Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
Ametros
OBS.GS.§S
MLPOCG
Rafafidi
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Aonee
Theta
Scootayay
Somber
Chimalpopica
Cptadder
Vergil
jacky2734
Katarn
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
Ki-Tarn
Stringtheory
Scyto Harmony
Jeremyrush
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mikas
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Caoimhe
Sindri
RandomBlank
SilentCarto
RoboRed
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
WavemasterRyx
44 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Perhaps we shouldn't talk about what happened in Aurora. What happens happens and we really don't need to discuss what occurred. I don't think anyone on this site knew anyone there, but I'd rather not cause unnecessary grief to those who may not be as cold as the rest of us.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:00 am

CamoBadger wrote:Perhaps we shouldn't talk about what happened in Aurora. What happens happens and we really don't need to discuss what occurred. I don't think anyone on this site knew anyone there, but I'd rather not cause unnecessary grief to those who may not be as cold as the rest of us.
I expect us to move on from this as soon as the next chapter lands tonight or tomorrow, it is our way to have long rambling discussions about everything.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 am

ScytoHarmony wrote:Well, I'm clearly an idiot for not noticing.
At least it still brings up some good points, right?
... Right?
Yeah, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the 'uninformed' corner.
Nnngh. That's a bit like saying an anarchist screed "brings up some good points" because it points out the failings of our current governmental system. It may (or may not!) correctly identify some issues, but it's so permeated with its own agenda that any information you get from it is suspect at best.

Domestic abuse, good or bad? I think it's bad. --did I just "bring up a good point"?

Caoimhe wrote:That was easy! No, I love my parents for giving my brother and I nigh unpronounceable names to Americans.
I type over a 100 words a minute so I mixed the o and i. This happens more often than you'd think. :(
...it actually does scan better for me, now. Weird. How is it pronounced, out of curiosity?

CamoBadger wrote:Perhaps we shouldn't talk about what happened in Aurora. What happens happens and we really don't need to discuss what occurred. I don't think anyone on this site knew anyone there, but I'd rather not cause unnecessary grief to those who may not be as cold as the rest of us.
I cast Lesser Shitstorm! Everyone in the radius has to make a will save or participate in an off-topic debate for 1d4 turns!
Sweetie Belle
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:That was easy! No, I love my parents for giving my brother and I nigh unpronounceable names to Americans.
I type over a 100 words a minute so I mixed the o and i. This happens more often than you'd think. :(
...it actually does scan better for me, now. Weird. How is it pronounced, out of curiosity?

"Kee-va." Slainte!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:50 am

Katarn wrote:So...we have 2 of you, guys, I believe guard have copy of Day Z too, me and Kipp and two of my friends...though...time zones...
Heh, yeah time zones can be a huge jerk, but it would be fun to try and coordinate a party sometime.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:That's it, I'm grabbing a copy. Not
sure it can run on my normal machine, but I've got access to a
hydrogeology beast that can more or less max out The Witcher 2 without a
care in the world for a while, so yeah.

Between Steam sales and the one cent books at Barnes and Noble, I may have a problem. =P
Nah, as long as you're responsible about it, I wouldn't call it a problem. And certainly don't just run out and get a copy because of us heh, though if you do I hope you enjoy it.

swicked wrote:...what did I miss, here?
Just me being typically over-emotional, nothing to worry about heh.

Vergil wrote:Funny story a completely different friend of mine gifted
me ArmA the other day. Guess that's the in thing right now?
iLateralGX wrote:The amount of people that bought ARMA II today is
staggering. I knew I was not going to be the only one, but damn. There
is like 15 people I know so far who have purchased it today.

The funniest part is they all bought it for the same reason. DayZ.
*giggles* Yeah, it's gotten to be a pretty popular game, and pretty much entirely due to DayZ. Really odd how things like that work out.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:58 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Katarn wrote:So...we have 2 of you, guys, I believe guard have copy of Day Z too, me and Kipp and two of my friends...though...time zones...
Heh, yeah time zones can be a huge jerk, but it would be fun to try and coordinate a party sometime.
The time isn't dependent on where you are, but where the server is hosted. Just an FYI, probably already knew.
WavemasterRyx wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:The amount of people that bought ARMA II today is
staggering. I knew I was not going to be the only one, but damn. There
is like 15 people I know so far who have purchased it today.

