Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Soon she shall rule the Wasteland with the power of caps.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:23 pm

I find it odd that a high powered rifle had TWELVE rounds in a magazine. The rounds were significant enough to shatter Blackjack's armor plates and give her more than a headache, so they must have been of substantial size. So 10 would be more plausible. But we aren't given a description on the weapon's receiver, so there is no way to know.
My guess is that he might have aimed so that Majina and Sekashi were behind other zebras, firing 10 shots, and 2 of them penetrating other zebras.
No basis for this. Just how I imagined it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:42 pm

If you de-ponify (de-zebrify? hey, new words!) the gun Lancer was using, it probably would be this.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Valikdu wrote:If you de-ponify (de-zebrify? hey, new words!) the gun Lancer was using, it probably would be this.

That is sexy.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

swicked wrote:Overall he just wanted them to have a chance. Making it seem like he was trying to kill them was more important than simply sparing them, because then he might have had to do it again.
There could have been zebra spies out beyond the camp trying to make sure he did his job. I don't know how well zebra are at picking out who is who at a distance but he might have needed to put on a show like that to ensure no one thought he had spared them. He carries enough clout that he could have possibly shouted down any zebra that stayed around long enough to notice a mare and a filly survived the slaughter by stating that they had to of been some OTHER mare and filly, because there were at least a few other mares and fillies in the crowd he killed. It would look bad that he spared anyone at all, but not as bad if he had entirely missed one or two for no discernible reason.
Okay, so you're complaining at me for taking Sekashi at her word when she implies that Majina is her only child, but it's okay for you to make up hidden agendas, additional zebra spies, carefully nonlethal shots lined up in a fraction of a second, and faked surprise to make his lousy shots deliberate. How

There's a simpler explanation here: he meant to kill them, and Sekashi was simply tougher and more skilled than the civvies she was using for cover.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 pm

@Kipper: (Plushies) Looks rather cute :P
And *gasp* I'm surprised you didn't make some cheesy remark to my previous, previous reply xP

@Everypony: Am I the only one that finds it a tad bit insulting that the "post count" (that from what I guess, is supposed to represent your "experience/rank" or whatever goes from imo, a good start of "this to that", but then goes to "earth pony" and the other two races are above it?

@Swicked: (High powered rifle) Easy, just shoot them in a non-vital area, possibly just grace it, and have them burn a faith point, works like a charm xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Valikdu wrote:If you de-ponify (de-zebrify? hey, new words!) the gun Lancer was using, it probably would be this.
Wait, a sniper rifle that's basically named "Atropos"? That. Is. AWESOME.
Though I think Lancer has actually used two different guns. The one he used at Brimstone's Fall used a detachable box magazine, had to have been semiautomatic to fire as fast as he did (describe as killing a second target before the first fell), and it had a conventional silencer (it went "pffts, pffts"). But in the museum, he's explicitly using a bolt-action rifle with an area-effect silencing charm attached. I think the former is something like a long-barreled Marksman Carbine, while the latter is more like This Machine.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Everypony: Am I the only one that finds it a tad bit insulting that the "post count" (that from what I guess, is supposed to represent your "experience/rank" or whatever goes from imo, a good start of "this to that", but then goes to "earth pony" and the other two races are above it?

I noticed that, but stayed quiet about it. Unicorn master race is now head-canon.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Well to be honest I do find the "post count ranking" to be odd. I'd rather have the option to pick my own name but it's alright for the moment. I'm less then 200 post away from Alicorn which is cool, but I'd rather have Earth Pony again.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Everypony: Am I the only one that finds it a tad bit insulting that the "post count" (that from what I guess, is supposed to represent your "experience/rank" or whatever goes from imo, a good start of "this to that", but then goes to "earth pony" and the other two races are above it?
No; it strikes me too as...subspeciesist? Is that the right word?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Kipper: (Plushies) Looks rather cute :P
And *gasp* I'm surprised you didn't make some cheesy remark to my previous, previous reply xP

-winks at you-

Well, I've gotta rest at some point, right? There's only so much cheesiness to go around, after all.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 pm

RandomBlank wrote:...and just the moment I asked Boo about Sekashi...
Oh don't worry, sir, Boo will still have something to say... figuratively. I just have a few other questions I'd like to cover before I get to that one (Boo has 50 messages in her inbox now...) but I will get to it.

