Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Totally random about Sanguine, was his suit fused with his body? Since I recall him about always wearing it, and his lab was full of cloud... somehow, so if he wore it down there, it would fused with him. Or I dunno, do pink could have some sort of "unfuseable with a canterlot ghoul" or something? Doesn't seem logical.

@Everypony: (Earth Ponies) It's partially why I tried to make them rather badass in my RPG, so people at least wouldn't feel penalized for playing one. As for things, I find it kinda stupid they are placed so low, after all, with Celstia up, they are still the most important race as they are the one keeping all 3 alive with food. But no, that's apparently not important.

@Swicked: (Sperm donor) I actually have such spell included in both my technical FoE spin-off and the RPG. It goes on the same principal as the human one, taking some thingamajig from one female and making it into genetic material (sperm) and injecting the other female with it. And despite it being a bit... odd, I will defend the right to this spell, mostly since it's currently the only way I could become a "biological" mother myself... even if I don't want to, currently at least.

(EP) Yes, I've been wanting this since season 1. Even if it's some sort of stupid plant growing power or druid "forest sense" or whatnot.

@Rboy: (EP) I personally see the ponies as: EP = Wood elves. PP = Wild/+winged elves. UP = High Elves/Eladrin.
And pegasus being "uselss"? Sonic rainbooms anyone? Ability to manipulate weather? Tornadoes? RD is like, the "equivalent" of the combat artillery example above. That, and flying as said. Hard to mortar a flying target... not to flak though.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Totally random about Sanguine, was his suit fused with his body? Since I recall him about always wearing it, and his lab was full of cloud... somehow, so if he wore it down there, it would fused with him. Or I dunno, do pink could have some sort of "unfuseable with a canterlot ghoul" or something? Doesn't seem logical.

@Everypony: (Earth Ponies) It's partially why I tried to make them rather badass in my RPG, so people at least wouldn't feel penalized for playing one. As for things, I find it kinda stupid they are placed so low, after all, with Celstia up, they are still the most important race as they are the one keeping all 3 alive with food. But no, that's apparently not important.

@Swicked: (Sperm donor) I actually have such spell included in both my technical FoE spin-off and the RPG. It goes on the same principal as the human one, taking some thingamajig from one female and making it into genetic material (sperm) and injecting the other female with it. And despite it being a bit... odd, I will defend the right to this spell, mostly since it's currently the only way I could become a "biological" mother myself... even if I don't want to, currently at least.

(EP) Yes, I've been wanting this since season 1. Even if it's some sort of stupid plant growing power or druid "forest sense" or whatnot.

@Rboy: (EP) I personally see the ponies as: EP = Wood elves. PP = Wild/+winged elves. UP = High Elves/Eladrin.
And pegasus being "uselss"? Sonic rainbooms anyone? Ability to manipulate weather? Tornadoes? RD is like, the "equivalent" of the combat artillery example above. That, and flying as said. Hard to mortar a flying target... not to flak though.

You know what disregard any of my previous statements. I was wrong.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 pm

swicked wrote:You don't see a lot of medical tech.
They clearly had the tech to transfer a foal in the earliest stages of development to another mother without any damage to any of the three. How much harder could it be to mix the genes outside and then implant it?

Of course it would only be available as pre-war tech, probably either the target of a major quest or belonging to a single powerful group...

I know they didn't have a lot of options at the time, but destroying Sanguine's lab might turn out to be one of the biggest blows to medical science in the history of the Wasteland.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

swicked wrote:It'd make more sense for your solution to be something similar to sanguine's machine. DNA from two ponies go in, a genetically diverse blank comes out, some soul splicing and you've got... well, not anything near a "normal" pony, but the closest I could imagine given the circumstances.
That's a little extreme, don't you think? Besides, Sanguine was the only one who knew how to operate that thing anyways. Helpinghoof (that was his name, right?) at Tenpony Tower would certainly be able to look up the spell in the library and learn how to use it. It would definitely cost a premium in caps, but it's much better than mucking about with flux and souls.
Sindri wrote:I know they didn't have a lot of options at the time,
but destroying Sanguine's lab might turn out to be one of the biggest
blows to medical science in the history of the Wasteland.
Considering the entire thing ran on Flux? I think in the long run medical science is better off not going down that path.

