Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 am

No one asks a lot of things.
swicked wrote:And my brother is an extrovert. He loves talking to people everywhere. He's gotten his degree in international business so that he can talk to more people in more everywhere. He might feel scared or embarrassed at times but it's what he enjoys so it's more than worth it. It is not what I enjoy, even if I pretend to, so I take that as one of many signs I'm an introvert.

Nothing wrong with that. Just know that many of these smiling people are thinking the same thing.

Of course, nothing you've said implies that you didn't already know this. But even so it is worth repeating.

Cheesy cheesy corn corn you are never alone. Bleh. You do the right things, swicked, and a good many can yet learn from you.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 am

I admire how close all of you are, good to see that a story has brought so many different people together.

Not sure why I said that, but I did, so deal with it Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:How does this keep getting better?
Spoiler:
I can't stop the "squeeing" noise from coming out of my mouth. I seriously can't...

Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:I need to stop opening Kipper and Kim's spoilers, they make me laugh too much
Neither of us can help it, it's the way we are.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 64684025
Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD

Will do!

KIM! YOU'RE NEEDED!
I suddenly have an image in my mind of Kim being summoned a la Bat Symbol.

swicked wrote:

Loving the Rarity keychain, BTW. Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 am

Would there happen to be any Mac users here who've gotten Fo3 working? I decided to finally give it a shot, but I am encountering some difficulty; it crashes every time I try to start a new game.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 am

Quotidian wrote:Aww, thank you. Every once and a while I write something worthwhile. -_-

I just hope Somber read it (and didn't think it was dumb) before you nutcases posted two dozen times and knocked it back a few pages.

Oh, you hush your face. There's a reason I mentioned you by name in my little word avalanche back there. I'm sure you've got your flaws. We all do. Maybe they're really super huge and somehow manage to eclipse all the good things about you.
But I doubt it.
Everything you draw is adorable. Or hilarious. Or heartbreaking. Or adorahilarioubreaking. And every single time you post a new drawing, it's obvious your artistic skill is improving.

(Also, I can't see your username without thinking: "Oh god. The punch. It tastes like mare.")
- I think you write worthwhile things far more often than that. *hugs*
And you're probably right to worry, I hope Somber saw it too before it was swamped by all these ponies full of words.
- Well I don't know, they're some pretty flawful flaws. Actually my biggest "flaw" is something I don't consider a flaw at all, but a lot of people would, and it probably would eclipse all of my (not that I'm admitting to any) good qualities.
- Thank you for such kind words about my drawings sir, I keep trying my best, and I like adorahilarioubreaking, it is a good word.
- Heh, I still love how that picture of P-21 turned out. If I weren't still using Silver Spoon, I probably would have made it my avatar for here (using it as my Steam avatar right now).

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Ray Bradbury has died. :( He was a
brilliant author... I'm going to go re-read my favorite stories from The October Country and hope for nightmares.

@Ryx
You're
a good person, Ryx, and I admire the hell out of you. Of your work,
sure, but also of you, the person I've met here. You're supportive and
passionate, and you bring joy. Nobody's perfect, I suppose - we've all
got weaknesses and fears - but I know I'm damn glad to know you.
*hugs?*
It's always sad to lose someone like him... I really need to drop by a library... I'm certain I've read his works before but I can't remember them...

- Well I really try my best to be good, sir. I'm incredibly fortunate to have met you and all the other wonderful people here who make me want to keep trying my best. Thank you for such kind words, OAC, I truly appreciate your support. Everyone's support. *definitely hugs*

O. Hinds wrote:Would there happen to be any Mac users here who've
gotten Fo3 working? I decided to finally give it a shot, but I am
encountering some difficulty; it crashes every time I try to start a new
game.
Well I don't use a Mac, but there's a chance the same fix might work... You can try putting this dll file into the game directory and see if it still helps. If it doesn't work, I hope someone else can help you figure it out, sir. Good luck.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 am

Ice Crystal wrote:I admire how close all of you are, good to see that a story has brought so many different people together.