The funniest part is they all bought it for the same reason. DayZ.
*giggles* Yeah, it's gotten to be a pretty popular game, and pretty much entirely due to DayZ. Really odd how things like that work out.
I doubt Bohemia minds at all.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:13 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Public announcement because of the hilarity it may bring:

Ryx - you fuckin' complain about what I've just done, and I'll slap you before hugging you. Got it?
I won't complain... I... did start crying though, when I opened steam this morning and saw it. And I'm crying again now... Thank you so, so much, Kipper *hugs you tight*

*hugs you tight and doesn't let go*
For everything you've done, you deserve that at the very least. As long as it was tears of joy/overwhelming good feeling, then it's okay. I saw you wanted it and I wanted to do something you'd appreciate.
You do a lot of amazing stuff and you're a truly utterly amazing person so you deserve something like this from time to time.

Katarn wrote:@Ryx
So, he send you ArmA2 too?

I don't care if Kipp say, that it was nothing, I HAVE to repay somehow for this to him....

It was nothing though! I said I'd do it if it went down in price and I knew how much it meant to you, so there, it's made me happy to do.

WavemasterRyx wrote:@Katarn
*nods* Yes he did. "Project Horizons DayZ Crusaders Yay!"? Heh.

And
definitely going to try and repay him. I was already working on
something for him, so I'll just doubletime that. *nods again*

You're utterly awesome =3 again and again.
And I do have ooooooone more thing if you want to do anything - SFW which you'll no doubt love doing (involves Boo).
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
I actually had the Steam deal's page up already, and was debating getting it 'cos I enjoyed the demo a lot. =P This just pushed me over the edge.

@Sindri/CamoBadger
What I really would like would be statistics on guns versus knives in your average mugging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:20 am

Okay. If you want, I can make a little instruction on how to prepare your arma for day z

Last edited by Katarn on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:20 am

O. Hinds wrote:I think that your clock is off by about two hours... Or I was really tired yesterday.

Whaaaat? Well, so much for the prospect of sleep. Sweetie Belle
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:27 am

O. Hinds wrote:I think that your clock is off by about two hours... Or I was really tired yesterday.
Nope I set it to midnight rather than your crazy 0200 timescale. It's like the PH team is posting from Hawaii.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:54 am

@ketchup504
- Oh, I mean coordinating a time when people can play, not the time in-game, heh.
- No they probably don't mind at all heh.

@swicked (over-emotional)
- Because Kipper bought me the game (ARMA2).

Kippershy wrote:*hugs you tight and doesn't let go*
For everything you've done, you deserve that at the very least. As long as it was tears of joy/overwhelming good feeling, then it's okay. I saw you wanted it and I wanted to do something you'd appreciate.
You do a lot of amazing stuff and you're a truly utterly amazing person so you deserve something like this from time to time.

You're utterly awesome =3 again and again.
And I do have ooooooone more thing if you want to do anything - SFW which you'll no doubt love doing (involves Boo).
*hugs you back* Thank you again Kipper, I really do appreciate it. And I know I already told you, but I will try my best for your drawing.

@Overlong Analysis Cobalt (DayZ)
- Ah heh, yeah I just watched an episode of a DayZ LP and found the game oddly relaxing to watch, and I wanted to give it a try too. But yay for sales!

@Katarn
- Well I got the game to work, but only if I don't run it through Steam. So yeah, I'll probably take a look if you write up any instructions.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

Caoimhe wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:

"Kee-va." Slainte!
...How does that pronunciation arise?

48: nearly done, very tired, made edit to 46 to give warden eyeballs, back to work
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:38 am

Not reading before I go to sleep, 4:40 AM now, eyes drooping. Will read tomorrow.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:18 am

Link is up!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimalpopica Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 am

New chapter out, and it's the end of volume three?

This gon be good.

Last edited by Chimalpopica on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Chimalpopica
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:26 am

As helpfully stated before...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 6f6
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:48 am

@Chapter 48
- Awww yeah, time to read! And oh man, end of the Volume... this is gonna be intense!

@swicked
*nods* I know too many people on steam now... too many conversation tabs. XD;
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 am

@Steam

Wait, does this mean I might actually end up having more then two people on my friends list if you peeps are willing to add me? Score!
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 am

ScytoHarmony wrote:@Steam

Wait, does this mean I might actually end up having more then two people on my friends list if you peeps are willing to add me? Score!

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t281-anypony-got-a-steam-account? Add ALL the users! \o|

My ID is katarn_1933 Feel free to add me, I'll try to help you as much as I can.

