Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Mr. Snrub
RoboRed
hawkeye92
chinman
Downloaded Skill
WovenTales
Quotidian
CamoBadger
StoneSlinger88
Train Dodger
Sindri
AGurdel
FeatherDust
Boing
BrentOGara
CannonFodder
Karasu
Mister Nikel
Randombuttons
jacky2734
Harmony Ltd.
Valikdu
nebulous
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Somber
Exodus Hero
Vergil
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Kippershy
PantheraLeo
Luminous Lead
Admiral Stoic Rum
skibadaa
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Caoimhe
Cptadder
Stringtheory
Ketchup
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
49 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:54 pm

BTW, Lightning Dancer was the pony in that episode, not Dust. It took me a bit to remember that.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Caoimhe wrote:BTW, Lightning Dancer was the pony in that episode, not Dust. It took me a bit to remember that.
which episode?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Wonderbolt Academy, oops.

Edit: Wait I'm completely wrong it seems. I'm such a doodoo head sometimes.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Wonderbolt Academy, oops.
nope, it's Lightning Dust

EDIT: you realized it on your own
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Swicked wrote:Applejck
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 am

swicked wrote:Random side comment: Lightning Dust, the pony from the recent Rainbow Dash episode? I think it was Lightning Dust, anyway... I don’t, by any means, try to press for Somber to adapt to the ever-changing official canon, but I hope he can use her. She’s a great character for this world. I can easily, EASILY imagine Goldenblood picking her up and using her to some degree in the OIA given Rainbow Dash would have locked the poor mare out of advancing in the armed forces, having decided the mare wasn’t trustworthy enough to put any ponies working underneath her. I mean, really, Rainbow Dash just stood by as she was apparently kicked out of the Thunderbolts. No argument from her, perfectly justified punishment in her eyes. Lighting Dust’s driven and has one real skill set... the same one as Rainbow Dash.
I wouldn't at all be surprised if she was a high-ranking Shadowbolt. She learned a hard lesson, and I expect true military discipline would mellow her out enough to make a solid fighter.

swicked wrote:By comparison, Rainbow Dash went behind Lightning Dust’s back and got her kicked from the program just because, what, Rainbow hurt herself following Dust through that one gap? And her friends were in a hot air balloon up at the wonderbolts course, where no one expected any non-fliers to be? No one got hurt and Lightning accomplished her given objective.
I really hope you're playing devil's advocate here. First, Dash in no way betrayed Lightning Dust. She didn't go whine to Spitfire and get Dust kicked out -- she resigned in order to remove herself from the situation. The fact that Spitfire came back and did the right thing is immaterial. Dust should have been reprimanded after her stunt on the obstacle course, much less after starting a tornado she couldn't control.

And anyway, the real issue was not the fact that an accident occurred -- the tornado was reckless, but not directly malicious. As you said, the balloon wasn't expected, and a training course is likely to be rough airspace. But Dust showed no remorse at all for causing the accident and displayed a complete lack of concern for the victims. I mean, how would you feel if your car got smashed off the road by a runaway bulldozer, and the guy who lost control just walked up and commented on how fast he took down that condemned house? Sure, he just totaled your car, but you're not hurt, so who cares? It wasn't a one-time thing, either. You see the same behavior on the obstacle course -- she repeatedly put other ponies in danger, but so long as nobody actually got hurt, she just didn't care. She clearly indicated that she would happily keep rolling the dice until she finally did hurt someone.

Sorry I'm taking such issue with this, but I absolutely loved seeing Dash put her principles above her own desires, and I think she was totally in the right. That was my favorite episode for the entire season.

swicked wrote:‘Tokomare’ <-- what the monk does that mean? What’s the base name this pun off from?
A tokamak is a toroidial magnetic bottle, usually used to confine plasma for nuclear fusion research.

swicked wrote:From where? You’re entirely naked and you left your gear... unless they carted it to the table with you, I guess.
Freaking hammer space.
What are you talking about? It's right there in the inventory on her PipBuck. Applebloom

swicked wrote:Green snow, though? I’d of expected black. The ash from the fires, the dust blown into the air... I know balefire burns green but I’m not sure I care for how it’s colorizing this snow.
Not Somber's fault. I was picturing green snow too, though what Scoot actually said was, "Besides, I’m sick of [my PipBuck] clicking. I don’t need it yelling at me that the snow is radioactive and that I’m breathing poison. The air is fucking green..." But the green particulates in the air would presumably precipitate out, so you should end up with green snow eventually.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 am

