so, did someone already spot it?
"Each coupling, the land gave rise to the tribe"

Now to head back and catch up on all the comments...
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Also, is this a grammar error? If so, did someone already spot it?
"Each coupling, the land gave rise to the tribe"
Hm, it might be an error in straight prose, but this is in any case a character speaking in a particular style.

Meleagridis wrote:I want a detailed and hilarious account of Racewind stalling the three captains. Can I make one? Pretty please?
Well, I can't speak for Somber (or how likely it is to be adopted as PH canon), but I wouldn't mind seeing it. :D

Meleagridis wrote:Also BRAAAHMIN! [I've got delicate headcanon for the double headers, and near-slaves with no knowledge of anything better fits quite perfectly.]
Aye, Somber's not read any Moojave stuff, but I thought of you when the brahmin showed up.

Meleagridis wrote:So... Boomer and Twister stopped pushing so they could hop on deck and stare?
They were earlier able to talk from their pushing positions; I assumed that they were doing the same now.

Meleagridis wrote:[Is there going to be some point where someone asks, "Where are you pushing that big-ass cloud?" and the pair of them have to talk it out without BJ's speech skill to back them up?]
Well, now that you've brought it up, I hope so. :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm

...Ohhh, NOW I get it. "Well bred." Twister wasn't showing disdain for aristocracy that could bribe its scions into early promotions, but rather implying that those three slept their way into a high rank. Got it.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:Also BRAAAHMIN! [I've got delicate headcanon for the double headers, and near-slaves with no knowledge of anything better fits quite perfectly.]
Aye, Somber's not read any Moojave stuff, but I thought of you when the brahmin showed up.

Meleagridis wrote:So... Boomer and Twister stopped pushing so they could hop on deck and stare?
They were earlier able to talk from their pushing positions; I assumed that they were doing the same now.
Well shucks.

Blackjack described some of the things Boomer and Twister were doing, pursing lips and so on. It would be... awkward to get her into a position where she could see them pushing and talking, wouldn't it?

FeatherDust wrote:...Ohhh, NOW I get it. "Well bred." Twister wasn't showing disdain for aristocracy that could bribe its scions into early promotions, but rather implying that those three slept their way into a high rank.  Got it.
I just figured it meant inbred. Or inbreeding currently.

Luminous Lead wrote:

For all that Rampage hates Pinkie Pie, she sure takes after her.
Hm? Rampage hates Pinkie?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Blackjack described some of the things Boomer and Twister were doing, pursing lips and so on. It would be... awkward to get her into a position where she could see them pushing and talking, wouldn't it?
Ah, thanks; I'd not noticed that. Looks like it was just the one lip-pursing, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty This is the first thing I've seen through in a while

Post by Meleagridis Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 pm

They seem pretty invested in this particular conversation. It would make sense for them to pop on deck for a bit, now that the biggest danger has passed.

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:I want a detailed and hilarious account of Racewind stalling the three captains. Can I make one? Pretty please?
Well, I can't speak for Somber (or how likely it is to be adopted as PH canon), but I wouldn't mind seeing it.  :D
I make no promises of quality and expect no promises of continuity.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:59 am

Genius @ Meleagridis

and I can't wait for all the enclave cloud cities start falling out of the skies. (shit happens)
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 am

@Mel
I like this. Actually seemed to fit in quite well with PH's style. Nice vignette.

Also, only upon reading the name again from you did I get this - it's not present in either the main story or your story - but Racewind sounds like Rincewind.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 am

Once again, my deepest thanks to Somber, Hinds, Bronode, and guest editor Hidden.
It really was a very enjoyable chapter.

Chapter 59 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:16 am

Meleagridis wrote:They seem pretty invested in this particular conversation. It would make sense for them to pop on deck for a bit, now that the biggest danger has passed.
Maybe, but that's a change a bit beyond what I can make myself, and I don't think this is important enough to get Somber in on making an edit. They can always go to the deck next chapter. Sorry.

Meleagridis wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Well, I can't speak for Somber (or how likely it is to be adopted as PH canon), but I wouldn't mind seeing it.  :D
I make no promises of quality and expect no promises of continuity.
:D

WavemasterRyx wrote:That's really an interesting point... I always assumed the zebra lands had been covered in unending clouds as well.  I suppose I either hadn't thought about it, or had just begun to take the cloud-barrier for granted.
Nope, just Equestria. The cloud ceiling relies on the SPP; the GPE doesn't have anywhere near the ponypower to keep the ceiling extended much further, even if they wanted to.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Also, oh dear... I really hope Sekashi doesn't start telling stories about Blackjack getting spanked.  That would be far too funny to be appropriate.
:D

WavemasterRyx wrote:"I can only hope that Autumn Leaf uses some discretion until I get finished in the east." - Oh the irony.
Oh yes. "Discretion" is not exactly the first word that comes to mind when the subject of Operation Cauterize comes up… not unless it's accompanied by the words "extreme", "lack", and "of".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next