Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

With me, all you need to do is be a little friendly and I'll welcome you in straight away.
I'm stupidly welcoming, part of my attachment issues (I get attached way too easily) and like to give everyone a chance.
I'm also somewhat forgiving, bar very few things. and I'm extremely hard to actually upset.

I really am Pinkie Pie in that sense.
I'm the opposite most of the time. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt and at least try to be friendly, but if someone takes advantage of that or is an ass, I shut them out.
I don't get really attached to anyone, since I have trust issues, and keep my distance until I become comfortable with someone or a group.

At very first around a new group I'm very shy, hell, even when I'm in my own element I watch them as I do my thing but don't make much direct contact.
I begin by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and if there's nothing I dislike within the first two or three series of contact I'll then be ultra welcoming and while I wouldn't trust them with everything and anything, I'll trust them not to be a jackass.

It depends on how they're being a jackass for me to be like; no, fuck you.
Hah, I do the opposite most of the time, now.
I used to try to act plain but friendly, but people would get a vibe off me, or just think I was boring, and I'd be left.
Now meet most everyone as being positive, energetic and joke-y (while doing my best not to particularly make fun of anyone) as that's often what comes most natural to me, not really concerning myself with who will like me or not. I still seem to piss off most people at first in real life (sometimes they even tell me) and have a trend of nearly being banned in every online community I join, despite the fact that I don't spam or make fun of anyone.
Ha.....

...I realize this is emo. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
Prepare for your ban Crazy

Spoiler:

Serious response:
When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me. Hence, I come off as being rather unfriendly and anti-social. But if someone is nice when I first meet them, I occasionally come out of that shell and might make a joke or two with them. All depends on the person.
Internet forums are generally the same, except I'm generally quiet when I first join, and I could be called a troll with my first couple posts until I get comfortable with the community.

And feel free to vent here, we all have times that we need to do that, and nobody here SHOULD make fun of you or attack you for it ('tis against the rules after all). After all, love and tolerance and all that Fluttershy

This post made sense right? I didn't drone on or sound stupid?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ametros Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me.

I have a strong tendency to do the very same. If I don't leave early, I just awkwardly hang around, doing nothing but listening, really.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Let me know if you'd like to hear my hypothesis/headcanon.
Sure!
Hypothesis/Headcanon:

SilentCarto wrote:By the way, I want to belatedly say I was wrong on the ballistic/cruise missile debate. I finally had it pointed out to me that Celestia said she flew 'between' the balefire missiles launched to obliterate Canterlot after the shield fell, so they must have been cruise missiles. End of debate.
Not quite, unfortunately. There are still the people who say that they used both. Still, welcome to the team!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Serious response:
When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me. Hence, I come off as being rather unfriendly and anti-social. But if someone is nice when I first meet them, I occasionally come out of that shell and might make a joke or two with them. All depends on the person.
Internet forums are generally the same, except I'm generally quiet when I first join, and I could be called a troll with my first couple posts until I get comfortable with the community.

And feel free to vent here, we all have times that we need to do that, and nobody here SHOULD make fun of you or attack you for it ('tis against the rules after all). After all, love and tolerance and all that Fluttershy

This post made sense right? I didn't drone on or sound stupid?

Eheheh... don't worry, my first day here, before I went offline, I tried that chat thing on the main page of the forum and someone told me straight out they didn't like me. I'm guessing it was all the philosophy I was talking about, but I'll never know, and it might have just been that one person, but I doubt it.
That's how it works; I feel as welcome here as anywhere.

Love and tolerance FTW!
It happens in every community, and I've been told that many times, maybe not here but I'm sure some people have to hate me. But I ignore them and focus on those who I consider friends.

I forgot where I was going with that whole thing...damnit, I'll post again if I remember XD
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

swicked wrote:
I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.
Not sure if trying to make pun, but I still giggled a little...

Anyways, yeah, I avoid those convos at all costs. Because either A) I'll turn into the most cynical, anti-relationship asshole you'll ever meet. Or B) I'll get depressed as I think about my past...or both XD

And on a happier note: I love that keychain (it is a keychain right?) in your avatar.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.
Not sure if trying to make pun, but I still giggled a little...

Anyways, yeah, I avoid those convos at all costs. Because either A) I'll turn into the most cynical, anti-relationship asshole you'll ever meet. Or B) I'll get depressed as I think about my past...or both XD

And on a happier note: I love that keychain (it is a keychain right?) in your avatar.
Yes, my spouse gave it to me <3
I do intentional and unintentional puns all the time. That was the later. It's the "ate at me a bit"/"ate at my bit" part, right? If not you'll have to point it out to me :P
And what convos? Togetherness ones? 'Cause yeah, I get all the more emo at that stuff and it's a hell of a struggle to try and suppress x_X
It was the "cut being emo" part I found slightly funny.
Yup, togetherness ones are never good if I'm around. I can read stories and write togetherness stuff, but if it's an actual conversation...it doesn't end well
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 pm

swicked wrote:
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm glad to hear that, I never really saw a point in it.

