Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Dutcher Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 pm

We'll I don't really mind if somber even notice the story, I just thought it would be kinda cool if Somber made a little reference to something one of the users here wrote.
Icy Shake wrote:
swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:hell, I love your sketches and have made a habit of saving them off to a readily accessible file.
Any chance that’s a publicly viewable gdocs file or something?
It is now. Roughly, it's in blog format, with page breaks between (what I believe were) separate instances of him publishing them, in reverse chronological order.
I'll post here the stuff you're missing, at least as much as has been posted to my deviantart.
[stuff]
I never really realized I'd written so much stupid stuff. I wonder how long they'd be if it was all converted it all into PH-style writing.
Thanks, swicked. Added.

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Perhaps more surprising was Amadi. In particular, his interpretation of the stars' message was plausible, and I'd normally think little of it. But he's got a thing about prophesy and should have known to be more skeptical, more thorough. And yet I can see why it happens, with him interpreting the message to mean what he wanted to hear after waiting so long.
Well, that sort of implies that the evil stars were actively trying to to screw him over with a cryptic answer. I would think, instead, that they were saying, "Look, she's mindless, and you just blew up her brain. There's this tiny little chance that she could be recovered if all these horrible people manage to work together, and each of them are willing to sacrifice their lives for this, and then she manages to beat up a guy in power armor with her bare hooves. Which, of course, is the kind of unlikely chain of events that Discord is all about.

I sort of have this mental image of Dawn and Snips behind the computer while Cogs tries to fire Horizons, looking at each and other going, "Wow, we really fucked up, huh?"
I wasn't trying to imply that, more that there could be a degree of vagueness due to those on the other end not being ponies, and thinking very differently. Possibly there could be flaws in the channel itself that leave things fuzzy. Such is the way of prophesy, and this was most certainly a prophetic interaction, if in the speaking with gods sense rather than predicting the future sens. I was just saying that he's used to this kind of thing, but may have fallen prey to a cognitive bias in favor of hearing what he wanted to hear at a crucial time, and taking it too far.

Meleagridis wrote:
Dutcher wrote:
Somber plz  Sweetie Belle
Start a petition. Bunch of signatures and a donation.
Somber plz. pls dont.
Or: keep it minimal, like a radroad scurrying away if and when Blackjack finds the sword again. Subtle, like the Pink Eyes reference in chapter thirty four.

Scienza wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Chapter 65 wrote:"But victory is branded on your flanks for all to see.  A winning pair, impossible to beat in the game of Blackjack.”
As others have pointed out, Blackjacks real name is Go Fish, and those two cards have no meaning in a game of go fish
But Blackjack did earn her cutie mark while playing blackjack, so it makes sense that it would be specific to the game...

As for the name thing, I'm going to dispute that Go Fish is her "real" name. It's her given name, but that doesn't necessarily make it any more real. "Blackjack" is more than just a pseudonym that Go Fish hides behind, it's the mare's identity, how she perceives herself and constructs her perceptions. "Blackjack" is a truer name than "Go Fish", which is why it completely replaced the other in her internal perceptions. Compare it to Morning/Fallen Glory, where she was still just Morning trying to be Fallen.
I largely agree here. I'd add, though, that in addition to her name-by-choice, there's the name she earned, and the name of the legend—Security—that could also be seen as more real than her given name, if not in my opinion as real as "Blackjack."

Last wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Chapter 65 wrote:"But victory is branded on your flanks for all to see.  A winning pair, impossible to beat in the game of Blackjack.”
As others have pointed out, Blackjacks real name is Go Fish, and those two cards have no meaning in a game of go fish
But Blackjack did earn her cutie mark while playing blackjack, so it makes sense that it would be specific to the game...

As for the name thing, I'm going to dispute that Go Fish is her "real" name. It's her given name, but that doesn't necessarily make it any more real. "Blackjack" is more than just a pseudonym that Go Fish hides behind, it's the mare's identity, how she perceives herself and constructs her perceptions. "Blackjack" is a truer name than "Go Fish", which is why it completely replaced the other in her internal perceptions. Compare it to Morning/Fallen Glory, where she was still just Morning trying to be Fallen.

Not trying to dispute, but while it may not be true I thought the Go Fish idea was neat. If only because if that is the case BJ got rid of her hand. In the context of that game near victory has become victory.

Also Go Fish makes more sense with the cutie mark. She got that mark when she witnessed a filly being destroyed by malfuctioning door, if she believes she could have done something to save her (Can't remember when she mentioned it if she expressed that or not) that near victory of being able to save the filly seems like the much more significant event than the card game. Especially if they had played the game before then, given that they live in a stable I imagine the number of things they could do was pretty limited.