Meleagridis wrote:Two! Two fan works for the best zebra of
all time! Ah, ah, ah! Did you take cues from Mech's Sekashi? If so, you
matched it perfectly (but with your own adorable style- and Puppy. I
should finish reading that). ...That contest was fun. Let's do it
again.
SilentCarto wrote:Awww. Sekashi hugs are best hugs. I note
that you used the 'three X' glyphmark, where it's actually described as
resembling a smiley face. But I like this version better
anyway.
Yes, I did use Mech's version as a reference, because I like to try and keep some consistency to the character appearances (you know, when I'm not being a stubborn ass about Rampage and Boo...)
As for the glyph mark... that took me about 15 minutes to get right, even with how simple it seems like it would be... I did remember her mark being something else but I figured I'd stick with Mech's interpretation.

swicked wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:(Now if only I didn't find Puppy to be completely obnoxious...)
*brohoofed*
Well, I happen to like Puppy so... too bad?

Kattlarv wrote:@Everypony: Am I the only one that finds it a tad bit
insulting that the "post count" (that from what I guess, is supposed to
represent your "experience/rank" or whatever goes from imo, a good start
of "this to that", but then goes to "earth pony" and the other two
races are above it?
I might find it insulting if it weren't so typical. Earth ponies are always looked down at as an inferior race compared to unicorns and pegasi, it's just a fact.
And that's why I love earth ponies.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 pm

@Everypony: (post count) Well, glad I'm not the only one that thought about it. And personally quite ticked on the whole "fanwank" about unicorns, even in the clopfics they get rewarded for being "upper class" and already having it easier. It's like Vow of Poverty and monk's, they're already one of the best classes, and for the feat, you GET a feat, and tons of other bonuses. It's like the difference between drow and half-orc in DDO. Drows get a total of +4 in attributes, and shitloads of fun racials like spell resistance and etc while half-orcs get -2 in attributes and counts as both humanoid and orc for purpose of getting hit in the face by bane weapons. Gah, sorry, derailed a bit.

@Kipper: I guess that's true... and blargh! So annoyed right now.
Spoiler:
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Honestly, I'm surprised that there isn't a fic yet which has Earth Ponies being completely OP. Like, a bunch of Earth Ponies getting together to kick the crap out of monsters, move mountains, mcguiver some steampunk, disco, and Limit Break a forest into going Mother-Asskick-Nature on some Cthulhu.

Last edited by Derpmind on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Everypony: (post count) Well, glad I'm not the only one that thought about it. And personally quite ticked on the whole "fanwank" about unicorns, even in the clopfics they get rewarded for being "upper class" and already having it easier. It's like Vow of Poverty and monk's, they're already one of the best classes, and for the feat, you GET a feat, and tons of other bonuses. It's like the difference between drow and half-orc in DDO. Drows get a total of +4 in attributes, and shitloads of fun racials like spell resistance and etc while half-orcs get -2 in attributes and counts as both humanoid and orc for purpose of getting hit in the face by bane weapons. Gah, sorry, derailed a bit.

@Kipper: I guess that's true... and blargh! So annoyed right now.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Chapter 45 - Meatlocker [Coming Very Soon :)]
“These ponies don’t want a party. These ponies want a PARRR-TAY!”
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 2066584637
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:16 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 ?t=2009032865313
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirbuu Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I do have a horrible realization on the last chapter. Blackjack was not always a good pony. Her motto is not "keep up the good work, fight the good fight" but "Do Better". It is her struggling to overcome her errors and traumas that made her a hero. And Happyhorn just healed her trauma. What is to prevent her from backsliding morally not into full monsterdom maybe but into the mindset of a stable 99 security mare? Already she used a male (consensually) to move past her last major psychological hang up. Her only thought on Glory at that time is whether she should find a male for her to have children with not even considering either Stygius or the hypothetical future fathers feelings as anything other then breeding tools.
Kirbuu
Kirbuu
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 pm

@Everypony: (Earth ponies) I know a friend of mine want to write a fic in which a EP will headbutt a unicorn on the horn so hard it's skull caves in as a "fuck you wankers!" to all the UP glorifying.

@Kipper: (gah, how did I end up rambling about this in a PH thread? xD)
Spoiler:
(Warning: Really, don't even bother if you want to avoid the gutter, I'm really trailing off here...)

@Kirbuu: (Styg) Actually, would say he used her about as much as she used him. We've pointed out several things about that already.
Such as him entirely focusing on himself the whole time. (apart from likely keeping an ear and eye out for sudden movement that might indicate a threat)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Derpmind wrote:
Chapter 45 - Meatlocker [Coming Very Soon :)]
“These ponies don’t want a party. These ponies want a PARRR-TAY!”
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 2066584637

Hehe parties are fun~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:I AM entirely convinced Lancer spared them on purpose.
If so, he did a terrible job of it, as I noted before. Without a fully trained doctor on site, Majina would have died.
But Lancer knew there was a fully trained surgeon on site. He joined BJ and Glory's party beforehoof.

O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Honestly, I kind of expect her to be in charge of Chapel at this point. As far as I know, she and Harpica are the only adults in residence now, and Harpica strikes me as more of a follower than a leader.