Yeah, that was me too, especially through school. Never really went to group functions, and if I did I was always in a corner or trying to sneak out as others asked why I was such a buzzkill or something like that. But, I've been done with that stuff for a while so now it is much easier to stay away from that kind of thing and just chill with one or two people I know well.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 pm

swicked wrote:
Careful, there are cutters on this board. Or, at least, past ones. One reason, though, is just that some (nowhere near all) confuse physical pain with pleasure. By which I mean their body does. Personally I like feeling emotional or spiritual pain from time to time. It's nice to feel bad sometimes, you know? Just not all the time.

I didn't really chill with anyone prior to halfway through college. Seriously, no one. Did not like a single person in middle or high school (to put it lightly), so I went off on my own the entire time.
Eventually met someone, dated them for a while, got married, now I'm pretty happy with a dozen or so friends (none of which do the whole togetherness thing, thank goodness). Things certainly can change a lot :P
I've been known to feel that from time to time, but I can only really enjoy it if others cause me the pain...

And moving away from that little tidbit which should never be brought up again, I'm glad to hear you've gotten through that and are now happy with how things are for you.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

...from
our many adventures in Roam and other zebra lands, we have found this a
strange and enchanting place. For many ponies, zebras are hut dwelling
primitives practicing strange shamanistic magic. It is unthinkable
that zebras should have cultural and historical accomplishments that
rival, even exceed, those of even Ponyville, much less the greater
Equestrian cities. My son and I have explored the vast empty Savannahs,
crossed blistering deserts, and explored strange jungles only to be
dazzled and amazed by these genial folks and their strange but not
unwholesome ways.

While ponies can easily separate ourselves into groups of earth pony,
unicorn, and pegasus, zebra affiliation is far more tribal and
fragmented into herds and bloodlines stretching back to antiquity.
Some, like the Zencori, wander far and wide collecting lore and stories
to bring back to their ancestral lands. Others are far more cerebral
and mystic like the elusive Achu, who blend hoof fighting with
meditation and spiritualistic behavior. The Propoli are every bit as
urban as the most sophisticated Canterlotian pony, placing great stock
on lore and education. Indeed, a traveler can find as much difference
between an Atori and a Eschatik zebra as a pegasus from a unicorn!

While most zebra tribes are friendly, if odd, one must take care to
avoid ‘star touched’ tribes. The term describes tribes that have
dabbled in dark and forbidden magic or performed horrible crimes. The
most infamous, of course, are the Starkatteri, or ‘Eaters of the Stars’,
tribe, whose dark tales of ritual sacrifice, flaying the skin off still
living prisoners, profane rituals, and other dark deeds have become the
stuff of trashy adventure tales back home. Others, like the Carnilala,
engage in disturbing sexual practices and self-mutilation. These ‘star
touched’ tribes are shunned by zebra society as a whole, but sadly they
are the first thing many ponies latch onto when thinking of our striped
neighbors.
That's from chapter 35. I think the Starkatteri had some influence in this web of conspiracy. They, or their beliefs, (release the Eater of Souls,) must have had some influence within Equestria, maybe inside the OIA. Project Partypooper happened in conjunction with the destruction of Cloudsdale and the detonation of the smuggled Balefire bombs, and that is in no way a coincidence. For all we know, the only thing preventing Project Horizons and whatever it has to do with the Eater of Souls from activating two hundred years ago was that EC-1101 was sealed inside Stable 99. It could just as easily have been a deliberate action on someone's part as a chance failure of the Equestrian communications network.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

O. Hinds wrote:What exactly happened next is unclear; possibly it was an O.I.A. plot, possibly it was due to the deployment of tactical megaspells and like weapons in the Final Assault, or perhaps it was something else, but Celestia One began firing at known SACII launch sites. The controllers, seeing the only thing keeping the Zebras safe from being hit with a full megaspell bombardment from Equestria, gave the order to launch, and shortly after that the saboteurs received their commands. Equestria observed the sabotage and inbound missiles and gave orders for its own megaspells to begin firing, and that was that.
Yeah, the fact that Cloudsdale was hit by a missile is somewhat problematic. Maybe it was a special type of missile -- like say, the one and only ballistic missile the Zebras had. I guess they couldn't get any/enough pegasus sympathizers.

