Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Mr. Snrub
RoboRed
hawkeye92
chinman
Downloaded Skill
WovenTales
Quotidian
CamoBadger
StoneSlinger88
Train Dodger
Sindri
AGurdel
FeatherDust
Boing
BrentOGara
CannonFodder
Karasu
Mister Nikel
Randombuttons
jacky2734
Harmony Ltd.
Valikdu
nebulous
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Somber
Exodus Hero
Vergil
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Kippershy
PantheraLeo
Luminous Lead
Admiral Stoic Rum
skibadaa
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Caoimhe
Cptadder
Stringtheory
Ketchup
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
49 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by jacky2734 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Hinds. Have a brohoof.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Your art is wonderful as always. But for an authentic Blackjack Body Pillow, you'd need to put some steel plating. XD
Thank you sir. And of course, an authentic pillow would require that, and some scent packs that smell like whiskey.
SilentCarto wrote:I don't really have anything to say other than "D'awwwwwww...!" But there you go.
I happily accept any and all "D'awww"s!
Meleagridis wrote:The phrase "blanket of mares" pops up. I couldn't quite explain why, but this one makes it hit home that Blackjack is basically wearing armour she can't take off anymore, not even to respect a tender moment. It's a little easier to see why she was so hesitant about the upgrade.
Well that's good, since that's the scene I was trying to depict, heh. I was just talking about that with someone today, how lying on her back like that, it really shows just how little of "Blackjack" is really left. At least she can take off the crotch guard that the armor comes with in my head canon though!

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Honestly, I care about this just as little as every other time FoE canon has been "destroyed". If I really cared that much, I would have stopped watching the show when it broke from PH canon, and I haven't.
jacky2734 wrote:Aaand on a completely unrelated topic:
I happened to glance at Somber's Brohoof count, and I do believe that he has the highest Brohoof count on the entire forum. Does everybody just immediately brohoof him whenever he makes a post?
Not at all, I only brohoof Somber when he makes a post that I feel deserves a brohoof. It's just that happens to be most of them.

Also, I bring a few links:

Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/41937600534

[health warning] http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41695045079
and http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41922236200
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by skibadaa Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 am

Cptadder wrote:I peg FoE cannon as the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Empire not returning would have had such a huge butterfly effect. Remember without the Crystal Empire and Sombra, there is no reason to put Twilight on her path to the Season 3 end-game.

Yeah, I agree with this. The start of S3/end of S2 always seemed like the most logical place for the FIM and FO:E universes to start diverging. I mean, Cadance, Shining Armour and the Chrysalis are all concepts with lots of wiggle room for inclusion in FO:E, but Twilight as an alicorn princess is a game breaking blue screen of death IMOP. Spike
skibadaa
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

That commisson is absolutely utterly adorable, wavey.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Thunderhead is the faction that went to war with the griffins, right?

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/41937600534

[health warning] http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41695045079
and http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41922236200

I keep noticing a symbol on the snack cakes. What is it?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Looks like some kind of lace.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:That commisson is absolutely utterly adorable, wavey.
Thank you, Kipper~ Apparently the person who owns the happy Smooze really liked it too, so that's good. XD
Meleagridis wrote:I keep noticing a symbol on the snack cakes. What is it?
Ah that, that is a little ribbon thingy that's on the original snack cake packaging. I figured it would be a good design element to bring over to the FoE variant packaging (changing color to correspond with the flavor of the cakes, which would be printed below), but then when I was drawing the cake for the poster, I decided since it looked so empty, that I'd put it stamped into the tops of the cakes too. I'm not going to do that for every picture though, just certain ones, like that poster.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

@Wavey
Very nice! These are all great, especially the one meant to help us differentiate between cakes and notcakes. Adorable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 pm

My personal headcanon is that this is going to be the ending song for PH
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

I would be okay with that. Very okay, even. (Though, as the writer of the song notes, it is a tad off beat on occasion - still good and quite pretty. Oh and the attack [that's what it's called, I think - the "hittiness" of each key press] is a bit strong sometimes IMO, but I'm not a music expert by any stretch of the imagination so I could be totally off base) Like, I wouldn't want this to be an epilogue's music, exactly, but the end before that? Definitely could see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Very nice! These are all great, especially the one meant to help us differentiate between cakes and notcakes. Adorable!
Thank you, OAC *hugs*
It's a very important difference.

