Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
Ametros
OBS.GS.§S
MLPOCG
Rafafidi
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Aonee
Theta
Scootayay
Somber
Chimalpopica
Cptadder
Vergil
jacky2734
Katarn
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
Ki-Tarn
Stringtheory
Scyto Harmony
Jeremyrush
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mikas
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Caoimhe
Sindri
RandomBlank
SilentCarto
RoboRed
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
WavemasterRyx
44 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:38 am

SilentCarto wrote:But wait, Boo's never had a party! She'd probably try to eat the candles, then get the party hat stuck over her nose, and... oh, wow, I just made myself go HNNNNNNGH!
You have doomed us all. This is going to happen now.

RoboRed wrote:Ohdamnitmyheart*HNNGGGG*

And, yes. A party.
I think I've killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille...
*hugs RoboRed*

Quotidian wrote:So what has P-21 been doing all this time?

And now I have even more respect for Ryx and Mech and all you other doodly types. Art is hard.
Art can be pretty hard, heh. I think you did a wonderful job with it though Quotidian.

Kattlarv wrote:None of the regular NSWF, just some major
rambling/venting, don't mind if you don't wana go there, or read said
stuff.
I really wish I could hug you and tell you everything will be okay... It's okay to vent, Kim, and it's really important to do so... and it sounds like you needed to... It's also okay to cry.
I'm really sorry you've been having so much trouble, I do hope that you'll feel better soon. You just have to remember, it's okay to feel bad, that's not a crime. Especially with how supportive you usually are for everyone here. We're here for you, ma'am.

RoboRed wrote:*glee* [Blackjack, Fighting is Magic picture]
Ah if only FoE and PH characters could be in Fighting is Magic... Actually, I wish they could be in a fighting game more along the lines of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody... Just... the FiM game just doesn't impress me any more... I don't know why.

SilentCarto wrote:All I can hear is, "I'm trottin' on sunshine, wo-oah, and don't it feel good!"
Now that's all I can hear too... and I'm okay with that.

stringtheory wrote:I just found this on derpibooru.org:
Oh yay, my only picture they have posted there and it's an unsolicited modification.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 am

RoboRed wrote:No, Somber will just get all wound up that we're getting "upset" with each other about it and will come in and apologize. Spike

Well as we have established Somber saying sorry is actually him burning off excess "literary excellence", because it is impossible for a single human to maintain that much in their body at one time and be healthy. These "sorry" are actually oozing into the forum via Somber's keyboard which is transmitted digitally straight to our hard drives. Then a hidden algorithm within the computer we are using transmits this "literary excellence" to our keyboards which we absorb through our fingertips. Essentially its a virus. A virus that can effect the user and not just their hardware. However the effect is positive!

That or I really need to get some sleep because I am rambling incoherent nonsense that has absolutely no basis whatsoever. I am really rooting for the former though.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 am

Well, I've just gotten a bit of early work done on the new chapter. Somber's been claiming that it's full of horrible, but I've not seen any evidence yet to back that up.

Re the PHCC members having personal difficulties: I'm sorry that things haven't been going well for you. Offering more help than that is far outside my abilities, unfortunately, though I suppose that, if you like, I could get you in contact with a skilled amateur psychologist Bronode knows (no promises beyond contact; I'm not actually in a position to offer anything).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:48 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
I think I've killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille...
*hugs RoboRed*
*returns hugz*

Ah if only FoE and PH characters could be in Fighting is Magic... Actually, I wish they could be in a fighting game more along the lines of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody... Just... the FiM game just doesn't impress me any more... I don't know why.
I kinda feel sorta along the same lines about Fallout NV. I've barely broken into it, and there's just this little naggling feeling of disappointment I have...

...Because it's not FoE. Spike

Oh yay, my only picture they have posted there and it's an unsolicited modification.
Yeah...that was one of the first things I checked for and noticed after I clicked that link...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am

Caiomhe wrote:Anyone would end up paying that in therapy split 6 ways anyway!
Worth it! Applebloom

O. Hinds wrote:To me, this doesn't seem to indicate that Twilight couldn't hold that body because it wasn't based on her original; I read it as that body already having as much soul as it could carry. Twilight could almost certainly have booted the rest out and claimed the body for herself... but I don't see her doing that.
I see the phrase "souls of their own" as referring to "souls that belong to those bodies". If you somehow had a soulless vessel hooked up to the Unity, like say a Blank, perhaps that would be a viable home. But since every body that's attached to Unity already has its own soul, there's nowhere else to go.
*shrug*
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 am

O. Hinds wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:I was just using "he" as a generalized unisex term!
Okay... Don't do that. Please. I know that English has no really good gender-neutral pronouns, but, while I realize that there is some debate about this, I am in the camp that says that "he" is definitely not acceptable as one.

