Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Thank you. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:29 am

So, since digging for things that FoE writers have "predicted" that ended up happening in the show is a time-honored tradition, in light of this week's episode . . .
Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Correction notification: we have changed in 75b an instance of Boo calling Discord her father; she was meant to call him her uncle, as usual.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Correction notification: we have changed in 75b an instance of Boo calling Discord her father; she was meant to call him her uncle, as usual.

Discord: Blackjack never told you what happened to your father.
Boo: She told me enough! She told me I'm a clone trooper.
Discord: No. I am your father!
Boo: That's not true! That's impossible!
Discord: Search your feelings, you know it is true!
Boo: Feelings have nothing to do with it. In previous chapters I have always referred to you, and you have acknowledged yourself as, an uncle to me.
Discord: Oh bother. I always hate it when ponies don't go along with reenacting a movie scene.
Boo: Movie?
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Hah! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Icy Shake, Triage's description came up again in some editing I was doing, and I've made some notes about it in the spreadsheet, just as a reminder; I hope you don't mind. We can remove the notes once her new colors (which I'm not sure what to call) are solidified and the old descriptions are corrected.
I also went ahead and put in Colonel Cupcake's updated colors.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Hey, that's what it's there for. Here's the relevant editing stuff I could find on those topics, plus a few others.

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 pm

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much.

regarding the bats:
...Did we not decide that hoofball used bats? Hm. Though you're right that baseball (and baseball bats) is in the original, and hoofball isn't...
...And the occurrences of "baseball bat" in PH actually outnumber those of "hoofball bat"...
Eh, yeah, I'd better make the change. Thanks for finding these!

I've updated Triage's colors in the spreadsheet.

Icy Shake wrote:’m glad the Prof isn’t a complete basket case.”

I don't think "Prof" should be capitalized

I’m glad the Prof isn’t a complete basket case.”

"Prof" shouldn't be capitalized
You appear to have listed that twice.

Icy Shake wrote:“How’re the Prof’s parts?”

I don't think "Prof" should be capitalized

“How’re the Prof’s parts?”

"Prof" shouldn't be capitalized
And again, with the same format. Curious.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Yeah, that is weird. Sorry.

On the subject of the bats, there's also a bit from Hightower that kind of cut down on the ambiguity of what hoofball is:
Then a hoofball whizzed through the air and smashed her upside her face, deflecting to crash into the back of Rampage’s head. From there it rocketed straight at me. I raised my hooves, popped my fingers free, and caught the oval brown ball.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 am

No problem.

Aye, I mentioned that in the discussion last time, I think.  Thanks, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:37 am

My one weakness—remembering things for over a week!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:33 am

:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:51 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Somber11
And the penultimate chapter, 76!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:22 pm

First!

Okay, so that's not very insightful commentary. Let me just say I was looking forward to this in light of a whole bunch of other drama these last weeks.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 pm

76:
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:10 pm

OF HAPPENINGS
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:37 pm

HOLY SHIT HYPE

Okay, just finished reading it. No commentary to provide at this time. I'm sure something witty will come to me tomorrow or later.

In the meantime, well...

Good job Somber. Good freaking job. I'm hyped for the ending you have in store.

And because I'm sure it was pretty much set-up so people would speculate on it...

Ch.76 spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Spoiler:
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Harmony wrote:And because I'm sure it was pretty much set-up so people would speculate on it...
That was the idea, yes. :)

CD wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Harmony wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:14 am

*nuzzles Somber and Hinds each just barely*

A whole lot more crying than I've done for a while... but it's a very solid chapter, definitely fitting for the first half of a finale.

Chapter 76 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:23 am

Thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:51 pm

And now, the end is near. And so we face the final curtain...

I'm both happy and sad Project Horizons is coming to end. It's been one heck of a rollercoaster ride of emotions, thrills, and some really wonderful writing and characters. I think it is actually better than Fallout Equestria in some respects. And to be honest, it is probably the best piece of fanfiction I've ever read.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Thank you, Evilgidgit. :)

Also, the title and quote (though the latter isn't completely fixed yet) for the final chapter are up on the hub page. In case anyone needed more hype. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Chapter 76 Commentary, Small addition...:

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Ch.76 spoiler:
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:47 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Chapter 76 Commentary, Small addition...:
Agreed. :)
(Except for the "any day" bit; it's good, yes, but there are too many unknown possibilities for me to currently feel confident saying that it is the absolute best out of all potential ones.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Ch.76 spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

editing notes:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:30 am

I've made edits to correct two continuity issues.
In Chapter 60:
It wasn’t the clunkier Neighvarro style of armor nor the smoother lines of Thunderhead; this armor concealed every inch of their body, even the undersides of their wings.  The uniform black was broken by lines of purple.
has been changed to
It wasn’t the clunkier Neighvarro style of armor nor the smoother lines of Thunderhead, and instead of a uniform black, it was mostly purple.
In Chapter 62 Part 2:
It was just too hard to tell a pony by the end of their muzzle and the underside of their wings.
has been deleted

These (hopefully) fix two problems, the second of which concerns the color of Mare Do Well's armor and which I noticed while looking for instances of the first.
The first I noticed when checking a reference: GPE power armor, as far as I can tell, is fully enclosed. The reason for the confusion (and I'm afraid that, IIRC, that this being a problem in PH is due to a memory glitch on my part; I for this offer my apologies) is a passage in the original when the muzzle tips and wing undersides are left uncovered. Vector-Brony's images use this design, having inherited it, according to the documentation (found, among other places, here) from one Brisineo. In turn, Brisinio's design, as documented here, is based on the same description I was remembering. The problem is that that description, when I looked through the original just now, is of Rainbow Dash wearing one of Rarity's early prototypes and is the only description I found in the original of armor with those openings; what I did find were multiple descriptions of GPE armor being fully enclosed. I again apologize for the presence of this error. If you see any remaining instances of incorrectly described armor (including this design detail and the coloring of Mare Do Well's), please let me know. Thank you.

RoboRed wrote:
editing notes:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:54 am

editing note:
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next