Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
Ametros
OBS.GS.§S
MLPOCG
Rafafidi
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Aonee
Theta
Scootayay
Somber
Chimalpopica
Cptadder
Vergil
jacky2734
Katarn
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
Ki-Tarn
Stringtheory
Scyto Harmony
Jeremyrush
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mikas
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Caoimhe
Sindri
RandomBlank
SilentCarto
RoboRed
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
WavemasterRyx
44 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Official Chapter Preview:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 6f6
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I personally hope it's something surreal again. I love love loved 'Recovery.' BJ's manner of sorting out that sort of stuff is hilarious.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Gaah! Spoilers! I read it without thinking.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Caiomhe wrote:You all should read Heart of Darkness if you haven't FYI.

Whaizit.

Wudist.

Whad iz it.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 pm

It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

You may know it by the re-imagining film adaptation Apocalypse Now.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

I keep checking both the film and the book out from the library, and then end up not watching/reading them. But it's on my to-do list! =P

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Heart of Darkness, great book, just a little bit racist. But hey those were the times man. I used to tell people I was reading Heart of Darkness and they would say what's that? And I would say the Apacolypse Now book. Then I would explain the book and they would say Apacolypse Now was in Vietnam, you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't think books get the appreciation they should anymore, generally speaking.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 pm

You also learn quite a bit about European colonialism of Africa in Heart of Darkness and how it irreparably ruined the entire continent for the foreseeable future! Reading is fun!!!!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

Oooh, that sounds good! How long is it, approx?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:44 pm

It's really short
Like 38000 words short

Last edited by Erumpet on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm

It's a long film, but I'm lazy and enjoying this whiskey+gingerale too much to grab my bluray to see but it's 2+ hours if I recall. However do not not not watch the 'redux' extended cut version, it sucks and doesn't add much to the core of the story.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's a long film, but I'm lazy and enjoying this whiskey+gingerale too much to grab my bluray to see but it's 2+ hours if I recall. However do not not not watch the 'redux' extended cut version, it sucks and doesn't add much to the core of the story.

I watched the redux version, and I can agree that most of the scenes that were put in for the redux don't really add to the story per-say, they definitely help build the world like with the french plantation segment (it's too long to be a scene), or provide more understanding on the army like the USO show with the playmates
if you're willing to watch an additional hour of what's essentially world building and filler it's worth getting the redux
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm

We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
Well that's too bad it won't be out tonight, but mostly I just hope everything's alright. Is everyone okay?

swicked wrote:Random question:
Is "behind your back" anything like a double negative? Because if you're in front of someone's back, you are facing the back, so you're behind the person... so if you're BEHIND the back, you're in front of them, right?

I realize it is NOT a double negative, as there are no two negatives to be found, but it seems to me like if you were standing facing the back of something, then went behind said object, you would now be in front of it.

I googled it and the few results I found had mixed answers.
I don't think it would be. I would consider it as "back" being anatomical, rather than a positional designator. The opposite of "in front of your face" as it were. Of course that could be just the same... Maybe I shouldn't be trying to think about things like this when I have a headache.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

O. Hinds wrote:We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
Works for me. I'm not gonna be anywhere near a pc for another twenty-something. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Well that's too bad it won't be out tonight, but mostly I just hope everything's alright. Is everyone okay?
Oh, as far as I know, yes; I'm sorry if I somehow worried you at all. The delay's due to something called "Real Life" with a particular focus on the problem of people needed sleep.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 am

O. Hinds wrote:...people needed sleep.
Ha! Puny mortals! I need no sleep! All hail Korrok! I serve none bu-ZZZzzzzzz...

Jesus Christ. Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery? You know, where you wake up late, forget you had a paper due, bomb a test, discover your car's power steering is about to give out, have a late shift at work, find out your old manager just fucking died, out of goddamn nowhere, have the new manager write you up for a "loss prevention strategy violation", get your lunch pushed back to six thirty, find out you have the early shift tomorrow, have your hours cut for next week, and oh yeah, break half the small bones in your fucking writing hand?

I need a new fucking job.