I'd say their mistake was picking the same name.
Personally, I had no trouble writing down tribal legends Aris was telling.
Damnit, I'm missing my head companions...

Last edited by RandomBlank on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 am

RandomBlank wrote:I'd say their mistake was picking the same name.
Personally, I had no trouble writing down tribal legends Aris was telling.
Damnit, I'm missing my head companions...
...what?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 am

Somber the guy and Somber the mare.
This creates confusion.
I wrote down several stories - "Tribal legends" told by one of "creatures" that lived in my head just the same. But they had their names, I have mine.

RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:26 am

I wish the demon in my head that pressures me to open a tub of haagan das and put on my sad pants and reruns of Gossip Girl whenever I get ready to go out and play racquetball would abdicate from my headcouncil.

Also I'm going to refrain from posting long analysis until after the new chapter is released so I can go over it and post my thoughts like you all do for the first time. :) I must also say that Somber being disappointed at her/his own work is usually a good sign. I hate hate hate everything I write and it usually ends up great in the opinion of others!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:44 am

swicked wrote:
RandomBlank wrote:Somber the guy and Somber the mare.
This creates confusion.
I wrote down several stories - "Tribal legends" told by one of "creatures" that lived in my head just the same. But they had their names, I have mine.

Mine have their own stories, but I've never written them down.
Are yours part of your inner council? For discussions, decision-making, etc.?

Were. It's good ten years as my head is silent.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I wonder how common it is for people to perceive extra consciousness within them.

My 'head' never 'talks' to me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Caiomhe wrote:I wish the demon in my head that pressures me to open a tub of haagan das and put on my sad pants and reruns of Gossip Girl whenever I get ready to go out and play racquetball would abdicate from my headcouncil.
This lil guy just needs a proper partner. So long as someone tempers his political sway, you've got an opinionated brain devil that really knows how to suck the most out of everything.

ketchup504 wrote:I wonder how common it is for people to perceive extra consciousness within them.

As often as they perceive the differences in their own opinion? I don't quite fully understand it myself. But I do know that I'm a different man now than I was last night and will be this afternoon or would be if I got a kind word or a snarky insult. Closest I can get to understanding alternate selves.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
As often as they perceive the differences in their own opinion? I don't quite fully understand it myself. But I do know that I'm a different man now than I was last night and will be this afternoon or would be if I got a kind word or a snarky insult. Closest I can get to understanding alternate selves.
I think that the extra 'presence' in ones 'head' is probably the subconscious imagination reacting with the conscious imagination, the one you can actually 'use'. Of course, I have no evidence to back this up.

Depending on what mood I'm in, I can act radically different than what I consider normal, without really realizing it, but I don't think it's the same thing.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Is all that the "tupla" stuff I came across in my research? That seemed to come up a lot.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Caiomhe wrote:Is all that the "tupla" stuff I came across in my research? That seemed to come up a lot.

Here, let me show you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I wonder how common it is for people to perceive extra consciousness within them.

From my experience with other people's "personal lives", not all that common (of course the sample size is like one person so the data is completely irrelevant). From looking at the PHCC it seems to be a pretty nice percentage (they should lay off the Stealth Boys).

Personally, I wish I could identify different thoughts of mine as something else. Whenever I start hearing voices in my head it's usually me consciously talking to my self (so I'm playing all sides of the conversation and thus know what each is going to say) or
Read if you want:

I wish that I could attribute certain thoughts of mine to some other mental construct but I can only blame/credit myself for them.

Blegh. Wish I could contribute something with these posts. Back to playing New Vegas I suppose.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm

swicked wrote:You end up with a devil’s advocate that questions almost everything you do. You get an ID that always tries to push you toward what you desire most at any given moment, to give in to temptation and live in the now. You create an Ego to combat it, having a longer view and trying to argue what you feel you SHOULD do, given various influences. ID might split into a darker urges side and a lighter urges side. One that wants to take at the expense of others and another that wants to give of yourself until there is nothing left. Ego might become a more pragmatic entity, trying to keep you grounded and big picture-y, and a Superego, trying to push your ambitions as far as possible and strive for perfection.
After reading that, I realize I end up with the Ego and Superego fighting each other somewhat often, and almost always when it involves expectations. Results are mixed.
ID overpowers Ego in plenty of cases, but never enough to make me lose control of myself to any significant degree. Mostly, sleeping in.

I've read about Ego and Superego before, but never have I understood it. Thanks.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Kippershy wrote:Here, let me show you.
Well we know how this ends.