Kippershy wrote:My personal headcanon is that this is going to be the ending song for PH
I could see that as working, yeah. Unless PH has a surprisingly happy ending, in which case it needs a heavy metal ending theme.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:I could see that as working, yeah. Unless PH has a surprisingly happy ending, in which case it needs a heavy metal ending theme.
I agree that song fits.

As for the topic of when PH eventually ends I like how all the major story arcs and story lines are all meeting up and ending not rushed, nor dragged out, but perfectly. What I mean by that is the P-21 side story and how he accepts scotch tape as his daughter is perfect. It's not super duper happy, or super duper sad cause well it's the wasteland. Rather it's a solid ending. I like how rampage is finally getting psychological help and finally figuring out who she is. I like how Lacunae's side story is ending soon and soon the goddess is going to die. Even though it was a bit of a sudden twist, I still think Psychoshy's meeting Stygius was a good way for her to find happiness. I like how Deus is finding his inner marauder again. The only major story arcs left are the enclave and glory, the enclave, the hellhounds and project horizons.

Personally what I think how the story will eventually end isn't a good ending or a bad ending, but a realistic one. The reason why hoofington is such a death trap is because it resupplies items taken and everyone is willing to risk dying for potential wealth. Like how discord popped random bottlecaps in places, or cognitum gives the harbringers weaponry. What I personally think will happen at the end is glory's storyline ends with probably the authenticity of her "confession" being shot down, lighthooves being branded a dashite or killed for high treason, killing cognitum and thus scattering the harbringers, and shutting down project horizons. What that would accomplish is stopping hoofington from being such a death trap. No death trap means boom in trading. The downside of the tokomare being shut down is there goes the electricity(in all probability) and no more new items being produced like how the harbringers getting new guns. Once the trading boom goes bust it's just another destroyed city. What I mean by that is ten years down the line I think megamart will be a booming trading city, hoofington will be picked clean for the most part and chapel will be a suburb with blackjack and company no longer being needed.

Not a "I saved the world and everyone is singing peace on earth" ending and not a "The world is over" ending, but a "I'm no longer needed" ending. Oh I don't doubt blackjack will try and save everyone, that's just how she is. What I mean is after Littlepip goes into the SPP and the elements of harmony megaspell is used what else is there for her to do?

Tl:dr; I don't think project horizons is going to have a super happy ending or a dark ending, just blackjack literally running out of enemies to fight in the end and hoofington being picked clean.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Personally what I think how the story will eventually end isn't a good ending or a bad ending, but a realistic one. The reason why hoofington is such a death trap is because it resupplies items taken and everyone is willing to risk dying for potential wealth. Like how discord popped random bottlecaps in places, or cognitum gives the harbringers weaponry. What I personally think will happen at the end is glory's storyline ends with probably the authenticity of her "confession" being shot down, lighthooves being branded a dashite or killed for high treason, killing cognitum and thus scattering the harbringers, and shutting down project horizons. What that would accomplish is stopping hoofington from being such a death trap. No death trap means boom in trading. The downside of the tokomare being shut down is there goes the electricity(in all probability) and no more new items being produced like how the harbringers getting new guns. Once the trading boom goes bust it's just another destroyed city. What I mean by that is ten years down the line I think megamart will be a booming trading city, hoofington will be picked clean for the most part and chapel will be a suburb with blackjack and company no longer being needed.

I'm of the opinion that Project Horizons isn't going to be "shut down", but rather "expended" or "defeated". All this foreshadowing and buildup necessitates a massive release. Given the feeling so far, this story is going to end with a really big bang, or some gigantic monster fight whereupon PH is drained/incorporated into an amalgamation.