When did she adopt the name? Maybe that's why BJ did adopt it, guilt over her inaction.

Probably wrong, but it's kind of a neat thought.
I'd argue against the "emptying hand" point, on the basis that that seems, to me, to require not merely losing her old cutie mark, but gaining a new one which is an empty hand (and thus potentially blank, but that strikes me as a silly cutie mark).

That said, I'm very hesitant to take Cognitum's interpretation of Blackjack's cutie mark at face value. While I do think it's what she believes, she doesn't know all the details, like the possibility that Blackjack took her name after her mark, much less the details of how she got it. Why, I'd say that at that point Luna's disembodied soul probably knew better than Cognitum did what its meaning was, on the basis of her short dream visit.

As for the "Hatches" story, there really isn't much detail—so we aren't too far off from Cognitum's situation in that respect. But we do know everyone was too shell-shocked to even get up to do anything.
Chapter Fifteen wrote:Once upon a time, when I was just a filly, my flank was blank, and then one day it wasn’t anymore.  Rivets had inherited a deck of cards from her mother, and we were playing blackjack, the only card game my feeble math skills could handle.  Rivets, Daisy, Marmalade, Hatches, and I were sitting around a table in a storeroom, drinking synthetic apple juice and betting impossible sums with nuts, bolts, screws, and the occasional actual old bit.  We were having a great time.

Then Hatches had to go pee.  The door of the storeroom was like most: a pair of metal plates slid up and down by an electric motor connected to a button.  She’d pressed that and started through.  There had been a short, and the door had closed on her, the large, heavy slab falling from above and the smaller sheet being pushed up from below, with her body in the middle.  A horrible snapping sound, then the mechanism had caught and the door opened again.  Over in a second.  We’d just watched, stunned, as she kept walking on shaking limbs.  She’d reached the stairs before she crumpled and died two minutes later.  We still just watched, too shocked to even move.

Did I mention that we only started calling her Hatches after she was crushed?
And I don't think it's entirely clear when she started calling herself "Blackjack." All there really is to go on is a memory when she's in class and insisting on being called "Blackjack," but there's no mention of either a presence or absence of a cutie mark or whether this was pre- or post-Hatches.

Chapter Forty Five Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Five Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Five Editing:
Other Chapter Editing:
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 3:59 pm

@swicked
Well, waaay back when, he seemed to make reference to the crazy conspiracy theories some of us were running about Sanguine by having Blackjack be all "Yo Goldenblood, what gives? Why ya gotta be a ghoul, bro?" to him. Dunno if that really counts; if it doesn't, then the fact that a lot of characters had their roles expanded due to audience admiration probably doesn't, either. But that also happened, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 12, 2014 6:01 pm

swicked wrote:Who had their role expanded?
The only character I can think of was Glory, and she stuck around 'cause Somber liked her.
What was fate initially?
I remember hearing something about her death but not much else...

Edit: I just noticed I had a brohoof, I feel validated

Edit 2: I have now obtained two brohoofs, and have attained even further validation than I previously felt possible...

Edit 3: Why... why are you doing this...

Edit 4: Seriously who are you people?

Last edited by Rayndalf on Tue May 13, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit: Why?)
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Well, BJ was never really in a position to observe her own body. At any point that BJ's soul was in the blank, she would have been in that non-person state, on the wrong side of her eyes, or watching a relatively distant camera shot from above. And she hasn't exactly been exposed to a mirror since she got her mind and soul back together. Steel Rain and the Broken Monster Squad (Hey, I used to play bass for Steel Rain and the Broken Monster Squad!) had more pressing concerns than the state of BJ's eyeballs once her body was retrieved, so I don't think anyone else would be in a position to mention her eyes until she got to the relative calm of the batpony castle.
Hm, I suppose.  If there was a change, though, happily, it could be folded into the same offscreen exposition as the answer to "So, how are your legs squishy again?"