Either way, I disagree about C-1 firing before the attack on Cloudsdayle. What's the reasoning behind that? There's plenty of time between Cloudsdayle being hit and the cloud cover spreading enough to cover Manehattan for C-1 to fire for hours. It makes sense with the cruise missile idea, too -- imagine it like a V-1 launch ramp, where they have one launcher and a bunch of reloads. Even though the site has fired its first shot, you can still burn it to prevent five or ten more missiles.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

swicked wrote:

Others causing it, causing it myself via reminiscing, w/e.
And I'm seriously a loner. I did not have a problem not involving myself with other people, partway through highschool I think people forgot I existed, anyway. I get antsy if I'm with someone for too long, no matter how much I like them, and I really enjoyed living alone :P

I enjoy now, in part, just because it is different. I like different. I try to make things different whenever I can.
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Derpmind wrote:That's from chapter 35. I think the Starkatteri had some influence in this web of conspiracy. They, or their beliefs, (release the Eater of Souls,) must have had some influence within Equestria, maybe inside the OIA. Project Partypooper happened in conjunction with the destruction of Cloudsdale and the detonation of the smuggled Balefire bombs, and that is in no way a coincidence. For all we know, the only thing preventing Project Horizons and whatever it has to do with the Eater of Souls from activating two hundred years ago was that EC-1101 was sealed inside Stable 99. It could just as easily have been a deliberate action on someone's part as a chance failure of the Equestrian communications network.
I don't think so... there's not really any evidence of play here, foul or otherwise. EC-1101 found Pinkie dead, so it bounced back to Canterlot, Stonehide was dead, then it failed to locate Borealis so it tried to bounce to Ironmare to find General Shimmerstar. Hoofington was such a wreck, though, that it could only get through on the Stable-Tec network and got dead-ended in 99, and that was that. I suppose Dealer could have steered it into that dead end, maybe, but I don't think he has any control over its functions.
Edit: Heh, you know where it probably tried to go after 99? Stable 90. No wonder it got stuck.

Ew, nasty thought... what if the bulk of the Proditors were from star-touched tribes?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” - Stephen Hawking ;P

I don't break down alone. It's comforting, if anything, to pretend for a little while that no one else matters.
And... worrying? What are you worrying about?
Bah, smart person quotes XD

And as for my worrying, it's personal stuff which is a result of bad experiences in my past that I'd rather not discuss.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Quick question.

Has there been a Fallout Equestria side story set in Point Lookout yet?
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 pm

swicked wrote:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." -Belgicia Howell
Not entirely relevant, but it's one of my favorite quotes.
And I have a lot of them.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about stuff anytime, though. I've been told I give pretty good advice.
I'd rather not.
No offense to you, but I haven't discussed this stuff with anyone, even my family or closest friends. I prefer to keep it to myself.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ryx, Sindri, and Kipper (role model stuff)
You guys rock, why wouldn't I want to be like you? :) Not, y'know, actually BE you, because that'd be weird and confuse me due to existentialism and stuff (the former of which I have at best a basic understanding of, due to having learned about it solely in French), but... You all have a fantastic qualities that I would fain do better at exhibiting. And it's inspiring when they pop up.
Yeah, actually being me would net you a whole bushel of weirdness that I usually don't talk about - even aside from the sense-of-self problems like Glory's having.
Well as long as you're avoiding being like the bad parts (which for me is... a lot...) then I suppose it's okay to look up to us... maybe. Being like them is a much better idea still.

guarddogjr wrote:Now that Boo has become a seapony no one can escape
her adorableness! The plan for Boo to take over the world had begun. All
hail princess of snack cake!

As always another amazing picture Wave!
Well, she still needs a reliable way to fly, other than Lacunae. That will have to be remedied later. And thank you, I'm glad you like it, sir.

Ice Crystal wrote:HNNNNNNNNG
RoboRed wrote:Shoo-be-doo Boo! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 3796487374
Katarn wrote:This post causes diabetes..
Thank you all, I'm glad you like it, and as always, I'm sorry about the diabetes and various heart conditions...

Somber wrote:Ryx does best seaponies... :)
Thank you very much, sir!

I still really need to draw Pisces and Capri soon...

Quotidian wrote:We build our own worlds. Our own societies. Our own
support networks. I don't know if that's enough for you, or me, or for
anyone. But it's all we've got, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to
keep trying.

I hope you will too. Because, and I know I've said this before, the world is a brighter place with you in it.
Very well said, sir.