As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.

Also, I'm of the opinion that Glaze&H8Seed's Awoken describes Lacunae/Psalm/TheGoddess pretty spot on. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Luminous Lead on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video link did not work)

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.
I'm not saying that I expect her to be forced to retire or anything. I just think at the end of the story blackjack and company are going to kill the tokomare and kill cognitum. Once they're dead who else would have the resources to go after her?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Luminous Lead wrote:As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.
I'm not saying that I expect her to be forced to retire or anything. I just think at the end of the story blackjack and company are going to kill the tokomare and kill cognitum. Once they're dead who else would have the resources to go after her?

Possibly all of the same friends who helped put her back together again. Perhaps if they destroying Cognitum's current residence, Blackjack's level of technological augmentation would make her a suitable home for her own enemy. Could be a multi-phase boss style videogamey switch-over where all of Blackjack's closest friends promptly fall to her own hooves, and the ones we haven't seen for a while come back to put the maiden in her place.
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:42 am

Retl wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:

Possibly all of the same friends who helped put her back together again. Perhaps if they destroying Cognitum's current residence, Blackjack's level of technological augmentation would make her a suitable home for her own enemy. Could be a multi-phase boss style videogamey switch-over where all of Blackjack's closest friends promptly fall to her own hooves, and the ones we haven't seen for a while come back to put the maiden in her place.

That would be an amazing alternate ending.

But it would feel like a massive disappointment and downer at the end of all this.

I do agree that blackjack will never find peace with herself.

I think in my head that she, Glory and a few others will keep wandering the wastes looking for baddies to put down and help she can give to good ponies. That or she settles down with Glory but once she passes on and BJ is left alone she would probably do just that. Ends up being IM buddies with Lilpip and Celestia.

Eventually, she is known only in myth as the Security Mare, a celebrity in the wastes, occasionally showing up in towns to stock up and goes back out again. And tales will be told by NCR rangers of entire tribes of raiders found slaughtered, with only the number 99 found written there, cases and cases of whiskey being stolen, but paid for in various useful items left there and a short note saying thanks, piles of toys and books found left at the homes of children at hearths warming eve, and rarely short stories of when hoofington was an uglier place, tales of a security mare who sacrificed all she could and wasn't enough, and the loyal friends she met that help her, and evil monsters and ponies that roamed the land that were put down and sometimes fixed.

Sometimes those short stories would be told around the campfires of travelers, by a certain white mare, half drunk on whiskey, reminiscing on the best bad times of her life.

I don't know, that just popped into my head and I like it.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

However it ends it can't be worse than the massive copout climax that vanilla FoE was: One of those stereotypical "gather everyone we ever met that isn't evil, watch them humorously interact for a few before protagonist instantly becomes accelerated to an uncharacteristic Patton-like leader" scenes followed by a rather uninteresting multi-scene battle from different viewpoints that doesn't mesh with the rest of the narration and an... average sorta one on one ending that left many questions (though I liked the circular ending).

I thought the epilogue was pretty lame as well and reduced the impact of the ending that I already didn't care for much and the attempt to reinsert Homage (a travesty already that Pip didn't really get to see her before the end) was pandering at best, almost like something you'd tell an upset child that learned his/her fav character died off screen for comfort.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Caoimhe wrote:However it ends it can't be worse than the massive copout climax that vanilla FoE was: One of those stereotypical "gather everyone we ever met that isn't evil, watch them humorously interact for a few before protagonist instantly becomes accelerated to an uncharacteristic Patton-like leader" scenes followed by a rather uninteresting multi-scene battle from different viewpoints that doesn't mesh with the rest of the narration and an... average sorta one on one ending that left many questions (though I liked the circular ending).

I thought the epilogue was pretty lame as well and reduced the impact of the ending that I already didn't care for much and the attempt to reinsert Homage (a travesty already that Pip didn't really get to see her before the end) was pandering at best, almost like something you'd tell an upset child that learned his/her fav character died off screen for comfort.
Oh god, the ending for it annoyed the living fuck out of me(pardon my language).