SilentCarto wrote:No problem, buddy. *pat pat*
Thanks.  :)

Oh, and by the way, I like your hypothesis about Hatches and Blackjack's names.

swicked wrote:Kay, I thought his eyes glowed because his body was a soul jar. Could it be his eyes glow because of HOW he saw the other side? Because I don't get the feeling he died and came back multiple times, losing his memory of the other side each time, like Blackjack has.
I mean, she can only figure she's seen the other side. She doesn't remember it.
Ah, that is another good point.

edit:
Rayndalf wrote:What was fate initially?
She was originally planned to die in the Fluttershy Medical Center, in the light game. Then the story/Somber-as-distinct-from-David got other ideas.
I'm not sure why I didn't answer this in the original post...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 12, 2014 6:39 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:What was fate initially?
She was originally planned to die in the Fluttershy Medical Center, in the light game.  Then the story/Somber-as-distinct-from-David got other ideas.
I'm not sure why I didn't answer this in the original post...
When I first read that chapter I thought she dead for sure, but I'm glad she lived. Its generally good practice not to introduce characters then promptly murder them, but it should always be a possibility.

Last edited by Rayndalf on Mon May 12, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Morning Glory
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 12, 2014 6:47 pm

I believe that there was a "her" missing from Randalf's question, but the context seemed clear enough.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Mon May 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Hmm, wonder how the story would turn out without Glory
Eh Boo is good enough as a romance.
Edit: by way is too late  to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Dutcher wrote:Eh Boo is good enough as a romance.
...Are you shipping Boo and Blackjack?

Dutcher wrote:Edit: by way is too late to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?
I'd definitely say so.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon May 12, 2014 9:22 pm

swicked wrote:Kay, I thought his eyes glowed because his body was a soul jar. Could it be his eyes glow because of HOW he saw the other side? Because I don't get the feeling he died and came back multiple times, losing his memory of the other side each time, like Blackjack has.
Well, chapter 49:
“So, when the curse went off, I was able to pull you back and put you in your body,” he said with a nervous smile.  “Snips and me used it once to see the other side… but I don’t remember much.  But my eyes were all glowy afterwards.  Weird, eh?”  He leaned uncomfortably close, peering at my own.  “Wonder why yours aren’t.  I mean, there’s a kinda reddish light in there, but...”
“My eyes are synthetic,” I said quietly.

And given that Tarot was described as having "stars in her eyes", I wouldn't be shocked if visiting the Moon let her see the other side in utero.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:Also Go Fish makes more sense with the cutie mark. She got that mark when she witnessed a filly being destroyed by malfuctioning door, if she believes she could have done something to save her (Can't remember when she mentioned it if she expressed that or not) that near victory of being able to save the filly seems like the much more significant event than the card game. Especially if they had played the game before then, given that they live in a stable I imagine the number of things they could do was pretty limited.

When did she adopt the name? Maybe that's why BJ did adopt it, guilt over her inaction.
Interesting idea!

It's not clear when BJ adopted her new name,  but if her dream of meeting P-21 (er... "Blue Colt") is to be believed, she changed her name very shortly after gaining her cutie mark. She's also very vague about her CM story -- "At first I didn't have a cutie mark, and then one day, I did." She only goes into detail about the circumstances of Hatches' death, not the life-defining moment when she figured out her own destiny.

They also stopped referring to Hatches by her real name after that. That says to me that the event was so traumatic that the fillies didn't want to think of their friend being dead; instead, they could talk about the death of this filly named Hatches that they had no emotional connection to. In other words, I think BJ's repressing the hell out of the whole event. I have this suspicion that Hatches was really important to Go Fish, which is why she didn't want to be Go Fish anymore. If they were as inseperable as I suspect, losing her would be like the CMC losing Scootaloo; you can still talk about Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, but there's this missing piece that's conspicuous in its absence.
For Blackjack, at least, it wasn't precisely that she didn't want to think of Hatches as dead. Rather, it prompted her to ask about what came after, only to be reminded that thinking is only bad for you.
Chapter Thirty Four wrote:Once, after Hatches got killed, I’d asked Hymnal about what happened when we died. The question seemed somewhat pertinent at the time. The answer she gave was simple: we went into the recycler and somepony took our place. Finding that answer somewhat less than fulfilling, I pressed on. She attempted some muttered comment about how, when you died, you went to the everafter to be reunited with the princesses and your loved ones. Then she reported me to Mom, and one sore butt later I learned not to harass our stable’s duly appointed spiritual leader.

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Somber plz. pls dont.
Or: keep it minimal, like a radroad scurrying away if and when Blackjack finds the sword again. Subtle, like the Pink Eyes reference in chapter thirty four.
There was a Pink Eyes reference in chapter 34?
Yep:
Chapter Thirty Four wrote:A tiny pinprick of lavender light far off in the distance came to life, and with it I heard a single soft note and felt a gentle pull towards it. Now, I know that most ponies say not to head towards the light. Those ponies failed to mention that there weren't actually a lot of other options. Considering how many bad choices I’d made in my life, what was one more?