SilentCarto wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24528224962
Ahh, I feel better now. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 3007958872
It's always my hope to help everyone feel better when I can. *hugs*

Meleagridis wrote:Big old image dump that basically amounts to 'Seapony Boo is cute'
Also, it should be 'shoo de Boo'.
I'm glad you like it heh, and well... I debated for quite some time about whether I should put 'shoo be Boo' or not... I really couldn't decide so I just flipped a coin, and it came up the scratched side so I left it as is.

Rboy474 wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:27 posts from a brand new thread.
The time for chit chat is now.
So.... Hows the weather?
Hot. Always hot. Stupid Arizona being the middle of three different deserts...

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:How does this keep getting better?
I've neglected to mention before, but that Blackjack plushie it totally adorable.

Ice Crystal wrote:Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD
And that's why we love Kim and Kipper. Also *hugs again*

As for the Wasteland mysteries and stuff... I think I'll leave that to you smart ponies.

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Yeah, the fact that Cloudsdale was hit by a missile is somewhat problematic. Maybe it was a special type of missile -- like say, the one and only ballistic missile the Zebras had. I guess they couldn't get any/enough pegasus sympathizers.
Equestria would have detected that, though. That's the problem; sure, a missile could have hit Cloudsdayle before any of the other bombs went off, but Equestria would have detected it in flight and initiated a full exchange (I suppose that there's a chance that they'd think that it was a glitch in the detection system, but the Zebras wouldn't bank on that in any case).

SilentCarto wrote:Either way, I disagree about C-1 firing before the attack on Cloudsdayle. What's the reasoning behind that? There's plenty of time between Cloudsdayle being hit and the cloud cover spreading enough to cover Manehattan for C-1 to fire for hours. It makes sense with the cruise missile idea, too -- imagine it like a V-1 launch ramp, where they have one launcher and a bunch of reloads. Even though the site has fired its first shot, you can still burn it to prevent five or ten more missiles.
FoE said that C-1 was firing on the missile launch sites; if the missiles, or at least the bulk of them, had already been launched, why do that when there are better targets available? The conclusion I drew was that C-1 must have begun firing prior to the launch. As for a V-1-like-system, the SACII (and SACI, but that doesn't matter much) was designed to avoid that sort of scenario. Equestria's instant-cast megaspells could easily take out a weapons system like that.

Silentcarto wrote:Edit: Heh, you know where it probably tried to go after 99? Stable 90. No wonder it got stuck.

Ew, nasty thought... what if the bulk of the Proditors were from star-touched tribes?
Both interesting... and the second would fit with some of my ideas...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm

swicked wrote:
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Almost all of my friends are people I met through other people, and are on average 2 years older than I am. I get along with them much easier, but I prefer to be without social contact after encounters for a while, because being social drains me a lot.

PS: The keychain is pretty awesome.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Word of advice if you are ever going to work at a restaurant nine times out of ten you will meet your very worst enemy. On the upside nine times out of ten that worst enemy tips well!
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:48 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
My personal M.O. follows so: find people I am familiar with proceed to mingle with them, and when one of said freinds leaves for another group I follow and join them almost like a disease except benevolent and usually high on sugar.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
swicked wrote:
I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Almost all of my friends are people I met through other people, and are on average 2 years older than I am. I get along with them much easier, but I prefer to be without social contact after encounters for a while, because being social drains me a lot.

PS: The keychain is pretty awesome.

Much of the time I'm the same way, but I guess with the odd flip that once I'm drawn in I can sort of go to the opposite extreme. For me the major difficulty is the transition. When possible I might go for Rboy's method, but even there I'm often happier if it just results in just a few people fissioning from the group.

Regarding the need to rest after social situations, I can relate. IIRC, it's basically textbook introversion. Perhaps the best description of it I ever saw was "Sometimes I need to not be around people for awhile. And that's okay." On the other hand, it can be a little frustrating, embarrassing perhaps--I don't quite want to say hurtful--when my more extroverted friends will act like not leaving my home for a day or two is an aberration.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Quotidian wrote:We build our own worlds. Our own societies. Our own support networks. I don't know if that's enough for you, or me, or for anyone. But it's all we've got, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to keep trying.

I hope you will too. Because, and I know I've said this before, the world is a brighter place with you in it.
Very well said, sir.

Aww, thank you. Every once and a while I write something worthwhile. -_-

I just hope Somber read it (and didn't think it was dumb) before you nutcases posted two dozen times and knocked it back a few pages.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Yeah, actually being me would net you a whole bushel of weirdness
that I usually don't talk about - even aside from the sense-of-self
problems like Glory's having.
Well as long as you're avoiding being
like the bad parts (which for me is... a lot...) then I suppose it's
okay to look up to us... maybe. Being like them is a much better idea
still.

