Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Mr. Snrub
RoboRed
hawkeye92
chinman
Downloaded Skill
WovenTales
Quotidian
CamoBadger
StoneSlinger88
Train Dodger
Sindri
AGurdel
FeatherDust
Boing
BrentOGara
CannonFodder
Karasu
Mister Nikel
Randombuttons
jacky2734
Harmony Ltd.
Valikdu
nebulous
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Somber
Exodus Hero
Vergil
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Kippershy
PantheraLeo
Luminous Lead
Admiral Stoic Rum
skibadaa
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Caoimhe
Cptadder
Stringtheory
Ketchup
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
49 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

swicked wrote:
As much humor as I wish was in the story (and thus write these little extra scenes for myself) I also often wish for more ones of beauty. I'd love for her to see another concert by the crusaders, watching Octavia sing in the hooves of the kids as opposed to being used as a shield and club, and be able to imagine her happy as the many fillies and colts admired her. For her to sit back and look at Glory, really thinking about how much she means to her and how beautiful she is to her. Another moment between P-21 and Scotch where they are just so happy to have found each other, or of just P-21 being proud of her, like that short story I made of Sekashi having the chance to see her daughter tell a story, in following in her footsteps.
There are many touching moments that I'd more think of as being calms. Stuff like glory and boo sleeping cuddled with Blackjack. A chance to rest. There are touching moments where one or another character gets to tell Blackjack what she means to them and the like.
What I'm talking about is more like a moment of clarity where Blackjack suddenly, for a single moment, just stops and appreciates something for its own sake. Not simply life being good or happy, but life being infinitely worth it, because no amount of bad experiences could take away this single moment in time where everything, in one small part of this messed up world, was right.

Edit:
I realize we can't have her stopping and getting excited about how glorious something is every chapter or anything. This isn't Dr. Who, where the main character suddenly stops and starts loudly gushing (because we can't hear his thoughts) about how glorious something (often humanity) is every episode, but yeah...
Somber likely has these moments properly spaced as it is, and any more often would be distracting. I just appreciate them a lot.
Absolutely this. Very aptly put, and very synonymous with my own thoughts.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by nebulous Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:27 am

Concerning which episode is the last that Fallout: Equestria canon needs to adhere to, the last episode the original story referenced was May the Best Pet Win, with the Enclave tank named Tortoise.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

Guys, I know this isn't really the place for it, but I can't get Cloudsdale to help out here. I heard about that big storm you're having in the northeast, and it looks like the weather shipping department screwed up and sent our Winter to you because we just got this big crate of Spring. We had to crack it open just so we could have any weather at all, but there's still plenty left, so if you could box up a month's worth of that Winter and send it down here, we'd be really grateful.

swicked wrote:As much humor as I wish was in the story (and thus write these little extra scenes for myself) I also often wish for more ones of beauty. I'd love for her to see another concert by the crusaders, watching Octavia sing in the hooves of the kids as opposed to being used as a shield and club, and be able to imagine her happy as the many fillies and colts admired her.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 am

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote: Somber had established her blowing up as being a conscious act.
My mistake, then. I thought that she exploded if she was killed.

...A good set of words, too. This is an essential ingredient of what makes Project Horizons Project Horizons, said well.

Didn't she also explode after being shot in the head? I thought that was several times, even.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Can you do that ? Can you explode twice ?!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can you do that ? Can you explode twice ?!
actually, yes you can
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm

FINALLY got around to reading the latest chapter. I don't think I have anything to say about it that hasn't already been said. Did spot one possible mistake though.

“Dog has answer. If Pony insists on doing things that ruins Dog’s hard work, Dog will make simply make her tougher.” He looked at Triage and grinned. “What pony think? Securipony?”

I do believe that there is one too many "make"s in that statement, even if you take his speech style into account, it still doesn't sound right.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
I joke, and yet... I don't.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
okay, that game looks AWESOME! and, yeah, that's Dawn if she was human, and probably 20 years younger
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

stringtheory wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
okay, that game looks AWESOME! and, yeah, that's Dawn if she was human, and probably 20 years younger
Hey, she might be sixty for all you know. I mean, if you're going to get your skin replaced with armor plates, you might as well get the ones that look young and healthy, right?...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

wow, the game apparently might have memory orbs, or at least a similar concept:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Definition_of_braindance_1020
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 pm

jacky2734 wrote:FINALLY got around to reading the latest chapter. I don't think I have anything to say about it that hasn't already been said. Did spot one possible mistake though.

“Dog has answer. If Pony insists on doing things that ruins Dog’s hard work, Dog will make simply make her tougher.” He looked at Triage and grinned. “What pony think? Securipony?”

I do believe that there is one too many "make"s in that statement, even if you take his speech style into account, it still doesn't sound right.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

stringtheory wrote:wow, the game apparently might have memory orbs, or at least a similar concept:
Huh, wow. Well, you know what they say about technology and magic. In Shadowrun, they called those BTLs -- Better Than Life.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 am

swicked wrote:Quick question:
For Blackjack's other cyberpony upgrades, didn't they usually come along with a note saying what zebra alchemical augmentation she'd been locked out of for taking the upgrade? I remember that happening at least twice.

Is there no parallel to this latest upgrade?
Well, she doesn't have fingers, at least not yet. So... maybe?

I had a similar thought as I was re-reading chapter 3 about her eye mutations. I figured that the bonuses were changed when she lost 1 eye and the installation of cyber-eyes.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Randombuttons Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Uh-oh, I've been neglecting my FoE & forum needs for a while. Needless to say, I've got to catch up!
I just wanted to note in regards to the Discord FiM episode that I hope Somber gives up on trying to implement new (in this case S3) canon into PH. It's much better and simpler that way.