"I am Twilight's inflamed sense of rejection."

swicked wrote:I always imagined it more common than not. Plenty of people I’ve met have admitted to it.
I've always had a sort of internal narrative with different "perspectives". It's a useful way for me to step back and look at something from multiple angles instead of just jumping on the first conclusion that comes to mind. But I've never experienced it as anything other than my own thoughts running along separate channels.

I would be interested to see if there's any actual research into the matter. An IRL Gang of Four would be pretty cool.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I refer to somber as somber and david as david
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:36 pm

To me, it's just Somber. All Somber all the time, ladies.
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:55 pm

swicked wrote:I always imagined it more common than not. Plenty of people I’ve met have admitted to it.

It starts out simply enough... you feel conflicted about something. You might start flipping through viewpoints or taking note of pros and cons but, often enough, each side of the argument steadily starts taking a different voice, debating the other’s points.

All it takes at that point is to make the voices consistent.

You end up with a devil’s advocate that questions almost everything you do. You get an ID that always tries to push you toward what you desire most at any given moment, to give in to temptation and live in the now. You create an Ego to combat it, having a longer view and trying to argue what you feel you SHOULD do, given various influences. ID might split into a darker urges side and a lighter urges side. One that wants to take at the expense of others and another that wants to give of yourself until there is nothing left. Ego might become a more pragmatic entity, trying to keep you grounded and big picture-y, and a Superego, trying to push your ambitions as far as possible and strive for perfection.

And through all this arguing you might even end up with much more blatant concepts for voices, like a strictly conservative voice, doing nothing but trying to keep you consistent and direct you towards paths you have taken before, then another voice that does nothing but try and convince you to try something new for its own sake.

Heck, you might even try and create voices that do nothing but provide an alternate viewpoint without ever directly serving your interests, or one that does little but spout random things, ideas, observations and concepts like an endless, directionless brainstorm.

...at that point you'd probably have so many voices you might be inclined to create ones that are just ENTIRELY random, no longer existing for any reason but to make this inner group even more interesting and complicated, like having ones that aren't even human.

At which point, if I had to guess, the whole experience is likely to collapse in upon itself because the process of just trying to function day-to-day has, at this point, become one big endless internal argument.

...and, by the way, none of this particularly describes me. In fact, looking at it now, I might be letting my own interests in the different aspects of a person's psyche overcomplicate the issue... so it's probably safe to assume most people would never go that far with it.

In any case, all it takes is to grasp the different aspects of your own psyche and get them to talk to each other, which can be a useful thought exercise if you don't let it get away from you.

When you put it that way I'm likely halfway there (of course my ID is a little out of control, my Ego has become far too cynical and snarky given how little I listen to its advice, and my Superego is hovering somewhere between damaging my life and brutally murdered).

+1 for informative post!
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm sitting at home in mah bow tie...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I'm sitting at home in mah bow tie...

Because Bow Ties are cool?
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

And damn hard to effing tie
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
I think that the extra 'presence' in ones 'head' is probably the subconscious imagination reacting with the conscious imagination, the one you can actually 'use'. Of course, I have no evidence to back this up.

Well, in my case it was half-conscious imagination. I mean, I was using conscious imagination to "summon them", but then this flowed too smoothly... no conscious effort to have them talk, take initiative, get sometimes quite brilliant ideas. Aris would be telling a story and I would listen, fascinated.

In my case this started with pretty high fever. I got a serious flu, with high fever and used it to travel dream-like world, half-lucid, very vivid dream induced by the fever. I could think, I could make my own decisions, I was only half-aware this was sickness speaking and not a real alternate reality, and I was pretty much unable to shape the world consciously, only travel what my brain created.
And as I travelled, I encountered a being from a very disturbing dream I had some months earlier. We had a very serious talk. And when the fever ended, she was still with me...
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Sorry everyone, but we're having to modify a bit in 47 to bring it in line with a better thing in 48. I'll post the new section here when we finish it so that you don't have to hunt it down.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

You all should read Heart of Darkness if you haven't FYI.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Sorry everyone, but we're having to modify a bit in 47 to bring it in line with a better thing in 48. I'll post the new section here when we finish it so that you don't have to hunt it down.

Changed Bit in 47:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 pm

So it was misplaced instead of lost. Oooh.

So are we to take for the time being that it wasn't used in a zebra?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:26 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Sorry everyone, but we're having to modify a bit in 47 to bring it in line with a better thing in 48. I'll post the new section here when we finish it so that you don't have to hunt it down.

Changed Bit in 47:

I'm afraid that a few more minor edits have been made to make things smoother, but you ought to not need to look at them unless you're going over the wording with a fine comb.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next