Not sure why I said that, but I did, so deal with it Spike

Now that you mention this, I've just realised I'm closer to most people here than I am my 'friends' and even my family IRL. I trust people who I don't know too well more than the people I'm closest to. My mind makes no sense to me. Maybe it's because I have no reasons to distrust you all. I must dig deeper.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well I don't use a Mac, but there's a chance the same fix might work... You can try putting this dll file into the game directory and see if it still helps. If it doesn't work, I hope someone else can help you figure it out, sir. Good luck.
No change. Thank you for the suggestion, though, and the good wishes. I have asked in the wrapper's comments, but most of the requests for help there appear to go unanswered.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 am

...by the way, the PH title picture needs Psychoshy and Stygius!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 am

RandomBlank wrote:...by the way, the PH title picture needs Psychoshy and Stygius!

I believe you forgot Boo. HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 am

me bad. *hides in shame*
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 am

ZOMG that second song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5HqNEfaUA

...what a blast to the past.
I couldn't find the vocal remake, just its lyrics from the old, old times...
http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/eq/files/Wheres_my_bucket.txt
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

Even just lurking here I can feel the love of this community. It's great. Also I think I might be the only Internet Introvert IRL Extrovert.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Even just lurking here I can feel the love of this community. It's great. Also I think I might be the only Internet Introvert IRL Extrovert.
Our community is very loving and kind to others no matter what, im happy ya enjoying ya stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am

@Silent: (Mr Shears) Welp, I think I missed that xP

@Swicked: (Magic) I guess that makes sense a bit... still, while I can admit I'm quite similar to Kipper in quite a few things, I will say that sharing one type of colour seems like enough, since we have quite vast differences in the things outside those that matches ;P

@Kipper:
Spoiler:

As for the video, it was just some silly nonsense anyhow, but that sounds rather good if it gets fixed.

And I can say I'm mostly a dominant switch, being on top, then on top while on the bottom xD (and occasional sub cravings every now and then)

@OAC: Yes, yes! This pleases [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 524433800

@Ice: I put mine in spoiler for a reason ;P Even though I'm proud of my (slight repeated tmi)
Spoiler:

@O.Hinds: (Styg) That is only something... what's it's called relative? Kinda simple example: take super skinny bimbos with large breasts, several people fawn over them as being "really hot". I personally am just disgusted and put of by them. What BJ seems as "sexy" might be "gross" for P-21. Just saying, can't pull everyone over with the same comb.

(Pinkie) It still doesn't make much sense at all though, going with how Pinkie's skeleton now indeed was confirmed to be burnt AND in a CORNER. In PH, she's sitting in her chair when she gets shot as far as I recall. Plus, how did Psalm make it out from a balefire explosion? She'd basically have to run several kilometres within a minute or so.

@Silent: (Assassinate) From what I understood, Psalm thought if she killed all the ministry mares, the war would just be stopped and over or something, she had no idea she was "too late"... somehow it feels like she was brainwashed by Golden to do it. Since she is really acting like she barely can think for herself.

@Sindri: (Pinkie) Yeah, as said, she COULD have burnt, all we know is that she was huddled up in a corner, hugging Twilight's statuette. Not dying in her chair like here. And as said, she could have been killed by the shock wave, debris, heat, radiation or suicide.

Re: BM's death. I have to say that in here, it doesn't seem like BM did anything at all but be shot, but I can say I could see it as they making it a media thing of it. Even if it removes all of his heroic sacrifice in that matter.

Re: Depressions: I deal with mine by talking about sex, random stuff and pretending to be happy and make jokes. And as said, do know I offer condolences(?) to people, I'm just to un-empathic to be able to comment on the matter properly. Oh, and I like to answer questions about pretty much anything, since I like to help people with stuff they wonder about, and it takes my mind off other things. Like, really, I love helping with "the more you know" stuff, and thanks to lack of a "to personal" barrier, I've noticed I've been able to answer quite the variety of questions ^^

@Robo: (Bat symbol) ... now I pictured pretty much that, but a vulva symbol instead xD

@Swicked: (bat symbol) Seems like you beat me to... me xD But keep in mind only labia would leave out quite a few things ;P
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 am

I don't know if you guys know about this, but now there's an FoE podcast now.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 am

Aonee wrote:I don't know if you guys know about this, but now there's an FoE podcast now.