I don't think so. Just because they are adults does not make them leaders. They could just as easily be taking direction from Charity at this point. She's got a good head on her shoulders.
...Her empire has begun.
I for one welcome our new overlord.

Kippershy wrote:

That is sexy.
Agreed.

Kattlarv wrote:Am I the only one that finds it a tad bit insulting that the "post count" (that from what I guess, is supposed to represent your "experience/rank" or whatever goes from imo, a good start of "this to that", but then goes to "earth pony" and the other two races are above it?
Nope. Everypony tries to put earth ponies below unicorns. Red Eye would like a word with them.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Hey guys, whats up, hope everybody's having a good day hopefully better than mine at least.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Rboy474 wrote:better than mine at least.
I'll take that bait. What happened?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Sindri wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:better than mine at least.
I'll take that bait. What happened?

It is one of those days were "it" won't shut up what "it" is I will leave to your imaginations. It is that and it is also one of those days were I just need to learn to stop thinking. But day aside what were you guys talking about?
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 pm

swicked wrote:
This always annoyed me about the Winter Wrap-up episode. Magic is quick and easy and the earth pony way takes forever and STILL requires pegasi to accomplish. It's something you only do for the sake of "tradition".
Ehh... the MLP people really need to put together an episode in which earth ponies do stuff the other two can't -_-
According to "Hearths warming eve." Only earth ponies can grow food. Well that or the Pegasi and Unicorns were so lazy they didn't even try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Rboy474 wrote:But day aside what were you guys talking about?
Zebras. Lancer's relationship with Sekashi, the "coincidence" where he killed nine zebras and left her and her daughter alive, the history of both...

Also, the typical viewing of unicorns as somehow "above" earth ponies, as exemplified by the postcount/rating system on this site.

Also porn. Best not to click past spoiler tags from Kattlarv or Kippershy unless you're sure you're ready.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Sindri wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:But day aside what were you guys talking about?
Zebras. Lancer's relationship with Sekashi, the "coincidence" where he killed nine zebras and left her and her daughter alive, the history of both...

Also, the typical viewing of unicorns as somehow "above" earth ponies, as exemplified by the postcount/rating system on this site.

Also porn. Best not to click past spoiler tags from Kattlarv or Kippershy unless you're sure you're ready.

I always thought unicorns were something of elves and earth ponies to humans generally they are "better" in individual terms but we are more numerous and depending on the setting really really good warriors and very good at making friends... at least in my head-cannon were the old earth pony home (I call it Terra) is a empire consisting of griffons, zebras, and a crud ton of steam punk.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Well, earth ponies have obvious physical advantages, and despite being unable to do explicit spellcasting they have just as much magic as the other types according to Word of Faust. It comes out in the form of connection to nature, or inventive ability, or other subtle enhancements that are a lot more important in the long run than telekinesis or throwing fireballs about.

After all, a unicorn who dedicates their life to combat magic becomes living artillery and can project a shield around themself. An earth pony who does the same can build thousands of artillery pieces, armored vehicles, enough comms tech to synchronize and control them all from the comfort of their bunker. Which would you consider more powerful?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Sindri wrote:Well, earth ponies have obvious physical advantages, and despite being unable to do explicit spellcasting they have just as much magic as the other types according to Word of Faust. It comes out in the form of connection to nature, or inventive ability, or other subtle enhancements that are a lot more important in the long run than telekinesis or throwing fireballs about.

After all, a unicorn who dedicates their life to combat magic becomes living artillery and can project a shield around themself. An earth pony who does the same can build thousands of artillery pieces, armored vehicles, enough comms tech to synchronize and control them all from the comfort of their bunker. Which would you consider more powerful?

Really the only "useless" race is Pegasuses due to havering no real potential do to their powers can't really be used offensively since they seem to not be able to produce dangerous weather unless in large powerful groups.

That and weather works well enough on its own as shown with the Everfree Forest.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Rboy474 wrote:Really the only "useless" race is Pegasuses due to havering no real potential do to their powers can't really be used offensively since they seem to not be able to produce dangerous weather unless in large powerful groups.

A flying opponent screws almost all ground-based tactics. And even once flying machines are created, pegasi will beat them in speed, maneuvering, or both. Combine that will downright unnatural carrying capacity... they may very well have the most individual potential on the front lines. When given a few force multipliers from the EP labs, of course.

Outside of wartime, they may very well be the single strongest force for Harmony in Equestria. As we've seen, ponies live in an idyllic, utopian society when there are no shortages of resources. But who ensures that there are no major natural disasters? Who makes the weather optimal for food production? Even the best farmers can't work in a drought or a flood; remove pegasus weather control and return to the natural random patterns, and Equestria would look a lot more like Earth pretty quickly.

Last edited by Sindri on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next