Oh, you hush your face. There's a reason I mentioned you by name in my little word avalanche back there. I'm sure you've got your flaws. We all do. Maybe they're really super huge and somehow manage to eclipse all the good things about you.

But I doubt it.

Everything you draw is adorable. Or hilarious. Or heartbreaking. Or adorahilarioubreaking. And every single time you post a new drawing, it's obvious your artistic skill is improving.

(Also, I can't see your username without thinking: "Oh god. The punch. It tastes like mare.")
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

swicked wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can. Appearances are everything and I like testing my limits. Trying things I'm not comfortable with to see what they're like. Even trying things I tried a long time ago that failed, just in case this time would be different. It's just togetherness stuff that gets to me, emotionally. Which is why I call it emo crap and try to suppress it.

And thanks about the keychain.
Oh. Looks like I misinterpreted. Again.
Anyway, I find it difficult to maintain friendships with people that seem to like the whole togetherness thing.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

swicked wrote:
Don't worry about it. I'm confusing and almost seem to intentionally shove contradictions into my life just to make it more interesting.
In fact, I can't say I haven't actually done that once or twice.
Life is crazy. Make it crazier.
Fascinating.

Time for late night psychological self-diagnosis. This time, Alexthymia.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 am

swicked wrote:
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can.

Can't lie about being extroverted. Can only go back to introversion when the eyes are gone. If you smile and try then it is not a lie.
I can't believe you've been banned. Have you been saying the same things you say here? Do they ever say why? All you've done is share words, needed words.

The Same Awesome Guy wrote:And thanks about the keychain.

In honest truth, the old avatar creeped me out.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 am

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote:
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can.

Can't lie about being extroverted. Can only go back to introversion when the eyes are gone. If you smile and try then it is not a lie.
I can't believe you've been banned. Have you been saying the same things you say here? Do they ever say why? All you've done is share words, needed words.

The Same Awesome Guy wrote:And thanks about the keychain.

In honest truth, the old avatar creeped me out.

I like the keychain, but I'd grown accustomed to his face, even if I did have the same initial reaction. I have to say, though, that I felt some tonal or emotional whiplash from the switch.

But there's always room for more Rarity.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 am

@ Introversion / Extroversion
Dunno about you guys, but I tend to stay in the shadows listening in huge group events, unless
1) Someone calls me out, then I awkwardly try to converse with the group
2) There is a game going on of any sort. XD

Also awesome keychain swicked.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 am

SilentCarto wrote:I don't think so... there's not really any evidence of play here, foul or otherwise.
That's the point. There are unanswered questions and a lack of evidence of anything, therefore I'm speculating based on facts that I believe have relevance in the story. There is no way in hell that the Starkatteri aren't going to come up again one way or the other, at the very least.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 am

It was just scars to me. Not anymore, though. Have you brought this background to bear before?

I am in some small part ashamed to admit that I saw an image associated with something contrary to my ideals and discarded it as... 'creepy'. I am grateful for this further detail.

swicked wrote:And you can lie about anything. I can smile and try, as you say, but I'm never comfortable with it. It's important to know how to do this type of stuff, is all, if only because they're the only way to keep a job. They only let you work by yourself for so long before you need to know people and impress others and blah blah blah. Honestly, I love it when I get a few days to be all alone in my house, and sorta miss the days when my house was always empty.

They are not comfortable with it, either. The people out there are the same as us in here. They learned in the same way we must learn. There are no classes... just mistakes and some reprehension. Some of the folk we see are the same kind of scared, too.

You know this?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 am

Ray Bradbury has died. :( He was a brilliant author... I'm going to go re-read my favorite stories from The October Country and hope for nightmares.

@Ryx
You're a good person, Ryx, and I admire the hell out of you. Of your work, sure, but also of you, the person I've met here. You're supportive and passionate, and you bring joy. Nobody's perfect, I suppose - we've all got weaknesses and fears - but I know I'm damn glad to know you. *hugs?*

@swicked (and the rest of the intro/extro-version conversers)
I'm not sure which I am, really. There are definitely times when I just can't be around people, whether because it hurts to feel alone among friends or because I'm not good to be around, but there is a powerful need in me for companionship, and other people interest me. I care about them.

Definitely prefer smaller groups, though. And fake "togetherness" - the stuff you get at most rallies, where it's less about feeling connected to the other participants and more about being part of a group - doesn't sit right with me. But I think I can understand the appeal! I think it's another way of having identity, and of having a very certain place in a community in which you belong... something like that, anyway. As I said, it's not really something I've experienced personally - just a theory.

(And the keychain is indeed quite nice!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next