Though, considering how many bad choices I'd made, I looked forward to Celestia punting my sorry ass straight into Hell. I guess I could have fought against the pull, but… I was tired of darkness.

As I moved, I could hear the tone more clearly. It wasn’t one constant drone but a single musical note that pulsed with the throb of the light. And... another pulse accompanied the first one. I moved closer still and saw a second light, a soft orange point that sang the other sound. And then a third was born, a cheery pink. Another, majestic purple. Teal. A pair, green and gold. A pair of pink motes pranced and tumbled around each other with a tinkling like laughter while a purple and lavender pair hovered attentively nearby. Each with its own note. Its own music. There were hundreds. Thousands. Millions…
Icy Shake wrote:Lavender - Gin Rummy
Orange - Applejack
Pink - Pinky Pie
Purple - Rarity
Teal - ??? not Rainbow Dash, probably Scoodle
Green - ??? I don't think I ever had a good guess on this one
Gold - ??? The best I could ever come up with was Goldenblood, and that's far from a sure thing
Pink * 2 - ???
Purple, lavender - ??? I was originally thinking Thorn and Roses, but Thorn was pink in 18 ("After all, I was bleeding out slowly and Thorn was now an orphan. “We know how you feel,” one of the ghoul foals told the pink unicorn. “Our parents are dead too.”" and "She looked at her daughter, but the pink filly was captivated by the dirty little sock puppet.") and lavender in 19 (I ran to the puppet and saw the lavender filly running towards the bridge. )
You identified Green and Gold as Vanity and Blueblood via recalled previous word of god. Then:
Somber wrote:Think of another side fic with a little pink protagonist...
Granted, it's coy, but I think that was the implication, leaving the two pink stars as Puppysmiles and Thorn, with Lavender and Purple as Roses and Puppysmiles's mom.

Anyway, as I said, subtle.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 12, 2014 9:52 pm

BooJack would probably be unsettlingly adorable and kind of incredibly creepy.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon May 12, 2014 10:03 pm

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Well, chapter 49:
“So, when the curse went off, I was able to pull you back and put you in your body,” he said with a nervous smile.  “Snips and me used it once to see the other side… but I don’t remember much.  But my eyes were all glowy afterwards.  Weird, eh?”  He leaned uncomfortably close, peering at my own.  “Wonder why yours aren’t.  I mean, there’s a kinda reddish light in there, but...”
“My eyes are synthetic,” I said quietly.

And given that Tarot was described as having "stars in her eyes", I wouldn't be shocked if visiting the Moon let her see the other side in utero.
Kay, so yeah, exact same curse should have had exact same result. It'd be less noticeable, I think, than her black cyber legs giving way to white organic ones.
Honestly, though, her eyes have been glowing for 99.9% of the fic. She immediately got them nuked and they glowed yellow, then replaced and glowed red, now reborn and they glow... what, just pale? Blue-ish? Somethin'.
Not that they wouldn't still notice, but Psychoshy and Stygius were out of the picture by the end of 49, when the legs were still matte white enameled. The black legs came five chapters later after Blackjack broke them again, in addition to the time in Hightower.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 12, 2014 10:57 pm

swicked wrote:Honestly, though, her eyes have been glowing for 99.9% of the fic. She immediately got them nuked and they glowed yellow, then replaced and glowed red, now reborn and they glow... what, just pale? Blue-ish? Somethin'.
That is another good point, I think.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue May 13, 2014 12:35 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, and by the way, I like your hypothesis about Hatches and Blackjack's names.
Thanks!  Twilight Sparkle 

swicked wrote:Honestly, though, her eyes have been glowing for 99.9% of the fic. She immediately got them nuked and they glowed yellow, then replaced and glowed red, now reborn and they glow... what, just pale? Blue-ish? Somethin'.
Hehe, you've got me there. BJ changes her eyeglow about as often as some folks change their hair color. For that matter, I guess neither Whisper nor Stygius have ever known her eyes not to glow.

I believe this one is just a ghostly white gleam in the pupils. Hey, maybe Tarot's heritage makes her predisposed to glowing eyes.

Icy Shake wrote:Granted, it's coy, but I think that was the implication, leaving the two pink stars as Puppysmiles and Thorn, with Lavender and Purple as Roses and Puppysmiles's mom.

Anyway, as I said, subtle.
Oh, riiiight. I remember that now that you say it. Thanks!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 am

Dutcher wrote:By the way is too late  to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?
Way too late. We're in the endgame here.