For when project horizons eventually ends I think it will be a really good ending regardless of whether or not it's a happy ending or sad ending. The reason being is that all the major story lines have wrapped up or are wrapping up and aren't wrapping up at the same time. There's only three major story lines that have yet to end. Glory and the enclave, lacunae and project horizons. One could argue the raider disease is a major story line, but once lighthooves gets caught or whatever then that story line ends. The enclave would not allow a mutated disease specifically made to kill pegasus also go unnoticed. It's a massive bombshell politically.

I think the one thing I would like to see is a epilogue of years into the future to give closure on how their lives turn out.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Since it's now February, any update on the book situation? I've still got the money sitting in my PayPal (assuming that PayPal hasn't stolen it) and Somber's shipping address sitting in my inbox.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty What you don't know isn't canon... yet.

Post by BrentOGara Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Incorporating, say, Shining Armor would require rethinking Twilight, her mother, the fate of Canterlot, et cetera
Aye; this is one of the parts of PH that I try very hard to ignore.

Personally, I may be in denial: By my recollection, Shining Armor has not himself appeared or been mentioned, at the very least not explicitly as Twilight's brother, so Cadence's child could have been fathered by someone else, or he might have no special connection to her (and perhaps a weaker shield), and that's what I choose to believe for now. I believe that she might have shown up in a memory as a winged unicorn, but I figure there's some explanation that has not, or has not yet, been made why she is not an alicorn, or is older than Luna.

One of the nicest things about any post-apoc setting is the vast amount of information that has simply been lost. It's not at all unusual for the post-apoc civilization to have huge holes in it's knowledge of even the most simple or most important things about the previous civilization. Unless someone somewhere specifically said that Twilight was an only child, unless her mother, in the one scene we have of her, specifically said that she had only one child, or that Twilight had no brother, then it's simply not yet known. And even if they did say it, then they were mistaken, or lying.

And "not yet known" is the basis of fan-fiction... you don't write a fanfic as a perfect record of what happened in the show, it's not a kind of novelization. A fanfic is taking the basic premise of the show and then writing in all the stuff that is not yet known... and that covers a ton of stuff... including Shining Armor, and possibly Cadance as well. Although the "first new Alicorn since Luna" thing Twi said to Trixie would then be shown up as a lie on Twi's part... probably to manipulate Trixie into accepting, which is a perfectly good reason for Twi to have lied to an old enemy

BrentOGara
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by skibadaa Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:However it ends it can't be worse than the massive copout climax that vanilla FoE was

Oh god, the ending for it annoyed the living fuck out of me(pardon my language).

Really? The only thing I didn't like about the ending of FO:E was just that, that it had an end. And I didn't want it to Sweetie Belle

Of course that is where Horizons comes in.....
skibadaa
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 pm

The main thing about the ending to FoE I don't like is just how different and tacked on it is. Littlepip learned nothing about becoming a military strategist or leading guerrillas. Hell, for the most part she and the others barely got by (considerably due to the help of Steelhooves for some). Now she's leading all these different characters who, for the most part, only really existed to serve their own goals and way of life... now on a mission of selfless sacrifice for the good of all. That was LP's goal and no one else really showed any desire to die for the abstract greater good like herself (and "fighting for the Stable Dweller" is an even sappier motivation, except in the case of Homage, Clams and Velmedy). The progressive finale was more-so just a plot device to get everyone together for the reader's sake requiring a startling shift in tone and narration that isolates the reader from what should be the defining moment of the protagonist's life.

In fact, the bulk of the battle didn't even need to be told since the focus should have been 100% on LP's struggle to get to the SPP. If I had to rewrite it using the proceeding scenes as they were, I would have had Pip take Homagebot with her and have Homage report to her on what's going on. This would have given Pip the much needed final moments with her love (making due with her not physically being there) before she enters the barrier and we'd get to hear how the rest of her friends are doing at the same time.