Mech just did a new picture
I know I should let him be the one to come here and post it, but SQUEEEE.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_mh5za5hCkO1qkdrvbo1_500
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 am

Kippershy wrote:Mech just did a new picture

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_mh5za5hCkO1qkdrvbo1_500

I am ok with this
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am

Kippershy wrote:Mech just did a new picture

We can rebuild her, we have the technology! But I don't want to spend anymore money. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 2937254162
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:Random side comment: Lightning Dust, the pony from the recent Rainbow Dash episode? I think it was Lightning Dust, anyway... I don’t, by any means, try to press for Somber to adapt to the ever-changing official canon, but I hope he can use her. She’s a great character for this world. I can easily, EASILY imagine Goldenblood picking her up and using her to some degree in the OIA given Rainbow Dash would have locked the poor mare out of advancing in the armed forces, having decided the mare wasn’t trustworthy enough to put any ponies working underneath her. I mean, really, Rainbow Dash just stood by as she was apparently kicked out of the Thunderbolts. No argument from her, perfectly justified punishment in her eyes. Lighting Dust’s driven and has one real skill set... the same one as Rainbow Dash.
I wouldn't at all be surprised if she was a high-ranking Shadowbolt. She learned a hard lesson, and I expect true military discipline would mellow her out enough to make a solid fighter.

swicked wrote:By comparison, Rainbow Dash went behind Lightning Dust’s back and got her kicked from the program just because, what, Rainbow hurt herself following Dust through that one gap? And her friends were in a hot air balloon up at the wonderbolts course, where no one expected any non-fliers to be? No one got hurt and Lightning accomplished her given objective.
I really hope you're playing devil's advocate here. First, Dash in no way betrayed Lightning Dust.

When Dash first learned she wasn't the leader, she immediately went to Spitfire and said "Why is she the leader? I had the fastest time!"
She may not have actively been trying to sabotage Lightning Dust, but she definitely wanted to be leader instead of her.

Everything I know about Rainbow Dash makes me think she would not forgive Lightning Dust. That she would, like I said, exclude her from ever achieving a position in which she was in charge of the lives of others. Her view of her would forever be tainted by the disregard Lightning seemed to have for Rainbow's friends, and that's what would lock her out of her future.

SilentCarto wrote:Not Somber's fault. I was picturing green snow too, though what Scoot actually said was, "Besides, I’m sick of [my PipBuck] clicking. I don’t need it yelling at me that the snow is radioactive and that I’m breathing poison. The air is fucking green..." But the green particulates in the air would presumably precipitate out, so you should end up with green snow eventually.
I imagined it was the radiation. The glow. It's not the particles, it's the rads they are throwing off.
It was a haze and it was the light diffused through the snow that made it green. The snow, itself, was not.

it's green cause magic thats why
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 am

So, guys. Today is the big day for me.
Anyone remember this?
Spoiler:

...it's going to be slightly different, no clue on exacts yet, but today is the day.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Kippershy is getting a tattoo!

And I'm not actually sure about speculation... I don't think I made any, this time, at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 pm

...I have the PH tattoo.

Once it's time to take off the clingfilm, I'll take a picture for all of you.
It's not got a pony as the queen, but it still remains the point of the tattoo and it looks fucking amazing. And it still has Blackjack under it too.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Somber, this is for you.
Well, not just you, but in your honour and as a testament of how much Project Horizons means to me, what it has carried me through and the hope and strength it's given me.

Project Horizons kept me alive and moving during a time when I felt life was otherwise worthless.
Hope for a new chapter gave me incentive not to try hook it each and every day.
It healed my heart during times of ache with the relationship between Blackjack and Glory.
It gave me courage as both Blackjack and P-21 came to have issues with wanting to commit suicide.

On top of this, without Project Horizons I wouldn't have been inspired to write my own story, which is now almost a year old and going strong.
You've given me a lot, this is my way to honour you.
Thank you.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the queen isn't a pony - that's purely because I felt asking for a pony for the queen would have been awkward as fuck, especially since the original design was a skeleton (tattoo artist drew me a mock up beforehand, put a skeleton in there.)
However, that doesn't change that the tattoo is meant to resemble Blackjacks cutie mark - as well as having her name.

Again, thank you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Kippershy wrote:Somber, this is for you.
Well, not just you, but in your honour and as a testament of how much Project Horizons means to me, what it has carried me through and the hope and strength it's given me.