No, forget that, I need a new fucking life.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 3670107347
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

Quotidian wrote:
Ha! Puny mortals! I need no sleep! All hail Korrok! I serve none bu-ZZZzzzzzz...

Jesus Christ. Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery? You know, where you wake up late, forget you had a paper due, bomb a test, discover your car's power steering is about to give out, have a late shift at work, find out your old manager just fucking died, out of goddamn nowhere, have the new manager write you up for a "loss prevention strategy violation", get your lunch pushed back to six thirty, find out you have the early shift tomorrow, have your hours cut for next week, and oh yeah, break half the small bones in your fucking writing hand?

Oh dear. I hope that things improve for you soon.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, as far as I know, yes; I'm sorry if I somehow worried you at all. The delay's due to something called "Real Life" with a particular focus on the problem of people needed sleep.
Ah, just needing sleep is fine, sleep is important after all. It's just with the end of the month approaching I am becoming somewhat more anxious about what's going to happen... I worry all the time though.

Quotidian wrote:Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery?
Ouch... No one deserves to go through that much ever, let alone in a single day... I really hope you'll be alright, sir. *hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:49 am

Quotidian wrote:

I pray that this is either a joke or that your luck turns around. No one should have to go through that much shit in one day and then be expected to keep up slogging through more of it. I can't say that I've ever had so much of that magnitude dropped on me in such density but if you feel the need to rant or say anything then I'm sure some of us here would be willing to listen.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 am

Quotidian wrote:
...yipe?

hugz?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 am

Quotidian wrote:

Jeez. That's a bad day and then some. Sorry you had to go through that, mate, I hope tomorrow's better...

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 am

Quotidian wrote:

Yeah....that...that definitely trumps my shitty day yesterday...*hugs*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:52 am

Quotidian wrote:
Wake up late,
paper due,
failed test,
power steering damage,
late shift,
good manager dies,
"loss prevention strategy violation"? What the hell is that?
late lunch,
fewer hours next week,
and a broken hand, just to top it off.
Have some supportive metaphorical internet hugs.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am

ketchup504 wrote:
Quotidian wrote:
Wake up late,
paper due,
failed test,
power steering damage,
late shift,
good manager dies,
"loss prevention strategy violation"? What the hell is that?
late lunch,
fewer hours next week,
and a broken hand, just to top it off.
Have some supportive metaphorical internet hugs.

I couldn't help but read this to the tune of 'We Didn't Start the Fire.'

"Loss prevention strategy violation" sounds like retail nu-speak. I assume someone stole something and Quotidian didn't notice or perhaps something was unlocked. I hate those wordings, it makes accidents sound like felonies.

Regardless that's quite a day, all you'd need is a dog dying and a significant other cheating on you for a Muddy Waters blues ballad. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

So... any pony know the size of the American arms industry and I mean in value like buy sell manufacture value. Billions or trillions I'm sure. Here's a thought if America banned civilian firearm ownership imagine the economic impact the job losses and businesses lost and the basic theft of everyone's property. The guns would be seized without recompense and well I have seen collections ranging in the six figures
Tell me how would it be a good idea?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:So... any pony know the size of the American arms industry and I mean in value like buy sell manufacture value. Billions or trillions I'm sure. Here's a thought if America banned civilian firearm ownership imagine the economic impact the job losses and businesses lost and the basic theft of everyone's property. The guns would be seized without recompense and well I have seen collections ranging in the six figures
Tell me how would it be a good idea?

The only way I see it happening is if we slowly got rid of it, we just can't take the hit for an all out ban right now, economically speaking.

In my opinion this should have been done away with a LONG time ago.
The second amendment reads - "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

The key word there being militia. This was created during a time when the United States was small and our standing army was not enough to defend ourselves. I believe once we had a standing army worthy of defense the need for a "militia" was just not there so the "right to keep and bear arms" should have gone as well.

Last edited by iLateralGX on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I accidently a word)
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Eh I interpret it as you have the right to form a militia that is well regulated that defends a free state(ie government) and the right to keep and bear arms cannot be taken. So essentially to me it enables a governmental power to initiate a police force and enables citizens the right to keep and bear arms.

but that was not my question. What is the value of arms industry?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next