BTW. Instructions on Arma 2 for Day Z:
Teh instructions.:

Just read chapter. Middle of chapter: Lacunae! NO! End of chapter: Lacunae? YES!

Last edited by Katarn on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:16 am

Righto, Katarn. Mine is Scyto Harmony or marenis, pretty sure if you search either or I'll be there.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 am

@Katarn (DayZ)
- I had someone help instruct me on how to get DayZ to run through Steam, I'll write it up tomorrow, because it's 5:43 right now.

Okay, initial thoughts on the chapter, there's really only two things I want to say right now, and one thing that isn't related to the chapter.

Unrelated first, Somber has a plan! *hugs Somber gently but very tight* I'm so happy, sir. I really hope everything will work out. I'll drop you another donation tomorrow.

since there aren't many comments yet:

Thank you Somber. Thank you Bronode, Hinds, and Snipehamster. Thank you all for being so wonderful.
I'll try my best to get my full commentary done soon.

*hugs everyone*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 am

Chapter 48 Review is go

What I liked
Charrion expression admiration for Captain Blackjack head of the 23rd Angst Rangers, and look evidence of those brain tumors making her a touch smarter... only Blackjack! Spike

"Are you sure it’s safe to add that Flux stuff? Don’t want anypony growing eye tentacle penises, now.”" No, eye tentacle penises is bad

Blackjack and Xanthe are bonding over exploding turrets.

The idea that Doof went to the time of writing down "Okay", "Trouble" and "Cunts" is hilarious, but it makes me wonder further if he was making the list because he had trouble remember which was which.

Oh Blackjack, Awkward social situation? don't worry you'll be saved by a murderous Killbot, better hope one's on hand when you stop by the Star house next time

Blossomforth I know that name from somewhere but wow maintaining your sanity that long despite being in eternal combat and ghoulification, your a rare mare Blossomforth, and poor Spoon it looks like your fully sane again.

Oh dammit Doof, you did understand what you did and you felt sorry. I wonder which of the Marauders came to you in person and told you to fuck off and die. It does not excuse your crime but it's damn good of you to know how much you hurt Twist and want to make what apology you could. No wonder you broke after that, you were always a simple Pony.

*Oh here we go, Vanity you broke Doof. I thought it was going to be Applesnack but Vanity was my second guess

Hah, Blackjack got hit so hard the the head she traveled back in time/memory. And where does she go? To Rarity's place where Fluttershy taps and Angel breaks down doors.... is which ancient Earth Kung-Fu Star is Angel the reincarnation of?

Oh Fluttershy you have seen worse during the war... and you will see worse because you'll get to watch the world burn

"Remember to shoot Blackjack. It’s good luck.” Dash clapping

“You performed adequately,” the Goddess interjected smugly. No wonder I’d lost connection with Lacunae just then. Bitch. “We heard that,” the Goddess muttered. Spike I heard that Curtis!

What I noticed

I can't imagine Rampage being afraid of Blackjack but the fact that Blackjack with her typical sense of timing decides that now is the time to blow up about the Maiden of the Stars thing with an active warhead is such typically Blackjack.

I never directly connected the fact that Carrion was a ghoul until now, I blame my poor memory as I thought he was a standard griffin.

The Smooze can be taunted? Why has it not consumed the prison yet then and what's it's range of hearing I wonder.

Rampage is getting worse, the voices are arguing with each other.

Wait... Wait, they lost the Talisman for six entire months, there were already three ponies the first time they lost it, Razorwire, the Angel and Softheart

Hmm now the question is how good Blossomforth is at melee combat, I don't think she's long for the world but she has been fighting for over two hundred years, but the fact her opponents are not dieing means no xp?

Hmm the Warden had been in his own little world this entire time. Not sane, but not feral, just normal old ghoul level crazy.

Can Snips dies, can he truly given he's not a standard Ghoul to begin with? Wonder if Snails will have answers for what he is, some sort of Reverant or a special soul Ghoul?

Oh joy the Warden is a flesh abomination, well at least he looks to make a good boss fight
*And he does since's got regeneration up the arse, wonder who hit him with the giant doom laser

What I did not like
Spoiler:
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:07 am

error found:
"I dodged into the path of the bullets, raising my forelegs to protect my face."