I can't hate on Kkat too much for how it went about, but it was definitely a let down.

Annnnyway, I don't even wanna speculate on how PH is going to end because Somber has always thrown me for a surprise and it's always done well but I'd still want it to go on forever much like the 100-volume western novels of the 60s-70s that PH parallels.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty The answer is because she's too quiet

Post by Meleagridis Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
Also, I'm of the opinion that Glaze&H8Seed's Awoken describes Lacunae/Psalm/TheGoddess pretty spot on. What do you guys think?
I hope so. I really hope so.

swicked wrote:Lacunae dies. All of her is dispersed and Psalm finally makes it to heaven, embraces her goddess, and finally finds peace.

I think something very important needs to happen before she finds peace.

Does Lacunae still seek absolution?

From what we've gathered so far, she spent her dying days hunting down POIs and executing them in a desperate bid for forgiveness, hoping that someone else would remove the weight of misdeeds from her shoulders. Now Lacunae doesn't share much- that's part of why she's my favourite! -and that makes it hard to tell exactly if she's carrying on Psalms mission of atonement. If she is... no way she can simply die. That would be terrible.

No, I think Lacunae's end may be better as no end after all. In my mind, either she or Rampage must go on. Live the lesson of living on.

It is strange. She and Rampage have lived since the war. She and Rampage have sought self-destruction (in their own ways). She and Rampage are composite beings of congealed regret and mistakes.

Why have Lacunae and Rampage not had more moments?

I think the only time they even vaguely talked was after that horrifying meeting with the Choir...
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:17 am

For the topic of lacunae there's the issue of who she'll be when the goddess dies. Will Psalm's soul go back into lacunae's body or will she just stop functioning? If Lacunae still exists when the goddess dies she'll have to come to terms that she is a real pony.

Same with rampage, she's going to have to come to terms with the fact she is a real pony. Her story is beginning to wrap up a bit. That's why Blackjack is giving her the memory orbs so she can find out who she is.

I don't think the ending is going to be everyone getting what they want so much as finding happiness.

P-21 didn't want a daughter, but he found happiness in becoming scotch's father. Psychoshy didn't want a boyfriend to sweep her off her feet, but she found stygius. Scotch tape's mom is still dead, but she found happiness with finding out who her dad is and being loved.

Sometimes happiness isn't getting what you wanted, sometimes happiness is found with love from others.

Angel(the killer inside rampage) kills because she thinks she's giving what she thinks everyone wants the "gift" of feeling no more pain. But the truth is life has pain and hurt in it, people may want this and that to escape the pain. Lacunae/psalm wants forgiveness, rampage wants to die, P-21 wanted med-x, BUT sometimes you just have to endure the pain and often times you don't get what you want, but that doesn't mean they can't find happiness.

. . .I think I'm getting a bit too philosophical.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 am

swicked wrote:Psalm doesn't seek absolution. Garnet ruined that, telling her she would not be forgiven by Luna. She now only seeks hell, which is why she feels she deserves to be Lacunae.
She still desires, deep down, to be forgiven by Luna, and that will NEVER happen for so long as she is kept away from her.
Unless you think she should give up on wanting to be forgiven? It's pretty core to her being. Maybe BJ and the others can prove to her Luna worth seeking forgiveness from? I think that might actually break Psalm, though...

Garnet told her the truth, and Psalm simply... left. Maybe she believed Garnet's words, or maybe her belief was irrelevant. There was no other option, because Psalm needed salvation. Or, more accurately, Psalm needed someone to give her salvation. She needed Luna to descend from the heavens and proclaim that her sins were forgiven. She needed a Marauder to come back to life and forgive her for all of the mistakes. She needed a desperate and braindead mare as self-loathing as she to crawl inside her brain and say, "I forgive you."

Though I'm not sure if it was enough to really get through.