Randombuttons
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/ia-ia-twilight-fhtagn.html

And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

not necessarily, or at least not any more than it was when Cadence was revealed, or when the views of Celestia and Luna in PH appeared.
Spoiler:

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Spoiler:

Last edited by SilentCarto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

I peg FoE cannon as the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Empire not returning would have had such a huge butterfly effect. Remember without the Crystal Empire and Sombra, there is no reason to put Twilight on her path to the Season 3 end-game.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
"And here is Cannon with the weather forecast"
Thanks newsreporter. I'm on the beach where shitstorm twilicorngate is beginning to make landfall. As you can see the superstorm completely blankets the sky and it just now making it's way to the coast. Bronies are advised to take a chill pill and wait until the actual episode airs. If the next 24 hours we expect the fandom to be completely engulfed in the drama. If you see any art in your deviantart inbox on the subject don't look at the comments. We are also advising people to hide "twilicorngate" and "alicorn drama" until the episode airs on your derpibooru account. You can already see the waves of people ragequitting the fandom washing ashore now and making complaints about the show "pandering" to bronies as well as the generic "this fandom has changed we used to be about love and tolerance" posts. We advice you to not walk directly in the path of these oncoming waves otherwise be swept up in droves of angry white knighters defending the drama whore. Be advice that when the superstorm is done there is also the danger of the riptide effect of ". . . So guys. . I didn't leave the fandom after all".

Also be advised that having any sort of logical or reasonable opinion to not voice it until the episode airs or be washed up in the drama. While it is okay to dislike the idea of twilight becoming a alicorn for fear of her becoming a walking deus ex machina or such you will be washed away in the waves of drama of people being unreasonable if you aren't careful.

"Thanks Cannon, here's Chet with sports"
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
"And here is Cannon with the weather forecast"
Thanks newsreporter. I'm on the beach where shitstorm twilicorngate is beginning to make landfall. As you can see the superstorm completely blankets the sky and it just now making it's way to the coast. Bronies are advised to take a chill pill and wait until the actual episode airs. If the next 24 hours we expect the fandom to be completely engulfed in the drama. If you see any art in your deviantart inbox on the subject don't look at the comments. We are also advising people to hide "twilicorngate" and "alicorn drama" until the episode airs on your derpibooru account. You can already see the waves of people ragequitting the fandom washing ashore now and making complaints about the show "pandering" to bronies as well as the generic "this fandom has changed we used to be about love and tolerance" posts. We advice you to not walk directly in the path of these oncoming waves otherwise be swept up in droves of angry white knighters defending the drama whore. Be advice that when the superstorm is done there is also the danger of the riptide effect of ". . . So guys. . I didn't leave the fandom after all".

Also be advised that having any sort of logical or reasonable opinion to not voice it until the episode airs or be washed up in the drama. While it is okay to dislike the idea of twilight becoming a alicorn for fear of her becoming a walking deus ex machina or such you will be washed away in the waves of drama of people being unreasonable if you aren't careful.

"Thanks Cannon, here's Chet with sports"

That was brilliant!
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

God damnit, I've been trying to avoid spoilers about this, then in a random article about something completely unrelated, EqD links to a youtube vid that reveals the news. RRRrrRrrRrr

It's nice, however that FoE is now so unrelated to canon rather than ever-so-slightly-may-be-explainable that anything can happen now.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 am

I just stumbled across this reference:
Pipsqueak's Day Off wrote:Next to my wardrobe is a large cardboard box with books spilling out the top. The books are a mere ruse, I move them aside to reveal several 2' by 1' wooden crates with 'Wild Pegasus' stamped on the front. Six crates, twelve bottles each, seventy-two bottles of bourbon total. The crates were a gift from Mulekick Brewing Industries to my mother after she spearheaded their Wild Pegasus marketing campaign. She's the reason it's what Blackjack drinks in the Fallout: Equestria television spinoff Project Horizons. I was mixing the drinks for everpony in the room when the deal was made. Everypony praised her for being so innovative, but mother and I were quite frankly shocked that nopony had thought of it before. When you think about it, bourbon and the apocalypse is possibly the most natural match-up in marketing history.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm

What's that reference from O.Hinds?
I see it's from Pipsqueaks day out but I'm confused as hell.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Cptadder wrote:What's that reference from O.Hinds?
I see it's from Pipsqueaks day out but I'm confused as hell.
...What? You can see what the reference is from, but you're asking me what the reference is from and are very confused?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

He means that up until now he didn't know "Pipesqueak's Day Out" was a thing and maybe requires a link directly to it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh, sorry! I assumed that anyone who didn't already know about it would just search for it.
FIMFiction link.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Others might, I wouldn't.

Only reason I'm here right now is due to me being on a Fallout kick nearly a year ago and after typing up "Fallout" in the TV Tropes search bar I saw "Fallout Equestria" and that was too unbelievable to not click on and look up.

Other then that, it's easier to pass something through Congress then to get me to read a fic.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Aaand on a completely unrelated topic:
I happened to glance at Somber's Brohoof count, and I do believe that he has the highest Brohoof count on the entire forum. Does everybody just immediately brohoof him whenever he makes a post?

Also, hate to ask but, can we have an update on the next chapter? I just got back into the story and I'm hoping to get another chapter while the fire is still burning at it's hottest.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 pm

jacky2734 wrote:Also, hate to ask but, can we have an update on the next chapter? I just got back into the story and I'm hoping to get another chapter while the fire is still burning at it's hottest.
Somber sent me about four pages a few days ago for my opinion, and they looked pretty good to me. No idea what any other testers might have thought, though, or when it'll be ready for brushing, or when we'll have the intersecting timeslots for brushing. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next