Last edited by Derpmind on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Things are still moving rather slowly, I'm afraid. Just now we're caught up in the details of the death of [REDACTED].
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Things are still moving rather slowly, I'm afraid. Just now we're caught up in the details of the death of [REDACTED].

Rest in peace o mighty Bat Stud.... Amusing I am correct?
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Well, technically all the medical tech in 99 is still there and useable. Blackjack will most likely never return there but between the Steel Rangers/ Applejack's Rangers setting up base and Bottlecap getting goods from it, it could be viable.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Things are still moving rather slowly, I'm afraid. Just now we're caught up in the details of the death of [REDACTED].
Oh hey, does that mean [DATA EXPUNGED]?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm

500 bits on Steel Rain dying.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm

@Rboy: It's coo, I tend to be that quite often xP
Also, he was a slut, not stud. If going on technical terms, sex within a few hours of meeting each other, and not giving much back. (so far, in theory)

@Swicked: I know. It was made in/for my stable I came up with. Think I mentioned it before though. The all mare one with sperm banks in it? And as said, it's pre-war tech/spells :P (and if one mare would be interested in that spell, it's be Pip, assuming she'd ever be ready for foals... and whatever they decide to do with her and Homage's age problem. Second on the list might be Glory. Oh, and possibly P-21, so he doesn't have to be asked in case of emergency xD)

@Sindri: While the questionably ethical organ farm was useful, most of it was based on a certain draconiqus, without him, not much use if left of his lab anyhow.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Kattlarv wrote:

@Swicked: I know. It was made in/for my stable I came up with. Think I mentioned it before though. The all mare one with sperm banks in it? And as said, it's pre-war tech/spells :P (and if one mare would be interested in that spell, it's be Pip, assuming she'd ever be ready for foals... and whatever they decide to do with her and Homage's age problem. Second on the list might be Glory. Oh, and possibly P-21, so he doesn't have to be asked in case of emergency xD)

Is it me or are things slowly turning into Y-The Last Man?
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Sindri: While the questionably ethical organ farm was useful, most of it was based on a certain draconiqus, without him, not much use if left of his lab anyhow.
Automated machinery to transfer organs between living ponies quickly and precisely? Massive bank of pristine stasis pods ranging in size from individual organs to whole ponies? Equipment capable of extracting, transferring, and implanting living foals easily? The greatest medical tech of the last three centuries all in one place, and all anybody looks at is the draconequis in the middle...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 pm

@Swicked: It all depends who wants it, it could be a priority for them ;P

And his lab still depends on flux as said.

And well, it technically wasn't "made" for the stable, it was just included in their spellbook. And yeah, it was a bit like that, even if it's a matriarch from the start, it was based as a "what happens if a bunch of mares get to decide things from the start?" Or something.

@Rboy: I don't know what that is, but I'd guess a movie/book about the last male in a world with females or something?
Also, I made a small edit in my previous rely.

@Everypony, going to try and sleep now, going to be up in two hours and work at a tug of war thingy. Not sure what for, but eh, I don't have much control nor knowledge of where my life is going heh... and gah, stop being so quick to reply xD

@Sindri: Said machine depended on the cloning facility? I can say the stasis pods have a use though. But with the onslaught of incoming rabble, it was a bit questionable what was going to happen with it. But yeah, the kind of over the top herp de derp facility was quite a bit of a loss.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Sindri wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@Sindri: While the questionably ethical organ farm was useful, most of it was based on a certain draconiqus, without him, not much use if left of his lab anyhow.
Automated machinery to transfer organs between living ponies quickly and precisely? Massive bank of pristine stasis pods ranging in size from individual organs to whole ponies? Equipment capable of extracting, transferring, and implanting living foals easily? The greatest medical tech of the last three centuries all in one place, and all anybody looks at is the draconequis in the middle...
Yes,well, if an entire city was powered by a single nuclear reactor, and no replacement could be made, I think that reactor would be pretty important.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Everypony, going to try and sleep now, going to be up in two hours and work at a tug of war thingy. Not sure what for, but eh, I don't have much control nor knowledge of where my life is going heh... and gah, stop being so quick to reply xD
Goodnight!
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Somepony dies? The two most likely candidates are Steel Rain and Stygius, with Stygius being the more likely of the two..
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: It all depends who wants it, it could be a priority for them ;P

And his lab still depends on flux as said.