I mean, I guess Tartarus exists and Tirek is in there in a hypothetical sort of way, but in this universe, Twilight isn't a princess and Discord never got released and reformed. So that whole plot kind of can't happen.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Hehe, you've got me there. BJ changes her eyeglow about as often as some folks change their hair color. For that matter, I guess neither Whisper nor Stygius have ever known her eyes not to glow.
Those two, sure. But what gets crazier is it's pretty much everyone outside of 99. Glory shot Blackjack because of her glowing eyes! I think the only major characters left who have seen her with non-glowingbefore she had glowing eyes (besides perhaps some other 99 survivors) are P-21, Scotch Tape, Boing, and Spike. Edit: Though I guess it depends on how glowy they were in response to radiation, since she didn't always have the night vision, or at any rate it scaled with her rad count.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Dutcher wrote:Eh Boo is good enough as a romance.
...Are you shipping Boo and Blackjack?

Dutcher wrote:Edit: by way is too late  to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?
I'd definitely say so.
No of course not... Mabey?

SilentCarto wrote:
Dutcher wrote:By the way is too late  to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?

I mean, I guess Tartarus exists and Tirek is in there in a hypothetical sort of way, but in this universe, Twilight isn't a princess and Discord never got released and reformed. So that whole plot kind of can't happen.
Well I was thinking that Celestia and Luna already know him, so he can still be somehow relevant but ye I guess it's way too late now
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 13, 2014 2:39 am

I am, as you know, in general against attempts to integrate new show canon. Somber's shown that he certainly can do it (Discord, for example), but I'd still much prefer not to take the risk.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 am

SilentCarto wrote:

Well in the show, Tirek escaped in season two in one of the earlier episodes when Cerberus left. I'm also sure there was a reference to Cerberus escaping somewhere in the story, (if it is PH or the original, I can honestly not remember), but my assumption on this when I gave it the thought, was Tirek was picked up by the MoP at some point and placed back into Tartarus or experimented on by another undisclosed sect within the story or perhaps even axed as we've seen Luna be more cold blooded then she initially appeared to be. Whether or not this deserves to be addressed, my personal opinion is a no; however, it could just be as simple as putting a name in a folder that Blackjack looks at and dismisses nearly as quickly. Would do no harm to the story and would take less than two sentences if Somber so desired.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 13, 2014 2:58 am

I'm still against it (though of course I'd go along with it if Somber insisted). As I see it, it's unnecessary, would add nothing to the story, and would risk causing damage.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 am

I'd say that anything beyond a one-off "apocalypse killed him" is unlikely. There's nothing necessarily precluding his existence (same goes for Discord in the original FO:E, who just got a "Probably died in the Cloud"), it's just that he won't have really had that much of an impact beyond legend or myth.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 pm

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:

An incredibly fortified from the inside (so as to prevent even the most powerful magical monsters from getting out), presumably underground or in an otherwise badlands-y area where nothing (that you'd want to keep alive at a time like this) lives.
If I were in the MoAS, Tartarus would be the site I'd pick for the majority of megaspell testing, personally.
If such a place were then to be integrated into PH, though, I'd put it under Black Pony Mountain. I mean, I've still no idea whatsoever what is at BPM, but in terms of dangerous places of Equestria which every effort should have been made to get the common pony to avoid, there was no place like Tartarus.
Unless I'm missing something, which I likely am.
Redoubt?
The dead body of the EoS
Zebra mega spell that makes the mountain come to life?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm still of the belief that the EoS is located under BPM. Hell, a goddamn starspawn lives there.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Scienza wrote:I'm still of the belief that the EoS is located under BPM. Hell, a goddamn starspawn lives there.
Perhaps the tokomare is the heart? Or brain?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

What are you guys talking about? Theres nothing important about Black Pony Mountain. Spike
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:I'm still of the belief that the EoS is located under BPM. Hell, a goddamn starspawn lives there.
But the entire point is that it's under hoofington...
BPM is still in the region. The EoS is ridiculously huge.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm

What about the Redoubt? I think it's under... nah, nothing's important about Black Pony Mountain.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Tue May 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Dutcher wrote:Hmm, wonder how the story would turn out without Glory
Eh Boo is good enough as a romance.
Edit: by way is too late  to somehow include Tirek and Tartarus in the story?
I believe in the original FOE balefire bombs worked by opening portals to Tartarus

Am I the only one who remembered an overuse of the words whinnying and nickering in the story?
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Rayndalf wrote:
Am I the only one who remembered an overuse of the words whinnying and nickering in the story?
Nope.
I thought it was kinda adorable.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next