Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

+6
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Ametros
Kippershy
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft Empty Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Greetings. I have recently been trying, without success, to purchase Minecraft. Moneybookers refused to accept my debit card, so I proceeded to get a PayPal account. Upon trying to buy the game again, however, I received the message "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)." I've not linked a bank account or deposited any money in my PayPal account, but my debit card-PayPal link is, as far as I can tell, entirely valid while the checking account that feeds the debit card has enough money in it to purchase the game at least three times over. I have looked around the internet and found many other people with this problem, but actual good solutions seem quite elusive. (Also... good grief there is some terrible spelling and grammar out there...) I thought that I might as well try asking for advice here; is this simply a temporary glitch on Mojang's part, unsolvable except through patient waiting, or is there some further action that I can or need to take?

Last edited by O. Hinds on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Okay, I've been told by a friend that PayPal account activation requires manual action on the part of someone at the company despite no statement of my account not being fully active being present; apparently it is meant to simply be assumed that this is the state of affairs. Is this correct?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:02 am

Someone on another forum where I posted the same question has said that, despite my debit card being valid, the fact that I've not directly connected a bank account with my PayPal account may be the problem; they suggest as a solution that I add money to my PayPal account and use that to purchase the game instead of trying to pay with my debit card. I shall not be able to try this until tomorrow, however, due to certain resources not being at present available to me, so in the meantime I wouldn't mind hearing other solution ideas.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 am

You could always get a prepaid card if it's a paypal problem, but it might just be something that'll get solved soon.

Or you could not feed your time to the Minecraft monster and hold tightly to the precious hours you have left in this world.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 am

How would I go about doing that?

Eh... That's what I've been doing for ages now, but I keep getting ideas for things that I could build...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:33 am

They're usually available at grocery stores or some convenience stores. Pay up, go to the site on the card to validate it for internet purchases, and presto. Sometimes there is a waiting period, and it doesn't work for everything, but that's how I got minecraft.

Seriously though, you might want to consider something less time consuming. Like building a pyramid in real life. Alone.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 am

Meleagridis wrote:They're usually available at grocery stores or some convenience stores. Pay up, go to the site on the card to validate it for internet purchases, and presto. Sometimes there is a waiting period, and it doesn't work for everything, but that's how I got minecraft.

Seriously though, you might want to consider something less time consuming. Like building a pyramid in real life. Alone.
Oh, I see. I'll keep that in mind, but I'll try the stuff that I can do online first.

But the designs are dancing in my head and refusing to be quiet! I've tried working them out in Classic, but it just isn't enough!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 am

just inboxed you.

screw that. I was going to buy you a gift code -- but the system wont actually allow me to pay, as there's no "payment option" listed when you go to buy one. -.-
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Kippershy wrote:just inboxed you.

screw that. I was going to buy you a gift code -- but the system wont actually allow me to pay, as there's no "payment option" listed when you go to buy one. -.-

Oh! Well, thank you very much for the thought! ...There's no payment option at all, though? What? Why on Earth is Mojang making it so difficult for us to give them money?! And for a digital good! They can make as many copies as they want whenever they want with just a few mouse clicks!

Also, do you know what the "merci" button does? It's appeared on your post but doesn't seem to be on any others.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 am

O. Hinds wrote:

Oh! Well, thank you very much for the thought! ...There's no payment option at all, though? What? Why on Earth is Mojang making it so difficult for us to give them money?! And for a digital good! They can make as many copies as they want whenever they want with just a few mouse clicks!

Also, do you know what the "merci" button does? It's appeared on your post but doesn't seem to be on any others.

There's a way to "thank" people, but I never figured out how to do it. I reckon that's it.
That's my best guess what with merci being thanks and all that.

Also - yeah, I log in to buy a gift code and it lets me onto the page, you choose which payment option you have of many and you then get redirected to a screen where you have to fill in details. One of the details is what payment option your using (LOL) and that is just blank... no options come up no matter what.... and it's a required field.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 am

Well, I've linked my bank account, verifying my PayPal account, but the payment still won't go through. It looks like I've have to go ahead and transfer money from my bank account to my PayPal account... which will apparently take 3-5 business days. At this point I'm inclined to just ask someone else to buy a gift code for me, but a: I don't know if I'd be able get money through to them either, and b: given that Kippershy couldn't even see any payment options, I'm not sure that they'd even be able to.

Mojang, might I ask why you appear to be trying to drive to piracy a would-be customer who'd be perfectly happy to pay for your game if you'd let him?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 am

Kippershy wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

There's a way to "thank" people, but I never figured out how to do it. I reckon that's it.
That's my best guess what with merci being thanks and all that.

Also - yeah, I log in to buy a gift code and it lets me onto the page, you choose which payment option you have of many and you then get redirected to a screen where you have to fill in details. One of the details is what payment option your using (LOL) and that is just blank... no options come up no matter what.... and it's a required field.
Oh, well merci vous (?), then!

