Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
Somber
RoboRed
CD
SilentCarto
Valikdu
Icy Shake
neoaustin
Frost
Rayndalf
nallar
Gadget Steamhoof
MSCA
Elden Andel
joltius
Tacoman587
DotRook
Vexd
Scootayay
Admiral Stoic Rum
TB3
FoolNeim
Defrak
Bootleg
tylertoon2
Katarn
Epsilon
Scienza
The Truth
Borsuq
PeppyJoe
decumos
Evilgidgit
JadedPony
atikin
FeatherDust
ILM126
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
43 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:32 pm

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:54 am

http://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/894824

New chapter is up if folks want to take a peek at it.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 am

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 am

Spoiler:

Well, this chapter is still very different from how Fallout: Equestria was, but the exploration of zebra culture is interesting. It's a little odd the murder subplot didn't get explored further, but there'll be time for that later perhaps. We still have a lot of zebra land to explore, and the swamp shouldn't overstay its welcome.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 pm

I just saw an article about a a ten-meter-long prehistoric crocodile. Zebrinica is real!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 pm

A short positive review of PH from Hat Trick Studios.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:22 am

Check this out!

Sky Striker meets Dawn:
http://vector-brony.deviantart.com/art/Lovers-reunited-586901074
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:49 pm

"I never asked for this."

Project Horizons - Equine Revolution:
http://nemo2d.deviantart.com/art/I-Never-Asked-For-This-587102468
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:34 pm

So, when will more chapters be added to the FIMfic version of PH?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:16 am

When I stop sucking ass...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:37 pm

stopbeinghardonyourselfdamnit
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 pm

RoboRed wrote:So, when will more chapters be added to the FIMfic version of PH?
RoboRed wrote:stopbeinghardonyourselfdamnit
Irony, anyone?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:32 am

SilentCarto wrote:
RoboRed wrote:So, when will more chapters be added to the FIMfic version of PH?
RoboRed wrote:stopbeinghardonyourselfdamnit
Irony, anyone?
I don't know, it seems like if anything there's a certain . . . referential or poetic appropriateness to someone telling Somber to stop being hard on himself, immediately before or after being hard on him.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:35 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I don't know, it seems like if anything there's a certain . . . referential or poetic appropriateness to someone telling Somber to stop being hard on himself, immediately before or after being hard on him.
"Don't beat yourself up... let us do it for you!"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm

...Seriously? Are you guys being serious right now?

If that was considered "beating someone up", I really fear for this world.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:44 pm

I know I wasn't being serious, and I suspect the same of SilentCarto (even the original "irony" post looks that way to me). I was making a joke based on:
“You were thinking about Medley, weren’t you?” Glory asked as she looked into my eyes.  Instantly I flushed, feeling very… confused.  The cyan pegasus leaned towards me.  “From now on, you’re not allowed to do that anymore, understand? Not for Dusk.  Not for running away.  Not for having sex.  Not for failing anything. I’m the only one that gets to punish you.
and it looks like SC was working off of that in his last post, but made the substitution of "beating yourself up" for "being hard on yourself," giving a wider range of interpretations for the severity than the original wording.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:57 am

RoboRed wrote:...Seriously? Are you guys being serious right now?

If that was considered "beating someone up", I really fear for this world.
Eh, not totally. "Ha ha, only serious." I did think your post came off as kind of demanding, but I wasn't going to say anything until the subsequent exchange.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 pm

I wanted to ask a question about the writing process of Project Horizons. It is the biggest, longest fanfic I've ever read in my life so far, and it has about five-hundred subplots all going on at once. I ask because I've been pondering whether or not to write my own Side Story at some point, and it takes me a lifetime to write something, so I'd like to know how you plan things out. How did Somber and the editors plan out the story, keep track of all the intertwined storylines, Hoofington's world itself, and how did new characters come about into existence?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:30 pm

So... I have a need for more blackjack. Anybody know some PH fan fiction? Heh, I'm looking for a fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic. The rabbit hole just keeps getting bigger.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:28 pm

@Evilgidgit:
I'm afraid that I wasn't really involved with planning the story out much; the only thing like that I'm remembering at the moment is working on the rocket stuff.

@neoaustin:
Heh. I'm afraid that I'm not thinking of any at the moment, though. I do recall finding one ages ago, but it only had I think three chapters and hasn't, as far as I know, updated in years.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:15 am

neoaustin wrote:So... I have a need for more blackjack.  Anybody know some PH fan fiction?  Heh,  I'm looking for a fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic. The rabbit hole just keeps getting bigger.
I'm not aware of too many. You could do worse, I'm sure, than searching FimFic for "Project Horizons" as a start, but even there, I don't know how helpful that will be, especially since a good deal of the things that incorporate PH don't directly concern Blackjack. If you haven't already, some that stand out at first glance:
Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation
"Warmth", or "Chapter 22.5" is pretty good, if clop is an option.
"Perspective of the Bulletproof"
It doesn't have anything to do with Blackjack that I remember, but I liked "Second Chance", which was definitely set in PH-inclusive FoE.
And Blackjack gets an unnamed passing mention (but you'll know it's her) in The Greatest Short FoE Story of All Time, "Fallout Equestria: Lesbians."
And there look to be some others as well, with an unsurprising number of them appearing to also be clop.

Then there are Meleagridis's forum fics, the only one of which seems to relate to BJ that I know of offhand being this one, from after chapter 65:
Featuring Cerberus the Over-patriotic Robot:
https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t1166p120-grimdark-fallout-equestria-project-horizons-discussion#212668
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:35 am

Thanks Icy, I'll check out the non clop ones when I've got time
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Running thoughts:
Spoiler:

Well, it seems our party is finally becoming competent. Also, still no notice inside this threat the story has updated it seems. Ah well, first!
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:58 am

CD wrote:Also, still no notice inside this threat the story has updated it seems.
Ah, sorry. This story's really a lot more FIMFiction-based, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 am

I'm re-reading PH from the beginning, and it occured to me, but did Deus and Gorgon know the other was Doof and Stonewing?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm afraid that I don't recall off the top of my head. I suspect not, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'm re-reading PH from the beginning, and it occured to me, but did Deus and Gorgon know the other was Doof and Stonewing?
I don't recall reading that they were told the others were also part of the experiments. I think Deus was just too simple to figure it out himself. Stonewing wasn't the smartest pony either, though he might have drawn the right conclusion in his years of living with the Reapers.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'm re-reading PH from the beginning, and it occured to me, but did Deus and Gorgon know the other was Doof and Stonewing?
You know, I really have to get around to pick up, and finish the revised edition of PH...
Just need to get up the damn motivation xP Feels like I might not get around to it before the series has become obsolete so to speak...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm

According to the crack investigative reporters of Equestria Daily, Blackjack's mom really got around (and had a well-hidden from 99 drinking problem):
Little Pips grew up in Stable 2 with her alcoholic mother Gin Rummy. She ends up getting a job as a Pip Buck stable technician while crushing on one of her fellow vault dwellers, Velvet Remedy. When the story first begins, she had just acquired her cutie mark. When Velvet requests that Pip use her technical skills to remove her Pip Buck in order to escape the vault, Little Pip feels responsible for releasing her crush, and chases after her.
Spike
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 am

Icy Shake wrote:crack

Not even once.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next