Project Horizons kept me alive and moving during a time when I felt life was otherwise worthless.
Hope for a new chapter gave me incentive not to try hook it each and every day.
It healed my heart during times of ache with the relationship between Blackjack and Glory.
It gave me courage as both Blackjack and P-21 came to have issues with wanting to commit suicide.

On top of this, without Project Horizons I wouldn't have been inspired to write my own story, which is now almost a year old and going strong.
You've given me a lot, this is my way to honour you.
Thank you.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the queen isn't a pony - that's purely because I felt asking for a pony for the queen would have been awkward as fuck, especially since the original design was a skeleton (tattoo artist drew me a mock up beforehand, put a skeleton in there.)
However, that doesn't change that the tattoo is meant to resemble Blackjacks cutie mark - as well as having her name.

Again, thank you.

Wow! That is really cool!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm

@swicked
Probably next one then. Shouldn't be editing to shoehorn.

@Kip
That's pretty cool.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Hee! I love your reviews, Swicked. And that is an intense tat. And I love Mech's new pic. It's really the eyes that get me though. That wistful look... sigh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm really glad I haven't upset / scared / freaked you out, Somber.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

I like the organic-looking eyes, personally.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 am

Kippershy wrote:Somber, this is for you.
It's a very nice tattoo, Kipper. I'm glad you finally had a chance to get it done.

And speaking of finally getting things done...
Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/41512688496
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 am

Spoiler:
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Spoiler:
That's a nice piece, Wave. The rendition of Blackjack's armor reminds me of the Borg, and Boo looks like a squishy scorpion to me.
I'm okay with this. The picture is adorable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

@Ryx
Very nice! I like the composition, it's like they're lying down together and we're seeing them from above, but they're the only things visible.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Another good picture, WavemasterRyx.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Retl wrote:That's too cute! Boo looks particularly squishy and I envy that.
O. Hinds wrote:Another good picture, WavemasterRyx.
Thank you very much, sirs.
Ketchup wrote:That's a nice piece, Wave. The rendition of Blackjack's armor reminds me of the Borg, and Boo looks like a squishy scorpion to me.
I'm okay with this. The picture is adorable.
Thank you, Ketchup. I was actually using this Enclave armor as the base, but yeah, I was thinking it had turned out a bit like Borg armor myself, how peculiar. I do try my best to make Boo look squishy, and I'm perfectly okay with her being a squishy scorpion.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Very nice! I like the composition, it's like they're lying down together and we're seeing them from above, but they're the only things visible.
*hugs* Thank you, OAC.
Yeah, that's pretty much the approach I was going for. I wanted to make it like one of those Japanese body pillows (with Seapony Rampage on the other side), but when I tried to make the crinkles for the bedding it just didn't turn out at all, so I ditched them.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 pm

@WavemasterRyx
Your art is wonderful as always. But for an authentic Blackjack Body Pillow, you'd need to put some steel plating. XD
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 am

Anxiously awaiting Blackjack's final form where they fill her with sobakawa buckwheat seed armour
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:And speaking of finally getting things done...
Spoiler:
I don't really have anything to say other than "D'awwwwwww...!" But there you go.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 am

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:

On Dogs and Ponies:
I already loved Triage and Rover, but this really convinces me that those two would have excellent conversations together. I hope they get some more lines.

On Pheonix Posy:
Knowing PH, she's probably dying forever in a drain somewhere. Ugh. Kind of wonder what if. Could have been interesting for Rampage, she could have. But this thought of one last hurrah is already forward a step.
Project Horizons:
Even after shaping up around beds and drains and with half of her washed away she kept blowing up again and again. Then the whole mixture goes down the drain and who knows what happens. Again, knowing PH, nothing good. Can't be good for the mind to be reshaped again and again in a small metal tube until you're washed somewhere more spacious. That's a gruesome death every few centimeters for what could be miles.

On the Foulest Mouth this side of Everfree:
...I kind of want to see more Glue. I don't know why. I can only imagine that he must have had some interesting encounters in his job.

Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
Pony is pirate now.

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Spoiler:
The phrase "blanket of mares" pops up. I couldn't quite explain why, but this one makes it hit home that Blackjack is basically wearing armour she can't take off anymore, not even to respect a tender moment. It's a little easier to see why she was so hesitant about the upgrade.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am

swicked wrote: Somber had established her blowing up as being a conscious act.
My mistake, then. I thought that she exploded if she was killed.

...A good set of words, too. This is an essential ingredient of what makes Project Horizons Project Horizons, said well.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next