Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

+6
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Ametros
Kippershy
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 2 Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by Aonee Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:35 am

I might be able to convince my friend to let us take over his server, he has a dedicated machine to run it on but I'm not entirly sure if he'll run it 24/7. It's probably worth a shot, though.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 2 Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:51 am

When you do find out if we can use the server, could you find out the specifications for his dedicated? Laggy servers are never any fun.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:57 am

Oh don't worry, we've already been using the server a lot, both for mine craft and otherwise, and it hasn't produced much lag. After all, this guy builds computers for others, he knows what he's doing.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Good. My father did that for a while, and every desktop for gaming in the house is custom built. My brother can run two minecraft clients and a server without lag, as long as people don't overload the mob traps.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Yup. I'll have to ask him later today, when he wakes up.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:35 am

I would be very much keen on this if it were to become a thing. Rainbow
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 am

Same here, I'd LOVE to join.
I always have enjoyed playing minecraft with other people - but alone it gets kind've boring.

If this goes up, I'd happily join. Perhaps even make a recreation of Four Ridges down in the far south-east-ish of the map. (ha!)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 am

Kipper, the maps are unlimited on the computer version, you can go as far as you want. Unless you were referring to the paper map you can make in-game.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 am

I just meant a fair enough distance not to ruin anyone's attempt at making a recreation of the hoof.
If that's what anyone would plan to do.

There's also the matter that Four Ridges, if 1:1, would take quite some amount of room.
Though chances are it'd be closer to 5:1 or something.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 am

Both would be massive undertakings. We don't have a detailed map to go off of for the Hoof, other than Hinds', which is 2d. Four Ridges would be totally in your mind. But Minecraft makes it possible to put your ideas into 3d facsimiles.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am

I'd just want to build stuff with people - preferably in survival mode (creative is just no fun for me).
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:22 am

Agreed. Survival is where it's at.
Creative provides no challenge and makes building anything way too easy.

I would offer my computer as a server, but I doubt it'd be good enough and besides that, it'd be somewhat likely to crash and lose all the hard work, knowing my luck with my graphics card.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 am

ketchup504 wrote:Both would be massive undertakings. We don't have a detailed map to go off of for the Hoof, other than Hinds', which is 2d. Four Ridges would be totally in your mind. But Minecraft makes it possible to put your ideas into 3d facsimiles.

Four Ridges is actually quite simple, to be honest with you.
I know I've never given a truly detailed layout of it, nor drawn it (since I'm crap at drawing) but I could easily do so to show you just why it'd be quite easy, if not a little time consuming gathering the dirt (mostly)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

Depends mostly on how big each section is, and what scale to use for the Stable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 am

Sorry I forgot to post, but my friend did agree to let us on his server. IP inbound in a few.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Just did a mock up, you'll have to right click & view image to see it properly. it's not too large.

If we made Gummy have say.. three or four houses, Opal three with 2 small 'shops' and one warehouse, Tank six with one firing range and one armory and Angel five (rest is farmland for Angel), it wouldn't be too bad.

The Stable itself? Size doesn't matter, seeing as we could make it an ongoing project that goes as deep as anyone who joins in wants to go - or as shallow, with like three corridors and then the Over-office.
The only exposed part of that would be the door, anyway.
Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 2 Fourri10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am

Okay guys, IP is imdabes.dyndns.org:25565
Don't ask about the name, and have at it.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 am

Aonee wrote:Okay guys, IP is imdabes.dyndns.org:25565
Don't ask about the name, and have at it.

what version we using? vanilla or techkit?

edit: trying to get on, no avail. you sure on the IP?

Last edited by Kippershy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am

Vanilla. Should I ask him to install tekkit? I know they used it before, but they aren't running it right now.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 am

Vanilla is fine, just wanted to check.
Also; like mentioned in edited post above, don't seem to be able to find the host?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

I just checked it, it's up and running. Did you type the port part in correctly?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

Aonee wrote:I just checked it, it's up and running. Did you type the port part in correctly?

nevermind, missed out the I on the beginning by accident.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am

Well then, good luck and have fun, I won't be on till later today.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 am

I've got quite a high ping on it (517ms) but even still, doesn't seem to be laggy - so I'd definitely recommend other people give it a try too.

Straight away I found a nice coal deposit in a pond which turned into a small cavern, but right now it's night, my character is hungry, I have no shelter, no weapon, and mobs are about - so I'm DC'd.

I'll reconnect in a minute, but yeah, definitely encourage others to play.
As long as we can keep it nice and not grief each-other, this should be amazing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:33 am

Works for me, will play later. Thanks to your friend and you, Aonee.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 am

Just want to apologise for my constant leaving. My graphics card keeps overheating and crashing my computer entirely, despite being cleaned today. (By god, the amount of dust I got out of the system o___o)

Anyway, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and that's fixed it for now, looks like I'll need a new graphics card sooner or later though, as this is getting more frequent.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Maybe I'll join in if I'm allowed to. Minecraft multiplayer is always fun, especially if it's Fallout related.
name= roflkadoffl

Kippershy wrote:
Anyway, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and that's fixed it for now
Rather unconventional method for cooling a graphics card but if it works, why not. Won't try that with mine though, never really had heat problems while gaming and my card is a little too expensive for such things.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 pm

You're allowed to join, but we're not really Fallout related yet. We haven't started building at least.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't play Minecraft on the PC for several months and jump into a server without updating your texture pack.
dafuq is this i dont even:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks!
I don't really have much building experience but I do try. Are there any plans for Fallout related stuff yet?
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next