There goes another portion of my life, once again hijacked by ponies.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 am

@Magma
And jacky gave me link to tvtropes... my life is ruined!

Unrelated stuff:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

RandomBlank wrote:...by the way, the PH title picture needs Psychoshy and Stygius!
I don't think the title picture should be updated with those characters any more for the same reason that the post on EQD hasn't had any more fanart since BJ got cyberlegs: They would be absolutely huge spoilers for those who haven't read the story before or aren't up to date on the latest chapters.
Ice Crystal wrote:I admire how close all of you are, good to see that
a story has brought so many different people together.
And then they F-

fiercely debated stuff. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2937254162

But really, it's great that so many of you guys here can talk about so much stuff. Sometimes I feel a little bad that I don't have much to contribute, or that I'm not very good at saying stuff to help people, but you're all so good at saying really nice stuff and really weird stuff that it's cool just to lurk a bit and watch everyone being supportive and freaky. So, uh... crap. I don't know what the heck I do here. Snark? *Is listening to Blood Sugar, posts without thinking*
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 am

Eh, don't feel too bad Derpmind, at least you contribute here. I only show up here every now and then, the PH RP takes up most of my time when I'm on this site.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 am

So I was just thinking about where the Remnant came from...

BATTLESHIP PURIFICATION -- PATROL ORDERS -- OPEN AT SEA:

BATTLESHIP PURIFICATION -- SEALED ORDERS -- OPEN ONLY WHEN ORDERED:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 am

swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
I suddenly have an image in my mind of Kim being summoned a la Labia Symbol.
Fix'd
Probably one of the most hilarious things you could see panning across the sky :P

Look up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane,it's a...
Stop looking up in the sky, children!
Kattlarv wrote:

@Robo: (Bat symbol) ... now I pictured pretty much that, but a vulva symbol instead xD

@Swicked: (bat symbol) Seems like you beat me to... me xD But keep in mind only labia would leave out quite a few things ;P

Semantics: I did say "a la", meaning something like the bat symbol, or in a similar vein. Not the bat symbol it self. My tired mind couldn't really think of anything specific at the time. Applebloom

Also, I lol'd.

Derpmind wrote:But really, it's great that so many of you guys here can talk about so much stuff. Sometimes I feel a little bad that I don't have much to contribute, or that I'm not very good at saying stuff to help people, but you're all so good at saying really nice stuff and really weird stuff that it's cool just to lurk a bit and watch everyone being supportive and freaky. So, uh... crap. I don't know what the heck I do here. Snark? *Is listening to Blood Sugar, posts without thinking*
Don't worry, bud. You're not the only one. For 90% of the conversations here I have nothing important to add.

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: (Assassinate) From what I understood, Psalm thought if she killed all the ministry mares, the war would just be stopped and over or something, she had no idea she was "too late"... somehow it feels like she was brainwashed by Golden to do it. Since she is really acting like she barely can think for herself.
She clearly knew the strike was coming -- she tried to warn the Cake kids, Pokey, and Evergreen. I don't think her behavior is so much brainwashed as giving up. She'll do what anyone says as long as they promise her absolution.

Kattlarv wrote:@Sindri: (Pinkie) Yeah, as said, she COULD have burnt, all we know is that she was huddled up in a corner, hugging Twilight's statuette. Not dying in her chair like here. And as said, she could have been killed by the shock wave, debris, heat, radiation or suicide.
She... didn't die in a chair in PH.
Chapter 45:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 pm

[quote="SilentCarto"]
Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: (Assassinate) From what I understood, Psalm thought if she killed all the ministry mares, the war would just be stopped and over or something.

She thought she would be forgiven for her sins and not burn for eternity.

She was picked up like Jetstream. A hypercompetent mare with a serious emotional weakness.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Aonee wrote:I don't know if you guys know about this, but now there's an FoE podcast now.

Sigh... yeah. The problem with the podcast was 'Great story, great characters, loved reading it... but I quit.' Not like 'I hope to one day finish it off' or 'I really need to tackle it again' but 'TL:DR... but I liked it!'