CORRECTION: Just went back to read that bit and it turns out that she did indeed hear and believe Garnet. So... I don't know. She could have held onto her redemption obsession or she could have spiraled into something entirely more terrible. "Not even Luna could save me." Now I'm back to being in the dark about her motivations. Really makes me eager for the next chapter, honestly. I want to know what happened... assuming she didn't go from this straight to Unity. She had some deaths to confirm and Twilight's was one of them. Hm. Maybe Lacunae was the first one into Unity, aside from the starting four.

Now I can't be certain about what's going on inside that vivisected, transmental, redistributed consciousness of a mind but sometimes it seems that Lacunae needs some of the pep-talk she gives. It's possible that she really has moved on past Psalm's need to be redeemed by another. She might be (by comparison) perfectly healthy. After all, everything we know about Psalm is through her past self. But this also shows how similar they (Lac and Psalm) are and how little she's changed. If she is still holding onto that need, then Blackjack has a much needed lesson on self-forgiveness to deliver.

Who was it that first taught Blackjack to forgive herself like she forgave others? P-21? If it was Lacunae then I'm calling it right now, pep-talk time.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:03 am

swicked wrote:
In any case, the peace Blackjack felt when she died? That's what Psalm seeks.

At best, maybe Lacunae can carry on without Psalm, like Rampage could carry on without her souls. I just don't think Psalm should need to stay in this world any longer.
Except Psalm in all probability is inside Blackjack.

Also I don't see how it's possible for the souls inside rampage to be removed. They're inside of the soul jar. The only way to remove them would be to destroy the soul jar as well which would kill rampage, and I highly doubt blackjack is going to kill her friend. Granted she shoots rampage in the head, but right now she's immortal. It'd be like her killing scotch tape or glory. NOT going to happen.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 am

All this talk is really making me curious of exactly how Lacunae betrayed Blackjack.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:11 am

swicked wrote:
I think megaspells are supposed to be able to do it. I could have sworn it said that somewhere... which means that the souljars that were stuck in the prison are now free, since a balefire bomb was used on them.

In any case, you just figure they should be kept from the afterlife forever? Hundreds to thousands of years after the fic ends Rampage is still going about?

In any case, don't soul jars cause souls to be expended to power them? I think even with (6?) souls Rampage would wind down eventually. It doesn't really matter too much, since all the souls in Hoofington are getting sucked into Tokomare anyway. Until that monster goes down, all lives will suck, both the mortal and the after.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 am

@Luminous Lead
Well, we know at least one Soul Jar would have gotten away from the Hoof. Shhh. Sneaking now.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty BottleCaps as currency: An Theory of Origin

Post by BrentOGara Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 am

As soon as I read that Flim & Flam were the makers of "Sparkle Cola", the reasons behind Bottle Caps as currency immediately sprang clear in my mind. F&F are the ultimate unscrupulous salesgeldings, and have shown themselves willing to do anything to make a buck, including all kinds of unethical business practices... including using magic to make their products more profitable.

So what's to stop them from using the "I want it!" magic (that Twi used on her old doll to make everypony want it) on Sparkle Cola bottlecaps? My idea is that the bottle caps (which are stamped and crimped from long sheets of steel stored on rolls, if they're anything like RL bottle caps) are enchanted with the spell. An entire roll of steel sheet (a couple tons on a massive roll) could be enchanted at once, then stamped, printed, and crimped onto the full bottles, with each individual cap taking a small portion of the enchantment placed on the whole. It's just enough to make people 'want' the bottlecap just a little more than is really reasonable, and the enchantment lasts until the cap is melted down or otherwise destroyed. It also boosts sales of Sparkle Cola in a really profitable way!

Those caps, scattered around the wasteland, are magically desirable, but the tiny fraction of the spell on each cap is effectively unnoticeable, and nobody really questions it anyway. It even has the added effect of making bottle caps more desirable the larger the amount is... as the number of caps grows, the tiny fractions of the spell adds up, making the whole pile that much more attractive.

So... how crazy am I?

BrentOGara
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next