And well, it technically wasn't "made" for the stable, it was just included in their spellbook. And yeah, it was a bit like that, even if it's a matriarch from the start, it was based as a "what happens if a bunch of mares get to decide things from the start?" Or something.

@Rboy: I don't know what that is, but I'd guess a movie/book about the last male in a world with females or something?
Also, I made a small edit in my previous rely.

It was a comic book. Also what seems to be with the utter hate you have for the poor guy.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Obviously it's Blackjack who dies again, making way for the true heroin of the story BOO!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Obviously it's Blackjack who dies again, making way for the true heroin of the story BOO!

I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh Goddess! SECURE! CONTAIN! PROTECT! [ DATA EXPUNGED ]
Applebloom
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Don't blink, or [REDACTED] will get you!
Twilight crazy
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Elexius wrote:Don't blink, or [REDACTED] will get you!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 3932362616

We have a edit button. Use it.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Twilight crazy
Don't worry. 173 is completely contained. Of course there's not much they can do about 106...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Airplane Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 pm

The newest chapter is called "meatlocker"

OH GOD

OH GOD
Paper Airplane
Paper Airplane
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Fluttershy
Chapter coming soon.
I've got a headache so I'm gonna go to bed as soon as company leaves, have fun guys.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Kirbuu wrote:I do have a horrible realization on the last chapter. Blackjack was not always a good pony. Her motto is not "keep up the good work, fight the good fight" but "Do Better". It is her struggling to overcome her errors and traumas that made her a hero. And Happyhorn just healed her trauma. What is to prevent her from backsliding morally not into full monsterdom maybe but into the mindset of a stable 99 security mare? Already she used a male (consensually) to move past her last major psychological hang up. Her only thought on Glory at that time is whether she should find a male for her to have children with not even considering either Stygius or the hypothetical future fathers feelings as anything other then breeding tools.
You say 'heal' like that makes it all go away. That's abolutely not the case. She was coming apart at the seams from blaming herself; she's gradually learning, now, to take responsibility for her actions without charging herself a debt she can never begin to repay.

Edit: Also, first, it would seem. Celestia
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 pm

What the heck. I just made two posts and neither one showed up! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 1751538862 Attempting to reconstruct.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
swicked wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:(Now if only I didn't find Puppy to be completely obnoxious...)
*brohoofed*
Well, I happen to like Puppy so... too bad?

Hey, I have no problem if you like it. I just find her annoying. She pingpongs wildly in apparent age, one minute a moronic four year old who can't recognize basic objects, understand simple sentences, or identify dangerous animals; then the very next paragraph she'll be using four syllable words and talking on the same level as one of the CMCs (10-12 years).

And I know this is the lighter-and-fluffier FoE, but Puppy is ridiculously resilient to the horrors of the wasteland. The only thing that upsets her is missing her mommy. Dead things? No big deal. Terrifying monsters? Who cares. Massive explosions? Whatever. Where's mom?!

Maybe it gets better, I don't know. I stopped reading about the time she randomly gained HULK SMASH superpowers and headbutted a robot to death. (How did she even know to TRY that? Did she go around headbutting ponies whenever she got upset back before the bombs fell?)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Re: Pregnancy: I can just state that the most deciding factor is whether or not they have equine "heat" or human ... "cycles"?
Remember Twist and Doof's backstory? They apparently have estrus.

On a side note, why can I see BJ having the luck of "your reproductive organs survived, but however, you got scrambled eggs, so not like it matters anyhow."
I'm pretty sure the eggs being unharmed was part of the "reproductive organs are intact and undamaged" thing.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Sindri wrote:
Twilight crazy
Don't worry. 173 is completely contained. Of course there's not much they can do about 106...

Speaking of the SCP, did you know that Dr. Bright is a brony?

Seriously, look at some of the latest things he's not allowed to do. One of them apparently involved him attempting to convert a humanoid SCP, who can bring small figurines he crafts to life, into a brony.
It sucks that they actually state "No Ponies" on their submission rules though.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next