Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Rboy474 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:While we are somewhat on the topic of self-improvement and morals, is it a bad thing to try to make people around myself think I am miserable? I'm not sure why I do this...

Possibly, most people desire sympathy on some basic form and people try to manipulate the reactions of those around you in order to gain sympathy. Can be good if one desire a shoulder to lean on or a open ear. Can be bad if it is simply done for attention. If one is really miserable it's is really best to find someone who will actually listen and care. Or you can take the route I took...... I would not advice that route.

Which route would that be? attempting suicide?
Been there tired that many a times never quite got the t-shirt.

Damn you death and your slippery ways! >=|

Personal modification of self evaluation and creation of a faux marturdom complex.

I'll take that as a yes.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rboy474 Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:While we are somewhat on the topic of self-improvement and morals, is it a bad thing to try to make people around myself think I am miserable? I'm not sure why I do this...

Possibly, most people desire sympathy on some basic form and people try to manipulate the reactions of those around you in order to gain sympathy. Can be good if one desire a shoulder to lean on or a open ear. Can be bad if it is simply done for attention. If one is really miserable it's is really best to find someone who will actually listen and care. Or you can take the route I took...... I would not advice that route.

Personal modification of self evaluation and creation of a faux marturdom complex.

I'll take that as a yes.

Check the edit sorry about that felt like using fancy wording.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm

And we have another spontaneous thread fission!

Now I'm wondering what Cloudsville's binding energy per post chart is... Or does it have one? The parallel isn't exact, after all; the fission is based on thread mass, but the problem is that we've only got a neutron analogue. Or is there a proton analogue somewhere? Hm...

Any ideas?

edit: Oh, nice! WavemasterRyx's birthday drawing heads this thread.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Rboy474 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:

Personal modification of self evaluation and creation of a faux martyrdom complex.

In other words destroy the the though of personal gratification and focus on the happiness and personal feelings of others.

... I was going to reply to this, but then I realized that I just had a doozy of an apocalyptic dream. One of those ones that's actually got internal logic and consistency to boot. Fun! But it interrupted my train of thought. Bottom line: balefire bombs going off a long ways away are strangely beautiful. And the end of the world makes people do some crazy things.

Okay, yes. Replying to this. Personal query - what is the main problem with living your life this way? I know it's not fun, and you never feel like you've done enough, and the parts of you you're suppressing tend to get, uh, angry - what, if anything, am I missing? Don't answer if you don't want to, of course.

@Necr0 re: Trueblood's e-field work
Woops, sorry! I'd completely forgotten that, so when it came up in the re-read it took me by surprise. (And then I was like, "The internet must know!" Sweetie Belle ) Nice picture, btw!

@swicked
Yay, you're posting poetry again! I like this one. :)

@my internet
Stop being dumb. The fact that you cannot connect to a secured network has nothing to do with your not being set to automatically connect to a wireless network several hundred miles away from your current location.

@O. Hinds
I like physics, but I'm not good at it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:

Personal modification of self evaluation and creation of a faux martyrdom complex.

In other words destroy the the though of personal gratification and focus on the happiness and personal feelings of others.

... I was going to reply to this, but then I realized that I just had a doozy of an apocalyptic dream. One of those ones that's actually got internal logic and consistency to boot. Fun! But it interrupted my train of thought. Bottom line: balefire bombs going off a long ways away are strangely beautiful. And the end of the world makes people do some crazy things.

Okay, yes. Replying to this. Personal query - what is the main problem with living your life this way? I know it's not fun, and you never feel like you've done enough, and the parts of you you're suppressing tend to get, uh, angry - what, if anything, am I missing? Don't answer if you don't want to, of course.

General low self esteem to doormat/ I am the scourge of the earth proportions and the feeling that I am utterly worthless and useless as a human being also you tend to not really react well when someone actually shows loyalty and affection platonic or otherwise as you pretty much have no instinctual way to respond to that and when ever you fail some task or another you tend to beat yourself up REALLY badly. also sorry about before misread the quote.

@ Hinds: GAHH The maths keep them away. I already want to kill every single Greek of the past don't make me want anymore!!1
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm

We split into another thread! Our hostile takeover is working!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 133582496451s
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

And on that fateful day, Scyto became Gif master of the Project Horizens threads.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 8:37 pm

All hail Scyto!
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Magnettext
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 26, 2012 9:00 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Magnettext
Ah... Sorry, but this is kind of my job: that ought to be "your", not "you're".
The GIF itself looks good, though (though perhaps it might be good to slide the text a smidgen to the right; it appears to not be quite centered)!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm

O. Hinds wrote: Ah... Sorry, but this is kind of my job: that ought to be "your", not "you're".
The GIF itself looks good, though (though perhaps it might be good to slide the text a smidgen to the right; it appears to not be quite centered)!

Yeah, I noticed that. bit of a grammar Nazi myself...

These aren't my gifs, actually. I just have a very large collection of them. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by ScytoHarmony on Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Eh.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm

anyone know what Blackjack and co's house is called? I could swear it was given a specific name and I want to say it was called Breezehome, but then I go "derp that's what the skyrim house is called".

