Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+34
Formis_Fluttergod
Bootleg
Mech
Ametros
Elexius
Karasu
Icy Shake
Vergil
CamoBadger
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Meleagridis
Game Master
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
OneMoreDaySK
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Caoimhe
WavemasterRyx
Ironmonger
Sindri
Ketchup
WovenTales
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Nightfire
Kippershy
RoboRed
38 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 pm

you're still on the rainboom generator huh? why not accelerate a single pegasus feather to the point of rainboom speed?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:04 pm

he's right, I'm a freeloading american, even though I work 50-60 hours a week and can not always be sure if I can afford somethings like my student loan payments, my car payments, in conjunction with rent and electricity, utilities grocery and waste expenses. not to mention fuel
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Sonic rainbooms are pretty distinctive; how do you propose hiding the evidence that one just went off?
Simple distance, Rainbooms are very distinctive but they fade over time. Based on curvature of the planet your looking at a max range of oh thirty miles? Also doing it at night or simialar low visibility conditions could help or better still out over water.
Wouldn't the other ship in your example be closer than that, though? And what if the scouts get there before the fading is complete? And wouldn't doing it at night make it worse due to the light being more visible in the dark?

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Yeah, okay, I can see that. …Though I'm still not actually sure that it would be that difficult, as I'm not sure that Equestria would go about it in that way. They may very well have just used a research center in Hoofington.
Rainbooms are explosive, why the heck would you test out a high yield explosive weapon anywhere near a city? Or worse near a cloud city? No any kind of Rainboom generator research center is going to be in a remote location.
Ah, good point. However, this does mean that the Zebras will probably be interested in it from the start if they find out about the research station at all. "They're building a dedicated closed research station out in the middle of nowhere? What's too secret and/or dangerous for Hoofington? We need to get more information on this."

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Well, I do have it becoming a university (both teaching and R&D) at some point postapocalypse, but during the war it was more or less a very big and diverse version of the sort of research center you described. It's built in the middle of a desert, as you can see on the map, the flow of anything out was very carefully controlled, and the flow of materials and personnel in was likewise controlled and kept to a minimum. I'm using pretty free information flow in, though, and very free information flow within (ie, the scientists and even the security staff are not only permitted but to an extent encouraged to talk to each other about what they're doing, in the hope that this will lead to ideas that otherwise wouldn't have been thought of). Oh, in case you don't remember me talking about Profectum at all, it was basically the Zebra counterpart to Hoofington in the area of R&D
I have no concerns with that, we have a few research facilities in the desert of our own after all like infamous Area 51 for example.
Ah, good, though I was more concerned about whether someone more knowledgeable about OS and the like would approve of the information flow patterns.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:you're still on the rainboom generator huh? why not accelerate a single pegasus feather to the point of rainboom speed?
Well, it's much more likely than not, I think, that a single feather wouldn't have the required magical patterns (I doubt that pegasi are fractal).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm

swicked wrote:What was the recipe for the love poison, again? Some rainbow, a Pegasus feather, and I can't remember what else.
Pegasus feathers are certainly magical, to some degree, when seperated from their hosts.

given the size of the pony and their wing span, I would put it at a for of magic which gives them flight, so I theorize that pegasus wings/feathers manipulate magical fields perhaps the ambient magic in the air to enable their flight. This follows the pattern of newborn foals able to fly at random or even the infant unicorns as well, but when they mature more, they lose that ability ala cakes, scoots and sweetie bell

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:27 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Israel says 'hi' (if you don't know why I bring this up, they developed a bullet a few years back which is designed to shatter inside the body and ricochet around inside)
Ouch. Can has link?
Here's a story about it.

The story seems to be anti-israel, but I find the arguments rather unconvincing. Particularly in light of the israeli comment -- "We don't shoot live bullets when nobody’s shooting at us."

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/shoot_to_maim.html

I mean, I'm heavily along stance that if you are opening fire on a living human being, you are INTENDING to kill that person. If the shot causes anything less than death, the target should be thankful that they are not, in fact, dead.
I agree. Be thankful you are alive at all.

I don't really know a lot about the situation between the Israelis and the Palestinians, so I can't really make an opinion on that, but if you are throwing Molotov cocktails, I don't see a reason not to be responded to by potentially lethal force. Soldiers would feel threatened by something that could very well set you on fire, I don't really know about the rocks, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 pm

swicked wrote:What was the recipe for the love poison, again? Some rainbow, a Pegasus feather, and I can't remember what else.
Pegasus feathers are certainly magical, to some degree, when seperated from their hosts.

it was the color of a rainbow, a bit of cumulus and the feather of a pegasus

odd thing about that poison is it can really be made by pegasus since all of those ingredients fall into pegasus domain
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Man, love poision could have solved a lot in FoE
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Man, love poision could have solved a lot in FoE

...now I want to see a comedy fic where this happens so I can laugh and laugh
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:37 pm

A tuft of cloud
A bright rainbow's glow
Stirred with a pegasus feather
Fast, not slow

I note that all of those are pegasus-related ingredients. Was the love poison invented by pegasi?

