Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but an echo chamber is pretty much only listening to opinions you already agree with. It has nothing to do with listening to idiots. And fair enough. I can see it would be easy to label someone with an opposing opinion an idiot. That's an easy trap to fall into, but make no mistake suggesting anyone is any kind "ist" or any criticism is any kind of "ist" because the person giving it is different in some way than the person recieving it is idiotic.

The people who suggest that kind of thing if they aren't idiots are at the very least dishonest. Which is an even better reason not to listen to them.

But to repeat I can see how that would be an easy trap to fall into. I'll be more careful about it in the future.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 pm

By the way, I had it pointed to me...

The two thugs wanted to kill journalists and fight Free Speech;

They got killed in a printing house.

Well, isn't it ironic?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Echo Chamber in the sense that everyone is repeating something someone else is saying without knowing what it means?

"Hey, since everyone else is saying it and seem to be popular because of it, I'll say it too!"

@Irony

Certainly; is it too soon to point and laugh?

- elsewhere -
Interesting contrast:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:33 pm

God dammit, I fucking love the best friends zaibatsu:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:36 pm

They could print the next few issues of the paper like they were the Kiss comics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm

"MMMURDERRR"

"And how many "M's" are in that?"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Harmony
Uggghhhhh. God, those people have been crawling out of the woodwork. "Maybe we should redefine what hate speech is to include making fun of the majority religion on the planet." "Don't support Hebdo, support only that one Muslim security guard who died, he's the only innocent in this." "I guess this just shows the problem with having freedom of speech." "I like the taste of my own shit so much that I connected a tube from my ass to my mouth. Wait, what were we talking about?"
There are a shocking number of people in both wings that are disturbingly okay with censorship so long as what's being censored offends them. The notion that likely half of the population is equally offended by their speech isn't even considered. It seems to be becoming a more prevalent idea nowadays that basic rights like freedom of speech aren't as important as people's precious fucking feelings.

I see SJW's every day calling for censorship (and being insulting and demeaning in doing so) because they're offended 'for' someone else. I've laughed my ass off at "homophobic" jokes that people have critized because it could offend gays and bisexuals. I've laughed off or ignored jokes or blatantly hateful speech and attitudes towards soldiers that....well, the SJW's are happy to let soldiers get shit on, since they represent the evil imperialist white-conspiracy government (via armed forces that have proportionately more minority peoples and more LGBT people than the general population) but the point remains. 

Freedom of speech isn't meant to protect safe and popular opinions. Like it or not--in America, at least--the first amendment was drafted with 'offensive' people like Seth MacFarlan (and other frequent targets of attempted bannings and petitions) in mind, just as the Establishment clause was designed with popular religions like Christianity in mind and Separation with unpopular ones like Islam. The idea of a republic is to prevent both tyranny of the majority and tyranny of the minority. 

If only we'd been living that ideal for the last two-hundred-and-change years rather than thumping our bibles and saying we're a Christian nation, or criminalizing the peaceful protests that are specifically constitutionally protected. Of course, gun laws were pretty much "fuck the second amendment" for much of the turn of the 20th century up until fairly recently--for some damn reason, actually adhering to the document that forms the spine of our government seems to be a recent idea.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:19 pm

I wonder if politicians nowadays ever went to school and learned about American history

I'm leaning towards "No"

I'm waiting for another American Civil War that tears the country in three
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

That'll never happen.

Literally never.

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Seconding what Last said, it would never happen, for many different reasons.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:47 pm

@Frost
Pretty much. As with all ideals, there are exceptions - blatant incitement to violence, yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, but even then... it's not cut and dry, not even close, and at least in America courts have consistently sided with free speech over things like media that promote violence, suicide. Plus there're laws on stuff like libel; Britain's libel laws favor the allegedly libeled, America's favor the alleged libeler. None of that comes even close to protecting feelings from being hurt by what someone says.

In fairness to SJWs (excuse me while I vomit for saying that phrase), most of what I've seen of their shenanigans involves inciting people/companies to boycott or self-censor, rather than having the government do it. Even then, it's... kind of iffy, depending on your interpretation of "free speech" - if there's organized social coercion to hurt you for saying something, that's not really all that practically different from the government doing it. It boils down more to personal/societal values, i.e. whether or not you/your society values the ideal of free speech enough to not sanction someone for saying things you don't like. Of course, people also have the right to be pissed off with you if you say something they don't like; they have the right to do anything to you for it that they're allowed to do by the government. And what they're allowed to do depends on what you said/did, in some cases. Shit's not simple. But yeah, the ones who want the government to punish people for saying offensive stuff? They don't have a leg to stand on in the Western tradition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah, a civil war doesn't seem to be a concern at present. 

Mostly because those sneaky Canuks would supply one or more sides favorable to them with arms and covert training in order to leave the victors an effective puppet state that they could exploit for our vast crops of non-frozen food and breakfasts beside maple syrup. 

I mean, seriously, who does that?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:02 pm

On an unrelated note, today I started playing Hatoful Boyfriend.

It is actually the best thing ever.:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Logged in after being away for like 2 months just to say Hatoful Boyfriend is great and it was probably my game of the year last year (not that the competition was exactly fierce, 2014 was a year of pretty lackluster games) almost entirely from the BBL ending. So enjoy Scienza!

Last edited by iLateralGX on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Harmonybait
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:32 pm

While we're switching topics you guys were talking about art yesterday. If you want some advice save your old drawings. It's pretty damn difficult to avoid making comparisons between yourself and another artist, truth is you may never be better than them or even as good but if you save your old drawings you'll definitely be able to see improvement.

Not sure if it'll help any of you but it helped me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Yeah, I think I may need to get Hatoful Boyfriend.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:02 pm

It's on sale currently so if there were a time to do it, it would be now.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:20 pm

... Aaaand done.

Took the collector edition while I was at it. Shit, it was only 99 cents €8.79!

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:
Who had the armor fetish?:
Not a fetish. I just think ponies in plate armor are freakin' awesome.

Last wrote:While we're switching topics you guys were talking about art yesterday. If you want some advice save your old drawings. It's pretty damn difficult to avoid making comparisons between yourself and another artist, truth is you may never be better than them or even as good but if you save your old drawings you'll definitely be able to see improvement.

Not sure if it'll help any of you but it helped me.
Oh, if only it were easy for me to disengage fucks...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Fuck it; gotta find somethin' to do between guard shifts for the next, like, three fucking months.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Read fics, play games, make plans to overthrow secret world goverment.
Alternativelly, if you're interensed in some line of work/hobby - read/practice on that one.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Well, my current thinking is that pigeon game. I read fics while I'm on shift and the secret one-world order is gonna be a bunch of irrelevant fuckbois here soon when the Reptilians get here, so I ain't even botherin' with it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Fuck it; gotta find somethin' to do between guard shifts for the next, like, three fucking months.
fap.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Speaking of the pigeon thing, there is also a sequel (which is more a visual novel and not a dating sim) and a webcomic/manga. So uh, yeah.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:44 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Fuck it; gotta find somethin' to do between guard shifts for the next, like, three fucking months.
fap.
There's an upper limit, bruh. Gets painful after a while. 

Anywho, I'm already torn between my blue-haired fuckbuddy and this suave-ass senpai motherfucker, and it's, like, not even the end of the first day.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Though there's a shocking deficit of lesbians.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:47 pm

All boys school. Not kidding.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Except, of course, for the sole human girl (who lives in a a cave?)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Regardless, this game just acts like a normal dating sim, regardless of the fact that everyone's a damn pigeon and half of the dialogue is dry, witty humor. This pleases me.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next