Which of the payment options on the first menu are you trying to use?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:57 am

Hah! My latest attempt at paying actually worked!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:38 am

And the game runs splendidly! Not that I've done much yet, just tested it to be sure that it worked and tried out a simple vertical hidden piston door I'd designed; tomorrow I shall see about getting snapshots and a mod I've had my eye on, and then I shall start building!

Or possible more experimenting first; I already discovered that another one of my designs will require alteration: apparently sticky pistons don't pull rails as they retract, so I'll need to add an opposed piston... No! Think about this tomorrow!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 am

I recommend you try out the Tekkit mod pack - it has a lot of nifty machinery and potential in it.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:I recommend you try out the Tekkit mod pack - it has a lot of nifty machinery and potential in it.
Oh, thanks; I've made a note to look that up.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow. There's a lot in there. I think that I'll try getting some experience with the base game first, though. I'd really like to build a nuclear reactor, but since the most advanced item I've built so far is a crafting table... Yeah, I suspect that that wouldn't end well. Thank you very, very much for telling me about the mod, though; I shall remember it for later.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Wow. There's a lot in there. I think that I'll try getting some experience with the base game first, though. I'd really like to build a nuclear reactor, but since the most advanced item I've built so far is a crafting table... Yeah, I suspect that that wouldn't end well. Thank you very, very much for telling me about the mod, though; I shall remember it for later.

I don't know if it's the same thing or what, but industrialcraft mod looks amazing, if not a little complex (to say the least).
I would play it myself if it weren't for the fact I'd get too sucked in and not write my fic -.-
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Kippershy wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Wow. There's a lot in there. I think that I'll try getting some experience with the base game first, though. I'd really like to build a nuclear reactor, but since the most advanced item I've built so far is a crafting table... Yeah, I suspect that that wouldn't end well. Thank you very, very much for telling me about the mod, though; I shall remember it for later.

I don't know if it's the same thing or what, but industrialcraft mod looks amazing, if not a little complex (to say the least).
I would play it myself if it weren't for the fact I'd get too sucked in and not write my fic -.-
Industrialcraft is apparently part of Tekkit.
Also... I'm wavering on not installing the mod as soon as possible. The more I think about it, the more cool it sounds.
Of course, I've yet to successfully install any mods (the closest I've gotten is one time when I was able to choose whether I wanted a "Done Loading" error or a black screen error), so it looks like I might be waiting after all...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Tekkit is part of the "TechnicPack", which is an auto-installer thingy => http://www.technicpack.net/ (link to installer for Windows => http://mirror.technicpack.net/files/TechnicLauncher.exe )

You just have to install the launcher and it will do all its business automatically without you having to do much. It's the perfect thing for lazy people like me who don't want to catch a case of teh crazy while trying to install -literally- more than 40 different mods.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Plus, the TechnicPack install all its things in a separate \.techniclauncher folder.

It doesn't touch your original \.minecraft folder
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Okay, I've just tried the launcher, as it sounded quite nice, but it either freezes on the banner (which is placed in front of everything else on the screen) or doesn't even reach that point, remaining just a spinning gear in the menu bar.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 pm

I've managed to get Risugami's ModLoader working, I think. I've also made some progress with Forge, but it sets all audio volumes to zero and crashes the game if I click on them to try and change them. I may have installed it incorrectly, but the one time I tried the command line method it didn't work (Oh... sorry, I though that I'd mentioned this, but it appears that I was mistaken: I'm running OS 10.6.8).

The mods I'm currently hoping to get installed are the Ships and Boats mod (which, since it has to be installed directly to minecraft.jar, ought to be even more fun), IndustrialCraft2, and Computercraft. I'd also be interested in finding a way to switch mods in and out, as I'm also interested in Mystcraft, which is apparently incompatible with Ships and Boats.

Oh, and while I'm here, a question: does one have to have a given client mod installed to play on a server with that mod installed?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 pm

...Hm. It seems that code doesn't work in topic titles.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Oh, and while I'm here, a question: does one have to have a given client mod installed to play on a server with that mod installed?
Yes.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 am

RoboRed wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Yes.
Thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 pm

The Techniclauncher started working!
I would have told you (a few hours) earlier, but, well, I had to test it to be sure that it was working, and I got a bit carried away...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm

I just realized this. We all need to install both Technilauncher and the pony raft mod, and make a PH server. It shall be glourious.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:10 am

We'd drop so many boats on so many people... then blow them up.

My brother has a server 24/7, but since we live in a stronghold 1k meters from spawn, and I don't think my friend would appreciate any of your company, you guys can't play there. A shame, really.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah, I was invited to a 24/7 server almost two years ago but it's not my place to invite others.

The area around the spawn is full though. Two guys claimed a village and expanded it like crazy, including town walls. A friend and myself claimed one of the jungles. As in the whole jungle, we're still in the process of spreading out tree top home to all the trees.

Sorry, tangent. But my point is if we're going to try a server for all of us we need out own rather then joining somebody elses. Only exception is somebody knows a good friend with a server that isn't already full of others for us to build in.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next