Edit: Oh, woops, Rum ninja'd me. Like, the entire post. Dangit.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I doubt the ingredients would be widely available. See any rainbows?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:17 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
I doubt the ingredients would be widely available. See any rainbows?
Order one from Absolutely everything and have it delivered.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:28 pm

CamoBadger wrote:

...now I want to see a comedy fic where this happens so I can laugh and laugh

Zebra peace talks with spiked drinks containing the love potion.

Or Fluttershy gasses zebra and pony trenches with a gaseous version of the stuff. Turning entire battlefields into lovefests. The war ends and suddenly a lot more zonies are born.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
A tuft of cloud
A bright rainbow's glow
Stirred with a pegasus feather
Fast, not slow

I note that all of those are pegasus-related ingredients. Was the love poison invented by pegasi?

Edit: Oh, woops, Rum ninja'd me. Like, the entire post. Dangit.

The ones afflicted were non-pegasi, right? The invention of the love poison could have been a deliberate political scheme by the warlike pegasi in ancient confederate Equestria.

Also, I've just realized some fridge horror: Big Mac and Cheerilee drink a rainbow derived product... stirred with a piece of Scootaloo...

Last edited by Luminous Lead on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Drop a bomb filled with a magical aphrodisiac on a zebra legion. That's what the military calls a "Gay Bomb", no joke.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 pm

That may or may not work, since everypony's a lesbian.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Caoimhe wrote:That may or may not work, since everypony's a lesbian.

Someone should do a study of female protagonists in Fo:E fics, see what we find.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:given the size of the pony and their wing span, I would put it at a for of magic which gives them flight, so I theorize that pegasus wings/feathers manipulate magical fields perhaps the ambient magic in the air to enable their flight. This follows the pattern of newborn foals able to fly at random or even the infant unicorns as well, but when they mature more, they lose that ability ala cakes, scoots and sweetie bell
I agree that pegasus magic includes the ability to fly -- in fact, I suspect based on Hurricane Fluttershy that it enables them to "drag" a lump of air around, which is how they do weather work. Dash usually doesn't generate gale-force winds when she flies, but when she pulls 16 wingpower for the test, she does.

Scootaloo is not a good example for the average young pegasus, though. Faust intended her to be crippled and never able to fly. She noted that it was never stated out loud in the first season, and the current writing crew might therefore go elsewhere with that story thread, but that was the original reason for the scooter. I say, until contradicted, Scootaloo should be assumed flightless.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 pm

I read about the crippled Scoots thing and wish they'd go with it somehow, but not just make "Scoots goes nuts trying to fly" in the same vain of "Applebloom goes nuts trying to get a cutie mark."

But really I want a whole season of her since Scootaloo is bestpony.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
This.

Well, half this. Twilight is best pony. Scoots is best filly. Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I read about the crippled Scoots thing and wish they'd go with it somehow, but not just make "Scoots goes nuts trying to fly" in the same vain of "Applebloom goes nuts trying to get a cutie mark."

Yeah, I'd really like to see her get her own story. I don't think she would go crazy trying to fly -- she's gotta be aware of her own condition -- but it'd be nice to have that laid down in canon rather than the big question mark it is right now.

Also, in retrospect:
"It's not chaos, you dodo!"
JESUS, Sweetie!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

After the whole talk about IvP I now want to make a pony version of the Middle Eastern countries. Damn you guys! *shakes fist angrily*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 pm

#I'mgoingtohell
#Butnotasfastasthepersonwhomadethis

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Preview?page=251174&filename=goatboi+-+Pony+Mohamed+is+NOT+amused.+-+small
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I was worried about this being offtopic, but, looking at what's been "the" topic recently, it seems that I temporarily forgot where I was.

Anyway, it's quite a ways above my paygrade (in both songwriting experience and knowledge of Latin), but I kind of want to hear a Zebra national anthem set to this:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:

Someone should do a study of female protagonists in Fo:E fics, see what we find.
what kind of study are you proposing?... Trollestia
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I'd be using something a lot like this for Germane.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm

stringtheory wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:

what kind of study are you proposing?... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 2937254162

A comparison of traits, factors, abilities, race, interactions, and significance. For SCIENCE.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

^I was hoping for a different study. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 779695502 Uh...UH FIFTH AMENDMENT! *dives under a turtle shell* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 2113965524

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Of course you were. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 3007958872
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Just finished reading this. *deep breath* WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING HELL? perhapswant.jpeg

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

Just finished reading this. *deep breath* WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING HELL? perhapswant.jpeg
my thoughts exactly
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next