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm

The "Star House" or something like that.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 pm

thank you! :)

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm

swicked wrote:And I LOVE physics! Binding energies and etc., though, seem more like chemistry to me, which I really wasn't good at at all.
Math, though... Spike
Nuclear binding energy, not chemical, hence the "per nucleon".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_binding_energy

NoodleNugget wrote:anyone know what Blackjack and co's house is called? I could swear it was given a specific name and I want to say it was called Breezehome, but then I go "derp that's what the skyrim house is called".
Star House, yes.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Mobius04 wrote:Then we will put it back. I plan on being alive for the next 50 years or so. We'll see who is the last one standing.
First off, the Wiki crew will win because they have the banhammer. Second, I'd like to request that you not represent Bronydom in that light in the first place.
Wikipedia has a method for having these discussions -- the Talk page. Debate it on there; point out any other fanfics that appear; try to convince, don't just barge in and be a dick. That's not how we operate. You'll convince no one, and you'll make us all look like assholes in the process.
And if the answer is ultimately 'no', then accept it. If they want to keep the list limited to professionally published works, that's quite understandable.

Somber wrote:Thanks folks. Unfortunately a really bad tooth has prompted me to take more temp work, so by the time I get home I'm just creatively meh.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Mlfw2969-1312924179506511

Necr0maNceR wrote:Preview panel of something I'm working on. Details (like the rebar and cracks) may be subject to change.
I hate to be Comic Book Guy here, but if P-21 fired Persuasion 'zebra style', BJ would have noted it. He definitely fires it from the mouth...

O. Hinds wrote:And we have another spontaneous thread fission!
At least it's all automatic and stuff, so we don't have to worry about subscribing to the new thread...

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry Hinds, but I don't see the relevance of a nuclear analogue, the only common element would be that both fission at a certain point.
I probably said that wrong.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 am

So the thread split again I see... Not much to say on physics, having avoided that subject after being subjected to a glimpse of the upper level stuff.

Anyways I just finished rereading the main FO:E, PH, Pink Eyes, Tales of a Courier Reloaded, Heroes, and just now Murky Number Seven. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I'm planning on reading Anywhere But Here. Of them, exempting the main and PH. I found Pink eyes hilarious, and Murky the best in characterization. How 'bout y'all?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

FoE: Operation Flankorage is pretty good. NoOne recommended it somewhere.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:And we have another spontaneous thread fission!
I go away for a few hours and you guys break the thread. Again. At least this one is headed by the cutest art I've seen this month...

swicked wrote:I'd post more, but I honestly don't write all that often about ponies, making this less than an appropriate forum to do so on :P
C'mon, when have we worried about what's appropriate?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sun May 27, 2012 12:26 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Mobius04 wrote:Then we will put it back. I plan on being alive for the next 50 years or so. We'll see who is the last one standing.
First off, the Wiki crew will win because they have the banhammer. Second, I'd like to request that you not represent Bronydom in that light in the first place.
Wikipedia has a method for having these discussions -- the Talk page. Debate it on there; point out any other fanfics that appear; try to convince, don't just barge in and be a dick. That's not how we operate, thank you very much. You'll convince no one, and you'll make us all look like assholes in the process.
And if the answer is ultimately 'no', then accept it. If they want to keep the list limited to professionally published works, that's quite understandable.
You would be right on all counts. The wiki crew were unkind to a subject matter that I care about and my knee jerk response was to hit them. That would have been unproductive at best and at worst would have cemented animosity with the wiki crew. You did the right thing by calling my out.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Valikdu wrote:Ugh...
And I managed to write exactly 0.5 scene before collapsing. Nice.

Valikdu wrote:Ugh...
And I managed to write
That's better. When you are taken, the least you could do for yourself is count the achievements. My apologies if you are being sincere, I'ma getting heavy sarcastic vibes from the comment.

ScytoHarmony wrote:These aren't my gifs, actually. I just have a very large collection of them. Sorry for the confusion.
Don't suppose you have one of changelings repeatedly bashing the Canterlot shield?

swicked wrote:I'd post more, but I honestly don't write all that often about ponies, making this less than an appropriate forum to do so on :P
Do you have an appropriate outlet to post them on?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Oh, this place finally split? The RP has split three times already and we're about to make it to a fourth. Golden rule I've noticed is that as soon as a thread reaches 34 pages, count on it being split soon.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun May 27, 2012 12:35 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Oh, this place finally split? The RP has split three times already and we're about to make it to a fourth. Golden rule I've noticed is that as soon as a thread reaches 34 pages, count on it being split soon.
We split it before, actually.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 27, 2012 12:39 am

I'm well aware haha. I meant to put an 'again?" in my last post. Sometimes I feel bad seeing how most of the PH people, myself included, have taken over just about all the Top Poster List. And it's mostly been either here or in the RP. We should probably spread out more.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 am

Just finished up to current chapter of Anywhere But Here. Friggin hilarious in that Team Rocket sort of style. How they're going to take down the cast remains to be seen.

Guess I'll try my hand at operation flankorage then.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 am

Can anyone think of something to do for Somber's birthday? Collaboratively?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 1:34 am

Meleagridis wrote:Can anyone think of something to do for Somber's birthday? Collaboratively?
Money's not personal or collaborative, but it is definitely useful... alongside that, there was talk of writing up some short fiction for it, which could be nice... um, maybe a short story/vignette, poem, song, artwork, or other media piece and a message to Somber, or just the message, too. Or if it's too personal to share publicly, maybe the message can go separately to Somber in an e-mail.

Any of that strike folks' fancy? Other ideas floating around?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 am

well folks I just spent my late afternoon to midnight at comicpalooza... met Rachel Luttrel and Christopher Judge... found out George Takei actually looks the way he does on television, he is also very short...

I then caughtmyself doing a baggage dump on Luttrel and cutmyself off and apologized... any way, I had the privelege of meeting the woman who is the inspiration for the Character "Rose of Sharon Cassidy" in New Vegas.... shes a charming lady.

Also I have a concern for bronies on the East coast, apparently the idea of bronies on the east coast are dildo fucking men and something to do w ith horses... and it concerns me that this is the thought of bronies on the east coast...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next