Blackjack only has one foreleg now.

edit: actually, I suppose you could interpret it as both her full leg and what stump she has left, but the way I imagine it, she doesn't have enough stump to cover her face.
Still, I suppose she'd still try? I dunno. Just seems that it should only be foreleg instead of forelegs.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 am

Cptadder wrote:
What I did not like

Every chapter has a part I don't like - they all have ends. I particularly found myself dreading the end of this one for multiple reasons, but most of all because I've been convinced since Snips cursed Blackjack that she was doomed to die. Again. Dammit.

I can't help but feel that Unity is going to have a role in how this one plays out...one way or another.

Great work on this one, you guys. Good luck with the move Somber!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 am

I'm glad it was an okay chapter.

On the gun thing... and I'm just sharing my two bits and then I'll shut up... I think it's possible to establish a middle ground between "Arm everyone" and "Arm no one". I think that its important for people who want guns to be able to have access to them; be it for self protection, hunting, or simply because they like to collect them. But I also think that our society should put greater effort in keeping guns out of the hands of people who have every intention of abusing their power.

We have state and national databases for tracking ownership of cars. Why don't we have some kind of database for guns that would allow greater ease of identifying bullet striations and gun trafficing? If bullet X in a crime scene came from Gun Y, and gun Y was last owned by person Z... then person Z should explain why he 'lost' 30 guns in a year. And legitimate gun owners should be leading the charge in getting rid of people who abuse gun ownership. Let the state deal with them and drop the 'wild west' stand your ground mentality. And guns that are seized should be destroyed, not sold at auction. Fewer guns in America is not a bad thing.

By the same token, gun owners need some kind of federal guarantee that their purchase won't be siezed due to a change in political climate. At the very least, most guns are somewhat pricy investments, and at most there's always the question of liberty. But both sides have to agree that either side wants guns in the hands of those who would abuse them. I doubt there is any amount of gun control that would have prevented the shooting in Aurora. He was intelligent, white, had no criminal record, had funds, and was determined to pull this off. But there are crimes and deaths that CAN be prevented if gun owners stand up for gun responsibility and refuse to allow the NRA and gun manufacturers to promote a 'guns at all costs' mentality.

Anyway, just my two cents. Hope the chapter goes well.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 am

Somber wrote:

We have state and national databases for tracking ownership of cars. Why don't we have some kind of database for guns that would allow greater ease of identifying bullet striations and gun trafficing? If bullet X in a crime scene came from Gun Y, and gun Y was last owned by person Z... then person Z should explain why he 'lost' 30 guns in a year.
Gun identification won't work in a database because simply firing off another hundred rounds from the gun can make it impossible to match to the particular gun used. You can identify the calibers of gun used and the ammunition type but standardization in the popular calibers makes it hard to tell anything beyond the fact that a handgun fire this bullet and it was a 9mm. The whole CSI thing of identifying the gun used based on it's ballistic markers on the next bullet fires only works if you can quickly get your hands on the gun. It's why there's talk of making gun makers integrate bullet stamping on weapons so you can match the bullet to the gun longer than after two dozen rounds have been fired.

And that's without things like barrel liners or caliber changers that let you use a .45 to fire 9mm and then just taking a file to the changer before dumping it somewhere.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:39 am

That sounds good. Whatever helps police arrest the gun abuser. And gun manufacturers should also be on board with this. The focus should be on finding ways for law enforcement to take guns away from gun abusers; and abuser being any person who intends to use a fire arm for a malicious crime. Not a gun owner simply for owning a gun.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Had to skip comments because I gotta go to work before the new chapter, so I'm sorry if Co- Ci- Ca- if she already got this.
O. Hinds wrote:

In a word?

Gaelic. (Or should I say Goidelic?)

Confusing the anglicized world since 400.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Kippershy wrote:error found:
"I dodged into the path of the bullets, raising my forelegs to protect my face."

Blackjack only has one foreleg now.

edit: actually, I suppose you could interpret it as both her full leg and what stump she has left, but the way I imagine it, she doesn't have enough stump to cover her face.
Still, I suppose she'd still try? I dunno. Just seems that it should only be foreleg instead of forelegs.
Ah, thank you; I've started my list of things to correct once I can get into the chapter.

Meleagridis wrote:Had to skip comments because I gotta go to work before the new chapter, so I'm sorry if Co- Ci- Ca- if she already got this.
O. Hinds wrote:

In a word?

Gaelic. (Or should I say Goidelic?)

Confusing the anglicized world since 400.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next