Sigh... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 702243357
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm

@Robo: (bat symbol) Well, it's not for nothing they call me "the muff mistress" xD

@Silent: To me, that is kind of brainwashing, the whole "just do as I say, and you'll be rewarded greatly in death!"

And ah, as said, I got a worthless memory, I just recall a chair being mentioned xP And as said, I still don't get how Psalm would have made it out from there in time, unless there was around an hour before the next bomb... or how many miles can she see and shoot with that thing? Seeing how she seemed to see perfectly fine several kilometres into the next town, or wherever she now was looking. I prolly remember it wrong but, whatever. I found that whole segment kinda odd.

@Mele: Well, sort of close enough, I recall some mention of the war and stuff at least xP
Have to say I don't really get where the whole semi-religious thing fits in though.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Somber wrote:

Sigh... yeah. The problem with the podcast was 'Great story, great characters, loved reading it... but I quit.' Not like 'I hope to one day finish it off' or 'I really need to tackle it again' but 'TL:DR... but I liked it!'

Sigh... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 702243357
Well then, looks like I should see if they're taking sign-ups. Sad thing about podcasts, no one who's on ever seems to read fanfics. But then again, the only pony podcast I really listen to is the one I help host.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD
And that's why we love Kim and Kipper. Also *hugs again*

Didn't see this before.
Just want you to know; wub <3 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 1639762117

Kattlarv wrote:

@Kipper:
Spoiler:

As for the video, it was just some silly nonsense anyhow, but that sounds rather good if it gets fixed.

And
I can say I'm mostly a dominant switch, being on top, then on top while
on the bottom xD (and occasional sub cravings every now and then)

Spoiler:

>.> when is the next P.H meetup, this only sounds all too fun xD
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Kattlarv wrote:And ah, as said, I got a worthless memory, I just recall a chair being mentioned xP And as said, I still don't get how Psalm would have made it out from there in time, unless there was around an hour before the next bomb... or how many miles can she see and shoot with that thing? Seeing how she seemed to see perfectly fine several kilometres into the next town, or wherever she now was looking. I prolly remember it wrong but, whatever. I found that whole segment kinda odd.

Well, real-world snipers have confirmed kills up to 2.5km, but the record is closer to 2.3km near sea level. I would imagine they can see farther than that. Throw in magical enhancements and the range should be further improved. As for her escape, I imagine that the balefire bombs would be in the low kiloton range, and so have kill radii of around a couple of kilometers, assuming power drop off comparable to nukes.

Of course, I'm not sure my memory is much better than yours, so if anyone has a more accurate description of balefire bombs' characteristics, I would not say no to a refresher course.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:And ah, as said, I got a worthless memory, I just recall a chair being mentioned xP And as said, I still don't get how Psalm would have made it out from there in time, unless there was around an hour before the next bomb... or how many miles can she see and shoot with that thing? Seeing how she seemed to see perfectly fine several kilometres into the next town, or wherever she now was looking. I prolly remember it wrong but, whatever. I found that whole segment kinda odd.

Well, real-world snipers have confirmed kills up to 2.5km, but the record is closer to 2.3km near sea level. I would imagine they can see farther than that. Throw in magical enhancements and the range should be further improved. As for her escape, I imagine that the balefire bombs would be in the low kiloton range, and so have kill radii of around a couple of kilometers, assuming power drop off comparable to nukes.

Of course, I'm not sure my memory is much better than yours, so if anyone has a more accurate description of balefire bombs' characteristics, I would not say no to a refresher course.

There was one balefire bomb went off directly -outside- Manehattan but I don't think any went off inside. As for their characteristics, I think it was a small-ish radius of immediate effect but a larger radius of magical radiation.
Though I could be absolutely wrong.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Anyone else feel the need to close that video before they ground their teeth to stumps? Anyone?

If you're going to have a section dedicated to review, you think you might want to take the time to... you know... read what you're reviewing? It seems like a bit of a common courtesy. You didn't know anyone who had read up to the latest chapter? Instead we have this? Length is truly in the eye of the viewer, and I suddenly find this video dragging on considerably.

But, if I could put my oversensitivity aside... I wouldn't! I love this story and can't stand seeing it not receive due respect.
I can't believe it... I might have to... gack... say something.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next